/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Knox Case

جوري
12-05-2009, 12:55 AM
I don't know if you guys have been following the knox case? I don't know if Italy has the death penalty but no matter, I am glad they found her guilty.. the funny part though are the comments as usual, some Americans feel that the only brand of justice if American justice where they exonerate the white girl just because she is white, they want to send in the troops to save her and give her a 'fair trial'--- The only democracy is American democracy, the innocent are American innocent. some blame it on the black dude even though there is no evidence against him, I suppose he is dispensable for being well a black dude, while she, well she can't be a lewd pervert who forced her roommate into sex games and then killed her for refusing..

what a strange world.. I am really all for the death penalty but I suppose we've to settle for 26 yrs..

I sometimes don't understand why folks sympathize with the killers than the victims-- that really can't be normal can it?

Knox Convicted of Killing Roommate

By ALESSANDRA RIZZO and MARTA FALCONI
PERUGIA, Italy (Dec. 4) -- A jury in Italy convicted American college student Amanda Knox of murdering her British roommate and sentenced her to 26 years in prison shortly after midnight Saturday.
Her Italian ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito was also convicted and sentenced to 25 years.
Skip over this content A Sensational Case

Franco Origlia, Getty Images
8 photos

http://www.aolcdn.com/ke/media_gallery

An Italian jury on Friday convicted American student Amanda Knox of killing her British roommate in Perugia in 2007. She was sentenced to 26 years in prison. Here, Knox is seen behind bars shortly before the verdict was announced.

As soon as the judge read the verdict after some 13 hours of deliberations, Knox began weeping and murmured, "No, no," then hugged one of her lawyers.
Minutes later, the 22-year-old Knox, who is from Seattle and the 25-year-old Sollecito, were put in police vans with sirens blaring and driven back to jail.
Prosecutors had sought life imprisonment, Italy's stiffest sentence. Courts often give less severe punishment than what prosecutors demand.
The American's father, Curt Knox, asked if he would fight on for his daughter, replied, with tears in his eyes: "Hell, yes."
"This is just wrong," her stepmother, Cassandra Knox, said, turning around immediately after hearing the verdict. Her family had insisted she was innocent and a victim of character assassination.
Knox and Sollecito were charged with murder and sexual assault in the slaying of Meredith Kercher more than two years ago. All three were studying in Perugia in Italy's central Umbria region at the time.
Kercher's body was found in a pool of blood with her throat slit on Nov. 2, 2007, in the bedroom of the house she shared with Knox. Prosecutors contended the 21-year-old Leeds University student was murdered the previous night.
Skip over this content

Knox, who is from Seattle, and Sollecito, had been jailed since shortly after the slaying.
The prosecutors contend on the night of the murder, Knox and Sollecito met at the apartment where Kercher and Knox lived. They say a fourth person was there, Rudy Hermann Guede, an Ivory Coast citizen who has been convicted in the murder and sentenced to 30 years in prison. Guede, who is appealing his conviction, says he was in the house the night of the murder but did not kill Kercher.
The prosecution says Knox and Kercher started arguing, and that Knox joined the two men in brutally attacking and sexually assaulting the Briton under "the fumes of drugs and possibly alcohol."
Throughout the trial, prosecutors depicted Knox as a promiscuous and manipulative she-devil whose personality clashed with her roommate's. They say Knox had grown to hate Kercher.
During the trial, the most intimate details of Knox's life were examined, from her lax hygiene — allegedly a point of contention with Kercher — to her sex life, even including a sex toy.
Knox said Kercher was a friend whose slaying shocked and saddened her.
Defense lawyers have described the American, who made the dean's list at the University of Washington, as a smart and cheerful woman, at one point even comparing her to film character Amelie, the innocent and dreamy girl in the 2001 French movie of the same title.
That is the film Knox and Sollecito say they were watching at his home on the night of the murder, where they say they smoked marijuana and had sex. Knox said she went home the next morning to find the door to the house open and Kercher dead.
The prosecution maintains that a 6½-inch knife authorities found at Sollecito's house could be the murder weapon; they say Kercher's DNA was found on the blade and Knox's on the handle. However, defense lawyers argue the knife was too big to match Kercher's wounds and the amount of DNA collected was too small to determine with certainty whose it was.
The defense maintained there was not enough evidence for a conviction and no clear motive.
However, prosecutor Manuela Comodi said violent crimes can lack a motive. "We live at a time where violence is purposeless," she told the jury.
Knox gave contradictory versions of the night of the slaying, saying at one point she was home and had to cover her ears to block out Kercher's screams and accusing a Congolese man of the killing. The man, Patrick Diya Lumumba, owns a pub in Perugia where Knox worked. He was jailed briefly but was later cleared and is seeking defamation damages from Knox.
Knox later contended that police pressure led her to initially accuse an innocent man.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

