/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to avoid Christmas?

Mohamed_
12-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Salam Aleykum everyone,
I've a half muslim and a half non-mulsim family background. My parents are separated, so I live with my mother. She is not a muslim, my dad is.

I converted to Islam about 5 months ago, and before it I was christian, just like my mother now. And I celebrated Christmass of course.

But since I am a muslim, I'm not thinking of the christian celebrations, including Christmas. I would not like to celebrate it, becuase Christmas isn't exist in the Islams' celebrations, and I did never like it that so much.

I've already spoken to my mother about it, and told her I prefet to be with my dad at the Christmas time. She said 'no', and she also told me to choose some present. Then I told that to her again, I would not like to celebrate Christmas.

I also don't want to celebrate it because of the alcohol, everyone is drinking alcohol a lot, and eating pork at Christmas. I also told it to her. She was like not listening to me.

I'm feeling myself forced to the Christmas. I would not really like to get any present for Christmas, or watching drunk family members.imsad I really prefer to stay at my dad until the Christmas done.

Here in Europe, especially in Hungary, they don't celebrate the main thing of Christmas. Somehow they forgot about Jesus' birth (peace be upon him).

Is there any possible way to avoid Christmas?imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
12-02-2009, 12:15 PM
:w:

inshaAllah someone who has been in this situation can help you in a practical way but may Allah make it easy for you

Rabi'ya
12-02-2009, 01:34 PM
:sl:

brother, I kinda understand where you are coming from. Actually for me, I do ospend Christmas with my non-muslim family. for us it has no religious connotation, like it seems in ur family. yet it is a time for us when we are all off work/study and can come together for a day to enjoy each others company. Usually we go to my grandmothers house, have a meal at lunch time, then spend the afternoon with the men watching the TV and the women chatting about things in the kitchen and clearing up. sometimes we go for a walk after dinner.

With regards to presents, I don't give presents as I dont want to celebrate christmas, but my family often get me someting small. My gran usually gets me a bar of chocolate and my mum usually gets me something like a book. I don't expect presents and anyway, if someones offers a gift its rude to refuse. I usually take a large box of choclates to share round, and I tend to help with the cooking, so thats my gift to everyone.

Also, I couldnt care less whether Christmas day existed or not, but it means a lot to my parents that I am with them for thsi day and as long as I am not partaking in any haraam and it does not keep me from my duties as a Muslim then alhamdulillah. even my husband will come with us this year inshAllah

UmmSqueakster
12-02-2009, 02:02 PM
wa alaikum assalam,

Welcome to islam!

I don't know much about your situation, but I can guess perhaps your mother sees your acceptance of islam as a rejection of her. You need to make sure she knows that you still love and respect her, and as a muslim, that is in fact your duty to do, as mothers are increadibly important. Among the sahaba, there were many who were converts with non muslim parents, and they always treated them with a great deal of respect. Being a child of divorce is hard enough as it is. Throw in religion and it can be darn near impossible! Make sure she knows you're not choosing your father over her, and that you are still her son and that you want to do your best to make her happy.

My parents still don't understand that I don't celebrate christmas, and it's been 8 years! However, I do make sure that I chose a time close to the holiday to spend with them, and to exchange presents. Offer to spend new years with your mother and make it YOUR holiday together. It will be your special mother-son time from now on. You can cook a special meal together, exchange gifts and do other things you enjoy.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mohamed_
12-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Thank you for the ideas. Anyways, she has been a muslim, but that's happened around 1994. She knows something about Islam, but she forgot much and now she doesn't really care about such an Islamic thing. =\

Allah my make it easier for me. I hope so. imsad

touba
12-02-2009, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_
Thank you for the ideas. Anyways, she has been a muslim, but that's happened around 1994. She knows something about Islam, but she forgot much and now she doesn't really care about such an Islamic thing. =\

Allah my make it easier for me. I hope so. imsad
Brother MOHAMED

Why not to try to convince your mother to be back as a muslim , Get close to her and talk to her about the islam and spend holiday with her and offer her some gifts may ALLAH SWT show her the right path and come back as a muslim again i wish you good luck INSHALLAH

Cabdullahi
12-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Brother in order to avoid christmas you have to kill santa claus
by taking out father christmas there will be no christmas.

im kidding dude!

i would advice you to sit with your mum and explain to her in a nice manner...inshallah she'll understand

