/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Non Muslim

alexander
12-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Hello

I met a girl a while ago, we became friends, I got to know her better, and I got to see how beautiful she is from every point of view(physical and non physical). Now we're together, I'm completely in love with her. The problem:
she's muslim, i'm not. I was born in a Christian family (I'm sorry it's not my fault, this is something I didn't get to choose).
I really stressed by this, because I love her a lot, I'd do anything to make her happy( please, please don't tell me to leave her alone, I can't, she's more important to me than anything else I want to do anything I can to make her life as beautiful as possible).
What can I do to be with her? Could anyone please help me?

Thank you a lot!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
UmmSqueakster
12-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Hi,

As a general rule, muslim women (should) marry only muslim men. So either you convert (sincerely because you believe in the faith) and prove to her family that you are a good and decent muslim, or you do have to leave her alone.

Unless they're one of those very rare families who don't care about who their daughter marries, but that's highly unlikely.

Sorry if that's not what you want to hear, but that's the truth.

Mark87
12-05-2009, 12:38 AM
You could take an interest in Islam and understand that Allah has provided a way of security and stability of love by setting up a platform of values, morals and virtues which allows you both to maintain a loving, content and happy relationship within marriage by his religion sent down for humanity. So marriage is ordained, which brings balance and direction, without such a marriage, desires will only be open to exploit

Surely it is more wise for the human beings to have a far greater love for their creator than for each other?

Innocent Soul
12-05-2009, 11:15 AM
You have to learn about islam and then accept islam (not forcibily) or just leave her.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
12-05-2009, 03:30 PM
i would advise you to tae a break from her and take a look at islam. in that time do not contact her at all so that you know your investigating islam is not anything to do with her or because of your heart. either accept islam or not-based on nothing to do with her.

after that then the two of you may look into marraige. but whatever you, if you are going to convert to do not it for her.

May Allah guide you and open your heart to the light of Islam :)

Muslimlearner
12-05-2009, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alexander
Hello

I was born in a Christian family (I'm sorry it's not my fault, this is something I didn't get to choose).
I really stressed by this, because I love her a lot, I'd do anything to make her happy( please, please don't tell me to leave her alone, I can't, she's more important to me than anything else I want to do anything I can to make her life as beautiful as possible).

Thank you a lot!
may be is a sign for you
I was Christian and I choose Islam for my way of life.
the sign i had was a handsome muslim :statisfie

Hamza Asadullah
12-05-2009, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alexander
Hello

I met a girl a while ago, we became friends, I got to know her better, and I got to see how beautiful she is from every point of view(physical and non physical). Now we're together, I'm completely in love with her. The problem:
she's muslim, i'm not. I was born in a Christian family (I'm sorry it's not my fault, this is something I didn't get to choose).

Thank you a lot!
Hello and welcome to the forum. I thank you for being open with your question as i can appreciate its not easy to come out with this sensative issue.

As you may already be aware a marrriage between a Muslim women and non Muslim man is not accepted in islam and is therefore forbidden and void. If her parents are decent Muslims then they will never accept such a marriage.

This may well be a sign for you because Allah shows his signs to people in many different ways. I also have a friend who also found Islam by meeting a Muslim girl but they want about things in the right way as he looked into Islam for himself and found that it made complete sense to him and he is now a very practising Muslim.

I would suggest that you and her take a break from each othert for a while until you take the time to seriously look into Islam for yourself deeply and properly as this may be a sign for you from Allah and Allah does not guide all for he only guides whom he wants and he is wanting to guide you but you have to open your heart and look into Islam deeply and properly for yourself and without any doubt you will find it to make complete sense and the only truth.

Here are some weblinks for you to look at to start your search for the truth. Please let us know if you have any questions at all:

Very useful threads for those looking into Islam

http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...nto-islam.html

How to become a Muslim

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47049

Proof of Islam

http://hubpages.com/hub/proofofislam

Esther462
12-05-2009, 05:15 PM
I was Christain and coverted to Islam.
I would tell your girlfriend that you should take things easy for while, whist you read into Islam more and hopefully convert, then ask her to marry her if you truely love her.

Sampharo
12-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Your statement " (I'm sorry it's not my fault, this is something I didn't get to choose)" seems like you're forced to be christian or something. You're not. Your family won't help you in the grave and in Hell-fire when you're asked why did you please a creature rather than obey the creator.

Abu Talha Yazeed Ibn Sahl, one of the close companions of the prophet Mohammad -pbuh- embraced Islam for the love of his life, Al-Rumaysaa. She simply said it is her dowry that he pronounces God is one, Mohammad is his prophet and to destroy the idol he worshipped. He did and embraced Islam right there and then, learning everything afterwards.

There is nothing wrong with doing that right away even if it's primarily motivated by your love to the woman, you don't seem completely entrenched in the misguidance of christian churches thankfully. If you want to be with her, do the same. Just go to any masjid and ask the Imam there to teach you to pronounce the declaration and he will give it to you along with teaching you the basics of Islam. Afterwards just marry her, it doesn't take much more than that.

IAmZamzam
12-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Alexander, how about you let me give you some dawah? Maybe if God grants it I can convince you to believe in Islam. That way, everyone wins. What do you say?

alexander
01-09-2010, 02:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
Alexander, how about you let me give you some dawah? Maybe if God grants it I can convince you to believe in Islam. That way, everyone wins. What do you say?
I'm looking forward to that

CosmicPathos
01-09-2010, 07:00 AM
Yes look into Islam. But with regards to the girl, once you become a Muslim (if Allah Wills) because you find it to be the Truth then would you still marry this Muslim girl who made friendship with you despite disobeying her Lord's command to not intermingle with opposite gender?

zakirs
01-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Bro its for her sake that you should leave her :(. If at all in future you really think you are a muslim ( believe in one god , and his messenger) then may be you can propose marriage thru her father.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.