/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Awkward Moments

Pages : [1] 2

Beardo
12-05-2009, 04:47 PM
So let's take this thread to share our awkward moments...

So here's one I had just last week or so. We had guest sleeping over at our house. And I was walking down the hallway when the Uncle asked what time I come back from work. I found that odd, since I don't have a job, but anyway, I said "I come back from school at 11". I mean, he asked the question while looking at me. And after I answered, he continued to stare at me and then my dad said he was talking to him, not me.... :hmm: It was embarrassing and awkward.

Another one is sort of sad. We went to Boston, to visit my uncle, who unfortunately is cross eyed. So my brother and I were standing there, and he asked one of us how old we were. He was looking at me, but it seemed like his eyes were pointing towards my brother. So during the process of the conversation, my brother had to nudge me as to when he was asking me, and when he was asking him.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
12-05-2009, 04:54 PM
The last few seconds of this are what you call awkward. :uuh:

Beardo
12-05-2009, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Do you watch CollegeHumor? lol ;D I watched one or two episodes on YouTube, but some of them get too College-typish.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
12-10-2009, 11:39 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Another one is sort of sad. We went to Boston, to visit my uncle, who unfortunately is cross eyed. So my brother and I were standing there, and he asked one of us how old we were. He was looking at me, but it seemed like his eyes were pointing towards my brother. So during the process of the conversation, my brother had to nudge me as to when he was asking me, and when he was asking him.
;DBe ALERT next time!!;D

Herez one about my cuz whoz a 1st yr student in Madinah Univ...This happened during Hajj when there were lots of ppl from all ova the world..

I guess it was a very weird moment for my cuz when he was in the elevator with 2 women and they exclaimed ''Look how big his chest is'' seems as though they thought that he didnt know english..poor guy started to laugh;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslimprincesss
12-10-2009, 12:27 PM
lol u right err it was a bit scary& wired

Hayaa
12-11-2009, 09:15 PM
That was scarier than it was awkward =O..........

Alpha Dude
12-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Did you watch the last couple of seconds? After the logo screen appears, there's a little bit extra, that's where it gets awkward.

love_mawada
01-04-2010, 08:23 PM
gulp....awkward much...??

AlHoda
01-05-2010, 11:10 PM
I go through akward moments, practically everyday :lol:

Grofica
01-05-2010, 11:35 PM
ok so i am working nightshift (for right now) and my husband works dayshift (we will both be on the same shift again in a few days) anyway so he comes home to just make sure i am awake and im not late (im a heavy sleeper) and he nudges me to wake me (i had slept through the alarm again) and i said something but i dont remember what it was so he is like huh what did you say and when i said it the second time i woke up...

i guess when he nudged me i said "wait i have to get the finger prints from the other side of the table" i guess thats what i get for watching too much CSI.... (blushing)

He has been teasing me about that for like two weeks now.

AlHoda
01-08-2010, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
ok so i am working nightshift (for right now) and my husband works dayshift (we will both be on the same shift again in a few days) anyway so he comes home to just make sure i am awake and im not late (im a heavy sleeper) and he nudges me to wake me (i had slept through the alarm again) and i said something but i dont remember what it was so he is like huh what did you say and when i said it the second time i woke up...

i guess when he nudged me i said "wait i have to get the finger prints from the other side of the table" i guess thats what i get for watching too much CSI.... (blushing)

He has been teasing me about that for like two weeks now.
:haha: That must have been hilarious. ;D :wa:

Allaah Knows
01-08-2010, 03:01 PM
I don't do eye contact.

Teacher (having a moan for not having ID on me): Look at me when I'm talking to you.

Me: (Looking at comp) I'm doing my work sir.

Teacher: Look at me.

Me: Ok. I am.

Teacher: You're not looking at me. Look at me when I'm talking to you! (Raises voice in library, attracting everyone's attention)

Me: (Gone very red) I am! I'm looking at you. (I looked for a split sec then back at the screen)

Teacher: Miss, why do you always be horrible to me. Look at me! I am talking to you.

Me: I'm getting late. This is due in this lesson, please let me get on! (Bell rings, I log off and walk away while he stands there talking to himself)

That was awkward and all those who were there knew I don't do eye contact and even they were sympathising for me. I might have appeared rude but this man seriously has it in for us muslimahs, on our case all the time. Sheesh.

Allaah Knows
01-08-2010, 03:07 PM
So many more occasions where kufaar teachers knowingly make you mix with the opp gender and get all touchy feely. They know it's crossing our limits but they do it more. So in this case, it's good to be a rebel IMO

Cabdullahi
01-16-2010, 03:07 PM
My awkward moment was when i was flying and i had to sit next to a female and i hate that because im shy and i can't eat the way i wanna eat and i can't snore into a big bogey and inflate it and deflate it like a balloon when im sleeping.

so i ended up eating like i was brought up in Buckingham palace ....napkin on the lap, knife and fork ,touching the side of my mouth with tissue after every time i take a bite

then when it came to nap time i slept with my arms folded as if i was a sergeant and then i used those blind folds the old ladies use

it was very uncomfortable for me :(

abu salaahudeen
01-26-2010, 12:59 AM
A few brothers and I once slept in one (not with each other) room after all night islamic bayaan session and all of a sudden i hear someone letting off some wind and there was sheer silence after that for a few minutes and the awkwardness at that moment was a killer. We had to pretend like nothing happend but inside we were dying of laughter

Life_Is_Short
01-26-2010, 02:26 AM
Once an old lady asked me to que up in a line at the bus stop when everyone else was scattered around. I looked around and she left saying "i stick by my principals" and i said (in my head) it is impossile to imply this principal here because everyone takes a different bus. :uuh:

I have a habbit of reading the questions out loud when doing an exam paper so once i was studying at night and my sister spoke in her sleep "no this is not how you do it, you're suppose to divide". I didn't know what to say. ^o)

Yesterday (whilst sleeping) she asked me to pass her the stapler. I should have but it's dangerous. ;D

Banu_Hashim
01-26-2010, 02:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
My awkward moment was when i was flying and i had to sit next to a female and i hate that because im shy and i can't eat the way i wanna eat and i can't snore into a big bogey and inflate it and deflate it like a balloon when im sleeping.

so i ended up eating like i was brought up in Buckingham palace ....napkin on the lap, knife and fork ,touching the side of my mouth with tissue after every time i take a bite

then when it came to nap time i slept with my arms folded as if i was a sergeant and then i used those blind folds the old ladies use

lol, bro I feel for you, I really do!

syilla
01-26-2010, 03:19 AM
i think mostly teenagers and young adults are worried about the awkward moments... but when you're above 26...you don't care anymore :hiding: :p

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Sorry this thread is really funny lol
I cant remember any awkward moments to be honest LOL. . but surely ive had many :-\

BUMP!!!!. . . .

Ansariyah
07-04-2010, 10:52 AM

I was laughing so hard reading this, everyone gathered around my laptop to see wat tha heck I saw! lol

tango92
07-04-2010, 11:05 AM
after Isha salah i was sitting a couple of masalas away from the Imam (my previous teacher of many yrs ago), my current teacher was sitting behind him. i thought i would say salaam but the Imams son was talking to him. so i though i would say salaam to my teacher first. as i stick out my hand he grabs it and ushers it into the hand of the Imam first, who seemed to have finished his convo along time ago and was now looking at me in a mixture of disgust and offense.

im lucky i dont go red.

Masuma
07-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Asalamu Alikum Wr Wb!

It’s really a funny thread! :D
I had such moments too, many a times. And they were all like so embarrassing! :(

There was this neighbor (Ayesha Aunty) who came to our house one day. The time she came was actually the time when my sister used to return from her college. So I thought that my sister has come and went to the door.

I asked out loud, “kon” ( کون؟) as in “Who’s there”?
And she answered “Mein” (میں)

Now the real unfortunate thing was that she also had that light girlish voice like my sister and she totally spoke in her voice that day!
And as I used to joke a lot with my sister, I replied
“Mein knon? Bakri?” (میں کون؟ بکری؟) "Who me? A goat?" ;D

Now you people must be wondering where did that come from?! It’s actually that when you say “mein” in urdu and keep stretching the pronunciation as “meeeeiiiin”, it sounds like goat’s bleating.

So when I left no chances of earning myself a total embarrassment while calling her a GOAT, I heard embarrassed giggling from the other side of the door. :embarrass

So when I opened the door while having all this big grin on my face, to my utmost horror, it was not my sister but Ayesha Aunty. And believe me; I wanted to simply evaporate at that time! Or the Earth crust to open up and swallow me in! I think I was totally getting red….it was one of the most awkward moment I ever had in my life.

I mean can you believe that when someone younger than you would call you a GOAT?!

CosmicPathos
07-06-2010, 12:58 AM
One of the awkward situations I remember was when I was meeting my professor. He is usually well-groomed and well-dressed. So while talking, something flew out from his mouth and thank God it didnt fall on my face .... I felt awkward as to what my next step should be. Should I act as if I didnt see that or what. ... weird situations to be in

Ansariyah
07-07-2010, 11:10 PM
The most awkward thing that happens to me alot is when im walking n someone goes left when I go left, right when I go right, n when i finally let the person make the decision ...walks straight into me...'ina very wide spacious road' if I may add. Thats soo awkward!

JSTOR
07-13-2010, 11:06 AM
these are sooo imbarrasing especially the sis that was being forced to give eye contact..good on ya!! your not wrong its them thats in the wrong..keep strong .
My awkwardest moment would have to be goining into a giggling fit in assembly in a packed school...me and a friend went red...because we could not stop giggling......and the fact everyone was staring and bemused at this point made the laughter worse...........we had to litrually pinch ourselves...to stop...

Innocent Soul
07-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Now you people must be wondering where did that come from?! It’s actually that when you say “mein” in urdu and keep stretching the pronunciation as “meeeeiiiin”, it sounds like goat’s bleating.
Actually I know urdu and I laughed soo much at the way of your explanation that from where the word has come.

..because we could not stop giggling.
I just hate that situation. My sister could not control it and seeing that I also will loose my control. :D

Salam:)
07-14-2010, 06:34 AM
I was reading a book in class and I thought I was alone... and in the next page I decided to read out loud,
As I'm reading I heard some noise .. there was 4 students listening to me lol

And when I saw them I was like "Akwaarrd" lols+

marwen
07-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Every time when I get out the mosque, I find outside a lot of mendicants (poor people) asking for money, so I give them some sadaqa from time to time. But one day I get out the mosque after prayer. When I was outside, I found some old man, ordinarily dressed, and he was not a mendicant, but he was sitting on the floor so modestly and tending one hand for some reason I dunno (making dua perhaps, or just because he was tired..), But I dunno why It seemed to me he was asking for money. So I bended close to him and I gave him some little money. But when he saw the money in his hands he looked at me surprised and seemed to be offended, but after a while he smiled, then he returned the money to me and said : "No, no, I'm not a mendicant ! I'm just sitting here waiting for my son." So I was so embarrassed that I couldn't say anything, and I can't describe the color of my face at that moment. :offended:

~Raindrop~
07-17-2010, 01:23 AM
There was a time at school when my room-mate decided she wanted a sandwich. It wouldn't have been a problem, except it was past midnight.
Halfway through making her sandwich, she thought sweetcorn would taste better. Unfortunately, we didn't have a can-opener in the room so she started bashing the tin against her bed-post. I think we must have been REALLY tired because it seemed so funny at the time :ermm:
Of course, we heard someone running down the corridor. Unsurprisingly, it turned out we'd been heard by one of the teachers. By that time, all 8 f us had the giggles. The poor teacher that came to check was in her first few weeks of teaching too. She didnt know what to do with us!
She made us get out of bed and stand in the middle of the room (where, incidently, there was an open packet of bread, a knife, jam and a very dented tin;D). Nobody dared look at each other...until we started getting told off. It seemed ever so hilarious at the time. One of us suddenly gave an almighty giggle which set everyone off.
We ended up being taken downstairs to the main office and writing essays (the giggles still hadn't worn off). To top it all off, my friend was wearing what she called her 'granny nightie' ie verryyyyy long and flowery. We'd persuaded her to put it on, assuring her no one would see it. She wasn't too thrilled lol :giggling:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-25-2010, 09:52 PM
^That explains why your sooo Aggressive sistah

LOL i hate the geeky giggles theyre ever so embarrassing :D

Bintulislam
07-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Well,once I was in my school van when this senior girl called from back stretching out her hand with a bag of snacks "Hey,Have some.."Before she could even finish what she were saying I told her that I was grateful and really didn't need to have 'em and then she finished saying "nO,have these and pass on to my brother"---embarrassing---

Haya emaan
07-26-2010, 10:20 PM
after reading these i can exclaim loudly that i m not alone with whom things go wrong....:p

in last examzz i chose the very first seat so that i can be in distance from my friends... as i hate helping friends during paper...
Due to my habit i was recalling the answers loudly... suddenly i heard a huge shout in front of me.... "WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH YOU"
oh ma... firstly i thought the voice wasn't for me... but then i realized someone standing in front of me.. the question was repeated... i raised my head.. the invigilator was staring at me with his red face...not understanding the situation i started staring back... and after few seconds i realized that something has gone wrong... and so in an innocent voice i asked..."WHAT HAPPENED SIR"... he must have thought to send me out of the room but thanks God he understood the situation... i don't know how... i was gone nervous and didn't knew how to explain my habit to him...

i take naqab and that's not fair that teachers think i m trying to cheat them by taking benefit of it and helping my friends as they can not see my lips whispering

'Abd Al-Maajid
07-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Once my friend and I were stepping out of a bank and there were three women entering the bank in burqas [two were women and one was a girl]. My friend said to me, "Look, that girl staring at you". The girl was staring at me with her head down and her iris pointing at me. Surprised, I looked her back assuming that she might be cross-eyed. But she was not cross-eyed and she was really looking at me and then suddenly one of the women [possibly her mother] saw me looking at the girl [possibly her daughter]. It was so embarrassing moment for me, and I was put in a place where the girl was meant to be...:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-30-2010, 12:52 PM
^LOL

You mean Mean?
Or meant for you?

