/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some questions regarding beauty

White Rose
12-07-2009, 01:37 AM
:sl:,
I have a question that might seem self centered but I would like to ask it to clear my mind since it has been bugging me for quite a while.
In heaven, it is said that Allah will do whatever a person wishes. Does that include making oneself more beautiful than they already are? I know that feelings of temptation will not exist but if a person wants to become more beautiful than they were in the world, would that wish be granted?
Thank you for your opinions.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
12-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Allah says that he will grant every person what they desire. This should suffice us. What we should be doing (and this is a reminder to myself firstmost) is to concentrate on getting our good deeds to the top, so we have a chance to get to Jannah.

Innocent Soul
12-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Assalamualaikum
Yes,This include making oneself more beautiful than they already. Even the things that were haram in the world would be given.But the main thing is how to get Jannah.:hmm:

Hamza Asadullah
12-07-2009, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by arjmand
I have a question that might seem self centered but I would like to ask it to clear my mind since it has been bugging me for quite a while.
In heaven, it is said that Allah will do whatever a person wishes. Does that include making oneself more beautiful than they already are? I know that feelings of temptation will not exist but if a person wants to become more beautiful than they were in the world, would that wish be granted?
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb,

Anas bin Malik [ra] reported that Allah’s Messenger [saw] said:
“In Jannah there is a street to which they (the inhabitants of Jannah) will come every Friday. The north wind will blow and will scatter fragrance on their faces and on their clothes. This will add to their beauty and loveliness. Then they will go back to their family after having an added luster to their beauty and loveliness, and their family will say to them, ‘By Allah, you have been increased in beauty and loveliness after leaving us.’ They (the ones who have been scattered with fragrance) will say, ‘By Allah, you have also increased in beauty and loveliness after us.”
[Muslim]

In Jannah a person will be more beautiful than one can ever imagine and every Friday in Jannah a person will become even more beautiful than previously. Subhanallah let us work for Jannah and do the best we can to attain it and please Allah as much as we can!

To read more about Jannah click on this link:

http://www.jannah.org/frontpage/jannah.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
White Rose
12-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Thank you very much.
So after reading your replies, two more questions came into my mind.
I read that after we will go to Jannah, we will not have the same bodies and appearance as we have in the world. Is this true? Also, after reading your replies, it seems that we will not have any defect appearance wise as we might have in this world. Am I correct.
Sorry if I am going into too much detail. I really want to clarify.

Also, if a woman does not want to marry in Jannah, will she still have to?

Hamza Asadullah
12-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Thank you very much.
So after reading your replies, two more questions came into my mind.
I read that after we will go to Jannah, we will not have the same bodies and appearance as we have in the world. Is this true? Also, after reading your replies, it seems that we will not have any defect appearance wise as we might have in this world. Am I correct.
Sorry if I am going into too much detail. I really want to clarify.

Also, if a woman does not want to marry in Jannah, will she still have to?
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Our bodies that we have in this world are only for this world. Allah has given us these bodies as a loan and these are our vessels for our souls in this world.

In the hereafter we will be in a different state that only Allah has knowledge of. Time and matter are only limited to this world and we cannot possible comprehend what it will be like after we die.

Also any negative feelings you have right now about marriage or any other matter is not how you will feel in Paradise. We will be completley cleansed before we enter Jannah and will not feel any malice, jealousy, hate, envy or any other negative feeling. We will be in another place free from any negative feelings and thoughts.

In regards to meeting Allah and becoming beautified by his appearance:

After qiyaamah, Allah Ta'ala will send those who deserve paradise into paradise, and those who deserve hell into hell . The days that we have in this world will also be there. Although there will be no day and night, Allah Ta'ala will show us the extent of days and nights and also the number of hours. So when Friday will come and that hour when the people used to go for jumu'ah will approach, a person will call out saying: "O dwellers of jannah! Go into the jungles of abundance, the length and breadth of which are not known to anyone besides Allah Ta'ala. There will be mounds of musk which will be as high as the skies. The prophets alayhimus salaam will be made to sit on towers of light, and the believers on chairs of sapphires. Once everyone is seated in their respective places, Allah Ta'ala will send a breeze which will carry that musk. That breeze will carry the musk and apply it to their clothing, faces and hair . That breeze will know how to apply that musk even better than that woman who is given all the different perfumes of the world. Allah Ta'ala will then order the carriers of His throne to go and place His throne among all these people. He will then address them saying: "O my servants who have brought faith in the unseen despite not seeing Me, who have attested My Rasul (Allah bless him & give him peace), and who have obeyed My laws! Ask Me whatever you wish for . This day is the day of giving abundantly . " They will all exclaim in one voice: "O Allah! We are pleased with You, You also be pleased with us. " Allah Ta'ala will reply: "O dwellers of jannah! If I were not pleased with you all, I would not have kept you in My jannah . Ask for something because this is the day of giving in abundance. " They will all say in one voice: "O Allah! Show us Your beauty, that we may be able to look at Your noble being with our very eyes . " Allah Ta'ala will lift the veil and will become apparent to these people and His beauty will engulf them from all sides . If this order was not given from before hand that the Jannatis will never get burnt, without doubt they would not have endured the heat of this light and they would all have got burnt. He will then ask them to go back to their respective places . Their beauty and attractiveness will double through the effects of that Real beauty. These people will then go to their wives. They will not be able to see their wives nor will their wives be able to see them. After a little while, the nur which was concealing them will be removed and they will now be able to see each other. Their wives will tell them that how is it that you do not have the same appearance which you had left with? That is, your appearance is a thousand times better now. They will reply that the reason for this is that the noble being of Allah Ta'ala was made apparent to us and we saw His beauty with our very eyes . (Sharh Sifrus-Sa'aadah)

So the beauty of the people of Paradise will continue to increase especially on Fridays and the people of paradise will be without any defect and they will not excrete expect that we will perspire out of our skins with pure musk.

We must put all of our efforts into making the best use of every second that we have left of our life in this world. We must never become complacent because our life can end ANY second. This is our only chance so let us not waste it otherwise we will regret it FOREVER!

cat eyes
12-08-2009, 11:49 PM
:sl: that is some beautiful information you gave there brother hamza jazakAllah for sharing. that makes me want to strive more in this dunya to get to jannah :p

White Rose
12-09-2009, 04:13 AM
Yes. Thank you very much.

White Rose
12-09-2009, 04:19 AM
Brother Hamza, I just want to make sure what you said about the marriage part. I understand that we will not have any ill feelings like we do in this world, but will a person(especailly a woman) have to marry even if they dont want to? I read in many places that women will be married. So I want to know more about that option.
jazakAllah

Hamza Asadullah
12-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Brother Hamza, I just want to make sure what you said about the marriage part. I understand that we will not have any ill feelings like we do in this world, but will a person(especailly a woman) have to marry even if they dont want to? I read in many places that women will be married. So I want to know more about that option.
jazakAllah
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, yes every human will have a partner in Jannah from this world. Marriage is a beautiful thing and Allah created us to have partners and so in Jannah no one will be without a partner even if they were not married in this world. We will be drawn towards all goodness in Jannah and while you may feel right now that you do not want to get married for one reason or another you will not have these negative thoughts and feelings in Jannah.

A big mistake people make is that they think they will feel in Jannah how they are feeling in this world but this is certainly not the case. Before entering Jannah our hearts will be completlely cleansed of all negative feelings and thoughts aswell as any defects we have and we should realise that negative feelings and thoughts are only restricted to this world because they are a part of the test mankind is going through but in Jannah there is no need for anymore tests and so those that will enter Jannah will have already passed these tests. Therefore there will be no need for any negative feelings and thoughts in our hearts and minds and there will be no more whispering of shaythan.

and Allah knows best

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 03:21 AM

You are Allahs creation! God made everything beautifully. You are beautiful no matter what. Do not let anyone tell you other wise. Don't be down on yourself. All of God's creations are beautiful, especially you!

God is with you

White Rose
12-10-2009, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, yes every human will have a partner in Jannah from this world. Marriage is a beautiful thing and Allah created us to have partners and so in Jannah no one will be without a partner even if they were not married in this world. We will be drawn towards all goodness in Jannah and while you may feel right now that you do not want to get married for one reason or another you will not have these negative thoughts and feelings in Jannah.

A big mistake people make is that they think they will feel in Jannah how they are feeling in this world but this is certainly not the case. Before entering Jannah our hearts will be completlely cleansed of all negative feelings and thoughts aswell as any defects we have and we should realise that negative feelings and thoughts are only restricted to this world because they are a part of the test mankind is going through but in Jannah there is no need for anymore tests and so those that will enter Jannah will have already passed these tests. Therefore there will be no need for any negative feelings and thoughts in our hearts and minds and there will be no more whispering of shaythan.

and Allah knows best
:sl:
Thank you for explaining it to me in detail and sorry for the time that you had to spend in doing so.
I wish I could send you a private message since I have many things I want to clear up but I cant since I am new. So I will ask here.
I also read that if we dont want to choose a person as a partner from this world, then we can choose someone(hoor) from Jannah. Is that correct?
And, I read in a thread "What will women get in paradise?" that women will also have the option of choosing from many hoor(sorry if I am not using the correct term here). Am I also correct on that one?
Thank you for your answers. They truly light up my mind.

