Tis so nnyng. Jst use prper grmmr.

Ds slang annoy u?

The other day I asked someone "How are you?"

he replied "n2mjc"

Guess what it means?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hayaa
12-07-2009, 07:36 AM
I remember I used to talk like that too awhile back and I wish I didn't. Grammar is a beautiful thing. :D Someone worth quoting said "Learn to Grammar" :p

Innocent Soul
12-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Evn sumtims I usd 2 talk lik dis. :omg:
People try to make the sentence short and thats what In most of the games we talk in this language.

Fטлку
12-07-2009, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Y do ppl tlk lyk dis?
God knows.. :hmm:

Cn u ndrstand wut im syin?
yup.

Ds slang annoy u?
Not really..

he replied "n2mjc"
Nothin' too much, just chillin'? :hmm:

I once got into a habit of writing like that...
And it took me soo much time doing my assignments and exams because I had to keep correcting my Grammar...:exhausted I'm so never going there again :phew

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
12-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Greetings,
Y do ppl tlk lyk dis?

Cn u ndrstand wut im syin?

Tis so nnyng. Jst use prper grmmr.

Ds slang annoy u?

The other day I asked someone "How are you?"

he replied "n2mjc"

Guess what it means?
There's nothing wrong with text-speak if the people conversing decide that that's how they want to talk to each other. It's an interesting development of the language that can be quite clever and witty.

It's not a good idea to use it on a public forum like this, though. Language is for communication, and if using text-speak gets in the way of people understanding your words, then there is a problem.

Peace

muslimsister1
12-07-2009, 12:53 PM
i dnt mnd, weeva i txt or snd a email i alwys wrte lke dis, iv gtn usd 2 it n nw i fnd it hrd 2 wrte prpr englsh, its hrd 2 wrte nrml once u gt usd 2 it :)

Beardo
12-07-2009, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimsister1
i dnt mnd, weeva i txt or snd a email i alwys wrte lke dis, iv gtn usd 2 it n nw i fnd it hrd 2 wrte prpr englsh, its hrd 2 wrte nrml once u gt usd 2 it :)
For me personally, it takes more time to read and understand it...

By the way Funky, you got the answer right. "Nothing too much, just chilling" Though in slang it'd be "Nuttin 2 mch jst chlln"

Danah
12-07-2009, 03:00 PM
using such slang is really provoking me, there are some friends I know used it on msn and I had really hard time understand it, but I begin to used to reading such codes <_<

the only thing I only do sometimes is just writing u instead of you, or r instead of are....but not change even the way words are pronounced in:hmm:

Soulja Girl
12-07-2009, 03:02 PM
:sl:

Though in slang it'd be "Nuttin 2 mch jst chlln"
^Or "nuin 2mch js chln" =P

Reminds me of a text I got

Allah mentions in the Quran: "and in your languages and colours (there are signs)."
It's amazing what a powerful tool even punctuation can be! A professor told his class to punctuate the followin: "A woman without her man is nothing."
The boys all did: "A woman, without her man, is nothing."
The girls all did: "A woman: without her, man is nothing."

=]

But yea, slang can be annoyin at times. ^o)

:wa:

Muezzin
12-07-2009, 03:49 PM
I dislike text speak unless it's used out of

A) Humour

or

B) Genunine necessity because of your mobile's character limit.

Mohamed_
12-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Wu2u?

I don't think this talking meant to be a slang, but just a chat languge to confuse the people more or make the chatting more enjoyable to the speaker.

For example, a 'language' used by hackers. Called 1337 (leet).

Example of I said above, normal 1337:
1 d0n7 7h1nk 7h15 741k1n6 m34n7 70 b3 4 514n6, bu7 ju57 a ch47 70 c0nfu53 73h p30pl3 m0r3.

Example of I said above, extra 1337:
! |)0|/|7 7]-[!|/||< 7]-[!5 74|_|<!|\|6 |\/|34|\|7 ']['0 |33...

I think slang language comes when you start switching standard /old/ words with new ones, what are not commons, like 'flossing, chuffed to bits, ba-donka-donk, chin wag, shawty' and so on...

That talking also with leaving the vowels, doesn't mean to be a slang, just a chat language (IMO), for example: m tlkng wtht vwls, dnt thnk t s nc.

I think these writing things only meant to be chatting language, somebody use them to hide his/her personality.

Well, imho if the writing style shows at writing that just a chat talking style, but slang different by using new phrases, words etc.

Another example for slang:
I'm going to the shop. - 'going to' often changes to 'gonna'. - I'm gonna to the shop.
I want to get a car. - 'want to' often changes to 'wanna'. - I wanna get a car.
There's no need to rush. - There's still time to get somewhere, we don't need to run.
And so on...

I'm quite interested about slangs anyway. I remember when I was younger, about age 13-14, I wanted to make my own language... A big mix from Irish, English, Dutch... I damly like the double vowels Dutch words.

I hope you got all I said. :)

GuestFellow
12-07-2009, 04:30 PM
I know people who speak slang, haven't got a clue what they are on about. When they talk to me its like they saying this:

''yoi yoi, cuzzzy bro, blood, brapp, blood, wa go on, wanna go munch.''

^ That is all I can hear, gives me a headache.

Mohamed_
12-07-2009, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I know people who speak slang, haven't got a clue what they are on about. When they talk to me its like they saying this:

''yoi yoi, cuzzzy bro, blood, brapp, blood, wa go on, wanna go munch.''

^ That is all I can hear, gives me a headache.
That's right! :D

cat eyes
12-07-2009, 05:53 PM
:sl: wen pple tell me 2stop writing like dis. i call thm my gramer teacher ;D

AlHoda
12-07-2009, 05:56 PM
I use just a little but slang, because I am too lazy to type the whole word. Also i have a bad spelling. But indeed, grammar is very beautiful.;D

AlHoda
12-07-2009, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
I use just a little but slang, because I am too lazy to type the whole word. Also i have a bad spelling. But indeed, grammar is very beautiful.;D
PS: How do I join the private section? and how do I stop the e-mails informing me of threads.

Mohamed_
12-07-2009, 06:07 PM
PS: How do I join the private section? and how do I stop the e-mails informing me of threads.
To stop subscribing to threads do this:
Go to User CP / New Subscribed Threads: / Click on 'Unsubscribe', it's in the thread's own informations.

To join a private section do this:
For example: Under the 'Sisters' section' you must see 'Click here to apply for access.'. Click it! Then choose the correct group you wish to join. :)

tango92
12-07-2009, 06:17 PM
slang is what keeps the brothers united where im from, if you know how to use it it can be a very creative and bold form of expression

Fטлку
12-08-2009, 12:05 PM
PS: How do I join the private section?
You'll have to wait till you have 300 posts. Then you can send a request :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.