Esther462
12-02-2009, 04:02 PM
My family are Christans and I can't avoid Christmas puls it everywhere now in the UK. On TV, in shops and at home. My mum and my family has asked me what I want for Christmas and I just told them. I'm also getting gifts too as I want to be part of the family and I only have to get 2 out of my big family. I'm seeing the gifts as late Eid gifts and I'm seeing the few days over Christmas an excuse to see my family and extended family as I don't get to see them in the rest of the year. How I'm dealing with the food. My mum does turkey on Christmas day and Pork on New Year, so one of my sisters is a veggie so I'm going to eat the same food as her and my family don't really drink alcohol so I won't be under pressure to drink.
My advice is to see Christmas as a time to spend with your family and just ask your mum, can you eat differnet food from the rest of the family.

Mohamed_
12-02-2009, 05:52 PM
@ touba: My mom doesn't really like Islam, but he knows that muslims are not terrorists. I'm happy for that because she doesn't think I'm a terrorist.:) She also knows if she re-converts to Islam she has to get married with my stepfather or loose him. =\ I tried it before, she is just not listening to me anymore about Islam and other things. Anyways, she accepts Islam but on her own way.

@ Abdullahii: I don't want to kill Santa Claus. :D I just want Christmas to be for the christians, or no(?).

@ Esther462: Good for you.:):)

I wish my mom to take care about Islam things aswell, for example: less pork, less alcohol. =\

I also haven't spent Christmas time with my dad, and his family, I think it's time to it... I wonder what would my mother say... I'll ask her once again. =\

جوري
12-02-2009, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Brother in order to avoid christmas you have to kill santa claus

You are too funny..
santa clause is already dead..

they keep reviving him like Elvis with folks claiming various sightings but really he died a good ten yrs ago...

mammyluty
12-03-2009, 12:01 AM
am sorry that am not agreeing wth any of u bt am just wondering is it not kufur to celebrate chrismas.i mean u can mantain the respect between ur parents and family bt u cant indulge in what they do cos its against islam.in islam u r only allowed to respect ur parents n follow what they ask of u if its not something haram...so how is it halal for someone to do something that is haram to non-muslim parents n its not even halal to do them when asked by muslim parents?

mammyluty
12-03-2009, 12:13 AM
and how r they going to learn that chrismass is haram when u r encouraging them feel like nothing wrong wth it?n yeah there is a famous hadith that paridise lies under the feet of the mother.its not all mothers.prophet mohameds {peace be upon him} parents r in hell.for me theres no diffrence in celebrating chrismass and not eating pork or drinking alcohol!what matters the most?bieng part of the family or pleasing Allah first?

Asiyaah
12-03-2009, 12:27 AM
Asalaam Alaykum, I hope everything works out for you Brother Mohamed_. It's pretty difficult to avoid christmas in the west, it is embedded in our culture. Remember Allah is merciful and knows the intentions in our hearts. I spend christmas with my family and exchange gifts. To my family it is a secular holiday and is very important to my mom and I do whatever I can to honour and respect her. May Allah guide you.

Woodrow
12-03-2009, 12:44 AM
If your family is like many American families. They don't celebrate Christmas, they celebrate "Santa Claus Day" and call it Christmas. simply tell your family you are too old for Santa Claus and you would prefer to avoid the childish tomfoolery. Come up with a suggestion as to how you really want to spend the day ie: away from any chance of seeing family members doing what is sinful, drinking, eating haram foods, loud boisterous merry making etc. When all else has failed a calm honest adult discussion sometimes brings results.

mammyluty
12-03-2009, 01:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by UmmSqueakster
wa alaikum assalam,

Welcome to islam!

I don't know much about your situation, but I can guess perhaps your mother sees your acceptance of islam as a rejection of her. You need to make sure she knows that you still love and respect her, and as a muslim, that is in fact your duty to do, as mothers are increadibly important. Among the sahaba, there were many who were converts with non muslim parents, and they always treated them with a great deal of respect. Being a child of divorce is hard enough as it is. Throw in religion and it can be darn near impossible! Make sure she knows you're not choosing your father over her, and that you are still her son and that you want to do your best to make her happy.

