/* */

PDA

View Full Version : halal or haram ?

nilufer
12-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Assalamou Alaikoum ,

Please i have some questions are really very important to me and i really need your advice and opinions

At the moment my husband is working hard and his salary is not enough for our living so i want to help him by finding a job even hes against me to work coz hes very jalous that people will flirt with me but still i can convince him to let me work because we need extra income my question is it is halal in the islam that woman can work or haram ? if yes what kind of work is halal and what is the haram one

P. S we are living in european country

To be honest i recived a job offer from an advertising company they want to hire me for editorial pictures for their collection the clothes are respect and cover all the body but i dont know if it is haram or halal in the islam to do it ?

I really need your advice jazakoum allah kher

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nilufer
12-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Please any advice

Rabi'ya
12-08-2009, 10:07 AM
:sl:

so you are thinking of working for advertising company?it depends on the kind of work they want you to do. Do you have any idea of what the work entails?

Khaldun
12-08-2009, 10:16 AM

If your husband does not want you to work I would respect that and have patience with him.

Yes women are allowed to work in Islaam. But you should avoid places that are intermixed etc.

What I understand is that the job you are offered is somet type of modelling? I would advice not to take it.

The jobs that would be better suited are jobs that you could do whilst not having to leave the house? Day care for small children perhaps? Or maybe some kind of internet thing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
12-08-2009, 10:22 AM
sis, why dont you work from home :D

nilufer
12-08-2009, 11:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
sis, why dont you work from home :D
How , Do you have any idea please , Jazaki ALLAH kher

nilufer
12-08-2009, 11:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

so you are thinking of working for advertising company?it depends on the kind of work they want you to do. Do you have any idea of what the work entails?
The work offered to me is to wear long respect clothes and they will take pictures for their catalogues thats all kind of studio editorial pictures and i will get paid thats all

mammyluty
12-08-2009, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nilufer
How , Do you have any idea please , Jazaki ALLAH kher
sister in these country u dont av to sweat to earn good money.just make money when at home.u can open an ebay account and start selling stuff like shoes for men n ladies or furniture or clothes maybe jalbabs or baby clothes or any thing arty.

thats what am planning to do inshallah....or u can do hair stlying at ur own home in ur house on waxing or henna decorating in ur own house

il post more ideas inshallah.

mammyluty
12-08-2009, 12:15 PM
the job offer u got doesnt it sound like modelling and it will be men taking picture even though ul still be covered....i think it will bring problems in ur marriage when u alredy mentioned that ur husband is jeolus of u working so sister dont be tempted n have patience.

cat eyes
12-08-2009, 02:03 PM
what company is it for? And is it famous to the public? My cusan modeled bridal wear from a young age. Its hard work..but as a muslim i believe a womans place is her home if possible. I undrstand those women who have to work but theres other jobs that dnt include showing off.

nilufer
12-08-2009, 02:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mammyluty
sister in these country u dont av to sweat to earn good money.just make money when at home.u can open an ebay account and start selling stuff like shoes for men n ladies or furniture or clothes maybe jalbabs or baby clothes or any thing arty.

thats what am planning to do inshallah....or u can do hair stlying at ur own home in ur house on waxing or henna decorating in ur own house

il post more ideas inshallah.
Sister please pm me with more details about henna decoration and others , Jazaki ALLAH SWT kher

mammyluty
12-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Sister please pm me with more details about henna decoration and others , Jazaki ALLAH SWT kher
i do henna but not an expert yet i started slowly slowly doing it on kids untill i knew how.bt now its easy cos all i do is check on the internet flowers n copy n copy till i come wth my own ideas.now am training how to do henna paste and how to wrapp them and even sell them.

or sister u can be a walima planner or wedding planner or u can be designing wedding cards n walima cards for muslims.all u need is creativity and a printer.u can publish cook books wth recipes from ur country.

dont alwys be looking for employment cos we have hidden skills and talents that can make a fortune in our life and totaly halal and still keep ur marriage.

sister il let u know if i get more ideas,am glad i culd help.

nilufer
12-08-2009, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mammyluty
i do henna but not an expert yet i started slowly slowly doing it on kids untill i knew how.bt now its easy cos all i do is check on the internet flowers n copy n copy till i come wth my own ideas.now am training how to do henna paste and how to wrapp them and even sell them.

or sister u can be a walima planner or wedding planner or u can be designing wedding cards n walima cards for muslims.all u need is creativity and a printer.u can publish cook books wth recipes from ur country.

dont alwys be looking for employment cos we have hidden skills and talents that can make a fortune in our life and totaly halal and still keep ur marriage.

sister il let u know if i get more ideas,am glad i culd help.
Thank you very much for your help and please dont forget me with your idea jazaki ALLAH SWT kher

nilufer
12-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Brother peaceandlove thank you very much for your help but i cannot reply your pm because i have a limited membership here in the forum Jazaka ALLAH SWT kher

mammyluty
12-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Thank you very much for your help and please dont forget me with your idea jazaki ALLAH SWT kher
anytime time sister inshallah MAY ALLAH MAKE US OF THOSE WHO R PLEASED WTH ALLAH!

nilufer
12-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Asslamou Alaikoum Warahmatou ALLAH Taala Wabarakatou,

I really want to help my husband with finance because in european country everything is expensive and one person salary is not enough for living

I tried to do business but always i failed then i decide to have a permanant job but my husband didnt accept it because of the flirt people outside , Now the opportunity is to do some modelling pictures and get paid good without any problems because the cameraman is a woman and the work will be in the studio there is no men and no people to watch plus the clothes are respect then a good payment then i decide to take it , My heart want it but my mind didnt accept it yet because iam confused if it is halal or haram in the islam and i couldnt find any proof in the quran nor in the sunnah to make know that is haram please any advice plus i decide to do only some pictures and make money and stop it jazakoum ALLAH SWT kher

nilufer
12-10-2009, 03:01 PM
please any advice

Donia
12-11-2009, 03:01 AM
Asalaamu alaikum sis.

