/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed

AnonymousPoster
12-06-2009, 04:06 PM
:sl:

i am an 18 year old boy and i cannot read the quran or read any arabic. i tried hard at a young age but it wasnt working because i was forced and wasnt interested at the time, wish i regret. but i am interested in the quran now. but i feel ashamed and embarassed in all the mosques i go to. to try and read because everyone is younger than me and i dont know anything.

What should i do to accomplish my wish to recite the quran?

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
12-06-2009, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

i am an 18 year old boy and i cannot read the quran or read any arabic. i tried hard at a young age but it wasnt working because i was forced and wasnt interested at the time, wish i regret. but i am interested in the quran now. but i feel ashamed and embarassed in all the mosques i go to. to try and read because everyone is younger than me and i dont know anything.

What should i do to accomplish my wish to recite the quran?

:wa:
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, trust me my brother many of us have been in the same position as you. I myself was forced to go and learn when I was younger and was'nt very interested and plus i was'nt even taught properly. Then when i was around 16 I learnt properly from a scholar with proper Tajweed (correct pronounciation).

One of my friends who is 28 just started learning how to read Qur'an now and i can give you MANY examples of people who have started reading Qur'an MUCH later than you.

Your still very young and it is shaythan who is trying to put you off by telling you that your too old to learn but thats absurd and you should NOT listen to the evil and deceptive whisperings of shaythan for he is just wanting to put you off and unfortunatley many people your age and older have also put off learning to read the Qur'an for the very same reason.

The younger you are the better it is trust me my brother because you have a fresher mind and can soak up things better, so i would advise you NOT to listen to the evil and deceptive whisperings of shaythan and go and learn proper Tajweed from a reliable person in the Masjid or anyone that teaches Tajweed. Within 6 months you would have learnt how to read the Qur'an properly inshallah and then you can read the sacred words of Allah how beautiful would that be? Keep that dream in your mind and NEVER hesitate to learn the beautiful words of Allah!

So to accomplish this dream you need to defeat yourself(your desires) and resist the whisperings of the one who wants to see your downfall and destruction!

Keep your goal in mind and your goal is to be able to beautifully recite the sacred words of Almighty Allah!

Look at the rewards you will get for reciting each letter of the Qur'an:

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever reads a letter of the Book of Allah will be credited with a good deed, and a good deed gets a tenfold reward. I do not say that Alif-Laam-Meem is a letter, rather alif is a letter, laam is a letter and meem is a letter.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2910)

Subhanallah! These rewards can be yours in just a few months but all that is required is your effort and determination!

You have got it in you and Allah is wanting to help you achieve this but first you need to help yourself so do as I have advised and Allah will help you do the rest.

Rabi'ya
12-06-2009, 10:22 PM

brother, start learning now. find yourself a good teacher and attend a class if you can inshallah. I am 25 and I am still learning. at first i felt a little scared coz I thought I;d be the only one and the oldest one who couldnt read arabic. but in actual fact there were many others who were in exactly the same position as me. its a good boost and u will learn quickly inshAllah as you are young :) In actual fact I was the 3 youngest one in the class!!!

aadil77
12-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Brother there are arabs who cannot read arabic because they lived in the desert for most of their lives with no access to education. Its never too late you're only 18, theres nothing to be embarrassed about, think about reverts who are grown men having to learn it much later in life.

Just go for it, if you feel embarrassed about learning with kids then find some adult only classes or pay privately to get a teacher to come to your house

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
12-06-2009, 11:49 PM
what can you do? the first thing is get rid of the embarassment, you have nothing to be embarassed about and if you keep thinking that then youll never start. find out if there are adult classes in your masjid or even ask knowledgable brothers to give to private lessons if there arent, but dont feel ashamed!
there are also a lot of things online like listening to recitation or practice of the letters and their origins that you can do alone in learning. i would advice to not solely learn online if you can get someone to help you

Ansariyah
12-07-2009, 12:03 AM
your 18 n feel ashamed? I wonder wat the grandmother who completed her Quraan at the of 82 would say to this...

Probably be :ooh:

People seek knowledge for diff reasons, some do it to show off, some do it wit sincerity n Allah loves sincerity. MashaAllah u seem sincere thats all that matters.

I think u need an up'beat lively teacher to cheer u up as u learn, make sure u find a teacher that encourages u.

Innocent Soul
12-07-2009, 04:08 AM
Assalamualakium
Whenever you feel ashame then think about the reward.May Allah help you to read,learn and teach Quran.:statisfie
Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.