/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Music in Islam isn't thought in my country

Samiun
12-03-2009, 07:45 AM
:sl:

Brothers and sisters, I have been aware that Music is 'Haram' in Islam since I came to this website.But like most of us, it is hard to ignore it and leave it just like that.It takes time and iman to leave it.

But a question remains in my mind that has not been answered. What if I say that my country hasn't been teaching about Music in Islam??? There are Hafiz in my country but I don't think that they have thought us about it.Therefore, almost everyone in my country thinks Music is completely halal and only the ones that has hard rock(black metal etc2) and satanic musics are the only ones that are Haram?

I can't believe that my country never thought us anything about Music in Islam.Whether it is Halal or Haram? Or Which Music is Halal or Haram?

I'm confused now:hiding:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khaldun
12-03-2009, 07:55 AM

The sad truth is that the majority of muslims around the world think that music is halaal when it is not. I know for an example amongst somali culture people seem to think that music from the west is haram yet somali music is perfectly halaal!

But you should not pay attention to these things what you should give weight to is what the Prophet and his companions said concerning music. Even if it means that the whole world goes against you, make sure you do not go against what Allah or the Prophet said.

- IqRa -
12-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Which country is that?

ardianto
12-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Same as my country, in the country where brother Nabiel is living, there are many Islamic song that use musical instruments.

format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Which country is that?
Malaysia.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samiun
12-05-2009, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Same as my country, in the country where brother Nabiel is living, there are many Islamic song that use musical instruments.

Malaysia.
yeah :(. Indonesia has a lot of talented singers but it's too bad it's 'haram'.

I got a feeling that half of our country are sinful due to them listening to music :(

mahi
12-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Does this mean that people like Zain Bhikha, Dawud Wharnsby, Yusuf Islam are doing Haram?

Samiun
12-06-2009, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahi
Does this mean that people like Zain Bhikha, Dawud Wharnsby, Yusuf Islam are doing Haram?
Good question, I think they're haram too :(

But they're spreading Islam all over the world. Ughhh so much questions..:hiding:

ardianto
12-06-2009, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
Good question, I think they're haram too :(

But they're spreading Islam all over the world. Ughhh so much questions..:hiding:
There are two opinions about music in Islam.

#1. Music is haram.

#2. Music is not haram but not every song is halal.

Majority of Ulama in Malaysia and Indonesia follow opinion #2. That's why music in Islam is not thought in our countries.

Uthman
12-06-2009, 06:21 PM
:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by mahi
I don't think Zain Bhikha uses musical instruments.

Yusuf Saeed
12-06-2009, 06:57 PM

As much as I've understood what Yusuf Islam and for example Sami Yusuf are doing is haram because even though their purpose is obviously good their way to it is wrong.
If we want to do something good whether to our family or to islam then we mustn't do it in a haram way, otherwise the whole thing would be haram regardless of the purpose.

There was a time in my life when I thought the music of Yusuf Islam and Sami Yusuf to be good and didn't understand the people who said it was haram.
Personally, listening to music was quite important to me but giving it and playing the guitar up now seems like not having been that hard a thing to do, alhamdulillah. It is though practically impossible to avoid hearing some music now and then in the environment I live in.

Ramadhan
12-07-2009, 07:03 AM
I used to listen to music all the time. I did not even know it was makrooh, let alone haraam. I have around 10,000 songs in my Ipod.
Alhamdulliah I was able to give up music altogether and my ipod is now pretty much useless.
Interestingly, it was not that difficult to give up/listen to music, but not to hear it is another matter.
It is just not possible for anyone not to hear music these days, as they are everywhere. On tv, in the elevators, in the malls, etc.

Maryan0
12-07-2009, 07:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
I used to listen to music all the time. I did not even know it was makrooh, let alone haraam. I have around 10,000 songs in my Ipod.
Alhamdulliah I was able to give up music altogether and my ipod is now pretty much useless.
How did you do it ( give up completely)?
I'll admit that I myself occasionally listen to music cultural and western alike. I've heard some people say they replace it with nasheeds but idk. It's kind of hard to escape it when I hear it everywhere even in my own house. I guess it's all about commitment.
Salam

Rabi'ya
12-07-2009, 09:55 AM

remind yourself of why music is bad. Forexample, the lyrics and the fact it draws you away frmo rememberance of Allah and the fact is has been said that it is not allowed.

if you continually remind yourself as to why somehting is bad then yo uwill end up hating it and whenever you hear it you will not want to listen to it. Sometimes my husband asks me if I want to go out for a meal, to pizza hut or a restaurant, I often say no, because I can;t stand to lsten to the music.

How can you do dhikr if there is music in the background talking about haram stuff?

As for nasheeds, I feel they have their purpose, provided they dont use music. There are some with music including Sami yusuf, but I don't think Zain Bhika uses music. My daughter loves it playing in the car.

Maryan0
12-07-2009, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

remind yourself of why music is bad. Forexample, the lyrics and the fact it draws you away frmo rememberance of Allah and the fact is has been said that it is not allowed.

if you continually remind yourself as to why somehting is bad then yo uwill end up hating it and whenever you hear it you will not want to listen to it. Sometimes my husband asks me if I want to go out for a meal, to pizza hut or a restaurant, I often say no, because I can;t stand to lsten to the music.

How can you do dhikr if there is music in the background talking about haram stuff?

As for nasheeds, I feel they have their purpose, provided they dont use music. There are some with music including Sami yusuf, but I don't think Zain Bhika uses music. My daughter loves it playing in the car.
JazakhAllah sis. It does all come down to committing and reminding yourself to stop something you know is a waste of time and not halal too.
salam

Samiun
12-09-2009, 03:10 AM

Brothers and Sisters, what if I were to make a video containing music. Does that make me sinful? Since the viewers are listening to music when they're watching my video and the fact that I used music in a video...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.