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 03:41 AM
Thank you for explaining it to me in detail and sorry for the time that you had to spend in doing so.
I wish I could send you a private message since I have many things I want to clear up but I cant since I am new. So I will ask here.
I also read that if we dont want to choose a person as a partner from this world, then we can choose someone(hoor) from Jannah. Is that correct?
And, I read in a thread "What will women get in paradise?" that women will also have the option of choosing from many hoor(sorry if I am not using the correct term here). Am I also correct on that one?
Spending our time responding to someone in need is never a waste of time. We are here to support all on this forum.

God is with you.

White Rose
12-10-2009, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Spending our time responding to someone in need is never a waste of time. We are here to support all on this forum.

God is with you.
Thank you for your kind comments. :)

Grofica
12-10-2009, 06:18 PM
ok i feel retarded... what is Jannah?

ive never heard that word before... (and this is probably dorky but if we are married do we get to keep the same partner)

Hamza Asadullah
12-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, please don't ever feel that you are wasting anyones time here because we are here for the pleasure of Allah to help, learn and share knowledge with each other and if our questions don't get answered then we will remain confused. Are you a brother or a sister by the way?

We will all have one partner from this world. Hoor al-Ayn are the maidens of Jannah and are female therefore they are made only for the males of Paradise.

Women will have their life partner from this world or if their partner was not pious and not a good man then they will be given a good and pious partner from this world. If they were married to their partner and he died and she re-married then she will choose whichever partner was most pious to spend eternity with in Jannah.

and Allah knows best

Hamza Asadullah
12-10-2009, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
ok i feel retarded... what is Jannah?

ive never heard that word before... (and this is probably dorky but if we are married do we get to keep the same partner)
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Jannah is the Arabic term for 'Garden' but it is the Islamic way of saying Paradise or heaven.

If you want to learn more about 'Paradise in Islam' then click on the link:

http://www.shariahprogram.ca/article...er-death.shtml

White Rose
12-11-2009, 01:13 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, please don't ever feel that you are wasting anyones time here because we are here for the pleasure of Allah to help, learn and share knowledge with each other and if our questions don't get answered then we will remain confused. Are you a brother or a sister by the way?

We will all have one partner from this world. Hoor al-Ayn are the maidens of Jannah and are female therefore they are made only for the males of Paradise.

Women will have their life partner from this world or if their partner was not pious and not a good man then they will be given a good and pious partner from this world. If they were married to their partner and he died and she re-married then she will choose whichever partner was most pious to spend eternity with in Jannah.

and Allah knows best
But I was reading the answer to a thread in these forums and it said that if women are not married in this world, then they can either choose one from this world or one from Jannah (like how males can choose hoor in Jannah). I can give you the link if you want.
I am a sister by the way.

Hamza Asadullah
12-11-2009, 10:12 PM
But I was reading the answer to a thread in these forums and it said that if women are not married in this world, then they can either choose one from this world or one from Jannah (like how males can choose hoor in Jannah). I can give you the link if you want.
I am a sister by the way.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, There is no such thing as male hoors created for women. Women will only be able to marry a man from this world.

White Rose
12-12-2009, 02:11 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, There is no such thing as male hoors created for women. Women will only be able to marry a man from this world.
I feel stupid for asking this what if a woman does not like any men? If she has someone in her mind, will that person be granted to her?:exhausted

Hamza Asadullah
12-12-2009, 01:18 PM
I feel stupid for asking this what if a woman does not like any men? If she has someone in her mind, will that person be granted to her?:exhausted
Do you mean someone of the same gender? If i read that wrong then i apologise. If a women dies without marrying in the world then she will be given a good and pious man to marry from this world to marry in Jannah and if her husband was not a good man then she will marry someone of Jannah who was pious in the world and Allah knows best who hr partner would be.

amirebi
12-12-2009, 01:53 PM
i haven't been in jannah up to now ;)
but i guess we can have what we love in jannah.
one of the most important reason for exictance of jannat is that humankinds wants ro be perfect, from all aspects of both appearence and sprituality, so inshaalah on jannah we will be perfect. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.