/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is our signifance in front of almighty?

Insecured soul
12-04-2009, 04:20 AM
salaam alaikum all

I saw a picture "pale blue dot" its a name of a photograph taken by a space satellite voyager 1 (google it and check in wikipedia), it was lauched in 1977 and it is constantly moving away from earth at a speed 6 times X speed of a bullet

in 1990 it was around 6 billion km away from earth and took picture and thats what it is

our world is just a tiny spec and then in it humans are to small but yet we dominate this planet, and the question which comes into my mind what is my significance in front of allah?

I have iman in him and his messengers in angels and in the hereafter but you see i just cant comprehend we are so small yet we are special?

i dont know what kind of answers im looking for here in this thread

i guess i just need some to tell me the great benefits of iman :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
12-04-2009, 06:55 AM
The Divine response to a creature putting a distance between the creaturely self and the Divine Self is that Allah makes the creature become oblivious of his/her own genuine selfhood. The fact that Allah makes the human being become oblivious of the human self when the human being becomes oblivious of the Divine Self, evidences that there is an intimate relation between the human self and the Divine Self. The character of this relation can be gleaned by looking at a hadith qudsi that speaks of Allah's relationship with a particular type of human being. The Prophet (as) said that Allah said:
The heavens and the earth are not expansive enough to contain Me, but the heart of my loving slave contains Me.
And in another hadith qudsi:
I am as my loving slave thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of Him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than it. And if he draws near to Me a hand's span, I draw near to him an arm's length; and if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to me walking, I go to him running.
The fact that the heart of the loving slave is the abode of Allah, and that Allah is as His loving slave imagines Him to be, illustrate the intimacy of Divine Life and the created world.

http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/journa...03-02-r12.html

I don't know if that is the answer you were looking for, but I think those two hadith qudsi are very significant of our worth and makes us directly in charge of that relationship..

and Allah swt knows best

:wa:

tango92
12-04-2009, 07:20 PM
zakir naik once said in the quran it says there are creatures throughout space, i think that was just his interpretation though

the size is not important, can Allah create anything as big as himself? the only criteria of judgment is righteousness.
i think us humans are only important because out of free will we worship Allah, so stay steadfast in your salah.

Quran 40:57
Assuredly the creation of the heavens and the earth is greater than the creation of mankind; but most of mankind know not.

brother at least you are not of the ignorant.

Uthman
12-04-2009, 07:31 PM
:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by Adib Shaikh
i guess i just need some to tell me the great benefits of iman :)
Check out these videos:

Media Tags are no longer supported

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mark87
12-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Human beings are special and significant because they are simply created, in specific ways and for specific purpose, as are other creatures/beings. The universe can be seen as a sign, not only for the existence of the creator but also the magnitude of power and ability, this being an attribute displayed. Truly this is from the most high. Humans create sophisticated forms of technology to observe the universe and see what takes place, surely then they will understand?

Quran
Al-anbiya
(29) Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were of one piece, then We parted them, and we made every living thing of water? Will they not then believe?

(32) And He it is Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. They float, each in an orbit.

What is significant to Allah is your worship with the maintenance of your innate nature (fitra) whilst passing through the world via the struggle to do good. To use all of your abilities to know and understand what is right and what is wrong by Allah, and to live accordingly. The truth is with Allah, surely we will believe, and be kind, caring, supporting and to provide for each other. To build and to stand up for what is right and turn away from what is wrong, and the truth stands out clear from error. If followed correctly, you'll see the significance of human beings, most importantly Allah.

Insecured soul
12-05-2009, 03:36 AM
thanks a lot my brothers and sisters for your replies, i do understand better now

abu salaahudeen
12-14-2009, 07:24 PM
He is our creator and we are his creation

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.