May Allah reward you for your concern and your efforts to find out if you taking a future job would be permissible or not. :)

The job you are being offered is a modeling job even though you would be covered up, I would avoid it. That's just my humble opinion. Your husband doesn't seem to happy about you looking for a job anyway and the modeling career is just not the best choice. Again, that's just my very humble opinion. No need to rock the boat with your husband.

Have you thought of possibly working in a women's clothing store? Children's clothing or toy store? Maybe a receptionist at a salon. Somewhere that women go to a lot.

Also, maybe you could use this time to attend school. Do they have grants in Europe? (Where they basically give you money to go to school so you don't have to pay out of pocket or only pay a portion.)

May Allah make it easy for you sis. Ameen.

Salaamu Alaikum.

nilufer
12-11-2009, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
Asalaamu alaikum sis.

May Allah reward you for your concern and your efforts to find out if you taking a future job would be permissible or not. :)

The job you are being offered is a modeling job even though you would be covered up, I would avoid it. That's just my humble opinion. Your husband doesn't seem to happy about you looking for a job anyway and the modeling career is just not the best choice. Again, that's just my very humble opinion. No need to rock the boat with your husband.

Have you thought of possibly working in a women's clothing store? Children's clothing or toy store? Maybe a receptionist at a salon. Somewhere that women go to a lot.

Also, maybe you could use this time to attend school. Do they have grants in Europe? (Where they basically give you money to go to school so you don't have to pay out of pocket or only pay a portion.)

May Allah make it easy for you sis. Ameen.

Salaamu Alaikum.
Sister Donia thank you very much for your advice , But my husband wont let me go to a school because mix people there boys and girls ,The job offered to me will be only with women to take only pictures and will be no men

Donia
12-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Is your husband okay with you taking the job?

Have you prayed Istikharah?

Hamza Asadullah
12-11-2009, 07:13 PM

I really want to help my husband with finance because in european country everything is expensive and one person salary is not enough for living

I tried to do business but always i failed then i decide to have a permanant job but my husband didnt accept it because of the flirt people outside , Now the opportunity is to do some modelling pictures and get paid good without any problems because the cameraman is a woman and the work will be in the studio there is no men and no people to watch plus the clothes are respect then a good payment then i decide to take it , My heart want it but my mind didnt accept it yet because iam confused if it is halal or haram in the islam and i couldnt find any proof in the quran nor in the sunnah to make know that is haram please any advice plus i decide to do only some pictures and make money and stop it jazakoum ALLAH SWT kher
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb sister, firstly can i ask what type of clothes are you going to be modelling? Will you be in your hijaab and jilbaab or what type of clothes? Will you have to wear makeup? Where will these pictures be shown? What company is it for?

nilufer
12-11-2009, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
Is your husband okay with you taking the job?

Have you prayed Istikharah?
sister honestly no but i can try and convince him and may be taking him with me to meet them ,i didnt do istikharah yet but iam thinking to do it Jazaki allah swt KHER

Asiyah3
12-11-2009, 07:28 PM
I'm also waiting for you to answer brother Hamza's questions. Will you be wearing jilbaab and hijaab? (Do you at the moment wear hijaab?)

nilufer
12-12-2009, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_
I'm also waiting for you to answer brother Hamza's questions. Will you be wearing jilbaab and hijaab? (Do you at the moment wear hijaab?)
Sister i dont wear hijab but i cover my hair and wear long clothes and also i will modelling with a long clothes for the company catalogues thats all

Hamza Asadullah
12-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Sister i dont wear hijab but i cover my hair and wear long clothes and also i will modelling with a long clothes for the company catalogues thats all
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Then sister you should certainly begin to wear hijaab and jilbaab in order to cover yourself properly as hijaab and jilbaab are the only ways to cover the body and head properly. Not doing so will obviously bring unwanted attention from men and also cause the anger of Allah because you are not taking full care and attention in covering yourself properly.

You are a jewel who's beauty should only be for your husband eyes and for no other soul.

What about wearing make up when going out? You did'nt answer my last post sister.

nilufer
12-12-2009, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Then sister you should certainly begin to wear hijaab and jilbaab in order to cover yourself properly as hijaab and jilbaab are the only ways to cover the body and head properly. Not doing so will obviously bring unwanted attention from men and also cause the anger of Allah because you are not taking full care and attention in covering yourself properly.

You are a jewel who's beauty should only be for your husband eyes and for no other soul.

What about wearing make up when going out? You did'nt answer my last post sister.
I dont really wear make up out side i make my self a bit natural

Insaanah
12-12-2009, 05:41 PM
:sl: sister,

Catalogues can go anywhere. It's not just women that look at catalogues, but men too. If you are wearing just scarf and jilbaab, all sorts of men will look at your face, regardless of if you are wearing make up or not. Sometimes on the street you notice someone's staring at you, and you turn your face away. But in a catalogue, any sick person will be able to look at your picture in a catalogue and fantasise about you if they so wish. And you won't be able to escape from them, or move the picture from them. I am not saying that this will happen, but that can, on occassions, be a potential. For that reason, I think you should avoid this job, and go for some of the alternatives that people have suggested.

I am giving you the same advice I would give if you were my blood sister.

Allah knows best.

