/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help Khaldun

Khaldun
12-03-2009, 12:25 PM
:sl:

Yes thats right, here is your chance to help brother Khaldun! lol but jokes aside I needed to ask for some help.

As many of you perhaps know I am working on a website [not my blog] and I realised I needed proffesional web design etc do any of your guys have any clue of any proffesional company that does web design for you very good?

Also what makes you people come back to a website over and over again? There are many Islamic websites out there but what would you like to see? In other words how can I make the website as beneficial as possible for people?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
12-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Wa alaikum asalaam

If you're using joomla why don't you search through free online templates. There are thousands of them available online.

http://www.joomla24.com/

Khaldun
12-03-2009, 01:44 PM

We tried templates but decided we'd rather do it from scratch. JazzakAllah khair though

Rabi'ya
12-03-2009, 02:10 PM

my husband has said he would love to help you but he's in the middle of one creating a website at the moment. Unless you can wait a few weeks ??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
12-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Are you interested in WordPress? I've bought template licenses from all over the place for WordPress and definitely can hook you up to some good ones.

Salihah
12-03-2009, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

We tried templates but decided we'd rather do it from scratch. JazzakAllah khair though
Salam. :statisfie
This is a good decision. Joomla! is a great free tool to build up cms webpages but it has many security lacks and in the end it takes more afford to secure your page than to build up one by yourself.

Keep the design and layout simple with one or two little "specials" like mouse-over or a small animation, letters that become surrounded with a glow and so on. It really depends on the topic.
Maybe you can post a screenshot of your layout?

جوري
12-04-2009, 04:31 AM
I found this today while looking for widgets for my blog

http://www.artisteer.com/?p=overview

don't know if it is of help?
plus I found this too

http://www.al-habib.info/

:wa:

Donia
12-04-2009, 04:41 AM
Wa alaikum asalaam.
As far as what is interesting on websites..
I used to visit one website that had daily inspirational quotes or ayahs from the Quran. Nice little reminders.

Khaldun
12-04-2009, 10:29 AM

Sister Rab'iya may Allah reward you for the offer, is it possible for me to see any of the past websites your husband has done? Like a portfolio perhaps?

Brother Rashad, I was thinking more of a full blown website, and perhaps a small part of it dedicated as blog?

Sister Saliha I agree with you and thats why Id prefer a website made from scratch I know these tend to be expensive but whatever is done for the sake of Allah is always fruitful.

And I am sorry at the moment I dont have a screen shot.

Sister Gossamer Skye you keep saying your internet illeterate yet you come with website that are very useful and judging by your blog I'd say you quite good at lay out may Allah reward you.

Sister Donia jazzakAllah khair that type of advice means alot to me, if you have anything else youd like to add please dont hold back.

Feel free to add your ideas brothers and sisters.

MSalman
12-04-2009, 03:14 PM

akhee Khaldun, may Allah preserve you, I maybe able to help you (if i can manage some time for you). If you are looking for full blown website then best solution is to go with a CMS. I designed and implemented a custom CMS for my own website, have a look at here (switch between styles/themes to get better feel of website :) ). It is simple and covers our need; however, new features etc. can easily be implemented. I am currently busy with few other (Islamic website) projects and I will be making some changes to script during December vacation to incorporate features required for those projects.

So if you are interested then let me know and we can discuss your requirements and if it is feasible for me.

barak Allahu feeka

Far7an
12-11-2009, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salihah
Salam. :statisfie
This is a good decision. Joomla! is a great free tool to build up cms webpages but it has many security lacks and in the end it takes more afford to secure your page than to build up one by yourself.

Keep the design and layout simple with one or two little "specials" like mouse-over or a small animation, letters that become surrounded with a glow and so on. It really depends on the topic.
Maybe you can post a screenshot of your layout?
It has the same security lacks as any other website. If you set the correct permissions and back up regularly. You won't have a problem.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.