Geeky stories lol MashaAllaah :D

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-24-2010, 06:28 PM
:bump1:
Today I was crossing a road on my bike and suddenly a man on another bike came in front of me from the other side of the road (of course he was on wrong side of the road at the moment) and I shouted the 'f-word', out loud (I was scared then). It was not too late to realize that I acted stupid then and people were looking at me. It was an awkward moment for me. :embarrass

Yanal
09-25-2010, 12:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
Today I was crossing a road on my bike and suddenly a man on another bike came in front of me from the other side of the road (of course he was on wrong side of the road at the moment) and I shouted the 'f-word', out loud (I was scared then). It was not too late to realize that I acted stupid then and people were looking at me. It was an awkward moment for me. :embarrass

Try to avoid swearing as much as possible.

As for the thread: I have had quite a few awkward moments but I attempt to not remember them,so I cannot recall any as of right now but if one does occur,I'll be sure to post it on this thread,insha'Allaah.

Innocent Soul
09-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Assalamualaikum

Oneday in school our English teacher gave us her period to learn for maths (as tommorrow was maths test). I and my two classmates were sitting at the last bench. We were explaining the problems to each other suddenly my both classmates wanted to explain the problems I said if one girl will explain what is the need for her to explain again. But they were going on explaining the problem I got frustrated and shouted "what is the need to explain each problem ten ten times". And the class became quite I was just :omg: .Our teacher who was that and the whole class said my name together and the teacher smiled and kept quite :phew.That was my favourite teacher and she too liked me.:statisfie

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum . . . . . Finally i remembered an awkward moment:exhausted

Ok well i shall start :-\

Since were back to College/Uni/geeky business again

At one of my classes i have been attending, whenever i went to that class everyone would be leaving :-\ *i thinking i was on time*

Anyway i did this the second time since being back and i went it the class and everyone was leaving (again) :-\ and the teacher told me i should stop coming to the lesson at the last minute.

Anyways. . i got all geeky at the teacher :-\ for being geeky, i said to her that well lesson starts at "12.45" and she said no its starts "11.45"

Because the class starts at 11.45, i thought it started at 12.45, so basically i been coming to class REALLLY late :-\

Well yeah thats my awkward moment and i dunt even kno if what i just said makes sense but aah well, you read it!

So yeah thats my awkward moment :-\

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

Snowflake
09-25-2010, 03:14 PM
^are you supposed to be anywhere now? double check just in case :p

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Well i dont know if it was an awkward moment for me or not :-\

I was waiting for someone outside the class, and then someone else who was also waiting for someone outside the class room, for some weird reason they asked me :-\ "Are you waiting for someone?", and then i replied saying "No, i am waiting for someone" :-\, i realised later what i said and laughed lol

SO yeah

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

abdussattar
09-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Well I was riding my trusted o'l cycle and well :-\ umm well umm :-\ I just hit a guy... and that was VERY awkward.. really :-\

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Well it's always awkward when you give Salaam to anyone and he/she frowns at you and passes by without replying to your Salaam.

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-28-2010, 10:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdussattar
Well I was riding my trusted o'l cycle and well :-\ umm well umm :-\ I just hit a guy... and that was VERY awkward.. really :-\ :-\ :-\
Did he get hurt? LOL :D I dont know why but I burst into laughing when someone falls ;D

Hmm that smiley wont work for me.. :-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\
maybe you 'checked' the 'disable smilies in text' option.

abdussattar
09-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Did he get hurt? LOL :D I dont know why but I burst into laughing when someone falls ;D
I think I got hurt more :-\

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-28-2010, 10:45 AM

I think I got hurt more :-\
LOL you should be careful. Wear a helmet and kneecaps and always pray to Allah that He may return you back home unhurt.

abdussattar
09-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Wear a helmet and kneecaps
Eww...

Well it was just a minor, I didnt get any scratches or something.. I was MENTALLY hurt :cry:

Tilmeez
09-28-2010, 11:09 AM
I was MENTALLY hurt
You should seek medical aid immediately or as an alternate measure apply some Iodex on your hurt knee :X

Asiyah3
09-28-2010, 02:43 PM
When I was in second grade, I wasn't usually focused during biology lessons so once..

The teacher asked me in class "from where do we get light" and I answered "the lamp" :S. Obviously she meant the Sun. :S :D

S<Chowdhury
09-28-2010, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Runaway
When I was in second grade, I wasn't usually focused during biology lessons so once..

The teacher asked me in class "from where do we get light" and I answered "the lamp" :S. Obviously she meant the Sun. :S :D
^ haha ;D and milk comes from the supermarket :)....the most awkward moment in school must be when you call your teacher MOM :P......:embarrass

Asiyah3
09-28-2010, 03:18 PM

My language skill not being the best, at times I hear what people say to each other and my memory automatically learns it. I had heard many times a people greeting the other by using a word, let's call it "X". I didn't know the meaning and assumed it's just a greeting word like "Hi".

One day I visited my brother's restaurant and there was a worker there. In order not to seem impolite, I went inside to greet him and said the word "X".. And the man started to turn around himself and look around with a "Where are we?" face expression. He didn't answer back anything (was awkward at the time). My mom was just holding her laugher in and I heard what I had said when she was telling a lady about it.

X=Welcome
Ironically, the visitor/customer welcomed the worker.

Imaan
09-28-2010, 10:02 PM
I remember once in Saudi my mom wanted oranges n my dad went out to buy it. He asked the guy could he take one out of the sack, cut and taste it first uncase it was sour or dry. He blatantly refused even after my dad offered to pay for opening the sack n tasting one. In the end he grumpily budged and gave my dad one, it was sour n my dad said to me, 'this orange is just as sour as this guy' and my dad didn't know he cud speak english. OMG he was angry and he said it comes from your country 'south africa!!!!!!!'
I think this is our main problem rite, all of us that speaks english likes to talk about others that can't.!!!;D I did it toooooo many times...

abdussattar
09-29-2010, 07:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
apply some Iodex on your hurt knee
Hmm I was slow, that guy was slow.. noone got physically hurt...

tango92
09-29-2010, 08:49 AM
when i went for interviews at universities they gave us small lectures on the course etc. anyway i wasnt listening and at then end when he asked if we had any questions everybody was silent so i stuck my hand up an asked the very thing he had just finished explaining. then he embarassed me well.....

this happened twice on the same day. :exhausted:exhausted+o(:skeleton::hmm::heated::hid ing::nervous::shade::shade::shade::shade::shade::s hade::shade::shade::shade::shade:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-29-2010, 02:18 PM
^You guys have loasda awkward moments :-\

Geekz :-\

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-29-2010, 02:29 PM
^ University is a place where you experience awkward moments every now and then.:-\

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Well then "University" (big word) is really geeky :-\

tango92
09-29-2010, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
Well then "University" (big word) is really geeky :-\
how do you define geeky in your geeky dictionary? everything seems to be geeky to you :omg::omg:. so yeah:)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-29-2010, 04:37 PM
^Now that is defo a so called "Awkward Moment" for me and so there you go folks another "Awkward moment" story from myself :-\

tango92
09-29-2010, 04:41 PM
dont you mean another GEEKY awkward moment?!

i feel very awkward typing this hmmmmmmm :hmm:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-29-2010, 04:49 PM
^Yeah "geeky" :-\

Well i have an awkward moment, when you know someone and they say "Wa alaaykum Salam" to greet you :-\

Well i had one when i used to climb up stairs in my school days, when you get to the final step at the top, your thinking theres another step to climb and then you take another step and hit your feet real hard on the ground, and thats awkward and painful.

Or when your at a shop or somewhere where there are other people and you "think" your talking to your dear mother, and she goes off somewhere else to look at something and your still standing their talking thinking theyre still there and listening to you, and when you look back you realise shes not there, and everyone looks at you with a geeky face like this--> :-\, thats awkward

Well yeah thats a few "awkward moments" if remember, shall be sure to mention more :-\

S.Belle
10-16-2010, 07:47 PM
the most akward moment for me was when my mom and i went to meet this sister and her friend (who was not muslim)
and the entire time we are talking the non muslim lady is looking at me intently and then finally she asks my mom is she engaged or going to be married to someone. And my mom goes no and then the lady says well my son will like her he has like these list of things he wants his wife to be/have (by this time i want to just crawl under the table).
Then she pulls out her wallet and say here look this is his pic he is this he is that blah blah blah.
Now this is the first time I have meet this lady so I am shocked, embarassed, and just feel...AKWARD.
And I dont want to offend her by flat out saying no so I say ummmm is he muslim and she goes no.
and i basically exclaimed no way i cant marry him!! and the look on her face....gosh i could have died... :embarrass

serena77
10-16-2010, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Runaway

I really had to laugh.... i have high functioning autism, and so i take things very literally... sadly that also means i answer very literally at times and very dry even when i'm 'being jovial or what have you. So i have to say i probably would have answered exactly the same way, and meant it completely seriously :)

My most awkward moments.... i have two... neither are related to islam, but not all of these seem to be - the first was at the uni .... my bangs were driving me nuts in my eyes no matter what i did, but too short to get in a pony tail so i took a beard trimmer a friend of mine had... and went to cut in a straight line on my bangs.... and then MISSED ... shaved off one of my eyebrows.... half way. Now if my bangs were still long.. no issue but i finished trimming the bangs before i realized what i had done.... so .. everyone could see that i had done it. :(

the other thing was when i was really young.... i was about four.. we were at my parents best friends house and one of their mothers was also visiting. She was a large lady and apparently it was all in her waist. I looked at mom and asked if she was pregnant or just fat. Stage whispering.. not really whispering.... I still feel bad about doing that.

Serena

Innocent Soul
10-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Assalamualaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
Now this is the first time I have meet this lady so I am shocked, embarassed, and just feel...AKWARD.
How can anyone just go on talking to someone when we just don't know them. Don't they have any common sense how you will feel :raging: .

S.Belle
10-17-2010, 10:38 PM
^ apparently she didn't
but what I still dont understand is why she would even consider me to marry her son who is not muslim
and im a hajabi so its even more evident what my religion is... I know we muslim women are awesome :shade: but goodnes gracious
that was quite akward lol

Share your akward moment sis?

Innocent Soul
10-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Assalamualaikum

Alhamdullilah I don't have any awkward moments now :phew. Inshallah when they happen I will share them here. ;D

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Today I went to my university with two of my friends. We were walking out of the campus to take copies of transcripts and then I realized there were three girls behind us.(They were Caucasians.) Suddenly my friend yelled, "Caucasians!" as if he never saw them before. It was an embarrassing moment that I was walking with this pervert.

P.S. I am not a pervert. :)

Beardo
10-18-2010, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
Assalamualaikum

Alhamdullilah I don't have any awkward moments now :phew. Inshallah when they happen I will share them here. ;D
Who are you kidding? Everyone has awkward moments.
P.S. I am not a pervert. :)
Don't console yourself with lies.

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Don't console yourself with lies.
Are you aggressively telling me that I am lying?

S.Belle
10-18-2010, 04:42 PM
In 7th grade we had to take P.E and they (gym teachers) would make the girls and boys run seperate. Like boys run first while the girls sit in the middle of the gym and then the girls run while the boys sit.
So me and my friend were trying to trip each other I cant really remember why lol just being idiots.
Im running a bit fast to stay away from her but she finally sneeks up behind me and trips me and I end up sliding ( i mean like a whooossh slide lol) right in the middle of a group of guys. They were a bit surprised because they just looked at me like I had an extra eye and I had no clue how i went from vertical to horizontal so quickly so i just kinda layed there like what the fudge popsicles just happen until finally some of the guys start laughing at me and I snapped out of it....stupid american schools they should seperate boys and girls saves alot of people from embarassing and uncomfortable situations. imsad

Cabdullahi
10-19-2010, 10:53 PM
the most akward moment for me was when my mom and i went to meet this sister and her friend (who was not muslim)
and the entire time we are talking the non muslim lady is looking at me intently and then finally she asks my mom is she engaged or going to be married to someone. And my mom goes no and then the lady says well my son will like her he has like these list of things he wants his wife to be/have (by this time i want to just crawl under the table).
Then she pulls out her wallet and say here look this is his pic he is this he is that blah blah blah.
And I dont want to offend her by flat out saying no so I say ummmm is he muslim and she goes no.
and i basically exclaimed no way i cant marry him!! and the look on her face....gosh i could have died... :embarrass
Come on....roger milla stop fooling us you know the above didn't happen....

When i was tiny.....i had to do food technology in school but the boring part was washing the dishes....so i took my dishes one by one and put them near another guys work area...so i could leave early...but 2 weeks later my mum received a letter it said the following 'dear mrs Umm Abdullahii you're son never washes his dishes....he distributes the plates around the class room...mixing them with other students dishes...so he can run away :(

I was lucky that day because my mother just laughed...because she knows the exact same thing happens in her house

S.Belle
10-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Wallahi it did bro...sadly lol
would u stop with the roger milla its circle now!:omg:

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-20-2010, 08:21 AM
Wallahi it did bro...sadly lol
would u stop with the roger milla its circle now!:omg:
Yeah, I can see the avatar too....'The Circle'

Innocent Soul
10-24-2010, 02:32 AM
Assalamualikum

When I was at school our teacher was explaining. She asked me and some of my friends a question from a lesson which was old and I didn't remember the answer completely. She asked me and some of my friends we were just standing cause we didn't said the answer completely and waiting for the person who know the answer and the girl beside me said the answer. Then our teacher said her to sit looking at me. I don't know what happened to me I was going to sit and then my friends reminded me that our teacher said it to the girl beside me :exhausted. Then I stood up again, I said sorry to her. Then our teacher was staring at me as if I was a unknown creature who is sitting in the class :raging:. After sometime she said sit to me and all the girls who did not answered the question. I was feeling so awkward +o(.