http://news.aol.com/article/amanda-k...lling%2F798364

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
12-05-2009, 12:59 AM
they want to send in the troops to save her and give her a 'fair trial'
LOL, that's the silliest thing I've read all day. ;D

جوري
12-05-2009, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
LOL, that's the most silliest thing I've read all day. ;D
I suggest then you not click on the link and read the rest of the comments.. they are so disgusting.. sob7an Allah, in a twisted way it consoles me that it isn't only muslims receiving the brunt of tasteless comments such as was the case with the Muslim deli owner.. what is wrong with these people?..

I was just watching videos of this poor girl Meridith.. there is barely anything on her, her family has really kept a dignified silence and put their faith in the Italian court system, whereas the other turds not only maligned the Italians (for which btw they are slapped with a deserved slander law suit) but have managed to make this about them.. does anyone care that they have stripped this girl of her dignity and clothes and left her there naked and dead.. disgusting perverts .. she'll probably be offered a book deal or her family from which she is to receive millions and someone will probably find a way to appeal her case and get her out...

I find it ironic though, that a British girl gets murdered by an American in Italy.. a very strange and sad story.. 26 yrs hardly seems fair for snuffing someone's life, but I am at least glad they found her guilty....

hope there is a lesson here to be learned, which is when you go to a foreign country, please take it down a few notches, no one gives a **** of your self-importance and entitlement, and you'll be punished for your crimes, so think twice if you think you'll get off scotch free, with fame, fortune sympathy and a book deal!

Beardo
12-06-2009, 12:03 AM
Gossamer, do you think she's innocent or guilty? I've only began following the case.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
12-06-2009, 12:10 AM
I do.. I believe she and her boyfriend are twisted sick people and they were the only ones there with her plus if you have followed the crime scene investigation (you can find it on youtube) you'd find their DNA found on her under-clothes and that there was a sign of a struggle the way her clothes were torn.. I am sad that 26 is all she gets but at least it is a start!
her parents are equally disgusting but that is a story for another day..
Meredith (the victim) her parents really kept a quiet dignity through all of this putting their trust in the Italian police --

جوري
12-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Media Tags are no longer supported

Humbler_359
12-06-2009, 12:42 AM
:sl:

Yes, I read and research about it. I was shocked how Amanda Knox and her lover were terrible. She think that she could get attention of Italian guy and killed British girl for stupid reasons.

imsad

Cabdullahi
12-06-2009, 12:51 AM
the black dude rudy guede got 30 years ..... his excuse was he ate a sickening kebab and was in the toilet vomiting whilst the murder took place.

he shouldnt have blamed the kebab!!!

جوري
12-06-2009, 12:55 AM
she'll appeal, and get off, this was all a show for the brit, now they have to please the americans.. I really feel sorry for that poor girl who died..

when this witch gets out in her forties (assuming she actually serves out her sentence) she can still resume her life, the other girl, what does she have? 21 and six feet under because she had the ill fortune to live with a sociopath!

titus
12-06-2009, 07:07 AM
the funny part though are the comments as usual, some Americans feel that the only brand of justice if American justice where they exonerate the white girl just because she is white, they want to send in the troops to save her and give her a 'fair trial'--- The only democracy is American democracy, the innocent are American innocent. some blame it on the black dude even though there is no evidence against him, I suppose he is dispensable for being well a black dude,
Nothing in the article I read indicated any of this. Is there some article I can't read where anyone says this?

I know her family was supporting her, as most families would, but how exactly does that lead to those comments?

Beardo
12-06-2009, 03:31 PM
I confess that I initially began believing that Knox was not involved after I watched the family interview.

I really do not know. They said the Italians were bias against them because they were American.

Could someone post some more articles about the case here?

جوري
12-06-2009, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by titus
Nothing in the article I read indicated any of this. Is there some article I can't read where anyone says this?

