Khaldun
12-02-2009, 08:55 AM
:sl:

My personal experiance at Hajj 2009

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
boy4ksa
12-28-2009, 03:28 PM
I did not understand what you say, Oh man

As possible in order to clarify answer your question?

Supreme
01-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Can I ask, are there any other mosques in Mecca other than the Grand Mosque? I mean, there probably are, but are these mosques considered as holy? If you lived in Mecca, you wouldn't really need them, what, having a mosque that can accomodate 4 million on your doorstep!

Khaldun
01-12-2010, 12:25 AM

There are a few hundred masjids in Makkah. And there is a difference of opinion regarding wether you get the same reward praying in the sacred masjid or within the sacred area of Makkah. The most correct opinion however is that you get the same reward. And during Hajj period almost every single masjid gets jammed packed, so it is useful to have these many masjids.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
01-18-2010, 01:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

There are a few hundred masjids in Makkah. And there is a difference of opinion regarding wether you get the same reward praying in the sacred masjid or within the sacred area of Makkah. The most correct opinion however is that you get the same reward. And during Hajj period almost every single masjid gets jammed packed, so it is useful to have these many masjids.
Must be wonderful to see millions of people.

Are there paved roads in Makkah? I saw these new construction plans. I saw one where they were attempting to re-build the entire city of Makkah, and another small-scale project of building umbrellas. Hajj/Umrah seem to be getting easier and easier by the year. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Supreme
01-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Is Mecca a rich city? Obviously the Grand Mosque is expensive and beautiful and the like, but are the houses big or small poor old looking Arab houses?

Khaldun
01-19-2010, 09:23 AM

In terms of roads then Makkah is like any other city. And in terms of richness then Makkah is half half. The masjid is supported by the saudi government so naturally it is very rich. And then you have the big hotel companies with their buildings etc. But the Majority of the city is not very rich it is abit like your normal saudi city.

Supreme
01-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Khaldun, which city do you prefer: Mecca or Medina? Obviously I know which one is holier, but you've had experiences of both, so which would you rather spend the rest of your life in?

Ramadhan
01-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Based on my experience, Makkah is more chaotic while Madinah is orderly.
Both cities have their own charms, but I think I prefer Makkah, and i guess it's because it's got masjidil haraam/ka'bah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.