/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Wisconsin, America

Misty
12-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Hello everyone.

Thank you for having me on your forum :statisfie

I would just like to say that I think the history and culture of the Islamic people is very honorable by the standards of any religion. I will mention briefly that I do not think you are represented fairly in the media or the modern world. Of course, discussing that here will have no positive benefits for any of us, so I will move on to more positive things.

I do not know much about the Qur'an, but I have learned some interesting things about the legacy of the Islamic people. For instance, the great value that Islam has placed in education and cleanliness. At 29 years old, never in my life had I heard how the advances in medicine made by Islamic doctors benefited all of mankind.

Again, thank you for having me. I would like to learn about your culture as it is today, and the obstacles that exist to mutually respectful discourse between Islam and "western" society.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
12-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Welcome aboard Misty! Feel free to ask any questions that cross your mind about Islam and/or Muslims.

Insaanah
12-06-2009, 05:30 PM
A very warm welcome to you Misty :)

I hope that you learn lots more about Islam and Muslims on the forum, and make many friends!

Peace.

Misty
12-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Thank you both so much. :statisfie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Misz_Muslimah
12-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Hello Misty,
Hope you have a great stay :)

جوري
12-06-2009, 09:19 PM
:welcome: aboard misty .. I love Wisconsin cheese -- rivals the best of them..

we hope you enjoy your stay with us.......

Donia
12-07-2009, 01:47 AM
Welcome Misty. :)

Hope this forum will be beneficial to you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.