I know her family was supporting her, as most families would, but how exactly does that lead to those comments?
I didn't say it was in the article, I wrote and let me re-quote:
the funny part though are the comments as usual, some Americans feel that the only brand of justice if American justice where they exonerate the white girl just because she is white, they want to send in the troops to save her and give her a 'fair trial'
Perhaps you can read everything I have written before parting your two cents?.. the comments are usually at the bottom of the page!
a comment denotes 'individual opinion'.. folks not unlike yourself!

all the best

جوري
12-06-2009, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I confess that I initially began believing that Knox was not involved after I watched the family interview.

I really do not know. They said the Italians were bias against them because they were American.

Could someone post some more articles about the case here?

you can look at youtube the actual investigation, her under-garment were recovered with DNA on it (it is however graphic in nature as her dead body is also there).. I don't see how they could have planted DNA and been biased toward them?

:wa:

titus
12-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Perhaps you can read everything I have written before parting your two cents?.. the comments are usually at the bottom of the page!
Thank you for your usual thoughtful and polite response to my question. I appreciate the clarification.

I don't usually read the comments as most of the people that post on them are idiots. This article is no exception.

جوري
12-06-2009, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by titus
Thank you for your usual thoughtful and polite response to my question. I appreciate the clarification.

I don't usually read the comments as most of the people that post on them are idiots. This article is no exception.
Indeed-- and if you had read the post in full or actually even in part you'd have arrived to that conclusion early on and saved us three of four posts on nonsense and your occasional tasteless observations.

You can do yourself great justice by avoiding a reply to folks you deem impolite or 'trying to impress' -- grabbing hold of someone's attention to point out what you find improper about them is sure-fire way to point out what is wrong with yourself!

all the best

جوري
12-06-2009, 09:47 PM
in a couple of days public opinion becomes family request

Knox Family Seeks US Intervention

Clinton Says She's Willing to Hear Concerns About Italian Trial

AOL / Wire Services
posted: 2 MINUTES AGO
comments: 118
filed under: Crime News, World News

PRINT
|E-MAILMORE

Text SizeAAA

WASHINGTON (Dec. 6) - The family of an American college student convicted of murder in Italy is asking for the U.S. government to intervene, saying she was wrongly convicted of the crime.
Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., has cited "serious questions" about the trial of Amanda Knox, and said she planned to bring those concerns to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Skip over this content A Sensational Case

Pier Paolo Cito, AP
8 photos

An Italian jury on Friday convicted American student Amanda Knox of killing her British roommate in Perugia in 2007, and now her family wants the U.S. government to intervene. "I would be very, very disappointed if they did not get involved," her father told CBS News. Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., wants Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to review "serious questions" about the trial.

A Sensational Case
An Italian jury on Friday convicted American student Amanda Knox of killing her British roommate in Perugia in 2007, and now her family wants the U.S. government to intervene. "I would be very, very disappointed if they did not get involved," her father told CBS News. Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., wants Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to review "serious questions" about the trial.
Pier Paolo Cito, AP
Pier Paolo Cito, AP

Skip over this content Politics Daily: She-Devil or Victim of Anti-Americanism?

When asked about Knox on ABC's "This Week," Clinton said Sunday she has not reviewed the case but is willing to hear any concerns about it.
Knox was convicted Friday of murdering her British roommate in Perugia, Italy, in 2007 and was sentenced to 26 years in prison.
Her family insists she is innocent and is a victim of character assassination. The family plans to appeal the conviction.

"Now I do want the government involved and I would be very, very disappointed if they did not get involved," her father, Curt Knox, told CBS News.
Cantwell has written to Italian President Silvio Berlusconi and other officials, The Seattle Times reported. More recently, she helped Knox's family contact the U.S. ambassador in Rome.
"I am saddened by the verdict, and I have serious questions about the Italian justice system and whether anti-Americanism tainted this trial," Cantwell said a statement released to the newspaper on Friday. "The prosecution did not present enough evidence for an impartial jury to conclude beyond a reasonable doubt that Ms. Knox was guilty."
Clinton told ABC's "This Week" she's been tied up with Afghanistan policy and hasn't examined Knox's trial. She said she hasn't expressed any concerns to the Italian government.

