/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree with this statement?

shockOFthunder
12-02-2009, 09:44 PM
A muslim guy at work said this to me today:

"A lot of extremism exists today, Islamic extremism is simply exploited more in the media to coax the public into supporting the wars the U.S. is in."

I agree with him completely. From what I've seen, westerners do tend to ignore all the other forms of extremism and radical ideologies while only considering "Islamic terrorism" or, unfortunately, Islam itself, to be the only danger to their society.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
12-02-2009, 10:02 PM
:sl:

Yup i agree :)

Donia
12-02-2009, 10:20 PM
I pretty much agree.

emir88
12-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Well, that's obvious... it is nothing strange to me

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
titus
12-03-2009, 06:57 AM
What other form of extremism is near the threat? Can you name another extremist group that can claim incidents such as 9/11, Madrid, Fort Hood, etc.? (not to mention the failed attempts at terrorism in the West).

What other extremist ideology has perpetrated such attacks in the West? What other extremist ideology regularly attempts to kill scores of Westerners at a time?

Nobody is saying that such extremists are the only threat, but I certainly cannot think of one that is bigger at the moment.

What other options does the media have, other than to report it? They can take one of two paths. They could either ignore it or deny it. Either one is absurd.

emir88
12-03-2009, 04:43 PM
The so called islamic terrorist haven't done anything bad in the western countries... the 9/11 is not the work of muslim extremist, but of American secret organizations... and the most important thing why muslims are generalised and called tterrorist is because of the media... media has great effect on the western society.

Supreme
12-03-2009, 08:16 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that many, no, most of the people who would hatch terrorist plots in the West profess to be Muslims. However, to suggest that they exclusively are terrorists is wrong. Here in the UK, the IRA has come under much scrutiny, and many of the recent attempts by Islamist extremists pale in comparison to the atrocities committed by the IRA. I think the media does concentrate on other forms of terrorism as well, there's a story on the IRA on the news around every week now. However, I do not believe these groups get as much coverage.

P3ac3mak3r
12-04-2009, 12:08 AM
i agree with you!

titus
12-04-2009, 06:15 AM
The so called islamic terrorist haven't done anything bad in the western countries... the 9/11 is not the work of muslim extremist, but of American secret organizations..
Uh huh.

Ok, let's all be ostriches and put our heads in the sand about 9/11. Once we do, do you still say that Ft Hood, Madrid, London, etc. were not done by Muslims in the name of Islam?

جوري
12-04-2009, 06:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by titus
Uh huh.

Ok, let's all be ostriches and put our heads in the sand about 9/11. Once we do, do you still say that Ft Hood, Madrid, London, etc. were not done by Muslims in the name of Islam?
You need at least borderline feeble IQ to sort through it-- you know entry level knowledge of science/engineering and physics-- upon your request of course we'd gladly bury our heads right along with you, but then, you'd have nothing to write about by way of rhetoric!

all the best

titus
12-04-2009, 07:39 AM
You need at least borderline feeble IQ to sort through it-- you know entry level knowledge of science/engineering and physics--
I have read them. They are a joke.

You believe them because you want to believe them and you reject the opinion of the majority of engineers and scientist when you do so.

جوري
12-04-2009, 07:57 AM
I have read them. They are a joke.

You believe them because you want to believe them and you reject the opinion of the majority of engineers and scientist when you do so.
You are not qualified to pass statement of fact or fiction or speak on behalf of 'majority opinion'
To begin with there is no opinion involved here, there is what happened and what was alleged to have happened.

I guess the joke is on you!

all the best

Argamemnon
12-04-2009, 10:04 AM
What other form of extremism is near the threat? Can you name another extremist group that can claim incidents such as 9/11, Madrid, Fort Hood, etc.? (not to mention the failed attempts at terrorism in the West).

What other extremist ideology has perpetrated such attacks in the West? What other extremist ideology regularly attempts to kill scores of Westerners at a time?

Nobody is saying that such extremists are the only threat, but I certainly cannot think of one that is bigger at the moment.

What other options does the media have, other than to report it? They can take one of two paths. They could either ignore it or deny it. Either one is absurd.
Those are a result of western and Zionist state terrorism, which is far worse and is killing hundreds of thousands of Muslims around the world. Those terrorist attacks carried out by some individual Muslims are absolutely nothing compared to massive western and Zionist atrocities and crimes against humanity.

Western rogue states and the Zionist entity kill far more more Muslims than Muslims kill westerners and Zionists. This is undeniable. But of course state terrorism makes you look good, since you don't have to carry out individual attacks like Muslims, who have no other choice because Muslim nations are too weak to defend themselves.

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...gue-state.html

Argamemnon
12-04-2009, 10:10 AM
The crimes of 1,5 billion Muslims against the West could never match the US crimes against in Iraq alone:

http://deoxy.org/wc/warcrim2.htm

Every action has a reaction; you have to look at the root cause of things, which is western hegemony, brutal oppression and crimes against humanity.

cihad
12-04-2009, 02:39 PM
everyone just admit it there is a lot of terrorism , and it is done by people who profess to be muslims, there is no disputing this fact. what we need to queston is why they do it,

MSalman
12-04-2009, 03:00 PM

please spare us from your idiotic and moronic rant - it may work on a hater forum or among those who are too blind to see the truth; however, it is not gonna work here

Is there any greater extremist threat than west itself? So you compare death of few hundred of people with invasion of Zionists and western countries in Muslim lands. Should I bring the number of deaths caused by your 'wonderful' west? West wants to eradicate Islam itself by occupying Muslim lands and introducing their corrupt doctrine and system and giving power to their puppets to rule by your corrupt view of jurisdictions and morality. You people fear that if Shari'ah is implemented in its entirety in Muslim lands then your regime and bankruptcy and oppression on people will end. You people are directly responsible for deaths of innocent people all over the world because you are involved in it, one way or the other. Yes, some Muslims are wrong for targeting non-combatants (civilians); however, they do so because of your foreign policies. So instead of discussing and solving the main problem, all you can do is rant about "extremist Muslims" and let's go "find Muslim terrorists in caves in the name of peace and democracy and if we destroy a whole country and kill millions of innocent people that is just collateral damage".

The fact is that people like yourself want to act as blind and pretend as if nothing is happening and you're all innocent. What truth the media presenting you are talking about? How many times have the media actually explained the true reasons for so called terrorist attacks other than same nonsense: "they want to wage jihad on us because we are kafirs"?

Argamemnon
12-04-2009, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
everyone just admit it there is a lot of terrorism , and it is done by people who profess to be muslims, there is no disputing this fact. what we need to queston is why they do it,
Western STATE TERRORISM and oppression is the root cause. The West is a huge threat to Muslims, not the other way around.

titus
12-05-2009, 02:53 AM
You are not qualified to pass statement of fact or fiction or speak on behalf of 'majority opinion'
]

And what exactly are your qualifications?

جوري
12-05-2009, 03:35 AM
]

And what exactly are your qualifications?
the gift of vision

and a rational mind!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.