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-24-2010, 02:46 AM
Assalamualaikum

Oneday in school our English teacher gave us her period to learn for maths (as tommorrow was maths test). I and my two classmates were sitting at the last bench. We were explaining the problems to each other suddenly my both classmates wanted to explain the problems I said if one girl will explain what is the need for her to explain again. But they were going on explaining the problem I got frustrated and shouted "what is the need to explain each problem ten ten times". And the class became quite I was just :omg: .Our teacher who was that and the whole class said my name together and the teacher smiled and kept quite :phew.That was my favourite teacher and she too liked me.:statisfie
Assalamualikum

When I was at school our teacher was explaining. She asked me and some of my friends a question from a lesson which was old and I didn't remember the answer completely. She asked me and some of my friends we were just standing cause we didn't said the answer completely and waiting for the person who know the answer and the girl beside me said the answer. Then our teacher said her to sit looking at me. I don't know what happened to me I was going to sit and then my friends reminded me that our teacher said it to the girl beside me :exhausted. Then I stood up again, I said sorry to her. Then our teacher was staring at me as if I was a unknown creature who is sitting in the class :raging:. After sometime she said sit to me and all the girls who did not answered the question. I was feeling so awkward +o(.
I assume your's to be a typical _____ classroom :X . Teachers giving up their study hours and asking students to stand [sometimes over the bench;D;D;D]....what an embarrassing days they were...PHEW!

shuraimfan4lyf
11-18-2010, 01:22 AM
I was at my friend's house earlier today and he told me that his fat chubby cat does something special. So he brought the cat and all of a sudden he put it on my lap. I was like Wat the...?!!!! Its a huge cat. The awkward part was when it came up to my ear and start sucking on it!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek:! :offended:It didnt bite it! Wallahi i was traumatized. He said thats his special talent.:confused::confused: By far thats the most awkward thing that happened to me in a long time.

Innocent Soul
11-18-2010, 02:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
I was at my friend's house earlier today and he told me that his fat chubby cat does something special. So he brought the cat and all of a sudden he put it on my lap. I was like Wat the...?!!!! Its a huge cat. The awkward part was when it came up to my ear and start sucking on it!!!!!!!!!!!!! It didnt bite it! Wallahi i was traumatized. He said thats his special talent. By far thats the most awkward thing that happened to me in a long time.
I always think how do anyone like anyone like the cat is licking +o(. I don't know how people trust their pets that they will not bite the guests. I like cats only outside the house not inside ;D

Revert 2010
01-22-2011, 07:13 PM
I suppose this is funny more than an awkward moment, I was with a friend walking through a train station when he was adamant it was a friend of his walking ahead so he ran after her, he must have made her jump 50 feet in the air and then she produced her Rail ticket. She thought he was a ticket inspector, plus when she turned around he realised it wasn't a friend of his.

Musalman
01-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Same happened to me one day.

elina
01-28-2011, 04:05 PM
a few weeks ago at work my boss was in a real grumpy mood.....he had just finished grumping at me for some reason he normally wouldnt have done and i thought he had walked away..... i started pulling daft faces to my friend who was on the other side of the machine without realising he could see me in the perspex guard around the machine....... fortunately he saw the funny side :phew

Cabdullahi
01-28-2011, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by elina
a few weeks ago at work my boss was in a real grumpy mood.....he had just finished grumping at me for some reason he normally wouldnt have done and i thought he had walked away..... i started pulling daft faces to my friend who was on the other side of the machine without realising he could see me in the perspex guard around the machine....... fortunately he saw the funny side :phew
not how a 40 year old would act

elina
01-29-2011, 09:09 AM
i know....i just dont seem to have ever grown out of silliness :s

Cabdullahi
01-29-2011, 11:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by elina
i know....i just dont seem to have ever grown out of silliness :s
but i think its cool....because...you will know how to entertain and interact with kids....something the older generation have forgotten about

nightingale
02-07-2011, 09:04 AM
My most 'awkwardest' moment was...

It was my first week at the University, where I was an international student. There was a campus tour arranged, all the freshers were taken in small groups and shown around the campus. My group's guide was a senior student with an American accent. After he finished explaining, he asked if anybody had a question, I asked him a question about a building , to which he replied "Yes, I have a girlfriend". I almost froze and blushed to the top of my head. My accent must have been so bad. I had to repeat my question word by word until he understood.

shakylla
02-07-2011, 10:27 AM
I was walking through a dark passageway when I heard someone calling out from behind. I turned around and saw this girl running towards me. She grabbed my hand so enthusiastically and smiled, looking at me like we had been best friends for years. A split second later, she realised that I wasn't who she initially thought I was (her face fell like a ton of bricks), let go of my hand, and apologised for confusing me with someone else. She then walked away as fast as she could, leaving me feeling utterly confused and weirded out.

This other incident didn't happen to me but to a friend of a friend:
She was standing in a really crowded train when it suddenly jerked, she lost her balance and while people in her situation would naturally grab at someone's arm or a nearby pole for support, she grabbed at a guy's nose. Obviously, the guy was pissed off.

Endymion
02-07-2011, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightingale

It was my first week at the University, where I was an international student. There was a campus tour arranged, all the freshers were taken in small groups and shown around the campus. My group's guide was a senior student with an American accent. After he finished explaining, he asked if anybody had a question, I asked him a question about a building , to which he replied "Yes, I have a girlfriend". I almost froze and blushed to the top of my head. My accent must have been so bad. I had to repeat my question word by word until he understood.
:haha:
I dont think the problem was with your accent,that guy was too much into girls thats why :statisfie
format_quote Originally Posted by shakylla
I was walking through a dark passageway when I heard someone calling out from behind. I turned around and saw this girl running towards me. She grabbed my hand so enthusiastically and smiled, looking at me like we had been best friends for years. A split second later, she realised that I wasn't who she initially thought I was (her face fell like a ton of bricks), let go of my hand, and apologised for confusing me with someone else. She then walked away as fast as she could, leaving me feeling utterly confused and weirded out.
OMG the same thing happened to me once,i was actually the girl who made the other girl confused,i thought she is my friend :embarrass
But after realizing she is not,i smiled and ran away :p

This other incident didn't happen to me but to a friend of a friend:
She was standing in a really crowded train when it suddenly jerked, she lost her balance and while people in her situation would naturally grab at someone's arm or a nearby pole for support, she grabbed at a guy's nose. Obviously, the guy was pissed off.
OMG :lol: That was hilarious.Next time i will read such posts after fastening my the seat belt :D I felt down after imagining that incident :giggling:

shakylla
02-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Endymion: Glad to have made you laugh! I was chuckling to myself while typing that post.

GuestFellow
02-10-2011, 02:51 PM
When I stalled in the middle of the traffic... :/

Faatin
02-13-2011, 05:36 AM
loool :omg: oh my....that is very awkward. I'm pretty sure once he understood your question clearly he was very embarrassed!
format_quote Originally Posted by nightingale

Aprender
02-13-2011, 06:14 AM
LOL! I love this thread!

~Raindrop~
02-16-2011, 11:18 PM
I think I've experienced a lifetime's share of embarrassment today.

I'd gone to our shop because I didn't want to walk home and knew my uncle would give me a lift as soon as he closed up. We came out and he told me that his car was parked round the corner, he was just closing the shutters. I couldn't see it anywhere. It's a kitted up Audi with that silvery white foil thing on it so it's kinda hard to miss, even in the dark. Went back to the shop, shutters closed, no uncle. Just stood around for a bit. Now which person in their right mind has 4 cars? And keeps changing them? :exhausted I thought he'd maybe brought another one into work. This car screeched up next to me and blasted the horn. The windows were all dark and it was obviously waiting for me to get in. So I opened the passenger door.

A skinhead stared back at me. I mumbled 'sorry' and legged it. Just then, my uncle decided to appear, laughing his head off at what had happened and telling me that he'd just known I was going to open the door.

That guy must have thought I was a very weird Niqabi who enjoyed opening random car doors. :phew

Ansariyah
02-16-2011, 11:42 PM
I went to this hair store to buy a leave in conditioner. When I asked the guy who works there for help he told me which one is the best. I wanted to try it with my hands to see wats it like but be4 I even could ask he slammed me with 'Sorry we dont have testers for this'. Feeling a bit disappointed I decided to get it anyway, while we were at the till. I asked him 'Can I smell it, I wanna know if it smells nice'? He says sure.

So I try to squeeze the bottle n guess wat, conditioner shoots directly at my face lol. The guys all worried, oh lemme get tissues. Talking bout awkwardness.

It smelled really nice btw.

GuestFellow
02-16-2011, 11:46 PM
When I had to read out a speech in front of the class...my legs were tremblings...I was starting at the paper and made no eye contact in front of the class. I could feel my face burning and at the same time, I had a strange urge to burst out laughing.

Another time when I had to do a presentation and one of the students asked me a question about the book...the teacher had to leave the class and I continued with the presentation...I said:

"Well Akonwo brother Knowee, was very upset with Akonwo for beating his wife because she had cut the banana leaf, the tribes customs were that one should never beat a wife for cutting a banana leaf because a banana leaf was sacred because it attributed to the Gods heavenly desires to impose upon the rest of the population a reservoir of fundamental love and power, because these ideas get adopted and transformed into the themes and settings of the book which is why the author himself did not understood the complexity of the cultural surroundings of Nigeria....''

^ I said something along those lines and the class was like... o_o

I still remember what I said...

Faatin
02-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Loooooooooool :giggling: this just made my night.
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
I think I've experienced a lifetime's share of embarrassment today.

I'd gone to our shop because I didn't want to walk home and knew my uncle would give me a lift as soon as he closed up. We came out and he told me that his car was parked round the corner, he was just closing the shutters. I couldn't see it anywhere. It's a kitted up Audi with that silvery white foil thing on it so it's kinda hard to miss, even in the dark. Went back to the shop, shutters closed, no uncle. Just stood around for a bit. Now which person in their right mind has 4 cars? And keeps changing them? :exhausted I thought he'd maybe brought another one into work. This car screeched up next to me and blasted the horn. The windows were all dark and it was obviously waiting for me to get in. So I opened the passenger door.

A skinhead stared back at me. I mumbled 'sorry' and legged it. Just then, my uncle decided to appear, laughing his head off at what had happened and telling me that he'd just known I was going to open the door.

That guy must have thought I was a very weird Niqabi who enjoyed opening random car doors. :phew
loooool :omg: that is rather awkward! At least it didn't shoot into your eye and blind you for a few moments...that would not have been very pretty.
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
I went to this hair store to buy a leave in conditioner. When I asked the guy who works there for help he told me which one is the best. I wanted to try it with my hands to see wats it like but be4 I even could ask he slammed me with 'Sorry we dont have testers for this'. Feeling a bit disappointed I decided to get it anyway, while we were at the till. I asked him 'Can I smell it, I wanna know if it smells nice'? He says sure.

So I try to squeeze the bottle n guess wat, conditioner shoots directly at my face lol. The guys all worried, oh lemme get tissues. Talking bout awkwardness.

It smelled really nice btw.
Lol...at the urge to burst out laughing. I'm quite sure if you did that the whole class would have thought u were mental.
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
When I had to read out a speech in front of the class...my legs were tremblings...I was starting at the paper and made no eye contact in front of the class. I could feel my face burning and at the same time, I had a strange urge to burst out laughing.

Another time when I had to do a presentation and one of the students asked me a question about the book...the teacher had to leave the class and I continued with the presentation...I said:

"Well Akonwo brother Knowee, was very upset with Akonwo for beating his wife because she had cut the banana leaf, the tribes customs were that one should never beat a wife for cutting a banana leaf because a banana leaf was sacred because it attributed to the Gods heavenly desires to impose upon the rest of the population a reservoir of fundamental love and power, because these ideas get adopted and transformed into the themes and settings of the book which is why the author himself did not understood the complexity of the cultural surroundings of Nigeria....''

^ I said something along those lines and the class was like... o_o

I still remember what I said...

GuestFellow
02-17-2011, 12:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faatin

Lol...at the urge to burst out laughing. I'm quite sure if you did that the whole class would have thought u were mental.

I usually burst out laughing when teachers yell at me. :embarrass

I like to laugh but sometimes I remember inappropriate things at the wrong times...or sometimes I interpret something innocent into something very inappropriate...

I love laughing...

Faatin
02-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Lool..yes laughing is fun at times..I guess o.O but goodness, you burst out laughing when teachers yell at you? :X you should practice and try to prevent that by like pinching yourself or something...sounds to me like teachers get really irritated of you lol.

I usually burst out laughing when teachers yell at me. :embarrass

I like to laugh but sometimes I remember inappropriate things at the wrong times...or sometimes I interpret something innocent into something very inappropriate...

I love laughing...

GuestFellow
02-17-2011, 12:54 AM
^ I'm not at school anymore but I still laugh in bizarre moments. When I was not practicing Muslim, a girl was telling me something very sad (car accident and someone dying) about her past life and I started to laugh because I remembered something really funny (my nephew throwing a wii remote at the television). She hated me afterwards. I feel terribly guilty.

One of my relatives came over and she showed a picture of her son in that black graduate costumer thing....I started to laugh because the picture had red eyes and had to leave the room. I thought my parents were going to plan a family execution when the relatives left...

Good news is that I'm getting better at controlling my laughter...