2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
http://news.aol.com/article/amanda-knox-family-seeks-us-intervention/803576?icid=main|main|dl1|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fnews. aol.com%2Farticle%2Famanda-knox-family-seeks-us-intervention%2F803576

Supreme
12-06-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm thrilled with the sentencing. I do think Knox may've suspected that a young American attractive female such as herself could (literally) get away with murder in a country like Italy. My prayers are with Kurcher's family.

جوري
12-07-2009, 12:28 AM
I don't understand why they want to waste power and resources on this, even her Italian lover is serving an equivalent sentence-- how can she possibly be singled out?

'Anti-Americanism'-- so that is what they call it when justice is served?

Ramadhan
12-07-2009, 06:53 AM
I read a very fascinating and exhaustive article about this case in the Vanity Fair last year.
Vanity Fair is a magazine known for its high standard of investigative journalism, and the article clearly established that Amanda Knox is guilty for the heinous murder.

And she only gets 25 years in jail and possible reduction?
Western justice is so twisted.

Muezzin
12-07-2009, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I don't understand why they want to waste power and resources on this, even her Italian lover is serving an equivalent sentence-- how can she possibly be singled out?

'Anti-Americanism'-- so that is what they call it when justice is served?
It's a strange form of xenophobia that is not limited to certain silly commentators who are also American.

A similar phenomenon occurred when the British child Madeleine McCann was abducted in Portugal - those Brits who weren't blaming the McCanns themselves for the girl's disappearance were busy painting Portugal's police force as incompetent idiots who were completely useless compared to Scotland Yard.

جوري
12-07-2009, 04:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
It's a strange form of xenophobia that is not limited to certain silly commentators who are also American.

A similar phenomenon occurred when the British child Madeleine McCann was abducted in Portugal - those Brits who weren't blaming the McCanns themselves for the girl's disappearance were busy painting Portugal's police force as incompetent idiots who were completely useless compared to Scotland Yard.

Yeah, I was following that case too.. admittedly it broke my heart... I don't handle child abduction cases well imsad
I think sometimes it is better to think these children dead than to play in ones mind the endless horrible things that could be happening to them at the hands of very sick people!

May Allah swt safeguard us and our loved ones from such horrors.

Supreme
12-07-2009, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
I read a very fascinating and exhaustive article about this case in the Vanity Fair last year.
Vanity Fair is a magazine known for its high standard of investigative journalism, and the article clearly established that Amanda Knox is guilty for the heinous murder.

And she only gets 25 years in jail and possible reduction?
Western justice is so twisted.
I'm sorry, but I don't think 25 years is a light sentence. You only live once, and if you spend your youth rotting away bored stiff in a damp jail cell away from your family and friends, then I think that is rather harsh. Although she definetly deserves it.

جوري
12-07-2009, 05:18 PM
The penalty for death is death.. however in this case it is understandable given some of the variables.. But no, having a roof over your head, three square meals a day, health benefits and conjugal visits hardly seems like an equivalent punishment, considering there are some good folk in the world who have committed no crimes and have far less than that!

something to think about when pondering the 'harshness of her sentence'

all the best

Supreme
12-07-2009, 05:32 PM
The penalty for death is death.. however in this case it is understandable given some of the variables.. But no, having a roof over your head, three square meals a day, health benefits and conjugal visits hardly seems like an equivalent punishment, considering there are some good folk in the world who have committed no crimes and have far less than that!

something to think about when pondering the 'harshness of her sentence'

all the best

Seeing as Italy does not have the death penalty, the punishment for murder is actually around the time she got, so I believe it's fair. I know I certainly wouldn't to be locked up for twenty five years. The boredom would be excrutiating. And I also believe in second chances and mercy.

جوري
12-07-2009, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Seeing as Italy does not have the death penalty, the punishment for murder is actually around the time she got, so I believe it's fair. I know I certainly wouldn't to be locked up for twenty five years. The boredom would be excrutiating. And I also believe in second chances and mercy.
As I have stated given several variables, it was probably the best option, that is if she indeed serves it and doesn't call in the troops on the tax payers money to save her guilty ass.. the fact that they are already getting senators involved tells me that this will be another Michael Peter Fay where he got his sentences reduced for theft and vandalism in a foreign country plus got paid an obscene amount per flog received!

It doesn't seem like anyone spends much time thinking of the victim..

she was a daughter, a sister and a friend to someone.. and this case somehow manages to be about this other pervert and her woes..

to pay for your sin is to be expiated from them and to be given a second chance is to have God's forgiveness as well!