Hamza Asadullah
12-12-2009, 05:41 PM
I dont really wear make up out side i make my self a bit natural
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Sister not wearing hijaab or jilbab means that you are exposing that which should not be exposed to anyone but your mahrams. By modelling you would be doing even worse by showing the whole world that which should be covered. So clearly it is forbidden for you to take this job. Rather you should concentrate on bettering yourself as Muslimah and increasing your imaan and fear of Allah which would lead you to wearing the hijaab and jilbaab inshallah. This would also significantly reduce the amount of unwanted attention that you get and since you are happily married this should be easier for you to do.

and Allah knows best

nilufer
12-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Sister not wearing hijaab or jilbab means that you are exposing that which should not be exposed to anyone but your mahrams. By modelling you would be doing even worse by showing the whole world that which should be covered. So clearly it is forbidden for you to take this job. Rather you should concentrate on bettering yourself as Muslimah and increasing your imaan and fear of Allah which would lead you to wearing the hijaab and jilbaab inshallah. This would also significantly reduce the amount of unwanted attention that you get and since you are happily married this should be easier for you to do.

and Allah knows best
Brother Hamza I know what you mean but for me as iam not wearing hijjab yet it does not give any sense if i do this job or not because the people are seeing me everyday in the street as real same will be if they look at my pictures , I really couldnt find any suitable job in my city and for me this is a good opportunity to make some money that we need it otherwise nobody will help us with finance and belive me i really dont want this job but when i look around our finance situation and we have so many finance problems that no other job can pay it then i say yes i will do this job but i will do it only temporary and not forever and after INSHALLAH i will wear hijjab forver just please pray for me ALLAH SWT accept my repentence and gives me chance to really repent and wear hijjab believe me iam a good muslim and iam fear from ALLAH thats why iam asking this question on the forum and believe me since i decide to take this job i couldnt sleep iam thinking about ALLAH SWT and INSHALLAH i will repent and wear hijjab JAZAKA ALLAH SWT i did already gave notice to the company that i will not get naked nor showing off any part of my body and they accept it

Insaanah
12-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Brother Hamza I know what you mean but for me as iam not wearing hijjab yet it does not give any sense if i do this job or not because the people are seeing me everyday in the street as real same will be if they look at my pictures , I really couldnt find any suitable job in my city and for me this is a good opportunity to make some money that we need it otherwise nobody will help us with finance and belive me i really dont want this job but when i look around our finance situation and we have so many finance problems that no other job can pay it then i say yes i will do this job but i will do it only temporary and not forever and after INSHALLAH i will wear hijjab forver just please pray for me ALLAH SWT accept my repentence and gives me chance to really repent and wear hijjab believe me iam a good muslim and iam fear from ALLAH thats why iam asking this question on the forum and believe me since i decide to take this job i couldnt sleep iam thinking about ALLAH SWT and INSHALLAH i will repent and wear hijjab JAZAKA ALLAH SWT i did already gave notice to the company that i will not get naked nor showing off any part of my body and they accept it
:sl: Sister,

A few points for you to bear in mind.

1) People may see you every day as you walk in the street, but would you then hand out photos of yourself to people on the street, including men? In effect thats the equivalent of you having your photograph in a catalogue. You shouldn't do it in a scarf and jilbaab, let alone without. You say you fear Allah, so don't do it. Allah will reward you, if He wills, with something better and halaal.

2) You said only women would be taking the pictures, but can you guarantee that no men will look at the catalogue? (see my post above for exactly what I mean by this)

3) I don't know of any modelling company that does not put make up on the models.

4) Consider some of the other options that people have suggested.

I know this is not an easy time for you, but trust in Allah and pray to Him to provide you with a means of living that does not displease Him. Also, explore other avenues. Make a real effort to see what other work you could do. May Allah ease your difficulties. Ameen. My du'aas are with you sister.

nilufer
12-13-2009, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan

A few points for you to bear in mind.

1) People may see you every day as you walk in the street, but would you then hand out photos of yourself to people on the street, including men? In effect thats the equivalent of you having your photograph in a catalogue. You shouldn't do it in a scarf and jilbaab, let alone without. You say you fear Allah, so don't do it. Allah will reward you, if He wills, with something better and halaal.

2) You said only women would be taking the pictures, but can you guarantee that no men will look at the catalogue? (see my post above for exactly what I mean by this)

3) I don't know of any modelling company that does not put make up on the models.

4) Consider some of the other options that people have suggested.

I know this is not an easy time for you, but trust in Allah and pray to Him to provide you with a means of living that does not displease Him. Also, explore other avenues. Make a real effort to see what other work you could do. May Allah ease your difficulties. Ameen. My du'aas are with you sister.

Sister suppose if i find an other job it will be same problem because nobody want to accept me with hijjab and covering hair so i have to put make up and wear modern clothes everyday and working with men and you cannot convince me that in any country even the muslims countries to give jobs to girls with hijjab so what about iam living in european country no way

Second in every muslim countries i saw so many girls wearing the hijjab and wearing the make up plus they wear jeans and thight clothes

Go to any islamic channel TV you will see all the presenters wearing the hijjab and puting so much make up and modern clothes they are also muslims but thats the way to make the money

Raaina
12-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Is this just like a one of shoot? or a continuous contract?
If your husband doesn't want you to work and its just a one off, maybe you could explain its just once, there are no men and it'll help finacially, tell him you'll buy him a gift or something :)

nilufer
12-13-2009, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
Is this just like a one of shoot? or a continuous contract?
If your husband doesn't want you to work and its just a one off, maybe you could explain its just once, there are no men and it'll help finacially, tell him you'll buy him a gift or something :)
Sister i already convinced my husband because he will be with me at the same day of taking the pictures and i will do only some temporary pictures thats all plus he knows i will be wearing long respect clothes plus it is a good money there and it will solve our finance problems but i was asking if it is halal or haram and some people here said it is haram and at same time iam confused because i saw so many muslims girls on the islamic channels working there as presenters wearing make up and modern clothes and they are presenting religion topics all the nations are watching them so really confused

Raaina
12-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Oh i'm sorry sister, I must of missed that bit,

hmmm

I'm new so I dunno :p
Did you say you couldn't find anything in the Qu'ran about it being haram? maybe you could ask someone at a mosque?

Insaanah
12-13-2009, 03:01 PM

Sister suppose if i find an other job it will be same problem because nobody want to accept me with hijjab and covering hair so i have to put make up and wear modern clothes everyday
That is no justification for not wearing hijaab sister.

