/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Regarding reading the quran

touba
12-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Assalamou Alaikoum Warahmatou ALLAH tAALA WABARAKATOU.

brothers and sisters i hope you all are happy and healthy Inshallah and i hope you had a nice good happy eid

I have a question regarding reading the quran without updest wudu is that ok or we should take updest everytime we want to read the quran ?

JAzakoum Allah kher

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
12-03-2009, 11:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by touba

brothers and sisters i hope you all are happy and healthy Inshallah and i hope you had a nice good happy eid

I have a question regarding reading the quran without updest wudu is that ok or we should take updest everytime we want to read the quran ?

JAzakoum Allah kher
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, sister what is updest?

Asim Khan
12-04-2009, 07:44 PM
As-Salam-o-aliekum!

Yeah I was thinking of asking that.

Sister, what I do myself is that when my taqwa is high I do wudu, and I really find the sunna dua (after the three shadas) for being one of those who repent and one of those who purify themselves useful. However, when I am feeling sad at the state of the ummah, people I've known, and am actually in danger of spreading the sadness to my family, I simply go ahead without wudu seeking strength, solutions, and basharat.

ardianto
12-05-2009, 05:53 AM

JAzakoum Allah kher
Wa Alaikumsalam Warahmatullah wa barakatuh.

"Which none toucheth save the purified"
(Suraah Al-Waqiah. Ayaah 79)

My English is not good, but I hope you understand what I mean with recite and say.

Sister, if you want to recite ayaah directly from Qur'an book, you must take wudhu, because we are obligated to purify ourselves if we want to open Qur'an.
However, if you want to say Qur'an ayaah only from your memory, you don't need to take wudhu.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
12-05-2009, 05:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, sister what is updest?
I think that is wudhu. In my region, Sundanese people have their own word for wudhu, "Abdas". If this word is written according to English pronunciation, it becomes "Ubdast".

And actually there is another meaning of "Abdas", that is "free from Hadats".

Hamza Asadullah
12-05-2009, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I think that is wudhu. In my region, Sundanese people have their own word for wudhu, "Abdas". If this word is written according to English pronunciation, it becomes "Ubdast".

And actually there is another meaning of "Abdas", that is "free from Hadats".
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Jazakallah khayran for the clarification my brother.

Hamza Asadullah
12-05-2009, 07:21 PM

JAzakoum Allah kher
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb,

The Noble Quran is the speech of Allah Ta’ala and is from amongst the salient signs and symbols of Allah Ta’ala. Allah Ta’ala says:

{ ذلك ومن يعظم شعائر الله فإنها من تقوى القلوب (32الحج) }

If one observes the sanctity of the symbols of Allah,

then such things emanate from the piety of the hearts. [22:32]

The Quran should be respected, honoured and revered. Hereunder are some etiquettes of the Quran:

1. Keep the Quran need and tidy.

2. Cover it with fabric cloth.

3. Keep the Quran on a high and clean place.

4. Do not put anything on top of the Quran even if it may be another Islamic book.

5. Do not stretch ones legs towards the Quran.

Allah Ta’ala says in the Noble Quran:

لا يمسه إلا المطهرون (الواقعة 79)

The Quran is not touched except by the purified ones (the angels). 56:79

موطأ مالك - 473 -

حدثنى يحيى عن مالك عن عبد الله بن أبى بكر بن حزم. أن فى الكتاب الذى كتبه رسول الله -صلى الله عليه وسلم- لعمرو بن حزم أن لا يمس القرآن إلا طاهر

Nabi صلى الله عليه و سلم wrote in a letter to Amr ibn Hazm “None should touch the Quran except he who is pure.”

The ruling regarding a Mushaf (textual copy of the entire Quran) is one has to have wuzu in order to touch any part of the Mushaf. If any verse of the Noble Quran is written in anything besides the Mushaf, on a slate for example, then one will only be prohibited from touching that part of the slate on which the verse is inscribed if he does not have wuzu.(Hashia ibn Abideen 1/173)

A digital Quran could not be classified as a Mushaf, as it is a mere electronic storage of the Noble Quran been projected on the screen. Once the verses of the Quran appear on the screen of the digital Quran, it will not be permissible to touch the screen without wuzu. Touching other parts of the device will be permissible. The same ruling would apply for computers and other electronic devices. However, in view our responsibility to show respect to the Quran, to have wuzu when touching the digital Quran is an expression of respect for the Quran.

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

So therefore it is permissable for you to read Qur'an as long as you do not touch the book your reading from. However It is far better for you to make the effort to do wudhu as we should all try our best to remain in the state of wudhu all the time and this would also show more respect for the sacred words of Allah.

amirebi
12-12-2009, 01:18 PM
I think having wodu, will shows our respect to our holy Qoran, ofcourse the respect must be from our hearts but that wodu would be a good symbol of our regardness to Qoran. :)

Asim Khan
12-13-2009, 06:20 AM
As-salam-o-aliekum wa-rahmatullah,

I think things might be different when we would need to read the Quran. Of course it's not too easy to think of a situation where an (impoverished) Muslim community would have to confront a propagandist (defamer of the Quran), and the community only has full (non-digitized) copies of the Quran translated and indexed in an international language.

We are obliged to let a small loss take place to prevent a big loss. William Campbell was clearly showing the people that the Quran was a product of plagiarism. Alhumdulillah, now murtads (who took courses on the Quran by non-Muslims) can't go around saying "oh it's just poetry" astaghfirullah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!