People approach crime in this cartoonish unrealistic manner -- when people are murdered it is over, there are no second chances..

all the best

AlHoda
12-07-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't think 25 years is a light sentence. You only live once, and if you spend your youth rotting away bored stiff in a damp jail cell away from your family and friends, then I think that is rather harsh. Although she definetly deserves it.

I think a long-life sentence is far more better than 25 years, as Italy no longer uses the deathpenalty. I mean come on, the girl took a human life and all she gets for a punishment is 25 years in prison. And you say that is harsh. It is truly a pity that westerners do not understand the the term 'justice'. Why is was the deathpenalty canceled, has Europe forgotten a little thing called 'justice'. :raging:

May Allah (swt) protect us from such horrors.

Justufy
12-07-2009, 07:40 PM
As I have stated given several variables, it was probably the best option, that is if she indeed serves it and doesn't call in the troops on the tax payers money to save her guilty ass.. the fact that they are already getting senators involved tells me that this will be another Michael Peter Fay where he got his sentences reduced for theft and vandalism in a foreign country plus got paid an obscene amount per flog received!

It doesn't seem like anyone spends much time thinking of the victim..

she was a daughter, a sister and a friend to someone.. and this case somehow manages to be about this other pervert and her woes..

to pay for your sin is to be expiated from them and to be given a second chance is to have God's forgiveness as well!

People approach crime in this cartoonish unrealistic manner -- when people are murdered it is over, there are no second chances..

all the best

Ah, there is always a second chance.

جوري
12-07-2009, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Justufy
Bring back Meridith from the grave then to her family and friends!

all the best

Justufy
12-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Altough I support the death penalty, If someone does not repent in the face of death then he will never repent.

Supreme
12-07-2009, 07:54 PM

all the best
What if they converted to Islam? Would they under that condition, in your opinion, be granted a second chance?

Justufy
12-07-2009, 07:55 PM
This is irelevant, we are all bound for heaven eventually, I dont need to ''bring'' anybody back from the grave.

Her friends and family know she is in the heavens.

As for the culprit if he repents with all his heart he to will be in the heavens.

Because God is just and mercifull.

all the best
Indeed.

جوري
12-07-2009, 08:14 PM
This is irelevant, we are all bound for heaven eventually, I dont need to ''bring'' anybody back from the grave.
Quite relevant when you write this:

Her friends and family know she is in the heavens.
I am sure that solaces them that their daughter was brutally murdered to a woman who gets off after a mere slap on the wrist. Also the crime isn't simply about those left behind and where they find their solace, but to the life snuffed out at 22!
As for the culprit if he repents with all his heart he to will be in the heavens.

Because God is just and mercifull.

Indeed.
What does this have to do with anything written. 'second chances' are divine in quality.. we are still bound by earthly justice and laws while here!
What if they converted to Islam? Would they under that condition, in your opinion, be granted a second chance?

I think I have made it quite clear that second chances (as pertains to eternity) are divine in nature.. where matters are divine in nature, they are not subject to idle forumers. We are concerned with earthly justice so long as we are bound by earthly laws.. any matter of repentance, heaven/hell/eternity is between one and God!

all the best

Pygoscelis
12-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Something that bothers me in these cases is that the girl typically gets off easier than the boyfriend, playing on society's stereotype of women as victims. In this case it seems justice escaped that trap.

Justufy
12-08-2009, 01:52 AM
What does this have to do with anything written. 'second chances' are divine in quality.. we are still bound by earthly justice and laws while here!
Second chances are here and now. Anyone can start anew.

This girl was young, young people sometimes do stupid things.

we must Never lose faith that a bad person can change and do a greater good.

But you are shutting the door to any of that, because you are overwhelmed by emotion.

I am sure that solaces them that their daughter was brutally murdered to a woman who gets off after a mere slap on the wrist. Also the crime isn't simply about those left behind and where they find their solace, but to the life snuffed out at 22!
Its easy to be an armchair general such as yourself, and saying that she deserves this or that... As for me I rather withold judgement, as I was not there to see the circusmtances of this crime by myself, I take account of the info but I dont go on rambling about issues in which I am not an expert.

Doing so is Biggotry.

But I absolutely believe that everyone no matter what deserves a second chance here and now if he or her is willing to change his life.