My parents still don't understand that I don't celebrate christmas, and it's been 8 years! However, I do make sure that I chose a time close to the holiday to spend with them, and to exchange presents. Offer to spend new years with your mother and make it YOUR holiday together. It will be your special mother-son time from now on. You can cook a special meal together, exchange gifts and do other things you enjoy.
its true sister i dont understand y others r encouging him to celebrate chrismass wtn them when there is alot of ways to honor ur parents n care for them.am sure if u honor n show them u love them in alot of ways n refuse to celebrate chrismas they cant hate u or feel hurt cos they will alwys remember the moments u share apart from chrismaas.the brother can make her mother happy without celebrating chrissmass.anyways May Allah make it easy for him.

Ramadhan
12-03-2009, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mammyluty
and how r they going to learn that chrismass is haram when u r encouraging them feel like nothing wrong wth it?
uhhh sis, the brother's mother family are christians.

n yeah there is a famous hadith that paridise lies under the feet of the mother.its not all mothers.prophet mohameds {peace be upon him} parents r in hell.
Be careful of what you say, sis. How do you know prophet Mohammad SAW parents are in hell?
My understanding is that they died before message of Islam was given to the prophet SAW.
According to hadiths, the one who was threatened with jahannam is prophet's uncle Abu Thalib because he refused to say syahadat even though he believed in the prophet and his message.

for me theres no diffrence in celebrating chrismass and not eating pork or drinking alcohol!
I'm sure you meant this to be "theres no diffrence in celebrating chrismass and eating pork or drinking alcohol"

Mohamed_
12-03-2009, 05:30 AM
My parents are celebrating Jesus' Birthday, not Santa Claus. Espcially my grandfather, he's a strong christian.

Do I have to even love my mom if she forces me to what I don't want? Why is it bad if I just want to spend the Christmas time with my dad?

mammyluty
12-03-2009, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
uhhh sis, the brother's mother family are christians.

Be careful of what you say, sis. How do you know prophet Mohammad SAW parents are in hell?
My understanding is that they died before message of Islam was given to the prophet SAW.
According to hadiths, the one who was threatened with jahannam is prophet's uncle Abu Thalib because he refused to say syahadat even though he believed in the prophet and his message.

I'm sure you meant this to be "theres no diffrence in celebrating chrismass and eating pork or drinking alcohol"

It was narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that his parents are in Hell. Muslim (203) narrated that a man said: “O Messenger of Allaah, where is my father?’ He said: “In Hell.” When the man turned away, he called him back and said: “My father and your father are in Hell.”

With regard to his mother he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I asked my Lord for permission to pray for forgiveness for my mother, and He did not give me permission. I asked him for permission to visit her grave, and He gave me permission.” Narrated by Muslim, 976.

Allah knows best n if am wrong May Allah forgive me.

mammyluty
12-03-2009, 03:19 PM
We should understand that blood ties will not save anyone from the wrath of Allaah. Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Whoever dies in kufr will be in Hell and his blood ties will not benefit him at all. Sharh Saheeh Muslim, 3/79.

The ruling on the parents and grandfather of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is no exception to that. The father of Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) was a kaafir and remained so until he died, and Ibraaheem disavowed himself of him, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And Ibraaheem’s (Abraham) invoking (of Allaah) for his father’s forgiveness was only because of a promise he [Ibraaheem (Abraham)] had made to him (his father). But when it became clear to him that he (his father) is an enemy of Allaah, he dissociated himself from him”

[al-Tawbah 9:114]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) even stated this clearly, when the following verse was revealed (interpretation of the meaning):

“And warn your tribe (O Muhammad) of near kindred”

[al-Shu’ara’ 26:214]

He said: "O people of Quraysh (or said similar words)! Buy (i.e. save) yourselves (from the Hellfire) as I cannot save you from Allaah's punishment. O Bani Abd Manaaf, I cannot save you from Allaah's punishment. O ‘Abbaas ibn ‘Abd al-Muttalib, I cannot save you from Allaah's punishment. O Safiyyah, aunt of the Messenger of Allaah, I cannot save you from Allaah's punishment. O Faatimah daughter of Muhammad, Ask me for whatever you want of my wealth, but I cannot save you from Allaah's punishment.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2753; Muslim, 206.

No Muslim should let his feelings for the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his relatives make him issue judgements without clear proof and knowledge, lest that lead to loss in this world and in the Hereafter. And Allaah is the One Whose help we seek

nilufer
12-03-2009, 11:12 PM
My parents are celebrating Jesus' Birthday, not Santa Claus. Espcially my grandfather, he's a strong christian.

