/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ways to increase the brotherhood in your area

Ummu Sufyaan
12-05-2009, 08:26 AM
:sl:
it is important to develop a sense of love and respect amongst the muslims in our local masaajid/muslim communities so that the masjid not only used for worship, but also becomes a place where people (perhaps even non-Muslims interested in Islam)are enthusiastic to come to, as well a place where the ties of brotherhood can be nurtured. It is especially important to target and interest our youth.

So, i want this thread dedicated and full of tips on what activities, etc can be done amongst the muslims in your community so as to improve, increase and maintain the ties of brotherhood in our communities.

even if you think it may be common sense, feel free to post your idea anyway.

1. organize a camping trip

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tango92
12-10-2009, 06:30 AM
unite under common interest, eg form a sports team for the lads

you may not remember but their was a bnp protest outside harrow mosque in london in september, it was amazing how many brothers got together to retaliate even though half of us didnt know each other and we had a considerable journey to get there.

i dont really know what the sisters these days are into

Insaanah
12-11-2009, 01:17 PM

Good thread maashaAllah sis.

Organising Umrah trips in the summer hols with one of the imams. Our local mosque has done that for the past few years. Brothers only, and it's aimed at the youth in particular.

For sisters, at the moment, there are only study circles (as far as I know).

As far as non-Muslims go, there are various events during interfaith week where the local Christian clergy and Rabbis as well as religious leaders of other faiths, and the general non-Muslim public are invited. It gets advertised in the local papers a few weeks beforehand.

Ummu Sufyaan
04-16-2010, 10:01 AM
*bump.

organize a weekly video lecture night where theres an actual points table/competition between organized teams and at the end, the team with the most points gets a free something. this has proved successful for some people that i know, alhamdulillah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
marwen
04-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Nice idea sister Jazaki Allaho Khayran !

* ) make a group of brothers / sisters to help the poor people around the masjid with collecting money and doing voluntary works.

aadil77
04-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Its extremely important brothers stick together, this way we can maintain an islamic atmosphere, help each other upon deen and act as good examples for others, this especially in non-muslim countries where all kinds of haraam is abundent.

You can start by simply smiling and saying salam to your brothers, even if you don't know them, that way muslims will stick to their own greeting and build that bond of brotherhood

Then you can build on through various islamic events and activities; going on jamaat with a group of brothers, going to islamic lectures or small halaqas in the masjid, organising things together eg; dawah stalls, masjid football team, camp out trips, fundraising and charity events

Muslims have to maintain this, we're forgetting who we are and where we belong, we need to remember our identity as muslims,

kind of like the jews do - they're always loyal to their faith and each other

Ummu Sufyaan
04-16-2010, 10:29 AM
for the sisters get together and have a baking day.

get a bunch of brothers/sisters and go and listen to a lecture together...make sure you take notes and share them this way there is more interacting and if there is more interacting then the more their is chances of love to grow, inshallah.

Ummu Sufyaan
04-16-2010, 10:54 AM
  • know also how to handle and diffuse arguments between your brethren in faith maturely. this is in both regards to dunya (eg backbiting incident) or deen (differences of opinions, etc). make sure you are productive in this respect, and not counter-productive. try not to say or do anything that try not to show that you are taking sides (even if you feel one party is more correct then the other), and dont be emotional in dealing with people. and if necessary, get a person you feel is more effective in dealing

if you feel that you are personally being "targeted" try not to act on emotion, but rather find an alternative to deal with it.

the reason im emphasizing all this, is to try put the point across is that sometimes divisions will occur due to 2 (or more) parties having an enmity towards another and that if it isn't sorted soon and in a mature manner, then it can be disastrous, especially if one/both of these parties is looked up to/followed/admired. such enmity wont just affect the 2 parties, but also as a Muslim community, due to the respect that others may have to these parties. people will do things in-spite of others and can be regardless of the deen and how it is being propagated (or lack thereof). some even go to the extent of using the quran and sunnah for their own immaturity. so yes, we need to be wary that these divisions dont occur especially if a party if looked up to, etc as people have their loyalty and thus people/groups will turn on one another.

• if (god forbid) there is divisions in your community, try to get to the roots of them and rectify them. speak to the relevant people and take the proper steps necessary to "heal" the wounds.

brotherubaid
04-16-2010, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan

Good thread maashaAllah sis.