Also, modern clothes and make-up nowadays cost so much money and are very expensive. If you stop buying these, and look at other areas you can save money on, you might find lots inshaAllah.

and working with men and you cannot convince me that in any country even the muslims countries to give jobs to girls with hijjab so what about iam living in european country no way
I live in a European country too. Most of my friends have jobs. Most of them work in hijaab, some in a mixed environment. Wearing hijaab has never been an obstacle for them in the way of getting a job. In fact, people respect them for it, and ask them about Islam.

Second in every muslim countries i saw so many girls wearing the hijjab and wearing the make up plus they wear jeans and thight clothes
We don't take our deen from them. We take our deen from Rasoolullah sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam.

Go to any islamic channel TV you will see all the presenters wearing the hijjab and puting so much make up and modern clothes they are also muslims but thats the way to make the money
Firstly, they are not an example for us. The beautiful example for us is that of the azwaaj mutahharaat (radiallaahu 'anhunna). Many people think that if something's happening on an Islamic channel it's ok. It's not, if it's not in accordance with Qur'an and sunnah.

Secondly, that might be a way to make money, but its not the right way for a Muslim woman to make money. Think about wearing hijaab, think about other options, and also see what other ways you might be able to save money.

I can only advise you sincerely as I would my own sister. May Allah help you and ease your circumstances. Ameen.

:sl: Sister

Hamza Asadullah
12-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Sister suppose if i find an other job it will be same problem because nobody want to accept me with hijjab and covering hair so i have to put make up and wear modern clothes everyday and working with men and you cannot convince me that in any country even the muslims countries to give jobs to girls with hijjab so what about iam living in european country no way
Let me ask you a couple of questions: who's order and command is it for women to cover? By Who's will does a person to get any job?

If it is the command of Allah for women to cover then will you disobey him and go against his commands? Only by Allah's will does a person get any job, and do you think that not covering because other people don't approve of it is a good enough reason not to cover? Will you be able to say that to Allah on the day of judgement that you did not cover just because the non Muslims around you did'nt approve of it?

You mentioned before that you will repent one day for not covering, do you think Allah does not know your intentions? Do you think and that death may not take you at any second? Surely your way of thinking is the way shaythan wants you to think and he is misleading you.

I live in the UK and there are countless women who wear hijaab, jilbaab and even niqaab and they work in many different types of jobs because it is Allah's will that a person finds any job not the will of the employer because Allah can change the heart of any person and it is only by his will that any leaf falls from a tree. Always have bare this in mind

If a person wants to jump off a cliff will you join them? Similarly if a person is causing destruction upon themselves then will you also do the same and cause yourself destruction? Then why would you want to follow the path of those who causing themselves destruction?

Do you really think that this income will be halal for you? Do you want to consume haraam? Consuming haraam will cause your deeds and dua's not to be accepted and wil take blessings out of your life as well as causing further problems with your financial situation.

There is no solution in that which is haraam. Search for a solution in that which is halal even if it is more difficult. Abide by the commands of Allah and he will make things easier for you and know that there is no reason for you not to cover as you are married so you do not need to impress anyone and you know now that it is ONLY by the will of Allah that you will get any job then there is certainly no reason for you to cause the wrath and anger of Allah upon you for the curse of Allah is on those women who do not cover for that which they are ordained to cover and they will not smell the scent of paradise.

and Allah knows best

nilufer
12-13-2009, 04:07 PM

That is no justification for not wearing hijaab sister.

Also, modern clothes and make-up nowadays cost so much money and are very expensive. If you stop buying these, and look at other areas you can save money on, you might find lots inshaAllah.

I live in a European country too. Most of my friends have jobs. Most of them work in hijaab, some in a mixed environment. Wearing hijaab has never been an obstacle for them in the way of getting a job. In fact, people respect them for it, and ask them about Islam.

We don't take our deen from them. We take our deen from Rasoolullah sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam.

Firstly, they are not an example for us. The beautiful example for us is that of the azwaaj mutahharaat (radiallaahu 'anhunna). Many people think that if something's happening on an Islamic channel it's ok. It's not, if it's not in accordance with Qur'an and sunnah.

Secondly, that might be a way to make money, but its not the right way for a Muslim woman to make money. Think about wearing hijaab, think about other options, and also see what other ways you might be able to save money.

I can only advise you sincerely as I would my own sister. May Allah help you and ease your circumstances. Ameen.

:sl: Sister

Sister believe me i tried and my friends tried to find a job with hijjab but we coudnt they get scared from us even in a muslim countries the condition is always to work without hijjab so your friends are lucky then

make up staff is not expensive i buy it once time a year is about 3 euro the cheapest make up in the world so even i save every year 3 euro it will not pay anything

nilufer
12-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Let me ask you a couple of questions: who's order and command is it for women to cover? Who will's a person to get any job?

If it is the command of Allah for women to cover and only by Allah's will that a person gets any job then surely what you are saying are only the whispers of shaythan who is trying to mislead you.

I live in the UK and there are countless women who wear hijaab, jilbaab and even niqaab and they work in many different types of jobs because it is Allah's will that a person finds any job not the will of the employer because Allah can change the heart of any person and it is only by his will that any leaf falls from a tree. Always have bare this in mind

If a person wants to jump off a cliff will you join them? Similarly if a person is causing destruction upon themselves then will you also do the same and cause yourself destruction? Then why would you want to follow the path of those who causing themselves destruction?

Do you really think that this income will be halal for you? Do you want to consume haraam? Consuming haraam will cause your deeds and dua's not to be accepted and wil take blessings out of your life as well as causing further problems with your financial situation.