Do I have to even love my mom if she forces me to what I don't want? Why is it bad if I just want to spend the Christmas time with my dad?
you are a man and you can take the decision by your self and nobody can decide on your place so go spend the christmas with your father

Italianguy
12-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Salam Aleykum everyone,
I've a half muslim and a half non-mulsim family background. My parents are separated, so I live with my mother. She is not a muslim, my dad is.

I converted to Islam about 5 months ago, and before it I was christian, just like my mother now. And I celebrated Christmass of course.

But since I am a muslim, I'm not thinking of the christian celebrations, including Christmas. I would not like to celebrate it, becuase Christmas isn't exist in the Islams' celebrations, and I did never like it that so much.

I've already spoken to my mother about it, and told her I prefet to be with my dad at the Christmas time. She said 'no', and she also told me to choose some present. Then I told that to her again, I would not like to celebrate Christmas.

I also don't want to celebrate it because of the alcohol, everyone is drinking alcohol a lot, and eating pork at Christmas. I also told it to her. She was like not listening to me.

I'm feeling myself forced to the Christmas. I would not really like to get any present for Christmas, or watching drunk family members.imsad I really prefer to stay at my dad until the Christmas done.

Here in Europe, especially in Hungary, they don't celebrate the main thing of Christmas. Somehow they forgot about Jesus' birth (peace be upon him).

Is there any possible way to avoid Christmas?imsad
Don't avoid it. Thats the best way. Christmass is the celebration and or day dedicated to Jesus Christos. Your making yourself depressed trying to work so hard to figure out a way to avoid it. God knows whats in your heart so you don't have to run around saying you don't want to celebrate Christmas. Just accept the gift from your mother, if you don't want it just give it tio someone who needs it later. You don't have to drink either, even if you don't want to see it just be with family. Do not disrespect your mother by telling her you want to leave her for this day. No Muslim or Christian should ever make you feel as if you should leave your family for a holiday.I don't care what anyone says on this thread, she is your mother and you must honor your mother, so if anyone says just leave, ignore them. I'm sorry you were not taught the true meaning of Christmas, I live in the US and most only think it's for giving gifts and getting drunk. It's sad, but you should learn the true meaning.

God be with you!

Italianguy
12-03-2009, 11:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Don't avoid it. Thats the best way. Christmass is the celebration and or day dedicated to Jesus Christos. Your making yourself depressed trying to work so hard to figure out a way to avoid it. God knows whats in your heart so you don't have to run around saying you don't want to celebrate Christmas. Just accept the gift from your mother, if you don't want it just give it tio someone who needs it later. You don't have to drink either, even if you don't want to see it just be with family. Do not disrespect your mother by telling her you want to leave her for this day. No Muslim or Christian should ever make you feel as if you should leave your family for a holiday.I don't care what anyone says on this thread, she is your mother and you must honor your mother, so if anyone says just leave, ignore them. I'm sorry you were not taught the true meaning of Christmas, I live in the US and most only think it's for giving gifts and getting drunk. It's sad, but you should learn the true meaning.

God be with you!
Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Christ.And thats all, not for gift giving and drinking or any thing else.

Hamza Asadullah
12-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Christmas and Islam

By Umm Muhammad

Quite a number of Muslims today, especially those living in Christian dominated countries or those influenced to a large degree by western culture, have been led to consider that taking part in the Christmas celebrations of friends and relatives is, at very least, a harmless pastime if not a legitimate source of pleasure for children and adults alike. In many instances, pressure to conform with the practices of society is too great for those of weak resolve to withstand. Parents are often tempted to give in to the pleading of children who have been invited to a party or who are unable to understand why they alone are being prevented from joining the festivities they observe all around them or why they cannot receive gifts on this occasion like the other children.

Indeed, the Christmas season has been aggressively promoted in every aspect of business, in schools, in every public place. High pressure sales tactics have invaded the home through television, radio, magazine and newspaper, captivating the imagination with every kind of attraction day and night for a month or more every year. Little wonder that many of those thus targeted so persistently succumb to temptation. Among earlier generations, Christmas was an occasion which was still basically religious in orientation. Gifts, trees, decorations and feasting assumed lesser roles. But now all of this has changed. As noted in an American publication, Christmas has gone the way of many other aspects of society, becoming one more element in the mass culture which every season enables manufacturers and merchants to make millions of dollars through an elaborate system of gift exchange which comes more often from mutual expectations that "must" be fulfilled than from the heart. The commonly accepted notion that happiness is derived largely from possessions and entertainment is the driving force behind the month-long preparations and festivities which continue on through the end of the year. This fact, although blameworthy in itself, has led many Muslims into the delusion that Christmas is no longer a religious occasion and therefore does not conflict with Islamic belief.