Faatin
02-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Bueno! Self-control is key =) InshAllah you'll get to that stage where you have full control. Even for myself there are times when I shouldn't laugh either but I do, and I can tell the person got offended and trying to explain my laughter would only result in making an even bigger fool of myself. Once I was paired up with this american guy in spanish class for an oral presentation...and his american accent with the spanish words..like :omg: I just burst out laughing every time he said a word..and I was laughing so much that he couldn't even finish his sentences, it was so awkward because every time I tried to stop laughing I laughed even more :X..but he was kinda laughing along also but rather nervously..But we both got A's Alhamdulillah.
^ I'm not at school anymore but I still laugh in bizarre moments. When I was not practicing Muslim, a girl was telling me something very sad (car accident and someone dying) about her past life and I started to laugh because I remembered something really funny (my nephew throwing a wii remote at the television). She hated me afterwards. I feel terribly guilty.

One of my relatives came over and she showed a picture of her son in that black graduate costumer thing....I started to laugh because the picture had red eyes and had to leave the room. I thought my parents were going to plan a family execution when the relatives left...

Good news is that I'm getting better at controlling my laughter...

GuestFellow
02-17-2011, 01:08 AM
^ I'm so glad I'm not alone...

Ğħαrєєвαħ
02-17-2011, 10:24 PM
^thats true indeed!

In my young school days i remember i was exactly the same unfortunately :-\

The problem was i would laugh for no reason, well for others it may have seemed that way :-\

I remember one time doing a presentation infront of the class, and having the paper in front of my face and really close to my face and speaking really quiet nobody could hear apparently :-\, but i would be laughing behind the paper and also because i had my friends in the same class we would all find it funny lol for some reason, the teacher would actually tell us to lower the paper so they could see our face. Them school days were the AWESOEME! but not sure if its classed as an awkward moment :-\

peace

S.Belle
02-21-2011, 07:12 PM
i have the same randomn laughing problem...gets me in trouble at times lol
When i was younger I used to laugh when I was in pain but that stopped when i had to have a tooth pulled and they gave me laughing gas
i just couldn't stop laughing from the gas and I knew that what he was about to do was going to hurt so i was laughing from nerves as well
i remember him looking at at me and saying "now im going to say something really funny now.......Coconut!"
and i thought to myself...coconut why did he say coconut at a time like this and i laughed and he pulled and then I was crying and laughing at the same time
then once that torture was done i had to go to the the grocery store with my mom so I was just walking behind her crying, occasionally laughing, and slobering bc my mouth was numb and I wouldnt let her wipe the drool away bc of what I had just been through so I was getting crazy looks from strangers the entire time we were in there.

LavaDog
02-21-2011, 07:28 PM
when I was in afghanistan we were doing security at a checkpoint when a family came by on some camels. I never seen one before so I ran up to pet one and it spit all over my face. the other soldiers and the family started laughing at me. I felt very awkward.

GuestFellow
02-21-2011, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LavaDog
when I was in afghanistan we were doing security at a checkpoint when a family came by on some camels. I never seen one before so I ran up to pet one and it spit all over my face. the other soldiers and the family started laughing at me. I felt very awkward.
...LOL

When i was younger I used to laugh when I was in pain but that stopped when i had to have a tooth pulled and they gave me laughing gas
i just couldn't stop laughing from the gas and I knew that what he was about to do was going to hurt so i was laughing from nerves as well
i remember him looking at at me and saying "now im going to say something really funny now.......Coconut!"
and i thought to myself...coconut why did he say coconut at a time like this and i laughed and he pulled and then I was crying and laughing at the same time
then once that torture was done i had to go to the the grocery store with my mom so I was just walking behind her crying, occasionally laughing, and slobering bc my mouth was numb and I wouldnt let her wipe the drool away bc of what I had just been through so I was getting crazy looks from strangers the entire time we were in there.
Laughing and crying lol? Haven't experienced that.

I was in my bedroom, curtains were closed, lights were switched off and I thought the door was locked. I was going to watch a movie on my laptop and did not want to be disturbed. The movie was loading, so I started to swirl around on my chair, raising my arms in the air and started to laugh like a maniac (I don't know why I did this).

My relative came in and I stopped...she didn't say anything and I think I scared her...she closed the door. :embarrass

Ğħαrєєвαħ
02-21-2011, 10:05 PM

you are geeky :-\

format_quote Originally Posted by LavaDog
You must have felt awkward typing it also :-\
...LOL

I was in my bedroom, curtains were closed, lights were switched off and I thought the door was locked. I was going to watch a movie on my laptop and did not want to be disturbed. The movie was loading, so I started to swirl around on my chair, raising my arms in the air and started to laugh like a maniac (I don't know why I did this).

My relative came in and I stopped...she didn't say anything and I think I scared her...she closed the door. :embarrass
That must have been extremely embarassing!

lol this thread is too geeky, continue...pleasee.....:-\

peace

~Raindrop~
02-21-2011, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by

My relative came in and I stopped...she didn't say anything and I think I scared her...she closed the door.
LOL this is hilarious!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
02-21-2011, 10:17 PM

LOL this is hilarious!
Yep it is! :-\

^o)

IbnAbdulHakim
02-21-2011, 10:39 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

from the top of me head

eating my cousins plate completely to see him come in and find it empty and then i find my plate full on the other side of the table.

calling a senior and respected auntie an Uncle due to talking to fast and getting too excited.

taking my brother in laws socks to school leaving him to go to work sockless, came back home and my sister goes "you didnt realise your socks were different?"

having an auntie over the phone ask "guess who" and replying "certainly a man!" truelly believing it to be so due to the masculine voice

I shall put more as i remember them inshAllah

S.Belle
02-21-2011, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
But what is awkward is when people stare at you if you dress as a muslimah or a muslim
agreed

I was in my bedroom, curtains were closed, lights were switched off and I thought the door was locked. I was going to watch a movie on my laptop and did not want to be disturbed. The movie was loading, so I started to swirl around on my chair, raising my arms in the air and started to laugh like a maniac (I don't know why I did this). My relative came in and I stopped...she didn't say anything and I think I scared her...she closed the door.

wow...lol sudden burst of energy?

My mom tried to tell me that I occasionally sleepwalk and supposedly we have conversations during this time but I dont remember any of it so I denied it.
But i believe her now bc I woke up in the middle of the night once and my light (which is halfway across the room) was on and I was standing in the middle of my room calling my mom it was so akward i didnt understand how it happened and I was embarrased for myself so I quickly just turned off my light and went back to sleep

GuestFellow
02-21-2011, 11:46 PM
wow...lol sudden burst of energy?

My mom tried to tell me that I occasionally sleepwalk and supposedly we have conversations during this time but I dont remember any of it so I denied it.
But i believe her now bc I woke up in the middle of the night once and my light (which is halfway across the room) was on and I was standing in the middle of my room calling my mom it was so akward i didnt understand how it happened and I was embarrased for myself so I quickly just turned off my light and went back to sleep
I'm not sure why I did that...I do random things.

Sleep waking? It sounds fun.

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-22-2011, 12:09 AM
...LOL

LOL you are funny.

S.Belle
02-22-2011, 12:59 AM
Sleep waking? It sounds fun.
fun?:ermm:
no its kinda scary/creepy..i mean theres no telling what could have happen and even if it is fun you want be able to remember anything that happened lol

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
having an auntie over the phone ask "guess who" and replying "certainly a man!" truelly believing it to be so due to the masculine voice
OHH thats...embarassing lol i would have hung up

~Raindrop~
02-22-2011, 01:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by
Reminds me of when we had guests from a different city. One of the ladies was really old, and she fell ill I think so she was lying down with a blanket covering her face.
I came home from work, saw someone lying down and could only see a bit of their scarf peeking out so I assumed it was my gran .(she has the same one) I went to her, said 'And who's lying here, then?' in an incredibly loud, sing-song voice and lifted the blanket off her face. I was too gobsmacked to do anything when I realised I was looking at a stranger. :phew

Wyatt
02-22-2011, 01:15 AM
I love this thread. It's hilarious, especially the one about saying "welcome" in the wrong setting.

I don't have any really interesting awkward stories, but I have noticed that sometimes I will tell someone something for a second time, and then later realised I already told them it before.

Then, I wonder what they were thinking as I was telling them and why they didn't stop me.

Also, sometimes someone will tell me something and then later, I will tell that person what someone told me... and it was them that told me.

Thankfully that happened once with a good friend of mine and she just said, "[Name], I'm the one that told you, stupid!" ;D

S.Belle
02-24-2011, 07:58 PM
Reminds me of when we had guests from a different city. One of the ladies was really old, and she fell ill I think so she was lying down with a blanket covering her face. I came home from work, saw someone lying down and could only see a bit of their scarf peeking out so I assumed it was my gran .(she has the same one) I went to her, said 'And who's lying here, then?' in an incredibly loud, sing-song voice and lifted the blanket off her face. I was too gobsmacked to do anything when I realised I was looking at a stranger.
bet the look on your face was priceless ;D

We went to the mall the other day and I saw a sister so I smiled at her and the look I got back was ):<
so I just looked away quickly but then we looked at each other again and I smiled like a darn cheshire cat and mouthed Salam Alaykum and got the same look.

Cabdullahi
02-24-2011, 11:00 PM

bet the look on your face was priceless ;D

We went to the mall the other day and I saw a sister so I smiled at her and the look I got back was ):<
so I just looked away quickly but then we looked at each other again and I smiled like a darn cheshire cat and mouthed Salam Alaykum and got the same look.
keep your eyes to yourself!

Ghazalah
02-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Lol! Don't worry I get it all the time, then I think to myself is there something wrong with my smile?! :confused: Insh'Allah we get ajr for our intentions :D

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-25-2011, 01:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
taking my brother in laws socks to school leaving him to go to work sockless, came back home and my sister goes "you didnt realise your socks were different?"
This is hilarious...;D

S.Belle
03-02-2011, 06:02 PM
keep your eyes to yourself!
I was just being polite and besides it is a right that a muslim has over another muslim...and my rights have been violated!!! lol jk

format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
Lol! Don't worry I get it all the time, then I think to myself is there something wrong with my smile?! :confused: Insh'Allah we get ajr for our intentions :D
well at least im not the only one lol
inshallah
I really hate when bros give salams and then they offer you their hand to shake :phew
(Stop it!!! to those bros that do it btw)

Zuzubu
03-02-2011, 06:07 PM
lol Belle, girls do that to me.

Well it was awkward to fall off a mountain (tried it once in Pakistan).

And ya it's sooo awkward when u forget ur school books.

Hannah.
03-03-2011, 11:37 AM
I can't speak Urdu fluently btw. There was this joke in my head that I found really funny so I decided to tell my uncles and aunties about it, and that too in Urdu. I thought I was talking perfectly but they didn't understand a word I was saying - I was the only one laughing at my own joke :|

karima
03-04-2011, 04:54 PM
everytime the men in my family in law wants to give me the hand and i refuge to take it. Because i am scared that maybe they will get offended by it.

Endymion
03-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Sigh,my life is full of awkward moments :cry: But i think they are just embarrasing when they happen :embarrass And when you recall your memory about them after some time,they make you laugh :D
So,here is one from those thousands happened in my life :D

We went for shopping in the evening and i was really excited becoz we always go for shopping in afternoon.The lights and the crowd every thing looks good to me.We had to buy a decoration piece so we stepped in a shop full of beautiful decoration pieces.There were some strange kinda things as well.I was looking at them and keep on makinng comments on them when i noticed a really weird show piece.It was a light gray spider hanging with a thread.I looked at it surprisingly and said.What,now this is funny,they even made a statue of a spider,how cute :statisfie and with my running commentary on that spider,i touched it and at the same time it start moving up :uuh: and i was like "Whaaooo it can move as well :bravo:

But then,i noticed something wrong :embarrass My mother was staring at me hardly and then She told me in a low voice.Stop it now,this spider is real,not a show piece :mad: I also noticed that the shop keeper was surprisingly staring at me :hiding: that was really embarrasing :embarrass

karima
03-06-2011, 04:22 PM
thi hi how embarrising

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-06-2011, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Sigh,my life is full of awkward moments :cry: But i think they are just embarrasing when they happen :embarrass And when you recall your memory about them after some time,they make you laugh :D
So,here is one from those thousands happened in my life :D

We went for shopping in the evening and i was really excited becoz we always go for shopping in afternoon.The lights and the crowd every thing looks good to me.We had to buy a decoration piece so we stepped in a shop full of beautiful decoration pieces.There were some strange kinda things as well.I was looking at them and keep on makinng comments on them when i noticed a really weird show piece.It was a light gray spider hanging with a thread.I looked at it surprisingly and said.What,now this is funny,they even made a statue of a spider,how cute :statisfie and with my running commentary on that spider,i touched it and at the same time it start moving up :uuh: and i was like "Whaaooo it can move as well :bravo:

But then,i noticed something wrong :embarrass My mother was staring at me hardly and then She told me in a low voice.Stop it now,this spider is real,not a show piece :mad: I also noticed that the shop keeper was surprisingly staring at me :hiding: that was really embarrasing :embarrass
HAHA...that made me smile...:)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Im not sure if this is classed as an 'awkward moment' but i just realised that cats dont blink, as humans it would hurt our eyes when trying not to blink for just a few seconds, just makes you realise the power and beauty of the creation of Allaah.

.. peace ..

Maryan0
03-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Im not sure if this is classed as an 'awkward moment' but i just realised that cats dont blink, as humans it would hurt our eyes when trying not to blink for just a few seconds, just makes you realise the power and beauty of the creation of Allaah.

.. peace ..
Really. I have staring contests with our cat all the time and I always win.:p
Salam

Raaina
03-17-2011, 08:40 PM
hmmmm awkward moments.

The first time I went abroad on my own. I was pretty home sick, so I thought i'd buy some credit and call home. In the middle of this shopping centre I suddenly burst into tears saying "I miss you mum, I wanna come home"

I didn't care at the time what was going on around me, but after i'd finished the call, :embarrass there were a few funny looks.