جوري
12-08-2009, 02:45 AM
Second chances are here and now. Anyone can start anew.
Hence I commented if you believe in second chances in the here and now, bring meridith from the grave back to life!

This girl was young, young people do stupid things.
cutting class and herbing up is stupid.. murder is a cardinal sin!

we must Never lose faith that a bad person can change and do a greater good.
The faith isn't ours to keep or give away, as stated repentance is a matter divine in nature!
But you are shutting the door to any of that, because you are overwhelmed by emotion.
How so?

Its easy to be an armchair general such as yourself, and saying that she deserves this or that... As for me I rather withold judgement, as I was not there to see the circusmtances of this crime by myself, I take account of the info but I dont go on rambling about issues in which I am not an expert.
I didn't decide her judgment, folks presented with the facts of her case decided on a guilty verdict.. whereas I personally believe in the death penalty, I believe given the circumstances of this case, the sentence is appropriate.. spare me your satisfaction of overly simplistic conclusions!

Doing so is Biggotry.
How so?

But I absolutely believe that everyone no matter what deserves a second chance here and now if he or her is willing to change his life.
Good for you!

all the best!

Justufy
12-08-2009, 03:45 AM
her parents are equally disgusting but that is a story for another day..
If you were that Girls mother you would probably have the same reaction, you would be in denial at first ''could my little girl really be a murderer?'' and '' where did we go wrong?''

They just can’t repudiate their daughter just like that, I’m sure they thought she was their precious little girl that was just plainly incapable of this horrid act. They are revolting themselves against the thought that their daughter is a murderer, just think about it for a moment? Could you react any different at first? After 26 years of bringing up a daughter as best you could??

You have absolutely no right to judge any of them!

I’m sure they are in pain and my prayers are with both them and the victims family who must also be in pain.

جوري
12-08-2009, 03:53 AM
If you were that Girls mother you would probably have the same reaction, you would be in denial at first ''could my little girl really be a murderer?'' and '' where did we go wrong?''
Given that it is her step-mother (If you were indeed following the case), I would indeed question where I went wrong!

They just can’t repudiate their daughter just like that, I’m sure they thought she was their precious little girl that was just plainly incapable of this horrid act. They are revolting themselves against the thought that their daughter is a murderer, just think about it for a moment? Could you react any different at first? After 26 years of bringing up a daughter as best you could??
Again, the girl is neither 26 nor is the lady on TV her actual mother ( have you been following the case?) you should generally educate yourself on a topic before writing about it.. I don't need to take her shoes-- people generally shouldn't raise their daughters to be w*ores who enjoy orgies and forcing roommates into sex games, be druggies and/or murderers.. it isn't common even in the west.. certainly evil has been born of good and vice versa.. what did Noah (P) do t save his son or Abraham (p) to his father? again, food for thought before the self-righteous humbug of peering through a murderers point of view!
You have absolutely no right to judge any of them!
I think you are having difficulty following both the case and the thread.. you know it is OK to walk away if you have nothing of substance to impart!
It won't dawn on folks how virtuous you are for empathy toward a convicted murder, I fear in fact it is doing the opposite!

I’m sure they are in pain and my prayers are with both them and the victims family.
Again, good for you-- you do that!

all the best

Humbler_359
12-08-2009, 05:04 AM

By the way, i heard that there is now appeal. US will intervene/pressure to get Amanda get out of the country based on misused trial, possible?

My heart goes to Meredith Kercher and her families in this difficult times,

"I think the best way to say it is we are very satisfied with the verdict," said John Kercher, Jr., seated between his parents, and Meredith's other surviving siblings Lyle and Stephanie. "Ultimately we are pleased with the decision but it's not time for celebration. We are gathered here because our sister was brutally murdered, taken away from us."

defense lawyers had aggressively attacked both the validity of the material evidence in the case, and the prosecution's lively theory of a "sex game gone wrong," but the Kercher family expressed no doubts. "I would say if the evidence has been presented then you have to agree with that," said Arline Kercher, Meredith's mother. "At the end of the day you have to go on the evidence, there is nothing else."

Source

جوري
12-08-2009, 05:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359

By the way, i heard that there is now appeal. US will intervene/pressure to get Amanda get out of the country based on misused trial, possible?

