/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Am I weird?

AlHoda
12-07-2009, 05:00 PM
:sl:

My dear brothers and sisters, I would like to ask you a question.
1. I daydream a lot, is it haram to start making up stories up in your head. Like making up characters and stuff. Please don't judge me or insult me. I have had this problem for a while. Now I can't seem to think like other people, it is like i have a different mentality. I know that I am not crazy but I am not normal either.:hmm:

May Allah (swt) bless you all.

Hodan

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
12-07-2009, 06:39 PM
you mean imaginary friends? Most children have them but they outgrow them..
my niece who is four right now has made up a character named kolkaa, and she talks about her often as if she were an actual person..
I used to have imaginary friends as a kid too most notable was lunjaglarra who was also a blue triangle..
I think it is natural, shows resourcefulness, imagination and vision.. but I think after a certain age it isn't appropriate anymore -- it becomes a way to deal rather dodge difficult situations that we'd rather avoid than face head on, which is not mature for age..

try to Chanel your creativity and energy into more useful age appropriate things insha'Allah..

and Allah swt knows best

S_87
12-07-2009, 06:49 PM
do you mean u daydream about non sensical weird stuff? i do that all the time, even if it is weird, embrace it :) unless its somethign worrying or you think its real

AlHoda
12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Actually no, this is more serious. I can not think straightly, I can 't realise reality anymore, but in some ways i do. I don't talk a lot, i have almost never had friends. I am not good with people, like keep a conversation going.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
12-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Think of your mind as if it were a muscle. All muscles need exercise and deteriorate if not used. Your mind is no exception, except it has the ability to go on auto pilot and exercise itself, if you are not giving it enough of a work out. Read more, partake in halal puzzles, read more, try to study more, pick a new subject to learn, study the ahadeeth, try to memorize the Qur'an, read more, learn how to do wood work, try to identify all the plants in your neighborhood using a botony key, did I mention read more.

The initial effect is you will find yourself day dreaming more, but soon the day dreaming will become controlled imagination and be an effective tool for problem solving. You have a gift, but the gift is like a wild horse, train it and make it work for you, One of the best ways is to read. I hope I advised you to read more.

tango92
12-07-2009, 07:14 PM
have confidence, use your creativity to invite others to the straight path.
try writing books
if you have trouble with maintaining conversation then keep changing the subject, no probs

Donia
12-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Wa alaikum asalaam.

I don't think that you are weird. Maybe you are bored since you say you don't have friends or maybe you are sad and let your mind wander off rather than dealing with what is REALLY going on. (Kind of like what sister Skye was saying).

When you feel your mind start to daydream, try to stop yourself and think about something else. Or even better, go read some Quran. Do you have any hobbies? Is there anything that you have thought you might want to do but don't have the time? A cooking class or something?

I hope that helped insha'Allah.

Salaam.

جوري
12-07-2009, 07:50 PM
You are writing here sis, and in a lucid manner not in a manner akin to schizophrenics who are incoherent and nonsensical.. you are also reaching out to make friends, which maybe due to shyness or not having similar interest with real live people you avoid and seek else where.. you are really not at all different from anyone else..we all handle stressors or difficulties the best way we can.. it doesn't make us 'weird' it makes us unique individuals and that is certainly how Allah swt created us, to be unique individuals.. embrace who you are, and make different kinds of friends, the way you are here...
I'd like your friendship very much and I find you as sane as any sister here..

we're all slightly askew you know ;D ;D

Asiyah3
12-07-2009, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda

1. I daydream a lot, is it haram to start making up stories up in your head. Like making up characters and stuff. Please don't judge me or insult me. I have had this problem for a while. Now I can't seem to think like other people, it is like i have a different mentality. I know that I am not crazy but I am not normal either.:hmm:

Hodan

I think that the reason for that is boredom. BEcoz one doesn't speak with friends about some stuff, then he might think and think by himself. Just my humble opinion. I also think alot at times, almost always at days when I don't sleep well.

Dunno what to advice. I think you should use this oppportunity for beneficial things: seek knowledge, memorize qur'aan, there are a lot of things you can do (depends)...

dovelove
12-07-2009, 11:42 PM
whats up with daydreaming, if you know its a daydream then why not? i doubt ur weird and who is normal anyways, its not like u dont know what ur doin and i agree u just using ur imagination, its better than not using it.

i daydream loads most days some times all day and make up stories with imaginary people, i like it, i dont really bizness wat anyone else thinks and neither shud you. its all innocent, and comforting it is too.

sometimes reality sux and this leads me to take me self out in a daydream, i call it visualisation and its been recommended as relaxation technique. its fab i went on a boat the other day towards the sunset, was sweeeet ;)

and i am not weird

Hamza Asadullah
12-08-2009, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda

Hodan

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister there is a saying: "An idle mind is the playground of shaythan". Meaning that if your lying around not doing much then you are susceptible to shaythan messing around with your thoughts and confusing you aswell as coming up with different characters in your head etc. Do not think that your 'not normal' or 'wierd', because this is quite common but it is because one is lying around or sitting around most of the time not doing anything constructive. If one is not doing anything constructive then you are letting shaythan mess around with your head and give you all sorts of silly thoughts and ideas.

Here are some tips:

It is ALWAYS best that you surround yourself with ONLY good and pious friends and also with your family.

Always busy yourself in learning about Islam because your mind is young and fresh so you can absorb information more effectively. So read Islamic books, read the Qur'an with its meanings, read the Seerah of the Prophet(Pbuh) or Stories of the Prophets(As) and various other Islamic books that you would take a keen interest in.

Do your school work or homework.

Busy yourself in doing Dhikrullah(remembrance of Allah) like pondering and contemplating over the greatness of Allah and his creations and do tasbihs(rosary by counting in 100's) of "Subhanallahi Walhamdulillahi walaailaha ilallahu wallahuakbar" as well as "Subhanallahi Wabihamdihi Subhanallahil adheem". Aswell as Asthaghfar as much as you can aswell as Durood upon our beloved Prophet (Pbuh).

Learn sunnats of Rasulallah (Pbuh) and act upon them as much as you can.

Read Nafl prayers

Don't lie around and let your mind wonder always busy yourself with something constructive which will benefit you in the hereafter.

Get involved in Islamic sisters circles, halaqas, talks, meetings, dawah etc

Get yourself involved with good and pious company so that you can benefit from the gatherings of the remembrance of Allah.

Whenever a bad thought occurs to you:

a) Seek Allah’s forgiveness [saying, Astaghfirullah (‘I seek Allah’s forgiveness’)];

b) Seek protection from the Shaytan [saying, A`udhu billahi min ash-shaytan ar-rajeem (‘I seek refuge in Allah from the accursed shaytan’)]

c) Cut out the things that result in that bad thought immediately [e.g. shut the window with such images]

d) Then thank Allah, wholeheartedly, for enabling you to overcome your desires and shaytan [saying, Alhamdulillah (‘All praise is due to Allah’)]; this makes Shaytan despair, and strengthens one’s resolve.

If you keep erring, keep repeating these 4 quick and simple steps, and making dua with your prayers that Allah protect you. If you keep turning to Allah sincerely, He’ll accept your earnest requests, and free you of these problems inshallah.

Allah Most High has promised,

“As for those who strive in Us, We surely guide them to Our paths, and lo! Allah is with the good.” [Qur’an, 29.69]

IAmZamzam
12-08-2009, 10:38 PM
AlHoda, have you thought of writing the stories down? You could just be a born writer (or artist) whose imagination needs a proper release.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.