/* */

PDA

View Full Version : play ur cards right

dovelove
12-04-2009, 08:23 PM
salam alaykum brothers and sisters in faith,

i hav a question about games of chance, am wondering if it is allowed to play cards like spider solitaire, snap, solitaire, and freecell, if not played for money, I thought am not allowed but now am very confused and wonder if lots of things I thought are not allowed are allowed, can u show me the hadith that the answer is derived from and explain it cos me got a fuzzy head :embarrass

while im on the subject of confusion can someone explain to me about the images with eyes and why im not allowed them, if im not allowed them, like stuffed toys, images on socks, games with characters in them, ornaments and cartoons like winnie the pooh series. am i not allowed to use or watch this stuff.

ah thanks in advance and may u receive blessing for helping me be good muslim.

masalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eliphaz
12-04-2009, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dovelove
salam alaykum brothers and sisters in faith,

i hav a question about games of chance, am wondering if it is allowed to play cards like spider solitaire, snap, solitaire, and freecell, if not played for money, I thought am not allowed but now am very confused and wonder if lots of things I thought are not allowed are allowed, can u show me the hadith that the answer is derived from and explain it cos me got a fuzzy head :embarrass

while im on the subject of confusion can someone explain to me about the images with eyes and why im not allowed them, if im not allowed them, like stuffed toys, images on socks, games with characters in them, ornaments and cartoons like winnie the pooh series. am i not allowed to use or watch this stuff.

ah thanks in advance and may u receive blessing for helping me be good muslim.

masalaam
I can say something about the imitation of living things, which was something I deliberated over for a long time. As far as I am aware it is haram to imitate the creation of God by representing the whole face and body but according to this link you can do so if you 'chop off' certain features (eyes, ears, nose, take your pick).

I think it is permissable to own objects which resemble living things as long as they serve a clear purpose like toys for children etc (as we know Ayesha played with dolls) otherwise you might as well say remove all images including the TV, internet etc from the house which would be counter-productive.

Hope that helps.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.