My heart goes to Meredith Kercher and her families in this difficult times,

"I think the best way to say it is we are very satisfied with the verdict," said John Kercher, Jr., seated between his parents, and Meredith's other surviving siblings Lyle and Stephanie. "Ultimately we are pleased with the decision but it's not time for celebration. We are gathered here because our sister was brutally murdered, taken away from us."

defense lawyers had aggressively attacked both the validity of the material evidence in the case, and the prosecution's lively theory of a "sex game gone wrong," but the Kercher family expressed no doubts. "I would say if the evidence has been presented then you have to agree with that," said Arline Kercher, Meredith's mother. "At the end of the day you have to go on the evidence, there is nothing else."

Source

Yes they are getting senators involved.. it is really very sad how they won't even give this family time to heal.. insult to injury!

I have to believe that justice will be served one way or the other, even if they get this girl out of jail by some heroic means!

Argamemnon
12-08-2009, 08:10 PM
I don't know if Italy has the death penalty but no matter, I am glad they found her guilty
There is no death penalty in Europe. Were you born and raised in the US? Do Americans know the Capital of Italy ;D

(just kidding)

جوري
12-08-2009, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
There is no death penalty in Europe. Were you born and raised in the US? Do Americans know the Capital of Italy ;D

(just kidding)

I was actually born in Tanzania (my father was a diplomat) so I consider myself a citizen of the world, but I do have citizenship in three countries-- three out of three ain't bad..

yes Americans I suspect know the capital of Italy.. now, do Italians know the capital of NY without google? :p

جوري
06-02-2010, 01:01 AM
Amanda Knox Accused of Slandering Italian Police

Updated: 9 hours 24 minutes ago

Print Text Size

AP
PERUGIA, Italy (June 1) -- Amanda Knox appeared in public Tuesday for the first time since her murder conviction, returning to court to face slander charges for saying she was beaten by police during questioning over the death of her roommate.

The 22-year-old American sported a shorter haircut and a yellow T-shirt at a preliminary hearing held behind closed doors in a Perugia courthouse. The brief appearance marked the first time she had been seen since December, when she was escorted out of the courtroom in tears moments after hearing the guilty verdict.

Knox has said she was beaten by police during questioning over the 2007 slaying of Meredith Kercher, the 21-year-old Briton who shared an apartment with Knox while studying in Perugia. Police have denied the misconduct and filed slander charges against her.
A Sensational Case

Fabrizio Troccoli, AP
9 photos

Amanda Knox appears in court Tuesday in Perugia, Italy, for a preliminary hearing on charges that she slandered Italian police. She has said police beat her during questioning in the 2007 killing of her college roommate.

(Note: Please disable your pop-up blocker)

http://xml.channel.aol.com/xmlpublis...uts=1275405993
http://www.aolcdn.com/ke/media_galle...ry_wrapper.swf

A Sensational Case
Amanda Knox appears in court Tuesday in Perugia, Italy, for a preliminary hearing on charges that she slandered Italian police. She has said police beat her during questioning in the 2007 killing of her college roommate.
Fabrizio Troccoli, AP
Fabrizio Troccoli, AP

Tuesday's hearing was largely devoted to technicalities and quickly adjourned.

"Amanda is doing pretty good," Knox's stepfather, Chris Mellas, told reporters in Perugia, a hill town in central Italy. "She is looking forward actually to being able once again to put forward her side of the case and kind of defend herself."

Knox said in June 2009 testimony that she had been the subject of a "crescendo" of police pressure and that a policewoman hit her twice on the head. She said that behavior led her to accuse an innocent man -- the owner of a pub in Perugia where Knox worked -- who was arrested as a result of Knox's statements before being later cleared.

Knox's attorney, Luciano Ghirga, said Tuesday that any defendant should be granted the right to defend oneself in court without the risk of facing slander accusations.

Knox has been jailed since shortly after Kercher's body was found on Nov. 2, 2007, in the house the two students shared. After a yearlong trial, Knox was convicted of murder and sexual assault and sentenced to 26 years in jail.

Her ex-boyfriend and co-defendant at the trial, Raffaele Sollecito of Italy, was also convicted and sentenced to 25 years. A third person, Ivorian Rudy Hermann Guede, was convicted of murder in separate proceedings and sentenced to 16 years.

All three deny wrongdoing and are appealing.

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article...cid=webmaildl1

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.