The best one I can remember was in Prague, I'd been hassled all day in the old town by people begging for money or wanted to sell me drugs. By the end of the day, I was hot, tired and grumpy and wanted to get to my room. So I stormed off the metro and some guy starts approaching me and starting to open his jacket, so I start waving my hands and say "no thanks no thanks" and go to walk round him, so then he blocks my path and I shout " I don't have any money and I don't want any drugs" and go again to walk off.

I then hear my friend calling after me saying, "he's a plain clothed ticket inspecter and wants to see your metro ticket"

Me: Oh :embarrass

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-17-2011, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maryan0
Really. I have staring contests with our cat all the time and I always win.:p
Salam
:-\ really? Well i tried doing the same, but my cat won :-\ not once did i see her eyes blink, she just looked really cute and i kept laughing and thus making her look and act more cute looking at me thinking like whats wrong with me :-\ ^o)

Maybe it is not common in all cats then :-\

Awkward moments are definetly when people stare at you for no reason!
Speaking of some awkward/funny type of moments, when my mother speaks to my cat like she is having a conversation with her and the cat replies back with something like "meow". It is quite funny i must say :-\

Beardo
03-19-2011, 01:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Yesterday (whilst sleeping) she asked me to pass her the stapler. I should have but it's dangerous.
LOLLL!! You should have given her an ice cube or something instead! Ugh. you have so much to learn... You let a perfect pranking opportunity let loose. Astaghfirullah.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-19-2011, 01:27 PM
^ You are digging up this thread, literally!

Ansariyah
03-19-2011, 06:23 PM
I got on the train wouldnt sit until I found the perfect seat (All to myself). Finally I found my seat so I sat down, a few stops later a guy comes sitting opposite me. This guy first says hi, I dont reply. He then thinks he can just sit there n stare at me. When he wouldnt stop starring I dig into my bag n get the biggest book I could find n place it right over my face pretending to read it.

After a few mins he *Clears throat* n goes 'May I ask u a Question'? I dont reply him. He repeats the Question again! I go 'excuse me'? He leans a bit back n goes 'is the attitude necessary'? I then reply 'I dont own u any explanation'! I get up get my stuff, he then stands in my way n goes ''no no dont leave the seat cause of me, I will leave''. But I wasnt only leaving the seat it was actually my stop n I had to get off the train. Finally he got out of my way, n I managed to get off the train *Pheeeew*.

Innocent Soul
03-20-2011, 07:25 AM
^ :clever:. I really think that the embarrassing moments we go through in the bus and train are really awkward.:giggling: I really hate it when when I was thinking something and suddenly I realize that we was staring at someone. :omg:

GuestFellow
03-20-2011, 02:38 PM
I got on the train wouldnt sit until I found the perfect seat (All to myself). Finally I found my seat so I sat down, a few stops later a guy comes sitting opposite me. This guy first says hi, I dont reply. He then thinks he can just sit there n stare at me. When he wouldnt stop starring I dig into my bag n get the biggest book I could find n place it right over my face pretending to read it.

After a few mins he *Clears throat* n goes 'May I ask u a Question'? I dont reply him. He repeats the Question again! I go 'excuse me'? He leans a bit back n goes 'is the attitude necessary'? I then reply 'I dont own u any explanation'! I get up get my stuff, he then stands in my way n goes ''no no dont leave the seat cause of me, I will leave''. But I wasnt only leaving the seat it was actually my stop n I had to get off the train. Finally he got out of my way, n I managed to get off the train *Pheeeew*.

All you had to say was hello. I've been catching the train for nearly 4 years now. <_<

You are going to get some people that will say hello or ask you for some help. Very rarely you will get someone that wants to talk to you.

If you get someone that wants to talk, don't ignore them. Some might respond angrily or start a confrontation. Just talk for a little and leave as soon as you reached your stop.

Reflections
03-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Arkward Moment...Wasn't something recent but still happened

In Madina, theres beggers around who follow you for money or a morsel of food, unfortuntaly my brother would get really ticked off when they would follow you and sometimes he would start shouting at them. You would have like sisters dressed in full niqaabs top to toe who would ask you quietly for money and if you tried and ignored them they would follow you and if you gave some money then others would come and expect the same.

I was walking with my brother and I asked him for some money to buy something I saw in the shop, he thought he'd have a laugh and play a little joke on me. He started treating me like I was one of them beggers :/ I put my hand out expecting some money and he was there telling me 'move, move!' and started walking off..so I followed him and told him stop acting so stupid and pass me some money please..he still wouldn't listen and this time there were a couple of stares..then he started walking further and I was fuming subhanAllah I wanted to throttle him there and then..eventually after a good 15 minutes he decided to give me money after getting a mini crowd of what my brother would have said or done to 'the begger'

Ansariyah
03-20-2011, 03:34 PM

All you had to say was hello. I've been catching the train for nearly 4 years now. <_<

You are going to get some people that will say hello or ask you for some help. Very rarely you will get someone that wants to talk to you.

If you get someone that wants to talk, don't ignore them. Some might respond angrily or start a confrontation. Just talk for a little and leave as soon as you reached your stop.
Does that include Dodgy people? I dont mind saying hi but sometimes people use that to get into conversations.
I trust my intuition. When I get the feeling like the person is upto no good I ignore them. Otherwise i'm approachable n I dont mind talking.

Beardo
03-20-2011, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faatin
Lool..yes laughing is fun at times..I guess o.O but goodness, you burst out laughing when teachers yell at you? you should practice and try to prevent that by like pinching yourself or something...sounds to me like teachers get really irritated of you lol.
I usually bite my lip as hard as I can, lol.

GuestFellow
03-20-2011, 04:21 PM

Does that include Dodgy people?

It depends on what you mean by dodgy. Looks can be deceiving.

I dont mind saying hi but sometimes people use that to get into conversations.
I trust my intuition. When I get the feeling like the person is upto no good I ignore them. Otherwise i'm approachable n I dont mind talking.
I personally dislike talking to strangers. We will never know the intention of a person. I treat all strangers the same. I do respond by saying hello. When they want to have a conversation, I let the other person do the talking and I simply listen. I rarely say anything. When the train stop, I quickly leave.

Ignoring them might make things worse...

Endymion
03-21-2011, 10:37 AM

You should learn something from me Yanoorah :D
When i was in College,i dont talk with Male students and always keep distance between me and them.Im not rude or something,i just dont like to be frank with fellow male students.One day,i was standing before the Chiller to fill the bottle for my friend who was sitting on a bench a little far from me.The other tap was free and i noticed that someone arrive and stand right beside me.I never knew that it can be a boy because he was lean and a little shorter than me but as i turned,i saw him standing with me and i got offended.I said him in a normal voice."What do you think im your Aunt so that you are standing beside me that frankly.Cant you wait for a minute so i left this place"??:mad:
The lean and short boy looked at me and said in a frightened voice,im just taking a glass of water,i did nothing :scared:
And suddenly my anger gone and i was like :hmm: and then :embarrass and i came to my friend who was almost rolling on floor coz she heard all that :embarrass
When i reached to home,i said this to my mom and she laughed at me so much and after that,she told me that you did not have to behave with fellow students in such a rude manner.But the most important thing happened after a few days was..........
I was on my way to the college lawn which has two gates.As i enter from one gate,i unintensionally looked at the other gate on the opposite side and that boy was standing there looking at me and he was like :scared: And as i looked at him,he turned back and ran away :embarrass:unhappy::omg: And that time,i was almost convinced to commit suicide,i was hell embarrassed :embarrass
But after a few years,when ever i recall my memories about that incident,his expressions make me laugh :giggling:
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
Arkward Moment...Wasn't something recent but still happened

In Madina, theres beggers around who follow you for money or a morsel of food, unfortuntaly my brother would get really ticked off when they would follow you and sometimes he would start shouting at them. You would have like sisters dressed in full niqaabs top to toe who would ask you quietly for money and if you tried and ignored them they would follow you and if you gave some money then others would come and expect the same.

I was walking with my brother and I asked him for some money to buy something I saw in the shop, he thought he'd have a laugh and play a little joke on me. He started treating me like I was one of them beggers :/ I put my hand out expecting some money and he was there telling me 'move, move!' and started walking off..so I followed him and told him stop acting so stupid and pass me some money please..he still wouldn't listen and this time there were a couple of stares..then he started walking further and I was fuming subhanAllah I wanted to throttle him there and then..eventually after a good 15 minutes he decided to give me money after getting a mini crowd of what my brother would have said or done to 'the begger'
:lol: And i thought only I face such sticky beggars and only I have such Nasty bros :giggling:

Ansariyah
03-24-2011, 10:02 PM

It depends on what you mean by dodgy. Looks can be deceiving.
Its so hard to explain wat I mean, but if u were to see it u wud understand. Its in the tone, the body language, the way one carries themselves, even the way they sit. The choice of words, the starring u know wat I mean?

I personally dislike talking to strangers. We will never know the intention of a person. I treat all strangers the same. I do respond by saying hello. When they want to have a conversation, I let the other person do the talking and I simply listen. I rarely say anything. When the train stop, I quickly leave.

Ignoring them might make things worse...
How?

You should learn something from me Yanoorah :D
When i was in College,i dont talk with Male students and always keep distance between me and them.Im not rude or something,i just dont like to be frank with fellow male students.One day,i was standing before the Chiller to fill the bottle for my friend who was sitting on a bench a little far from me.The other tap was free and i noticed that someone arrive and stand right beside me.I never knew that it can be a boy because he was lean and a little shorter than me but as i turned,i saw him standing with me and i got offended.I said him in a normal voice."What do you think im your Aunt so that you are standing beside me that frankly.Cant you wait for a minute so i left this place"??:mad:
The lean and short boy looked at me and said in a frightened voice,im just taking a glass of water,i did nothing :scared:
And suddenly my anger gone and i was like :hmm: and then :embarrass and i came to my friend who was almost rolling on floor coz she heard all that :embarrass
When i reached to home,i said this to my mom and she laughed at me so much and after that,she told me that you did not have to behave with fellow students in such a rude manner.But the most important thing happened after a few days was..........
I was on my way to the college lawn which has two gates.As i enter from one gate,i unintensionally looked at the other gate on the opposite side and that boy was standing there looking at me and he was like :scared: And as i looked at him,he turned back and ran away :embarrass:unhappy::omg: And that time,i was almost convinced to commit suicide,i was hell embarrassed :embarrass
But after a few years,when ever i recall my memories about that incident,his expressions make me laugh :giggling:
aww ur funny=D

Looks like u really scared the poor dude lol (Well done):p. I learned lots from u thnx=)

Ok I have another awkward incident

I went shopping I was in a very long queue I heard someone call my name. It turns out to be my friends brother, he gave me money n asked if I could pay for his things with mine so he didnt have to queue up. This woman in the queue goes 'can ur boyfriend pls get me another pair of these they are right there. She didnt want to lose her spot in the queue.

1: Calling him my boyfriend

Secondly: Asking someone she doesnt even know go fetch her things.:hmm:

GuestFellow
03-24-2011, 10:55 PM

Its so hard to explain wat I mean, but if u were to see it u wud understand. Its in the tone, the body language, the way one carries themselves, even the way they sit. The choice of words, the starring u know wat I mean?

How?

Yes, I know what you mean.

Well there have been times in the train and in town, where people get really offended when you ignore them. The offended person might start swearing and a few have gotten physically violent...

I'm just speaking from experience and I have seen it happen to others...

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

An awkward moment is when people look at you when you speak. :-\

Innocent Soul
03-25-2011, 08:22 AM
^ ^o) I always look at the person who is speaking to me.:D

Reflections
03-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Wa-Aalaykum Salaam..

I agree Pearls...I avoid eye contact with anyone..but when they speak and they stare straight in your face and you don't know whether to stare back or look around..that's arkward too.

Reflections
03-25-2011, 11:59 AM

Ok I have another awkward incident

I went shopping I was in a very long queue I heard someone call my name. It turns out to be my friends brother, he gave me money n asked if I could pay for his things with mine so he didnt have to queue up. This woman in the queue goes 'can ur boyfriend pls get me another pair of these they are right there. She didnt want to lose her spot in the queue.

1: Calling him my boyfriend

Secondly: Asking someone she doesnt even know go fetch her things.:hmm:
lol subhanAllah that's embarassing..reminds me of the time (again in saudi) when I was with my father and we were waiting in queue for the lift after maghrib, theres the hussle bussle of getting to the lifts as soon as possible so you can get all the good food for iftaar..I must have come to the hotel by myself because it was directly opposite Masjid Nabwi (saw).. and I must have wore a different niqaab or something and I was stood a little infront of my father and to the right from a little distance stood a man aged round 40-50 alone..and I turned round to speak to my dad and he was taken back when I called him..I asked what was wrong, he said '
first thing that came to mind was that I thought you were the wife of that man on the right,and I thought to myself- why is she turning round to talk to me... I didn't know it was you':exhausted

Human_Being
03-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Once being with a friend and thinkin that we see the end of the queue like so we go into it and this guy turns up we didnt see him at first but he was like "oi u" and started shoutin and swearin about us skippin the queue but we apologise and say we thot it was the end of the queue (we did cuz he looked like he was in the next queue) and he didnt believe us callin us "f-ing chancers" and makin a big scene in front of everyone we did go to the back we were goin back anyway as soon as we knew we made a mistake but i mean no need for that reactshun simple misunderstanding doesn't mean he had to shout and swear its only a queue space

GuestFellow
03-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Job interviews can be awkward.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-25-2011, 03:18 PM
^ ^o) I always look at the person who is speaking to me.:D
:-\ really? you shoudlnt do that!

Wa-Aalaykum Salaam..

