/* */

PDA

View Full Version : UN hits back at Climate Skeptics

Supreme
12-06-2009, 12:18 AM
The UN's official panel on climate change has hit back at sceptics' claims that the case for human influence on global warming has been exaggerated.

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) said it was "firmly" standing by findings that a rise in the use of greenhouse gases was a factor.

It was responding to a row over the reliability of data from East Anglia University's Climatic Research Unit

Leaked e-mail exchanges prompted claims that data had been manipulated.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8397265.stm

The climate skeptics will relish these leaked emails and treat them as sacred, but I'm pleased the UN is doing something about it. Here's hoping Gordon Brown will do everything he can to get a deal about the climate at Copenhagen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
12-06-2009, 08:55 AM

Amadeus85
12-06-2009, 01:12 PM
The Global Warming - the new religion of western people, the sign that many of westerners turn into paganism (as they care often more about nature than other people, not to mention God).
Ecology - new trend among celebrities and Hollywood stars.
I wonder where is now Al Gore with his disaster theories (who got Noble prize for this), why sudennly people stopped talking about global warming and began talking about "climate changes" ?
My opinion is that the all global warming and ecology stuff is just a doctrine of political circles who simply lost their idea for further existence in politics. Because in earlier times the same ideological circles wanted to fight against capitalism, then against patriarchal society, then against racism and xenophoby and sexism. Now as they won minds of the westerners they dont have any reasons for further existence. So they made up a theory of global warming, simply to prove that they are still needed.
Of course in civilization where idols are Paris Hilton and Lady Gaga, people bought this new fashion without thinking. The trend is cool because celebrities support it, no other proofs are necessaery!.
I dont buy this eco-craziness. In year 2025 no one will remember about it. Now let the societies have their play and feel that they do something important.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.