Organising Umrah trips in the summer hols with one of the imams. Our local mosque has done that for the past few years. Brothers only, and it's aimed at the youth in particular.

For sisters, at the moment, there are only study circles (as far as I know).

As far as non-Muslims go, there are various events during interfaith week where the local Christian clergy and Rabbis as well as religious leaders of other faiths, and the general non-Muslim public are invited. It gets advertised in the local papers a few weeks beforehand.

Which is your local mosque sister?

Yes brotherhood is very important.

Our brother Abu Uwais rahimhaullah has had a couple of lectures about it , about brother hood n loving one another, i will InshahAllah add the links later.

aadil77
04-16-2010, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brotherubaid
Which is your local mosque sister?

Yes brotherhood is very important.

Our brother Abu Uwais rahimhaullah has had a couple of lectures about it , about brother hood n loving one another, i will InshahAllah add the links later.
Akhi whats the brotherhood like in dubai? I've been ther for 2 days and It felt like there was some kind of hierachy, like the emiraties all look down on you, I got some dirty looks as well.

Saudi brothers I've met seem decent

brotherubaid
04-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Well actually i have felt the opposite , when ever im in saudia i feel like they are realllly really rude and arrogant at times , emiratis on the other hand are much more decent and reasonable.

Well see when you are around brothers , i mean people of khair n good, students of knowledge n all , its gonna be beautiful where ever u are , saudia , Uae , kuwait , They will love u for the sake of Allah , they will have manners , good ikhlaaq n all , will be nice to you and friednly , u wont even ever feel like there are soo many diffrent ethnicitie n races in the same room , like when ever i go to some of my local emarai friends house we usually have friends n brothers from like 10 diffrent countries , what joins us the aqeedah n manhaj n sunnnah and khair so its obviously beautiful.

But yes in the day to day life , u will find emiratis very very well mannered n very nice , much nicer than anyother gulf country , i was born n rasied here in UAE n have travelled around , trust me emiratis are as goos as it get in the whole gulf region , the officlias n people in governmnet departments are so helpful n understanding and actually nice , be it police or immigration or municipality and people in general are awsome unlike soe other countries in gulf where u will literally be looked at like a khariji ( one from outside)

But one thing about this country is that people of India/pak do not mix much with the arabs at all , so at times u see people who were born n raised here and cannot either speak or even understand arabic coz there is literally no interaction between them, pakis live in certain areas , study in their schools while locals are in governmnet schools n other arabic schools while indians/pakis usually study in english or their local curriculum schools, so at school they are around their own type of peope , at home and when out playing they are still not mixing or interacting with other races at all so they literally cannot even pick the language up.

This country UAE and specally dubai itself is said to have 195 nationalites! so imagine how diverse it is , but overall people get along very well and yes the locals are the best compared to all the other gulf states.

This thread i think is more about how it is in the west and i thik the brotherhood there is much stronger than here though. I mean in the sense that there might be so few muslms in a certain county an dthe masjid brings them together na ll so they all know each other n care for eachother.

Danah
04-16-2010, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Akhi whats the brotherhood like in dubai? I've been ther for 2 days and It felt like there was some kind of hierachy, like the emiraties all look down on you, I got some dirty looks as well.

Saudi brothers I've met seem decent
No brother, not all

brotherubaid
04-16-2010, 09:45 PM
Hasan As-Somaalee

I think More topics like these should be addressed to increase the brotherhood and unity n Love in the communities , such material should be spread and khateebs should give khutbas like these once in a while to get the hearts togethr and to stress the importance of brotherhood n unity n love.

We are brothers http://abdurrahman.org/audio/HasanAs...Rahman.org.mp3

This should also be easily aviable on youtube, hasan somali, we are brothers. Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m3Dgj5mcyE Part 1

Hasan Somalis page at abdurrahman.org http://abdurrahman.org/audio/HasanAs-Somaalee/

Abu Uwais Rahimahullah.
The Prophet, in Saheeh Muslim, said, “You will not enter Jannah until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another, should I tell you something, if you do it, you will love one another? Spread salam amongst each other.”