I agree Pearls...I avoid eye contact with anyone..but when they speak and they stare straight in your face and you don't know whether to stare back or look around..that's arkward too.
lol i was messing, i wanted to know what you guys would say :-\, no really i did! :-\

But it does get awkward sometimes because, i just want to burst out laughing, its funny how they concentrate on you, thinking your listening to every word they say, how serious they are at that very moment and also how serious they think you are being at being 'serious', but really i just wanna laugh :-\ even though its not really a laughing matter to all those 'serious' people out there :-\

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Not an embarrassing or awkward moment but worth a share...
Today, while leaving from the office I headed towards my cab and noticed that there was a lady already sitting in the back seat of the cab. [it' kind of car-pooling.] So, I carefully kept my bag between her and myself and sat waiting for the cab to leave. After a while another lady was logging off and she had been not rostered, so she opened the door and was about to sit beside me. Just then my heart pounded. I was already sitting beside a lady and then...-imagine me sitting between two non-mahram ladies, Astaghfurullah.

The worst thing is, these kind of incidents are 'normal' here...:(

GuestFellow
03-25-2011, 04:11 PM
^ I dislike it when anyone sits near me on the train...even when there are other seats available. People get the wrong idea when girls sit next or opposite you.

Innocent Soul
03-26-2011, 09:38 AM
^ Alhamdulillah I have to sit beside lady strangers only.:D

Ghazalah
03-26-2011, 10:49 PM
The worst is when drunken old men sit by you and try and have a chit chat, while you're literally suffocating from their breath! +o(

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-26-2011, 11:01 PM
^never had that happen to me Alhamdulilaah

But what i have seen is a drunk man walking just outside the bus i was in a long time ago, waving his arms around , shouting geeky words that didnt make sense and what not. Somehow people in the bus found this hilarious, i found it awkward :-\

What i found 'sort' of found awkward is that i would always attend my lesson at college really late like 20-30 mins late. And the teacher would always say "Your not the type to come so late", but i did this many times she would always say it, maybe she forgot she mentioned it to me before , i didnt do this on purpose, the buses were packed every morning :-\, literally 2-3 packed double decked buses would be gone leaving behind students yet to take the bus :-\

.. peace ..

Reflections
03-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Public Transport can be arkward...alhumdulilah for family drivers and cars.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Workplaces can be awkward too...if you say so.

Today, after the lunch break I was going back to my training room. There is this girl in my batch who is so intrusive. Looking at me, as i didn't greet her she punched me and said, "you pretend as if you don't know me." I was speechless...:(

It's getting difficult at the workplace for me...:( Today I had to sit with two ladies...:'( the seat beside driver was already occupied...:'(

sherz_umr
03-28-2011, 02:21 PM
lol..i thnk she likes u..

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-28-2011, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sherz_umr
lol..i thnk she likes u..
Negative, for sure!

GuestFellow
03-28-2011, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid

Today, after the lunch break I was going back to my training room. There is this girl in my batch who is so intrusive. Looking at me, as i didn't greet her she punched me and said, "you pretend as if you don't know me." I was speechless...:(

Just say hello. A simple hello can solve your problems. Well for me it does. :p:

If she punches you, throw a sandwich at her.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Yep uktee, Public transport is definetly awkward. Alhamdulilaah i dont have to use the geeky service no more, it was a total mess, well in my case anyway :-\

Now the only person i can sit next to is an empty seat or in other words myself, someone that doesnt annoy me : D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-28-2011, 06:10 PM

It's getting difficult at the workplace for me...:( Today I had to sit with two ladies...:'( the seat beside driver was already occupied...:'(
Try to pretend you didnt see her at all and try running off elsewhere :-\

I dunno how you managed to sit between two ladies, i would have avoided the whole situation, and stand up, or unless the people make you sit, thats awful, i would get scared and get off the bus, subhaan'Allaah

If she punches you, throw a sandwich at her.
Really? :-\, that would just make it worse, a food fight perhaps :-\

GuestFellow
03-28-2011, 07:46 PM

Really? :-\, that would just make it worse, a food fight perhaps :-\
Just kidding lol.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Just kidding lol.
Indeed :-\ . . . . .

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-29-2011, 02:11 PM
*Headdesks* and *facepalms*

GuestFellow
03-29-2011, 04:08 PM
^ Call the paramedics...the desk is hurt. :(

marwen
03-29-2011, 04:30 PM
What's more awkward than to forget the name of a friend when you meet him after 5 years, and you don't want to tell him that you forgot his name ?
More awkward than that, is this : he gave me his phone number so I store it in my phone. So I was desperately trying to remember his name to store it with the number, while he kept staring at me. Finally I used a stupid trick, but it didn't work :
Me : "Not sure I'll spell your name correctly, how is it written ?"
HIM : "You stupid ! you forgot my name ! didn't you ?"

Ramadhan
03-29-2011, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
What's more awkward than to forget the name of a friend when you meet him after 5 years, and you don't want to tell him that you forgot his name ? More awkward than that, is this : he gave me his phone number so I store it in my phone. So I was desperately trying to remember his name to store it with the number, while he kept staring at me. Finally I used a stupid trick, but it didn't work : Me : "Not sure I'll spell your name correctly, how is it written ?" HIM : "You stupid ! you forgot my name ! didn't you ?"
This has happened to me a few times. it is awkwaaaaaaaard....!
No matter how you ask, they WILL know that you forgot their names,
so my trick is: I am putting in quickly their numbers in a way that they could not see what I was typing on the phone or the screen, I would make up any word as long as it's stored. Later, i would try to remember their names.

Tilmeez
03-29-2011, 05:39 PM
she punched me
You: Aaaaa You hit me on the broken rib.... fell down unconscious :X

Ghazalah
03-29-2011, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
You: Aaaaa You hit me on the broken rib.... fell down unconscious
Males seriously need to work on their comebacks! :giggling:

peace_maker
06-09-2011, 02:07 PM
I remember the time when a brand new mall was opened here. We were shopping in a hypermarket, when my brother pulled the fire alarm lever. And the whole market was ringing so loud that we had to scream to get our words passed. Thank God, the people were only startled and didn't start scrambling. :hmm: Everyone were staring at us as though we were runaway wanted criminals. :( I was glad I was wearing a veil, at least my face was not seen.

YusufNoor
06-10-2011, 12:24 AM
ooh, i have alot of these

i was working.

i had to go to the bathroom.

i got an add:on [unscheduled ride]

i figure, if they're quick i'm good.

i get there. they're NOT ready.

i wait 10 minutes [i'm dying now]

they FINALLY come out.

they need a child seat, which we keep in the trunk.

MAYBE it's my fault but...

when i close the trunk, it breaks!

it won't close.

i REALLY have to go now

we call a driver who lives close by but who is done for the day.

he'll take my car to the shop while i use his to finish the day.

IF he gets here quick, i MIGHT make it...

he doesn't!

i'm about to explode when he does arrive.

MAYBE i can...

NO i can't..;

i have to ask to use the bathroom.

it isn't pretty, in fact QUITE the opposite! +o(

can it get worse?

OH YEAH! :hmm:

push the flush handle...

nothing :exhausted

nothing :phew

nothing :raging:

and i have to leave...:hiding:

MAYBE...

they'll never forget me...:omg:

Innocent Soul
01-07-2012, 09:23 AM

sis muslimah
01-08-2012, 12:02 AM
i remember once in school i kept pushing the door and it wont open when a girl on the other side of the door said your suppose to pull it not push it :embarrass

Galaxy
01-08-2012, 05:59 AM
I have more than enough embarrassing moments, they all rush back into my mind when I want to go to sleep (I can't sleep now anyway). Not to mention embarrassing situations that never happen but your scumbag brain keeps on creating.

Beardo
01-08-2012, 07:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sis muslimah
i remember once in school i kept pushing the door and it wont open when a girl on the other side of the door said your suppose to pull it not push it :embarrass
That happens to me everytime.

One time, it happened to my friend. He kept pushing, and right on the door in big letters, it said PULL. loool Awks.

format_quote Originally Posted by Galaxy
I have more than enough embarrassing moments, they all rush back into my mind when I want to go to sleep (I can't sleep now anyway). Not to mention embarrassing situations that never happen but your scumbag brain keeps on creating.
LOL SAME HERE!!! I get SO ebarrassed just by past events that I can't even sleep. SubhanAllah, I thought I was the only one with super embarrassing moments.

Innocent Soul
01-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Please share :). Even if they are old one. Maybe because of them someone who's in a bad mood will smile and feel good. :statisfie

We don't what others are going through.

tango92
01-08-2012, 08:15 AM
i remember going for an interview at uni, well they gave us a few presentations to get the mood going or something. i wasnt listening - at the end when he said "any questions?" i didnt want him to feel bad so i put my hand up and basically asked him a question which was the whole point of his presentation.

this happened like twice throughout the day. and he embarassed me in front of everyone :D

ardianto
01-10-2012, 02:25 PM
My mother asked me to accompany her to her friend daughter wedding party. I asked her "When", and she answered "Sunday evening".

Sunday evening, we went to wedding party rode my mom car. On the way she told me, her friend daughter is Javanese, and she's getting married to Eurasian guy.

We arrived to the wedding hall and entering it. But we saw, the bride, the groom, and their parents are Chinese. I asked my mom
"You said, the bride is Javanese and the groom is Eurasian. But look at them, they are Chinese"
"Yes, and I don't understand why they become Chinese" My mom replied
"Do you know them?"
"No"
"Are you sure your friend daughter wedding party is in this hall"
"I am sure. The invitation card is in the car, I have read that.

We began to feel awkward because we did not know anyone there, but we kept giving congratulations to the bride, the groom, and ate the provided meals.

Back to car, I saw an invitation card in the glove box. I asked my mom "Is this the invitation card?". My mom answered "Yes". So, I took that card, read, and ... "Mom, the wedding was yesterday"

Reflections
01-11-2012, 04:51 PM
When you fall...in front of a group of brothers near by and have 2 wild children running crazy *awkward*:phew

Galaxy
01-14-2012, 12:05 AM
It was Grade 9 day and our high school bused us to some place for our field trip...it was a long and boring day and I slept in the bus...a loud noise woke me up, then I went back to sleep with my head tilted back and my mouth wide open and eyes half open. I woke up to four people laughing at me and I was able to laugh it off...;D but still.

sis muslimah
01-14-2012, 12:13 AM
when someone is waving at your direction and you think they are waving at you so you wave back and then realise the person is actually waving at someone behind you :embarrass

Who Am I?
01-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Most of mine involve women.. and sometimes alcohol*. That is all I will say at this time.

*Before Islam

Scimitar
01-16-2012, 03:15 AM
Reading everyone else's 'awkward moments' just made me feel................awkward!!!^o)

~Zaria~
01-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

I've had many awkward moments :hiding:......I guess in a way, even though we hate to admit it - these experiences usually serve to humble us, and keep us level-headed.....Alhamdulillah.

One that comes to mind:

I was in high school (that awkward, self-conscious time in ones life), and I was asked to give a talk in assembly about Eid-ul-Adha.
My aim was to completely by-heart my speech, and not need to refer to my thumb-notes at all.

So, on the day of the speech.....everything starts off pretty smoothly.....until I go COMPLETELY blank.....I couldnt remember a word further.....I just stared at the crowd, mumbling.....and they stared back at me, as if I was some queer creature on display :embarrass

To make matters worse, I had not been following my speech on my notes....so, I then had to start paging through my thumb notes, trying to find where I had last ended in the speech.
In those few minutes, I just wished the earth could open up and swallow me whole!

Yep, the kids definitley remembered me after that royal fail, lol!

Oh well.....
Lesson learnt: dont try to by-heart your talks......
Unless u are able to converse with the audience naturally, its bound to end up in stage-fright.......and wishing that you could do disappearing acts like Houdini :embarrass

Salaam

IslamicRevival
01-16-2012, 03:52 PM
This was like 10+ years ago, I nearly drowned when I was first learning to swim

At the time *:phew
Now? *;D

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-16-2012, 04:01 PM
When I was like 15 years old, I was at a swimming pool watching my friends swim and one of the friends pushed me into the pool. I acted as if i was going to drown in a pool with almost the depth of my height, 6ft. :phew All of them laughing at me saying that I would not have drowned in a pool of that depth anyway. :embarrassed I still dont know how to swim, I am hydrophobic. :phew

serena77
01-16-2012, 05:09 PM
awkward moment for me off the top of my head I was walking through my high school commons area in a large building and a LOT of kids were wandering around and i was wearing a long skirt and boots and all of a sudden... oops my boot slid on a pickle that had been dropped... just a slice of one. and my feet ended up out from under me and i hit the floor hard... 20 years later i can't forget that one....

two other big ones for me were at the university...
one... and i was about 24 or 25ish. i was in the dorm elevator heading up to the room where i was going to be ... I had JUST moved in .. .first semester i had a nice older indian lady ( think india not native america ) asked me if i was moving my son or daughter into the dorm ... i explained to her that i was the student but i KNOW my face was more shades of red than i had thought possible...

another time i was working in the music library since we had a huge, really good, music department .... and i had a student come up and ask me for a recording of a piece... we had all types from records to cd's ... i handed her the record and she asked me what it was and what to do with it. I was so embarrased because i just couldn't believe she didnt know and i felt so old for the same reason.
serena

Innocent Soul
01-17-2012, 08:18 AM
It feels so good :D after knowing that all the awkward things :skeleton: doesn't happen with you only. :statisfie

peace_maker
01-20-2012, 08:23 AM
I remembered this yesterday, when I visited my dad's office. And I felt nostalgic when I spotted a certain cabin... Okay, so here it goes. One evening, we were shopping and decided to take a break for prayer, so we stopped at dad's office.(which is in the same building) My dad was gone for prayer, and we prayed at the office itself. After praying, we were simply strolling around when we reached the boss' cabin. Every cabin has a big door(actually a window with the size of a door), that looks as if it has been never opened. And who would? Although, it had railings outside, they had big gaps in between, and looked scary. So, my sister wanted to see what happens if we opened it. :hmm: I was strictly against the idea and refused immediately. But I didn't know what had gotten into me, the next moment, I pulled the door open. :X As it opened an inch, my heart began pumping harder and tried pushing it back. But it didn't. I didn't want to see what happens if we pull more so, I didn't dare. Me and my sister both pushing the door back with all our might, hoping dad doesn't come back already and mom doesn't suspect anything from the neighbour cabin. We were constantly praying to God. As we helplessly pushed, I wondered if the door will break and what if we fell off? Just then, I heard the same words from mom from behind. :skeleton: The only things rolling in my head at that time was that WHY THE HELL DID I PICK BOSS' CABIN?! And then suddenly, the door pushed back and locked. I was so happy, me and sister jumped away from that evil door and ran away from the cabin, shuting it good! It's been a year now, and still I don't understand why I did that when I had no intention to do so. :?