The materialistic atmosphere surrounding the celebration of Christmas is, in reality, a manifestation of pagan culture (Jaahiliyyah) at its worst. It can only be seen by the conscious Muslim believer as a rat-race designed and implemented by Shaytaan to accomplish a great waste of time, effort, money and resources while countless families barely subsist in a state of poverty throughout many areas of the world. In addition to the commercial side of Christmas, although less obvious to the casual observer, are certain religious aspects to be noted. The celebration was and still is intended by practising Christians as a remembrance of the birth of Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) who is considered by many of them as God incarnate or the second person in a trinity, and thus they celebrate the birth of "divinity." The word itself is an abbreviated form of "Christ Mass," i.e., sacrament in commemoration of Christ. Although taken by Christians to be the birthday of Jesus, the actual date of celebration, December 25th, cannot be traced back any further than the fourth century after Christ. Ironically, this day is also considered to be the birthday of the Hindu god, Krishna, as well as Mithra, the Greek god of light. It also coincides with the annual Tree Festival which had long been celebrated in Northern Europe before the Christian era and which has been recently revived in some Arab countries in an attempt to encourage celebration by disguising the religious significance of the day.

The Christmas tree is the most obvious aspect of that pagan celebration which was incorporated along with its date of observance, December 25th, into church rites. The evergreen tree, because it keeps its green needles throughout the winter months, was believed by pre-Christian pagans to have special powers of protection against the forces of nature and evil spirits. The end of December marked the onset of a visible lengthening of daylight hours - the return of warmth and light and defeat of those evil forces of cold and darkness. At a particular stage of its development, the church is known to have adopted certain of the popular pagan practices into Christianity for political or social reasons.

Thus, in more aspects than one, the holiday is deeply rooted in the worship of different forms of creation rather than the Creator Himself. A Muslim cannot possibly approve of such beliefs or the practices which stem from them. Anyone with a minimal knowledge of Islam would surely reject kufr (disbelief) and shirk (association of partners with Allaah) in every form. Only through ignorance or unawareness could one continue to participate in activities that reflect the acceptance of both. Muslims must be firm in refusal of all which is contrary to the concept of "Laa ilaaha illallaaha (there is none deserving of subservience except Allaah alone)." Consideration for others is well and good on the condition that Islamic principles are not compromised. Allah (subhaanahu wa ta’aalaa) says:

{If you obey most of those upon the earth, they will lead you away from the way of Allaah} [An’aam 6:116]

And He commands:{Follow what has been revealed to you from your Lord and do not follow any patrons other than Him} [A’raaf 7:3]

Although some, in all honesty, admit their weakness in the face of continual social pressure, others defend their participation by the strange assertion that they observe the occasion through regard for Jesus ('Isa), a prophet of Islam. If such an observance, with its semblance of Islamic atmosphere, is invalid for Prophet Muhammad (saws), how then can it reasonably be valid for other prophets who neither observed nor encouraged such practices, which were later devised by those who abandoned prophetic teachings for their own inclinations and preferences?

{Have you seen him who take as his god his own desire, and Allah has left him astray through knowledge} [Jaathiyah 45:23]

Again, the Muslim is reminded of the hadiths in which the Prophet (saws) warned against imitating the non-believers and encouraged distinguishing oneself from them in dress and manner. Whether taken from the materialistic or the religious standpoint, Christmas can have no place in the Muslim's heart nor in his home. Any Muslim, young or old, who has a secure place in an Islamic community or group which has regular activities and affords companionship will find little difficulty in rejecting that which is harmful to himself and his family, in spite of the apparent attractions. In some societies, refusal and resistance may require actual jihad, but those who seek the acceptance of Allah and fear Him will undertake the task with knowledge that they are striving for salvation and will thus be firm and resolute. For Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aalaa) calls to believers, saying:

{O you who have believed, protect yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is men and stones} [Tahreem 66:6] And in the avoidance of Hellfire lies Paradise.

mammyluty
12-04-2009, 12:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy

God be with you!
He cnt ignore it because he is a muslim n he knws what is forbiden in islam.hs mother honor cn b cherished in alot of ways whch wl make her 4get chrismas.