You wont enter Jannah until You Love One Another and You Wont Love One Another until you spread ...
very nice
Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhtyZDc18z8 Part 1 ( It has two more parts)

or this http://abdurrahman.org/audio/AbuAwaisAbdullahAlee/

Brotherhood is mandatory http://abdurrahman.org/audio/AbuAwai...Rahman.org.mp3

Unity is Sunnah and Division is Bidah http://abdurrahman.org/audio/AbuAwai...Rahman.org.mp3

Muslims have been commanded to be united http://abdurrahman.org/audio/AbuAwai...Rahman.org.mp3

U can search for abu uwais or abu uways on youtube as well

There are more on tis topic by Mustafa george a talk callled brother hood , u can find it on his page http://abdurrahman.org/audio/AbooIsm...MustafaGeorge/

And i think abu az zubair Shadeed Muhammad has got some too.
http://abdurrahman.org/audio/Abuaz-Z...adeedMuhammad/

aadil77
04-16-2010, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brotherubaid
Well see when you are around brothers , i mean people of khair n good, students of knowledge n all , its gonna be beautiful where ever u are , saudia , Uae , kuwait , They will love u for the sake of Allah , they will have manners , good ikhlaaq n all , will be nice to you and friednly , u wont even ever feel like there are soo many diffrent ethnicitie n races in the same room , like when ever i go to some of my local emarai friends house we usually have friends n brothers from like 10 diffrent countries , what joins us the aqeedah n manhaj n sunnnah and khair so its obviously beautiful.

But yes in the day to day life , u will find emiratis very very well mannered n very nice , much nicer than anyother gulf country , i was born n rasied here in UAE n have travelled around , trust me emiratis are as goos as it get in the whole gulf region , the officlias n people in governmnet departments are so helpful n understanding and actually nice , be it police or immigration or municipality and people in general are awsome unlike soe other countries in gulf where u will literally be looked at like a khariji ( one from outside)
Ok thats nice to hear. I don't like the fact that arabs and others don't mix, arabs seem to keep to themselves, its the same over here in UK. I don't think foreigners are even allowed into the emirati school system so they usually end up going to english/american schools. Also why do we always hear of discrimination against foreigners, unfair treatment to workers etc are these claims true? If its true its bad cause groups of muslims end up totally segregating themselves from eachother, the only time I saw arabs and pak/indians together was at jummah salaah.

Anxoo
05-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Nice to hear about the Emiratis experience, in my experience with Emiratis and Omanis when worked there as manager of various companies is that they descriminate quite openly against brothers and non brothers alike, Balngladeshis and Pakistanis specially do not have any fair treatment nor brotherly consideration than say a Philippino or a Thais however for us caucasians, whether we are Muslims or not they treat us with respect.

Saying that, I did live there about one and half year about in each location, in the other hand, after 8 years in Saudi Arabia I feel like here the Saudis are real brothers that treat you like one of them and will do anything to support you if you need them, I have seen the same not happen with me as a caucasian but also Pakistanis and Bangladeshis being treated like real brothers in Islam.

I manage a company which has 15,000 employees and about 32 nationalities and believe me, it is not easy to please everyone, when I promote a non muslim because of his or her achievements there is grievances in the other quarters and when it is the case of a brother Muslim or Muslimah then they say I take sides because I am a Muslim, the best is to be fair in your treatment and understanding of others based in their behaviour, personality, well being and respect to others races and beliefs and always give an example of the fairness of Islam.

Wassalam

Ibrahim Otero
Al Khobar
KSA

brotherubaid
05-28-2010, 09:20 PM
May Allah bless u brother Ibrahim, n welcome to the forum and may Allah reward u for your post.

Its very true ,I owuld love to work n live there, and trust me bro m for the past 3 yearsd atleaset i have been trying to move to saudi arabia, may Allah make it easy , it definetly is the right place t obe in the gulf specially for muslims, in many prespectives , yes may be its not like dubai in its glamoiyr but hey who needs that , coz with that comes a lot of trials n tribulations n fithnas.

Whta type of company are u working for bro? its kinda hard ofr non saudis to get into aviation it seems , have been trying for years , or may be its just m department (flight operstions) , getting saudied i guess, even though there are soo many saudis who come here to get their flight dispatcher license and alhumdolillah i have taught them n helped them and they have tried for me as well but qadarAllah still cant get a job.

Allah is the best of planners though.

have a good stay and hope to see u around.

Candle
06-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Food is the answer. If there is food, we men will be there.

Also, why not organize homegroups where brothers can meet and sisters can meet, study Qur'an or Hadith, eat food, listen to some recitations, hang out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.