Who Am I?
01-20-2012, 04:13 PM

Good thing you didn't open that door, peace_maker. There was probably some Lovecraftian horror in there that was going to suck your brains out. ;D

I hope not to have an awkward moment of my own this weekend. I won't go into any more details than that...

peace_maker
01-20-2012, 08:11 PM
^Now, that makes sense. :hmm: I must have got hypnotized by that "lovecraftian" thinggy. ;D

Who Am I?
01-20-2012, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker
^Now, that makes sense. :hmm: I must have got hypnotized by that "lovecraftian" thinggy. ;D

'twas probably a shoggoth. Some of them have paralyzing gaze. Best thing is to just run as soon as you see one. You won't win a fight with them.

(I have played way too much Call of Cthulhu lately)

peace_maker
01-20-2012, 08:54 PM
^I'll keep in mind to "run" next time. ;D

Riana17
01-21-2012, 05:25 PM
My memory is so bad, I couldnt remember so much awkward moments, except last month, I deleted wearing heels then I wore them again but I forgot my pants is widely open so the pointed heels drag my pants and I fall down in audience (they are the OPerations manager and clients), alhamdollellah there wasnt pain & I stand and recover like a beauty queen lol

Although I have bad memory, I cant forget one of the most EMBARRASSING (not awkward) moment of my life, I was Grade 3 something and my not ideal grandmother never really teach us good manner, infact she even tell us or atleast show us taking other's things. So with long story, she sometimes dry the spoiled food under the sun and cook it again and fed us. I remember we have to divide the egg for lunch at school. Sometimes if we hav cash whether from working or gift, she would take from us.

Story isnt very clear to me (i really have bad memory) but one day I was so hangry and saw money (like 1$) at my teacher's bag and took it and immediately bought lots of food and eat. Ofcourse teacher found out later and the whole class, IT IS SO EMBARRASSING in every sense... cant forget this, seriously I pray all the parents will watch over their children and guide them properly, dont let others take care of them except themselves if they can... IT WAS SO EMBARRASSING, so embarrassing, I dont know what happen next but lol I graduated 1st in the class lol??? did the teacher forgiven me or was it justified, I dont knowwww, all i know it was so embarrassing and I will never forget

Scimitar
01-22-2012, 08:03 PM
I do a lot of facepalms... but this is a good thing. A facepalm can stop you from doing something really embarrassing. You just have to know when to stop / catch yourself / then follow up with facepalm...

The facepalm move is like pressing the record button in your memory bank. You learn a lesson before the lesson gets too tough, and embarrassing... and you never forget a facepalm haha ;D

Scimi

Paprika
01-27-2012, 01:44 PM
One very dark, fat class girl asked me out in front of the whole class, christian girl. I wanna go out with you, I'm like why??? Cos I like you, Well I don't like youuuuu, I said. Oh you hurting my heart, and you are hurting my eyes...+o(

Mil, mil ke yehi kali kaluti mili mujhe, chi chi astaghfirullah.
Pyaar ke naam se vishwaas utgaya hai mera....

Who Am I?
01-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Sten, is that you?

Reflections
01-28-2012, 01:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Paprika
One very dark, fat class girl asked me out in front of the whole class, christian girl. I wanna go out with you, I'm like why??? Cos I like you, Well I don't like youuuuu, I said. Oh you hurting my heart, and you are hurting my eyes...+o(

Hmm..So you had to mention the 'fat' part.

Innocent Soul
03-04-2012, 03:41 PM

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-04-2012, 03:43 PM
^ Why dont you share some incidents? :p

marwen
03-04-2012, 03:49 PM
^ Why dont you share some incidents?
you want to laugh at others !!

why don't you share some of yours ?

Al-bint
03-04-2012, 06:26 PM

i am quite accident prone, so my most awkward moment was when I fell from the stairs at college. The highlight of this incident was that the guys from my class were climbing up the stairs at the same time while i was climbing down. Wait! The awkward part hasnt arrived yet! since I don't talk to guys and they are sorta afraid of talking to me, when i fell down the stairs, they standing next to me just kept standing...! they din't move, dint try to help(coz they are afraid of me) just went on staring.... that made the moment REAL AWKWARD for me. Now, when I finally tried to stand up; my bag, my abhaya were so messed up that i fell down again !
May Allah protect me from such an incident happening again!

Innocent Soul
03-05-2012, 02:33 PM
^ That was very awkward :heated:. My family members often say me that I am the only person does so much crazy things in our family. :nervous: One of the examples is listed below. :skeleton:

Once I and my siblings went to public place were function which was held by a school. I and one of my sis went to a little shop at the corner and we bought a milk shake bottle (not pure milk) it was closed with a cork.

So the man opened the cork with his opener. My sister handed over to me as she had to pay the money.

Suddenly something happened to me +o(. The bottle fell down and I spilled milk on the table. :omg: Then we picked it up :heated: and thanked God :hmm: that only some part of the milk wasted. :hiding:

noorseeker
03-05-2012, 05:25 PM
I was giving a takeout to a lady and i said thank you SIR, well i she was quite tall with short hair

oh the look she gave me:raging:

Scimitar
03-05-2012, 05:55 PM
As a kid, in nursery - I didn't know how to ask the teachers if I can go to the toilet... I couldn't speak English at that time and only spoke Gujurati lol.

So this is what I done - I copied what kids do in masjids when they need to go loo. Hop on one leg and point to the toilet in the hope that the teacher would get it.

Everytime I look back on this memory, I see the template to my life... FACEPALM. I just don't get "it".

Scimi

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-06-2012, 02:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noorseeker
I was giving a takeout to a lady and i said thank you SIR, well i she was quite tall with short hair

oh the look she gave me:raging:
One day, at work I was talking to one of my clients, and it was a lady with a masculine voice. :p I took her NTID and said, "Thank you, sir." I said her 'sir' couple of times and she said to me, "Dont call me sir, I am a lady." :p And I said to her that I found her voice masculine so I presumed her to be a man.
That was very awkward. lol She wa not angry though. :p Infact she was laughing telling this to her colleague.
P.S. All this happened before I saw her account details...otherwise I'would have called her with her name...:-\

Veiled
03-06-2012, 03:00 AM
My older sister and I look exactly alike even though we are 4 years apart. The day we went to dinner at her in laws to be house, her father in law mistook me for my sister and started "teasing" me about my brother in law. OMG, I didn't know if I should bust out laughing or die of embarrassment

lol, I chose to die of embarrassment ::faints:: til someone pointed out I was the younger sister...then he died of embarrassment :P

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-06-2012, 06:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ya7ya
Weird :hmm:
mistake hogay zak bhai!

an awkward moment..

Snowflake
03-15-2012, 12:32 PM
This is the die of shame - and then die again moment of my life

I was at a friend's house larking about with her younger daughters. It'd been ages since I'd done a head stand, so I thought I'd try it then. I was half way upside down in the middle of the living room floor when her brother walked in :heated: I dunno who was more embarrassed, me or him..

Endymion
03-15-2012, 12:37 PM
You didn't put any warning before this post like "Fasten your seat belts before reading" :heated:

ROFL .........

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-15-2012, 12:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dying rose
this is the die of shame - and then die again moment of my life

i was at a friend's house larking about with her younger daughters. It'd been ages since i'd done a head stand, so i thought i'd try it then. I was half way upside down in the middle of the living room floor when her brother walked in :heated: I dunno who was more embarrassed, me or him..
lol! ..........

Scimitar
03-15-2012, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dying Rose
This is the die of shame - and then die again moment of my life

I was at a friend's house larking about with her younger daughters. It'd been ages since I'd done a head stand, so I thought I'd try it then. I was half way upside down in the middle of the living room floor when her brother walked in :heated: I dunno who was more embarrassed, me or him..

... For everything else, there's mastercard ;D

Snowflake
03-15-2012, 03:56 PM
lol guys.. :omg: it was enough to make everyone's heart stop for a few seconds as I came back down to earth the right way round and silently cursed the moment I'd decided to test my gymnastic skills.

Who Am I?
03-15-2012, 06:10 PM
I have done the mistaking men for women and vice versa on the phone thing many times. A lot of my job has me on the phone all day, so it's not uncommon to have one of those calls per day.

My sister looks really young, but she is in her 30's, married, with a teenage stepson. She was out with him one day and one of his friends thought she was his girlfriend. ;D

Periwinkle18
03-15-2012, 07:09 PM
omg where was this thread :p hmm can't remember any awkward moment rite now can't stop laughing at the head stand post :p

Al-bint
03-16-2012, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Paprika
Isnt she supposed to be a human being? I understand you don't like her but... Its just that i don't like ppl being racist and as a muslim its unacceptable! The girl din't have a choice of her colour or her looks!

Wasalaam

*Yasmin*
03-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Once I heard a car honking outside our home, I thought it was my dad, I thought he forgot something and went back to take it from home. I looked from my room's window and called hey dad dad dadddddd I'm up here what do you need. and then my brother's friend looked from the car's window saying salam 3lekum :hiding: (my brother's friend owned a similar car to my dad's even with the same color:\\ )

Snowflake
03-16-2012, 10:31 PM
^Lol. At least you got confused cuz the car was similar. Once I put my shopping in the taxi, went to put the shopping trolley back and came back and jumped into the wrong car. I was surprised the lady didn't start screaming with fright lol.

YusufNoor
03-19-2012, 02:20 AM

for work, i drive people to and from Doctor appts. there was this woman who freaks out and gets nasty if she is in a group ride, which is more than 1 destination and/or pick up. everyone dreaded taking her and she always complains to the parent company that we work for. after some contemplation, i realized it could be ptsd.

so one day i am picking someone up from her building, but i couldn't remember her name...

so this woman comes out and gets in the car. i turn to her and said, "i have to pick up someone else." she simply replied, "OK"

i breathe a huge sigh of relief. and then...in a momentary lapse of reason, i say, "Thank God. there's this woman who lives here that freaks out every-time she is in a group ride."

"Oh, that's me!' she says...

:hiding::hiding::hiding:

i recovered quick though...

"ptsd?" i asked. she said yes. i told her i was picking up a guy and asked her if she wanted to sit up front, she did. when i picked up the guy, she opened her window. [i now know that this is a sign. women don't generally say that they've been raped and have ptsd.] the guy in back said it was getting kind of cold, but i let her keep the window open.

talk about foot in mouth disease though...

:wa:

Jalal~
03-19-2012, 03:52 AM
does anyone feel awkward saying assalam alaykum to people who are already in a conversation? There aren't that many people that attend Isha, so everyone is already in their small group and it just feels weird giving my salams. some dont even reply back, they just shake my hand and continue talking with there friend...

ardianto
03-19-2012, 03:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jalal~
does anyone feel awkward saying assalam alaykum to people who are already in a conversation? There aren't that many people that attend Isha, so everyone is already in their small group and it just feels weird giving my salams. some dont even reply back, they just shake my hand and continue talking with there friend...
It's happen everywhere. In my place too.

Jalal~
03-19-2012, 03:59 AM
well whats the best way to handle the situation?

ardianto
03-19-2012, 07:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jalal~
well whats the best way to handle the situation?
I let them in their activities and I did what I wanted to do alone, like perform salah sunah, zikir, read qur'an.

Who Am I?
03-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Oh, I have a great awkward moment of mine from years ago that I just remembered. But I'm not sure whether or not I should post it here since it involves alcohol and a golf cart... :hmm:

Endymion
03-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Cough it out and we'll see :p

marwen
03-19-2012, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
But I'm not sure whether or not I should post it here
May be you should do, if you want to experience a new awkward moment.

Who Am I?
03-20-2012, 02:47 PM

This happened about 7 years ago, long before I knew anything about Islam. That's your disclaimer. Read the rest at your own risk...

After an epic night of partying, a friend of mine and I decided to go visit the local golf course and play a round on a Sunday morning. Or I should say, he was going to play and I was going to drive the cart around. Anyway, we were both still drunk and high from the night before, but of course it seemed like a good idea at the time.

So after a few mishaps during the trip there, we finally arrived and with some difficulty, managed to unpack the clubs and load them on the cart. My friend was about to tee off when I realized that I had left my glasses in the car. I wasn't going to be able to see anything without them, so I told him to play on and I would meet him down at the next hole.

So I stumbled my way back to the car and after some drunken fumbling, I got my specs and locked the car door back without losing my keys in the process. I wandered back to first hole, and there was the golf cart, still sitting there. I was glad to see this as I didn't have to walk all the way down to the second hole. The golf clubs were still in the back of the cart too, which was a little odd, but I figured that my buddy just took his driver and putter with him for convenience.

So I sat down in the cart, turned it on, and floored it... in reverse. Oops. I put it back in drive and started moving again, but by this time, there were two guys running towards me shouting. I thought maybe I had hit something with the cart, so I stopped and waited for them to catch up.

