/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marriages without istikhara

Insecured soul
12-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Salaam alaikum guys

Can anyone tell me what all problems you get if you get married without doing istikhara? does it end in divorce?

i need to know pros and cons for my understanding

jazak allah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
12-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Wa'alaikum Assalam

Istikhara is non-obligatory, so it's not a requirement or obligation to perform before marriage, but it's highly recommended. Istikhara is only to ease a believer by helping him make a decision between two matters of which would be best for his future and iman, eg. getting married to so-and-so, or not.

Also, anything could better someone's iman, even divorce, so it can't be said that divorce wouldn't occur even if istikhara was to be performed.

Does that help?

Fi aman Allah
wsalaam

Rabi'ya
12-06-2009, 08:33 PM
mashAllah nice reply sis Charisma

Insecured soul
12-07-2009, 01:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Wa'alaikum Assalam

Istikhara is non-obligatory, so it's not a requirement or obligation to perform before marriage, but it's highly recommended. Istikhara is only to ease a believer by helping him make a decision between two matters of which would be best for his future and iman, eg. getting married to so-and-so, or not.

Also, anything could better someone's iman, even divorce, so it can't be said that divorce wouldn't occur even if istikhara was to be performed.

Does that help?

Fi aman Allah
wsalaam
Yes it does and it is said marriages are made in heaven is that true in our religion?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
12-07-2009, 02:27 AM
In a way, yes. Everything is predestined and nothing occurs without Allah's permission. Therefore, whoever you marry can only and is only willed by Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala.

Rabi Mansur
12-07-2009, 03:26 AM
:sl:

Can anyone tell me what all problems you get if you get married without doing istikhara?
Could someone explain to me what is istikhara?

شكرا

syriana
12-10-2009, 06:23 PM
theres a sticky thread on the top when you go in to advice and support... you could read about it there.

ahmed_indian
12-12-2009, 08:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rabimansur
:sl:
Could someone explain to me what is istikhara?

شكرا
:wa:

istikhara is a 2-rakat prayer with dua to seek Allah's help for a decision.

http://www.islamicacademy.org/html/D..._Istakhara.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.