There is no solution in that which is haraam. Search for a solution in that which is halal even if it is more difficult.

and Allah knows best

i dont think so it will be a haram money beacuse i will not sell my body nor get naked otherwise even your salary from any christian companies is haram as well so dont work in any christian countries then do you think it is halal for you

Hamza Asadullah
12-13-2009, 04:16 PM
i dont think so it will be a haram money beacuse i will not sell my body nor get naked otherwise even your salary from any christian companies is haram as well so dont work in any christian countries then do you think it is halal for you
Can you read my post again as i have edited it jazakallah

Hamza Asadullah
12-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Advertising your awrah to the world is not haraam? Sister you are clearly being misled by shaythan. I would suggest that you ask any scholar and they will confirm this to you.

cat eyes
12-13-2009, 04:40 PM
:sl:what you are saying is rubbish my friends are working for top retailers such as zara and river island..tk max they even give me discounts when ever i meet them they wear hijab and they got the job with no problems i also went for a job interview recently and she did not see me for what i was wearing but for what i could bring to the company and what experience i have and as brothers and sisters have said here it is Allah who gives the job not the employers

Hamza Asadullah
12-13-2009, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl:what you are saying is rubbish my friends are working for top retailers such as zara and river island..tk max they even give me discounts when ever i meet them they wear hijab and they got the job with no problems i also went for a job interview recently and she did not see me for what i was wearing but for what i could bring to the company and what experience i have and as brothers and sisters have said here it is Allah who gives the job not the employers
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, It is only by the deception of shaythan that many of our sisters prevent themselves from wearing the hijaab and jilbab because they think they will not get jobs.

It is ONLY by the will of Allah that a person gets any job and what is one going to say to Allah on the day of judgement for not covering oneself because of the fact they feared they may not get 'employment'.

Allah will say do you think it is upto the employers if you get a job? Does the person not know that it is ONLY by the will of Allah that a person gets any job and only by the will of Allah that even a leaf falls from a tree!

Only by Allah's will does EVERYTHING happen for he is the lord of the worlds and master of the universe.

So why are we trying to please our employers and not Allah? He is our employer and ONLY by his will does EVERYTHING happen in our lives!

cat eyes
12-13-2009, 05:27 PM
yes its true some women do not seem to realise how cunning shaytan actually is. i am not saying i am perfect either ive only stopped wearing make up 7months ago as i was also getting the same attention the sister was getting it was only by the mercy of Allah that im getting one step further with my deen everyday, i do get the odd whisper here and there when i am getting ready to go out to put on some perfume or red lip gloss or make my hijab a bit loose but Alhamdulilah ive managed to ignore these evil whispers only the shaytan wanting to make us go astray. he is our jihad every single day of our lives!

nilufer
12-14-2009, 10:51 AM

Now i have an other problem , After i read your posts then i changed my mind and i told my husband that i will not do modelling and that i will look for a job in company or factory but hes answer was doing modelling or no other jobs and i asked him why he said because if i do modelling he will come with me and he will see everything but if i go to an other job so they cannot let him stay with me because he does not trust workers so now i really dont know what to do and our finance situation getting worse and worse and so many problems and dont know really what to do ALLAH SWT knows my heart and mind how iam fighting my self to not do anything up set ALLAH SWT but look at my situation i dont know really what to do ?

Hamza Asadullah
12-14-2009, 01:22 PM

Now i have an other problem , After i read your posts then i changed my mind and i told my husband that i will not do modelling and that i will look for a job in company or factory but hes answer was doing modelling or no other jobs and i asked him why he said because if i do modelling he will come with me and he will see everything but if i go to an other job so they cannot let him stay with me because he does not trust workers so now i really dont know what to do and our finance situation getting worse and worse and so many problems and dont know really what to do ALLAH SWT knows my heart and mind how iam fighting my self to not do anything up set ALLAH SWT but look at my situation i dont know really what to do ?
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, This is also another test for you sister. Just explain to your husband the situation that you went into this without even looking at the implications of whether its haraam and halal for you and now you have found out that it is haraam so you will not be going ahead with it anymore as it will anger Allah. Explain to your husband all of this and tell him that you do not want to earn haraam money for that will make your situation worse.
Sister you will eventually find a job that Allah is happy with but never consider a job like this to be a solution to your problems for there is no solution in that which is haraam only further problems in this world and the next. Ask of Allah and rely,trust, ahve faith and full hope in him for he will help you inshallah.

and Allah knows best

nilufer
12-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, This is also another test for you sister. Just explain to your husband the situation that you went into this without even looking at the implications of whether its haraam and halal for you and now you have found out that it is haraam so you will not be going ahead with it anymore as it will anger Allah. Explain to your husband all of this and tell him that you do not want to earn haraam money for that will make your situation worse.
Sister you will eventually find a job that Allah is happy with but never consider a job like this to be a solution to your problems for there is no solution in that which is haraam only further problems in this world and the next. Ask of Allah and rely,trust, ahve faith and full hope in him for he will help you inshallah.

and Allah knows best

Brother my husband is muslim also and hes fear from ALLAH SWT but the job i will do is not a modelling like castings or catwalk in front of the people or doing pictures as naked is a kind of commercial video we see on the TV or catalogue like family advertise with respect clothes especially there is winter clothes with long clothes and hats covering the hair thats why my husband see it as not something haram as we watch muslim channels full of muslims girls doing respect commercial advertising for a short term and thats what making me accept it otherwise i cannot accept any modelling with showing off and opening the body in front of people plus my husband will be with me as well

Hamza Asadullah
12-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Brother my husband is muslim also and hes fear from ALLAH SWT but the job i will do is not a modelling like castings or catwalk in front of the people or doing pictures as naked is a kind of commercial video we see on the TV or catalogue like family advertise with respect clothes especially there is winter clothes with long clothes and hats covering the hair thats why my husband see it as not something haram as we watch muslim channels full of muslims girls doing respect commercial advertising for a short term and thats what making me accept it otherwise i cannot accept any modelling with showing off and opening the body in front of people plus my husband will be with me as well
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, sister clearly shaythan is trying to give you excuses to justify you doing a job like this. If you think that showing off your beauty and awrah is justified and permissable in the eyes of Allah then go ahead with the job sister. But I can only advise you on what is best for you in accordance with Islam and there is no solution to your problem in a job like this where you will advertise your beauty and awrah.