One guy had a golf club in his hand, and he looked very angry. I suddenly felt a lot more sober and contemplated just flooring it to outrun them, but I didn't. The guy got closer, and closer, and finally I could make out what he was yelling.

"What are you doing? That's my golf cart!" the guy was yelling repeatedly, with an angry look on his face. His friend that was with him had an annoyed look, and both of them had golf clubs in their hands. I really didn't fancy getting beat to death on the golf course, so I tried to offer an explanation once they got close enough to hear me.

"My friend left this cart for me. I left my glasses in the car. I'm going to catch up to them on the second hole," is what I said in my mind, but being drunk still, it probably didn't come out quite so clear. The guy stopped for a minute and looked surprised, like he didn't believe me.

"You what? That's my cart, man!" He repeated again, the angry look returning to his face. Suddenly I really felt sober now. I looked behind me at the clubs on the cart. They were not the clubs of my friend, after all. I looked around at the rest of the cart. This was not the same cart we had started in.

I couldn't do anything at this point except mumble a drunken apology. "Oh... yeah... sorry..." I got out of the cart and just stumbled away. The guys yelled something at me again, but I ignored them this time. I was done for the day. Done with this course, done with life, done with everything. I just wanted to disappear at that point.

I didn't want to walk all the way down to the hole, so I just went back to the car and took a nap. I later woke up and had to take a drunken leak, but I didn't want to go all the way back to the clubhouse.

But that was another awkward moment...

Hulk
03-20-2012, 04:09 PM
A friend and I were attending a class together(Islamic Subject) and being our enthusiastic selves(and because its easier access) we sat right in front. So the teacher was talking about the benefits of Ramadan etc and sometimes he would expect us to complete the sentences for him. So anyway my friend here completed one of his sentences and it turned out that he was totally talking about something else. The teacher continued talking as per normal but my friend and I were cracking up real bad. The people behind probably saw us vibrating vigorously because we were trying our best to contain our laughter.:exhausted

Snowflake
03-29-2012, 02:06 PM
So I sat down in the cart, turned it on, and floored it... in reverse. Oops. I put it back in drive and started moving again, but by this time, there were two guys running towards me shouting. I thought maybe I had hit something with the cart, so I stopped and waited for them to catch up.
LOL!

Reminded me of when I worked in the same place as my mum, and during lunch break, I decided to sneak off with her car to buy some snacks. Only, not yet an experienced driver or a qualified one for that matter, I reversed it into a truck and smashed the rear lights. I was petrified and parked the car exactly where I'd moved it from. After work we came out and mum noticed the broken lights. Thank God mum was no Sherlock Holmes though cuz she didn't notice that there was no debris on the ground. Then she let rip at the 'perpetrator' with curse words, and all the while I thought, 'she's actually saying that to me' lol. I had to stand there and look innocent until she calmed down. It was two years later when I knew 100% that I was safe, that I finally admitted the truth. :embarrass

Who Am I?
03-29-2012, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dying Rose

LOL!

Reminded me of when I worked in the same place as my mum, and during lunch break, I decided to sneak off with her car to buy some snacks. Only, not yet an experienced driver or a qualified one for that matter, I reversed it into a truck and smashed the rear lights. I was petrified and parked the car exactly where I'd moved it from. After work we came out and mum noticed the broken lights. Thank God mum was no Sherlock Holmes though cuz she didn't notice that there was no debris on the ground. Then she let rip at the 'perpetrator' with curse words, and all the while I thought, 'she's actually saying that to me' lol. I had to stand there and look innocent until she calmed down. It was two years later when I knew 100% that I was safe, that I finally admitted the truth. :embarrass
When I still lived with my parents, I ran into the garage door once. I woke up late for work, and in my panic and haste to get ready, I jumped into the car and reversed it... only to hear the sickening crunch of metal and wood a few seconds later. I pushed the button on the garage door opener, but I had forgotten in my panicked half-asleep state that it didn't work anymore and had been disconnected. I was supposed to manually open the door first. :hmm:

Yeah, I couldn't really hide that one from the parents. That was an awkward call back to my work to explain to them why I couldn't get out of the garage and thus couldn't make it to work that day.

Not to mention the call to Mom and Dad at their respective jobs.

But at least they have garage doors that work now. ;D

Insanely.Krazii
03-29-2012, 05:16 PM
:haha: Some of these are way too funny.

A couple of years ago, my Quran teacher came to visit me for the first time at my house. She was outside next to the pool talking with my mom and theres a glass sliding door that seperates the house from the pool. My mom had cleaned it that day so it looked see-through. Well, after getting all dressed up (i wanted to make a nice impression) I began running towards her and didn't know the glass door was closed. I crashed into it and both my mom and my teacher stared at me. I stumbled back and tried to laugh it off and explain what happened but they couldn't hear me since the door was still closed. After noticing I looked like an insane idiot, I turned and made a dramatic exit, but instead tripped on my little brother's toy. Lol at that point I broke down and started crying and it took my mom a long time to calm me down. Until now, whenever I'm near a glass door, I have to stick my hand out and feel for confirmation before moving.

Who Am I?
03-29-2012, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insanely.Krazii

A couple of years ago, my Quran teacher came to visit me for the first time at my house. She was outside next to the pool talking with my mom and theres a glass sliding door that seperates the house from the pool. My mom had cleaned it that day so it looked see-through. Well, after getting all dressed up (i wanted to make a nice impression) I began running towards her and didn't know the glass door was closed. I crashed into it and both my mom and my teacher stared at me. I stumbled back and tried to laugh it off and explain what happened but they couldn't hear me since the door was still closed. After noticing I looked like an insane idiot, I turned and made a dramatic exit, but instead tripped on my little brother's toy. Lol at that point I broke down and started crying and it took my mom a long time to calm me down. Until now, whenever I'm near a glass door, I have to stick my hand out and feel for confirmation before moving.
At least you didn't break the door. I have heard stories and seen video of people walking through a glass door and cutting themselves up really bad.

Insanely.Krazii
03-29-2012, 10:08 PM
At least you didn't break the door. I have heard stories and seen video of people walking through a glass door and cutting themselves up really bad.
Yeah true, that would've been awful. Lol if that happened, I would've just drowned myself in the pool.

Hulk
03-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Haha krazii I have seen someone walk into a glass door before and it is quite amusing!

I just remembered another awkward moment from my teen years. It was during the exam season in school and all the classes on our floor were doing their math exams. I was doing my paper when I finally decided that I had to go to the restroom, all the while with the paper on my mind. Anyway, after I was done in the restroom I made my way back to my class. I noticed that the invigilator had changed as I walked in. I was looking for my seat when I realised that the students had changed as well. Apparently I had walked into the wrong class and everyone was staring at me including the invigilator, all I could do was say "eh!" and then I walked back out of their classroom.:phew

After the exam that day my friends from that class and I had a good laugh about it.:statisfie

Who Am I?
03-30-2012, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Haha krazii I have seen someone walk into a glass door before and it is quite amusing!

I just remembered another awkward moment from my teen years. It was during the exam season in school and all the classes on our floor were doing their math exams. I was doing my paper when I finally decided that I had to go to the restroom, all the while with the paper on my mind. Anyway, after I was done in the restroom I made my way back to my class. I noticed that the invigilator had changed as I walked in. I was looking for my seat when I realised that the students had changed as well. Apparently I had walked into the wrong class and everyone was staring at me including the invigilator, all I could do was say "eh!" and then I walked back out of their classroom.:phew

After the exam that day my friends from that class and I had a good laugh about it.:statisfie
I was in class once at uni and I grabbed what I thought was my backpack to get some paper and a pencil out.

I knew it wasn't my backpack when I found a gun in there. :hmm:

I managed to put it back on the floor without anyone noticing...

Insanely.Krazii
03-30-2012, 06:59 PM
it is quite amusing!
Its funny for the viewers, not for the one experiencing it :P

I knew it wasn't my backpack when I found a gun in there.
Crap! I would've panicked and threw it away then run around the room screaming "there's an assassin amongst us!"

Hulk
03-30-2012, 07:35 PM
lol it would have been funny if you still thought it was a pencil and you tried writing on your paper by shooting.

Who Am I?
04-01-2012, 03:47 AM

Crap! I would've panicked and threw it away then run around the room screaming "there's an assassin amongst us!"
lol it would have been funny if you still thought it was a pencil and you tried writing on your paper by shooting.
I totally should have done either or both of those things.

I also could have walked out of class with a new gun that day...

:nervous:

Insanely.Krazii
04-01-2012, 12:51 PM
I also could have walked out of class with a new gun that day...
:eek: And do what with it?

Have you ever used a gun before? I used to take BB-gun lessons.

ardianto
04-01-2012, 02:23 PM
When I was a brat teenager, sometime I put my friend handguns in my car. But we never shot these guns, it could became a big trouble for us.

But later when I studied in university, I always carried another kind of weapon that called "Love Dagger" by the youth. However, other people called this love dagger as ..... hairbrush.

No wonder, as a guy who often got attention from the girls (:rollseyes), I must always care with my appearance. Sometime my friends asked me why I always carried hairbrush everywhere, I and told them "Going out from the house without hairbrush makes me feel like go to the battle front without weapon". :D

One night, I rode taxi to back to my home, and I sat beside the driver. On the way I saw the taxi driver always watched my belly and he look scared. I look at my belly and saw something that stood out from under my leather jacket. That's my hairbrush, but the taxi driver assumed that's a handgun. I let him assumed like this.

Arrived in my home, the taxi driver told me "sir, you don't need to pay full, just .....". Then he took the money and left me as fast as he could.

Who Am I?
04-01-2012, 04:11 PM
:eek: And do what with it?

I have shot a BB gun before. ;D

I live in a gun-crazy part of the US. Just about everyone I know has multiple firearms. I don't even own a BB gun anymore.

Scimitar
04-08-2012, 03:17 PM
screaming "there's an assassin amongst us!"
... that, I gotta see ;D arms akimbo, frantic... I can just imagine. :D

This is not one of mine, but I have to share it...

A beardless wealthy person invited a Moulana for meals.

After meals he brought his small baby and asked Moulana to make duaa. When the Moulana took the baby in his arms the baby cried. The wealthy person cynically remarked that the baby was scared of his beard. Very nonchalantly and casually the Moulana said
"no he can never cry because of my beard for the Sunnah does not induce fear it inspires calm (pause) The baby is crying because it is confused as to how he can have 2 mothers in this house. Insha Allah the father will grow a beard henceforth!"

I almost fell off my chair when I read that last line... mastercard cannot compete with that one. Nyehs :D

Snowflake
04-08-2012, 03:43 PM
^LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Rofl

Endymion
04-08-2012, 06:36 PM
My eye sight and my listening is good Alhamdulillah but when people try to show me something far away like, "look,behind that tree the green gate.." something like this,i am completely unable to find the objects.Also,when people talk too long on phone,i am unable to get them after 10 minutes but i found a really nice solution for this problem.When people show me things far away,im like,"yeah,thats good really" :p :hiding:

So,it happened when a college fellow who was a college van fellow as well,tried to show me her school behind the masjid and acting upon my smart solution,i did my yeah yeah thing.When she showed me the school building (which i never seen),she started telling me about her home.I didn't even listen to the full sentence and said,"yeah,i can see your house now,its good really" :statisfie but then i noticed she was staring at me surprisingly :omg: and then she said,"How can you see my house from here,im telling you you'll see it when the van enter inside the lane" :hmm:

And i was like,"Oh ahaha,right" :embarrass

CosmicPathos
04-08-2012, 06:50 PM
ok this one is without music. I just dont know what he was thinking. Did he have a tremor and a spell and ran into the door?

IslamicRevival
04-08-2012, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
ok this one is without music. I just dont know what he was thinking. Did he have a tremor and a spell and ran into the door?

He looked around before bulldozing through, looks deliberate to me.
Must've had a bad day or somethin...

CosmicPathos
04-08-2012, 07:25 PM
must be a civil engineer. bulldozing and creating architecture with his own body.

Hulk
04-11-2012, 11:36 AM
When I was 7-8 years old in the mid 90s I was absolutely in love with the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, especially the Green Ranger who's secret identity's name was Tommy. I liked him so much that one time in school when the teacher gave us some worksheets to complete I filled the name column with "Hulk bin Tommy"

(i didnt actually write hulk, i wrote my real name)

Apparently it shocked my teacher, she called up my mum to talk to her about it. At the time I thought it was cool, but now I realise how silly it was!

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
04-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Tommy?? pffft.

All about Trini Kwan. SABERTOOTHTIGER!!

Attachment 4775

looooooool ;D

tango92
04-11-2012, 05:47 PM

What sorcery is this?

Who Am I?
04-12-2012, 05:42 PM

I used to like the Pink Power Ranger, because I thought the girl was cute. :embarrass

Story time:

I was maybe 6 or 7 when I was school clothes shopping with Mom in the mall. She picked out a pair of pants and told me to try them on. Well I had never been clothes shopping before, and didn't know about changing rooms, so I just dropped my shorts and started putting on the pants right there in the store.

A few seconds go by and then I noticed everyone staring at me strangely. I didn't think anything of it and waved to everyone while continuing to put on the pants. ;D

Later of course Mom had to explain to me why everyone was looking at me weird, and then of course I was embarrassed about it (but it was too late then). :embarrass

Jedi_Mindset
04-12-2012, 06:43 PM
I took free rides in a carrousel without knowing that i needed to pay, being young is soo innocent...;D
although one time they caught me

Insanely.Krazii
04-12-2012, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
What sorcery is this?
Lol.

and then she said,"How can you see my house from here,im telling you you'll see it when the van enter inside the lane"
And i was like,"Oh ahaha,right"
:haha: Thats so embarassing! The same thing happens to me ALL the time! Some people talk tooooo much and in the middle of the convo I just tune them out lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.