Yusuf Saeed
12-05-2009, 06:30 AM

Jazakallah Khairun, Hamza, for that good post.

I've also been thinking about the Christmas celebrations(well.. actually about how to avoid it) a lot lately as it's going to be the first time for me as a muslim.

My family is not religious apart from my grandfather who is a following Christian. However, my dad for some reason likes to go along with all the celebrations as some tradition even though he's not really a Christian.

I'm intending to avoid everything related to the Christmas as much as I can but what's troubling me is that when my dad asks me to do something related to the celebrations. I've already told him that I don't want any presents but do I also have the right to disobey him when he for example tells me to turn on some Christmas lights or for example decorate the Christmas tree as it is all a part of a celebration originating from pagan traditions and slightly from Christianity?

All help would be appreciated.

Humbler_359
12-05-2009, 07:34 AM
:sl: Brother,

You are over 16 year old now, you can make your own decision. If you feel something is not correct in Christmas including alcohol, party, celebrating, Santa Claus idol, Christ birth, etc,........ You can choose to leave it.

Ofc, show her your love in Islam right way. :D

Hamza Asadullah
12-05-2009, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yusuf Saeed

Jazakallah Khairun, Hamza, for that good post.

I've also been thinking about the Christmas celebrations(well.. actually about how to avoid it) a lot lately as it's going to be the first time for me as a muslim.

My family is not religious apart from my grandfather who is a following Christian. However, my dad for some reason likes to go along with all the celebrations as some tradition even though he's not really a Christian.

I'm intending to avoid everything related to the Christmas as much as I can but what's troubling me is that when my dad asks me to do something related to the celebrations. I've already told him that I don't want any presents but do I also have the right to disobey him when he for example tells me to turn on some Christmas lights or for example decorate the Christmas tree as it is all a part of a celebration originating from pagan traditions and slightly from Christianity?

All help would be appreciated.

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb my brother jazakallah for sharing this with us. It is never easy for reverts to fully practise and implement Islam in their lives considering the fact that their families are usually still non believers. What you should do is to make them understand in a gentle manner why you cannot partake in such celebration. If you actually sit down with them and explain to them the origin of these celebrations then they may understand better. Also make them realise that this is contrary to Islam and so you cannot partake in these celebrations. This is better than just telling them straight up that you cannot partake in such celebrations because it is contrary to Islam. You should always try to explain the reasons why so they can understand better and then once you have explained yourself then they may have questions which you can answer to the best of your ability.

Also make dua to Allah that Allah gives your family understanding and remember if your family see an improvement in you in that you have become a better human being then they are more likely to change their views on Islam and who knows look into Islam for themselves. The best dawah (Inviting to Islam) is ones character and behaviour and how one comes across to others.

Show them how Islam has changed yourlife for the better so that they may see the light of Islam and pray to Allah to guide them but remember we are just informers and ONLY Allah can guide so always have this in mind and know that we cannot guide anyone to the truth.

Mohamed_
12-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Sorry for the late reply from me, but I've been to my dad on the weekend, so I have not been too active. But I'm here now...

Well,
I can't make a real decision from your posts, because noone of you could really answer my question. BUT IT'S NOT A PROBLEM! :) :) :) Because, you could tell me things I didn't know before, and now I know. :) Well, we'll see if I'll be celebrating Christmas... Anyways, I still don't want it. We will see. :hmm:
But at least, thank you for read my posts and posted replies.

Hamza Asadullah
12-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Sorry for the late reply from me, but I've been to my dad on the weekend, so I have not been too active. But I'm here now...

Well,
I can't make a real decision from your posts, because noone of you could really answer my question. BUT IT'S NOT A PROBLEM! :) :) :) Because, you could tell me things I didn't know before, and now I know. :) Well, we'll see if I'll be celebrating Christmas... Anyways, I still don't want it. We will see. :hmm:
But at least, thank you for read my posts and posted replies.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, no problem my brother we are here for you and if you ever have any other issues or problems then don't ever hesitate to ask or share it with us. Remember us in your dua's inshallah. Wa Salaam

Mohamed_
12-06-2009, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, no problem my brother we are here for you and if you ever have any other issues or problems then don't ever hesitate to ask or share it with us. Remember us in your dua's inshallah. Wa Salaam
Thanks. :)

I'll always remember! ^^>

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.