A woman's Awrah is her entire body with the exception of her face and hands and according to some interpretations, her entire body including her face and hands. A woman's Awrah must not be seen by any non-Mahram men, because exposing the Awrah is unlawful in Islam.

Prophet Muhammad, sallalahu alaihi wa sallam said:
"All of a woman is Awrah. When she leaves her home, Satan looks at her."
Reported by Imam At-Tirmidhi in his Sunan.

Here is evidance from the holy Quran that exposing any part of a woman's Awrah is haram - known or unknown, recognizable or not.

Surah an-Nur ayah 31: And say to the faithful women to lower their gazes, and to guard their private parts, and not to display their beauty except what is apparent of it, and to extend their headcoverings to cover their bosoms, and not to display their beauty except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their womenfolk, or what their right hands rule, or the followers from the men who do not feel sexual desire, or the small children to whom the nakedness of women is not apparent, and not to strike their feet on the ground so as to make known what they hide of their adornments. And turn in repentance to Allah together, O you the faithful, in order that you are successful.

This ayah from the holy Quran is the best evidence because the people a woman is allowed to display her beauty to are listed in this ayah, they are "their husbands or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons or their womenfolk or what their right hands rule, or the followers from the men who do not feel sexual desire or the small children to whom the nakedness of women is not apparent."

It also has to be said that many of the women in those advertisements that you talk about in abayas and hijaabs that don't even cover their beauty properly are actually non Muslim women. Even if they are Muslim do their wrong actions mean that you should also follow them? Would you follow someone into Jannah or Jahannam? So follow the actions of the pious Muslimah and not women like this who are leading themselves into Jahannam by showing their beauty and awrah.

nilufer
12-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, sister clearly shaythan is trying to give you excuses to justify you doing a job like this. If you think that showing off your beauty and awrah is justified and permissable in the eyes of Allah then go ahead with the job sister. But I can only advise you on what is best for you in accordance with Islam and there is no solution to your problem in a job like this where you will advertise your beauty and awrah.

A woman's Awrah is her entire body with the exception of her face and hands and according to some interpretations, her entire body including her face and hands. A woman's Awrah must not be seen by any non-Mahram men, because exposing the Awrah is unlawful in Islam.

Prophet Muhammad, sallalahu alaihi wa sallam said:
"All of a woman is Awrah. When she leaves her home, Satan looks at her."
Reported by Imam At-Tirmidhi in his Sunan.

Here is evidance from the holy Quran that exposing any part of a woman's Awrah is haram - known or unknown, recognizable or not.

Surah an-Nur ayah 31: And say to the faithful women to lower their gazes, and to guard their private parts, and not to display their beauty except what is apparent of it, and to extend their headcoverings to cover their bosoms, and not to display their beauty except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their womenfolk, or what their right hands rule, or the followers from the men who do not feel sexual desire, or the small children to whom the nakedness of women is not apparent, and not to strike their feet on the ground so as to make known what they hide of their adornments. And turn in repentance to Allah together, O you the faithful, in order that you are successful.

This ayah from the holy Quran is the best evidence because the people a woman is allowed to display her beauty to are listed in this ayah, they are "their husbands or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons or their womenfolk or what their right hands rule, or the followers from the men who do not feel sexual desire or the small children to whom the nakedness of women is not apparent."

It also has to be said that many of the women in those advertisements that you talk about in abayas and hijaabs that don't even cover their beauty properly are actually non Muslim women. Even if they are Muslim do their wrong actions mean that you should also follow them? Would you follow someone into Jannah or Jahannam? So follow the actions of the pious Muslimah and not women like this who are leading themselves into Jahannam by showing their beauty and awrah.

Brother i understand what you mean and i agree with you but how can i convince my husband now and he already put it in his mind as a solution for our finance problems ?

Hamza Asadullah
12-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Brother i understand what you mean and i agree with you but how can i convince my husband now and he already put it in his mind as a solution for our finance problems ?
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, show him the evidance i gave you and tell him that it is haraam and against Islam and that you must not show your awrah to anyone else especially in advertising. Also tell him that you would not want to earn this haraam money as it is not a solution for your financial problems at all but may make it worse as well as the fact that Allah does not accept deeds and duas of those who earn haraam money. My sister though halal money is harder to earn it is always better. This is a test for you so be firm that you will not earn in this way and ask of Allah and trust in him.

nilufer
12-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, show him the evidance i gave you and tell him that it is haraam and against Islam and that you must not show your awrah to anyone else especially in advertising. Also tell him that you would not want to earn this haraam money as it is not a solution for your financial problems at all but may make it worse as well as the fact that Allah does not accept deeds and duas of those who earn haraam money. My sister though halal money is harder to earn it is always better. This is a test for you so be firm that you will not earn in this way and ask of Allah and trust in him.
Brother i did told him but he didnt convince as he believe that still is not haram and he said that is like any job you do your work and you get paid so really iam in a bad situation

Insaanah
12-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Brother i did told him but he didnt convince as he believe that still is not haram and he said that is like any job you do your work and you get paid so really iam in a bad situation
:sl: sister,

This is not like any other job.

When women get chosen to do modelling, they get chosen either because of the shape of their body, or the prettiness of their face, or both.

Both of which Muslim women have been told to protect. In other jobs people are not concentrating on, nor giving you the job for, your looks, body and face. That is the difference.

If the brother posting above has convinced you that it is wrong, then you can easily convince your husband inshaAllah. Tell him that you don't want to do a job where you get chosen for your body or face, the things we have been told to protect. You are not a piece of flesh used to advertise or model or sell something. You, as a Muslim woman, are worth much more than that.

Trust in Allah and make a real effort to a) save money where you can, and b) to look elsewhere.

InshaAllah even if you have to live on less money, you will find more peace in your heart than if you did this "job".
And you can't buy peace in your heart with money, neither can you buy Allah's pleasure with money.

