/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Terrorists Kill 41 In Pakistan Mosque Attack

Blackpool
12-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Terrorists Kill 41 In Pakistan Mosque Attack

More than 40 people have been killed after an audacious terrorist attack on a mosque in a Pakistani military compound.

At least seven militants got into the security zone around the army headquarters in Rawalpindi.

Pakistan police say the gunmen attacked the mosque during Friday prayers, firing weapons and throwing grenades.

Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik told reporters two of the terrorists blew themselves up inside the mosque, while two others fired indiscrimnately into it.

He said ten children were among those killed.

"This shows the militants are anti-Islam," he added.

Eye-witnesses told Pakistani television poured in fire through the windows and threw at least 10 hand grenades.

Nasir Ali Sheikh saw the attackers at the mosque as he walked there to pray.

"They were killing people like animals," he said. "I couldn't understand what was happening."

Police in Rawalpindi say the death toll is 41, with 79 injured. The dead are understood to include senior army officers.

British prime minister Gordon Brown sent a letter of condolence to Pakistan counterpart Yousuf Raza Gilani, who was in London this week.

"The UK stands shoulder to shoulder with Pakistan in confronting the menace of terrorism," he wrote.

Questions are already being asked about how the gunmen managed to breach security.

The mosque is used by senior serving and retired members of the security forces for Friday prayers.

Rawalpandi is home to the Pakistani military and has been a frequent target of attacks by the country's Taliban.

Pakistan has been hit by a wave of suicide blasts and attacks, with more than 2,570 people killed during a two-and-a-half year insurgency by Islamist militants.

At least 34 people were killed and dozens injured in a suicide bomb attack outside a hotel not far from army headquarters in Rawalpindi on November 2.

And on October 10 militants stormed the headquarters and took 45 hostages during a 22-hour siege.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor..._In_Rawalpindi

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eliphaz
12-05-2009, 03:51 PM
It's almost becoming like expected nowadays - people are just like 'oh, there goes another bombing/shooting in Pakistan', and it is very difficult to know how to react. But I guess one just feels sad, confused and I guess rather sick. Some people just start getting fired up about other things, American drone attacks, Hindus, Zionists, and they miss the point entirely.

I am sad to say but if Pakistan had oil reserves as an added incentive America would probably have invaded it by now. Whether that would be better or worse, who knows?

Pakistan needs a revolution, it must choose its own destiny, but this cannot be the way.

ardianto
12-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Muslim kills another Muslim in 'the house of Allah' is totally wrong.

Muslimlearner
12-05-2009, 04:12 PM
La haula kuota illah billah!

So much bid'a,shirk, rage.. in this mean to be pure islamic state land..
May Allah guide them!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Humbler_359
12-05-2009, 04:21 PM
News seems focus on Pakistan ONLY!

Sir, There is NO allowing killing in Islam.

TRUE PAKISTAN PATRIOTS in fact are NOT kiling each other.

To clear misconception, it is not about Muslims killing Muslims !!

IT is small group of terrorists and sucide bombers are killing Muslims. They have no heart, no identify, no religion, no sincere person.

However, it is temporary wars. Good start to destroy these people coming from Afghanistan or trained by foreign countries ( in order to degrade Pakistan's power).

Not only Pakistan, happen to Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Palestine, South America...

Eliphaz
12-05-2009, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
News seems focus on Pakistan ONLY!

Sir, There is NO allowing killing in Islam.

TRUE PAKISTAN PATRIOTS in fact are NOT kiling each other.

To clear misconception, it is not about Muslims killing Muslims !!

IT is small group of terrorists and sucide bombers are killing Muslims. They have no heart, no identify, no religion, no sincere person.

However, it is temporary wars. Good start to destroy these people coming from Afghanistan or trained by foreign countries ( in order to degrade Pakistan's power).

Not only Pakistan, happen to Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Palestine, South America...
Sir, you are missing the whole point. Put your pride in defending Pakistan against some percieved media attack to one side and ask yourself - 'Is this about Islam or is this about power hungry warlords and innocent civilians?' Is this a problem we can solve by saying 'well these people are not Muslims so there' or is there something better you can come up with?

Yes, Islam is not a violent religion, we've all gone down that argument many times, but what can you and I do to solve this? Let's stop making excuses and complaining about the media being unfair, it is not going to change anything.

Tilmeez
12-05-2009, 09:19 PM
I normally refrain from posting in such threads. Being Pakistani and perhaps knowing most inside stories its better to keep quite.But I can't hold myself here, I just can't!

In our part of the world death of one person nerver means death of one person. Its death of, at least, five or more persons.As in most cases single victum is the only suppoter of a family of 5 to 10 people :'(.

This wave of bloodshade is because of me - an ordinary citizen. Once, in an interview, I was asked to comment, in one sentence, on our state as a nation and my reply was, "Markaz say doory mout haym"[Urdu] "Distance from Centre is death". And as a nation we have every bad thing in us. This is root cause of our current state.

My heart is crying that my brothers are being killed like sheeps and goats and I can't do anything. I can't even change myself. I am sad :'( Wallahi I'm sad.

we are folk of lions led by a handful of sheeps. And this is because of our deeds as a nation. This is perhaps our destiny unless we change it.

Its not about Islam, power or anythings else. Its about 107 billion lions who are acting like sheeps.

And I'm sure blood of these innocent people will bring reform in the lives of common citizens and to overall state of the nation, Inshallah.

I can see a bright future for my children,I may be dead in such a killing out situation, but they will live a peaceful life, Inshallah.

جوري
12-05-2009, 10:08 PM
imsad imsad

children too imsad imsad

Humbler_359
12-05-2009, 11:33 PM
:sl: Brother,

What is the best way for Pakistan and its people including you by solving this matters is Education (56% are currently illiteracy), fight Poverty, and improve Government systems (let protesters keep going).

Some of things need to be upgraded (Supreme Court, Police Stations/Security, People's Rights, and Economy).

I see it is still positive progress slowly than previous situations.

Supreme
12-05-2009, 11:41 PM
These animals aren't religious, because with religion comes a certain sense of honour. Pakistan is in a sorry state indeed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.