May Allah ease your circumstances. Ameen.

nilufer
12-15-2009, 11:11 PM

Sister you are even i proposed to my husband that i can find a job in any factory but he refused it and said that only i can modelling as he will be with me , I really dont know what to do plus we cannot save anything as all his small salary gone to rent and bills plus i took so much money from friends as a loan and now they want it and how can i pay them they dont want to be patient really we are in a difficult situation and ALLAH SWT knows our situation

Insaanah
12-16-2009, 09:42 AM

Sister you are even i proposed to my husband that i can find a job in any factory but he refused it and said that only i can modelling as he will be with me , I really dont know what to do plus we cannot save anything as all his small salary gone to rent and bills plus i took so much money from friends as a loan and now they want it and how can i pay them they dont want to be patient really we are in a difficult situation and ALLAH SWT knows our situation
Wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh Sister,

I really feel for you and your situation. May Allah make matters easy for you, ease your circumstances, and solve your problems. Ameen.

In terms of this job, we've advised you to the best of our ability and limited knowledge.

My advice still stands. However, now it's over to you. May Allah guide you to a good course of action.

My du'aas are with you for the best of Allah's pleasure in this world and the hereafter. Ameen.

nilufer
12-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh Sister,

I really feel for you and your situation. May Allah make matters easy for you, ease your circumstances, and solve your problems. Ameen.

In terms of this job, we've advised you to the best of our ability and limited knowledge.

My advice still stands. However, now it's over to you. May Allah guide you to a good course of action.

My du'aas are with you for the best of Allah's pleasure in this world and the hereafter. Ameen.

Jazaki Allah SWT kher sister

Salihah
12-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Well, I dont know if it is halal or haram, but I think this kind of job will bring more trouble into your marriage. More over you are not able to control who is looking at these pictures in the end and for what purpose.
This job seems to be limited for a short time so its not a good solution for your money problem. :hmm:

Your husband wants you to stay at home and dont take that job. So why do you want to give him more trouble. I would prefer to live in a peaceful home than to be wealthy.

nilufer
12-16-2009, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salihah
Well, I dont know if it is halal or haram, but I think this kind of job will bring more trouble into your marriage. More over you are not able to control who is looking at these pictures in the end and for what purpose.
This job seems to be limited for a short time so its not a good solution for your money problem. :hmm:

Your husband wants you to stay at home and dont take that job. So why do you want to give him more trouble. I would prefer to live in a peaceful home than to be wealthy.
Sister thank you for your advice but my husband wants me to do it because he will be with me but hes against me to do others jobs

Hamza Asadullah
12-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Sister thank you for your advice but my husband wants me to do it because he will be with me but hes against me to do others jobs
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, My sister know that you are being tested in regards to wealth as Allah states in the Qur'an:

We will surely test you in your wealth and in yourselves and you will hear many hurtful things from those who were given the book before you and from those who associate others with Allah. If you are steadfast and beware of Allah, that is the strongest position.
Aal 'Imraan: 186

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "When Allah desires good for someone, He tries him with hardships." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî]

The Muslim may be tested by all sorts of difficulties like sickness, lack of income, and disobedience from his children. In fact, the many afflictions that may beset a person are incalculable. This is the point that the Prophet (peace be upon him) was stressing when he mentioned: “fatigue, illness, anxiety, sorrow, harm or sadness …even to the extent of a thorn pricking him”.

All of these afflictions, if endured patiently by the believer, are a means of attaining Allah’s forgiveness as well as His reward.

Every one of us is being tested by Allah. He tests us all in different ways. We should not assume that the difficulties that we face in life are punishments or are signs that Allah is displeased with us. Likewise, we should never construe the success and pleasures that others enjoy as signs that Allah is pleased with them or that they are privileged. Sometimes, quite the opposite is true.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “If Allah wants good for his servant, He hurries on His punishment in this world, and if He wills ill for a servant, he holds back punishing him for his sin so He can give it to him in full on the Day of Resurrection.”

Allah makes it clear that everything in our lives – the good and the bad of it– is a trial for us. How will we cope in the situation that Allah has placed for us? Will we be grateful in prosperity and patient in affliction or will we be arrogant and disobedient?

Allah says: “Every soul shall taste of death. And We will test you with evil and with good by way of trial. And to Us is your return.” [Sûrah al-Anbiyâ’: 35].

Allah says: “Know that your wealth and your children are but a trial and that Allah has with Him a mighty reward.” [Sûrah al-Anfâl: 28]

Many people do not realize that they are tried just as severely with the good that they are given as they are by the misfortunes that befall them. Allah says: “And as for man, whenever his Lord tries him by honoring him and makes him lead an easy life, he says: ‘My Lord honors me’. But when He tries him by straitening his means of subsistence, he says: ‘My Lord has disgraced me’.” [Sûrah al-Fajr: 15-16]

Some people are blessed to be born and raised in good Muslim families then turn their backs on Islam, while others are born and raised in non-Muslim countries to unbelieving parents and grow up to be among the best of Muslims.

We are tried with wealth as well as poverty. If we are wealthy, will we hoard our wealth or spend in charity? Will we use it for lawful purposes or squander it in vice? Will we trust in Allah in our investments, or will our avarice and fear of losing our wealth make us take recourse to unlawful means to preserve it and increase it?

If we are poor, will we be content and patient and seek lawful means to attain our sustenance or will we resort to unlawful means to meet our needs? Will we accept the fact that Allah gives more to some people than he does to others, or will we grow hateful and vindictive?

We are tested with health as well as sickness. A man with good eyesight is tested with regards to his use of it. Will he use the blessing of his sight to good purpose or to gaze at unlawful things? His good eyesight may be what takes him to Hell. A blind man is tested whether he will bear patiently with his disability. His patience in affliction may be what earns him his place in Paradise. Our goal is the Hereafter and we are all being tested.

Allah says: “It is He who created death and life that He may try you as to which of you is best in deeds.” [Sûrah al-Mulk: 2]

We may also be tested through others. We know from experience that even a small child can experience suffering as well as a person who is mentally handicapped to such a degree that he cannot understand the concepts of Islam and is not legally accountable. Though it may not be that such a person is not undergoing tests of his own; however his plight may very well be a test for those his life affects. How will they treat him? Will they care for him, respect him, and give him his rights?

We may not be able to fathom the wisdom behind why Allah decrees what He does for us or for others of His creatures. However, we must know that Allah does everything in accordance with His wisdom and bear our trials patiently.

Ultimately, we must remember the words of Allah in the Qur’ân: “He cannot be questioned for what He does but they will be questioned.” [Sûrah al-Anbiyâ’: 23]

So my sister It is down to you whatever decision you make in learn and know that you will answer for it. Also know that this money will never benefit you or alleviate your dire financial circumstances.For the person who earns haram will eat haram and the person who earns and eats haram their deeds and dua's are not accepted so is is really worth it?

If you husband asked you to jump off a cliff would you? If you know it is haram then why would you insist on still going ahead with it? Doing this job will never give you peace in your heart for it will pollute your heart and soul so contemplate your move carefully for shaythan wants you to do the shoot for he knows you will fall into haram in doing so.

These are my final words to you on this matter.

May Allah help us pass the tests that befall us and make us of the patient and persevering. Ameen

nilufer
12-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Ameen, Jazaka ALLAH SWT kher brother

nilufer
12-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, My sister know that you are being tested in regards to wealth as Allah states in the Qur'an:

We will surely test you in your wealth and in yourselves and you will hear many hurtful things from those who were given the book before you and from those who associate others with Allah. If you are steadfast and beware of Allah, that is the strongest position.
Aal 'Imraan: 186

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "When Allah desires good for someone, He tries him with hardships." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî]

The Muslim may be tested by all sorts of difficulties like sickness, lack of income, and disobedience from his children. In fact, the many afflictions that may beset a person are incalculable. This is the point that the Prophet (peace be upon him) was stressing when he mentioned: “fatigue, illness, anxiety, sorrow, harm or sadness …even to the extent of a thorn pricking him”.

All of these afflictions, if endured patiently by the believer, are a means of attaining Allah’s forgiveness as well as His reward.

Every one of us is being tested by Allah. He tests us all in different ways. We should not assume that the difficulties that we face in life are punishments or are signs that Allah is displeased with us. Likewise, we should never construe the success and pleasures that others enjoy as signs that Allah is pleased with them or that they are privileged. Sometimes, quite the opposite is true.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “If Allah wants good for his servant, He hurries on His punishment in this world, and if He wills ill for a servant, he holds back punishing him for his sin so He can give it to him in full on the Day of Resurrection.”

Allah makes it clear that everything in our lives – the good and the bad of it– is a trial for us. How will we cope in the situation that Allah has placed for us? Will we be grateful in prosperity and patient in affliction or will we be arrogant and disobedient?

Allah says: “Every soul shall taste of death. And We will test you with evil and with good by way of trial. And to Us is your return.” [Sûrah al-Anbiyâ’: 35].

Allah says: “Know that your wealth and your children are but a trial and that Allah has with Him a mighty reward.” [Sûrah al-Anfâl: 28]

Many people do not realize that they are tried just as severely with the good that they are given as they are by the misfortunes that befall them. Allah says: “And as for man, whenever his Lord tries him by honoring him and makes him lead an easy life, he says: ‘My Lord honors me’. But when He tries him by straitening his means of subsistence, he says: ‘My Lord has disgraced me’.” [Sûrah al-Fajr: 15-16]

Some people are blessed to be born and raised in good Muslim families then turn their backs on Islam, while others are born and raised in non-Muslim countries to unbelieving parents and grow up to be among the best of Muslims.

We are tried with wealth as well as poverty. If we are wealthy, will we hoard our wealth or spend in charity? Will we use it for lawful purposes or squander it in vice? Will we trust in Allah in our investments, or will our avarice and fear of losing our wealth make us take recourse to unlawful means to preserve it and increase it?

If we are poor, will we be content and patient and seek lawful means to attain our sustenance or will we resort to unlawful means to meet our needs? Will we accept the fact that Allah gives more to some people than he does to others, or will we grow hateful and vindictive?

We are tested with health as well as sickness. A man with good eyesight is tested with regards to his use of it. Will he use the blessing of his sight to good purpose or to gaze at unlawful things? His good eyesight may be what takes him to Hell. A blind man is tested whether he will bear patiently with his disability. His patience in affliction may be what earns him his place in Paradise. Our goal is the Hereafter and we are all being tested.

Allah says: “It is He who created death and life that He may try you as to which of you is best in deeds.” [Sûrah al-Mulk: 2]

We may also be tested through others. We know from experience that even a small child can experience suffering as well as a person who is mentally handicapped to such a degree that he cannot understand the concepts of Islam and is not legally accountable. Though it may not be that such a person is not undergoing tests of his own; however his plight may very well be a test for those his life affects. How will they treat him? Will they care for him, respect him, and give him his rights?

We may not be able to fathom the wisdom behind why Allah decrees what He does for us or for others of His creatures. However, we must know that Allah does everything in accordance with His wisdom and bear our trials patiently.

Ultimately, we must remember the words of Allah in the Qur’ân: “He cannot be questioned for what He does but they will be questioned.” [Sûrah al-Anbiyâ’: 23]

So my sister It is down to you whatever decision you make in learn and know that you will answer for it. Also know that this money will never benefit you or alleviate your dire financial circumstances.For the person who earns haram will eat haram and the person who earns and eats haram their deeds and dua's are not accepted so is is really worth it?

If you husband asked you to jump off a cliff would you? If you know it is haram then why would you insist on still going ahead with it? Doing this job will never give you peace in your heart for it will pollute your heart and soul so contemplate your move carefully for shaythan wants you to do the shoot for he knows you will fall into haram in doing so.

These are my final words to you on this matter.

May Allah help us pass the tests that befall us and make us of the patient and persevering. Ameen
Ameen, Jazaka ALLAH SWT kher brother

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.