/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dazzling white teeth

جوري
12-08-2009, 03:22 AM
:sl:

It was great having br. Asyur here to share his dental wisdom with us, may Allah swt bless him with paradise (I also wonder what became of his brother who had converted subsequent to his passing)

anyhow.. I think this product is fantastic..

and this is one of the best reviews as it is actually written by a dentist..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...dp_product_img

129 of 130 people found the following review helpful:
4.0 out of 5 stars A Dentist Reviews This Product, August 23, 2005
By James Koenig "konedog" (Minnesota) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I am a dentist who recommends Crest White Strips to my patients because they do work to whiten teeth. However, they have to be used correctly and I recommend that you follow the directions exactly as specified inside the box.

1. First brush your teeth to remove the layer of plaque. Your teeth have pores and the pores need to be open for the chemical to penetrate.

2. Use the strips once or twice per day according the instructions. With the "Supreme" Crest Whitestrips, once per day is enough; with the "Professional" and the "Premium", use the product twice per day. The inner part of the strip has a chemical called carbamide peroxide (a form of hydrogen peroxide; in-office dental whitening uses a 15-30% version of the same chemical) that causes the stains inside your teeth to be oxidized and turn white. Applying the strips has a small learning curve as you will probably bend or fold a couple of them before you get the technique down.

2. Leave the strips on for 30 minutes at a time. After thirty minutes your saliva has probably diluted the peroxide to the extent that it is no longer effective. You can reapply a new strip immediately if you chose, for the treatment requires one hour of treatment time per day to work. It does not matter if you do this in one continuous 60-minute period or two 30-minute periods. Do this for two weeks and your teeth will get whiter.

Disadvantages

1. The chemical can and probably will "burn" your gums. If you notice a burning sensation when you use the product, it is the chemical oxidizing (or burning) your gums. Depending on how severe the burning is, it may cause you to want to stop the treatment. It is OK to stop the treatment for a day or two to let the gums heal. Once they are normal again, resume treatment with the White Strips. Try to not ge the strip on your gums.

2. Your teeth may become senstiive during the two-week treatment time. Try to tolerate the sensitivity if it is mild, but if more severe, take a day or two off to let the teeth settle down and then pick up where you left off. You may notice much more sensitivity to cold water, ice cream, etc. The peroxide causes an inflamation of the inner pulp, or nerve center of the tooth and makes the teeth very sensitive to biting or cold drinks or foods. If your teeth become too sensitive, back off on the strips until the sensitivity is gone before resuming bleaching.

3. The strips only cover your front teeth, so only your front teeth will bleach. You may notice the distinct difference between the back (unbleached) teeth and the front (bleached) teeth. Since most people notice the front 6 teeth anyway, this is not a big deal. However, if you have a wide toothy smile, you may want to have a dentist make you a tray that will hold the chemical on the back teeth to whiten them too.

3. The bleaching effect works best on yellow stains. If your stains are due to tetracycline (brownish grey stains in a band on your teeth, your best bet is to have a dentist whiten your teeth as the dentist will use a tray to hold a more concentrated form of the chemical on your teeth for a longer period of time. A dentist may also recommend an ultraviolet light bleaching which is costly, but works the best on these stains.

Crest White Strips work for the vast majority of people. They don't work as well or as fast as a dentist-made custom try bleaching, but over time, you will get a result that will be close to that of a dentist, and you will save money too. In any event, it is a good place to start with bleaching, and if you are not satisfied with the results, you can then see your dentist for a more concentrated form of bleaching.

FYI: Crest has three different strengths of bleaching products: Supreme (14% peroxide), "Premium (10% peroxide), and "Professional" (6.5% peroxide). The higher the peroxide the faster the bleaching, but the more sensitivity and side effects too. Use the higheer concentrations with caution and follow all instructions to a "T".

Jim "Konedog" Koenig, DDS
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Yes No (Report this) (Report this)

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
12-08-2009, 09:23 AM
cool great product ! we can now finally go from gold to pure ivory instantly after years and years of the culmination and build-up of tea , coffee , orangey cheetos and halwa stains:heated:

Khaldun
12-08-2009, 09:46 AM

Ok so how much is the company paying you sister Gossamer Skye? I mean to advertise their product for them?

جوري
12-08-2009, 04:26 PM
if I had to be a spokesperson it would be for the guy who makes the anesthetizing trays and toothpastes.. these are so incredibly painful that any chill of air or cold drink sends me to tears.. I don't use them as advertised -- I space them out ..

it all started a few weeks ago when I went to pick my sis from the hospital at night and I was driving at crazy speed, when all of a sudden I see teeth and sclera, I swear if I hadn't seen that, the poor woman would have been crushed Beneath my four by four, she was as dark as the night..
not sure she was smiling or if that were some sort of obscene gesture to comment on the way I was driving ;D

anyhow, the product works if you can stand it...

having pearly teeth can boost the morale while one works on the rest of the body and the mind to be a perfectly oiled machine

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
12-08-2009, 04:33 PM
i dont like the 'burning gums' part, kinda icky/scary. all sorts of adds these days seems to be promoting teeth whitening or more specifically 'find out how one mum did it for under $5'

Rabi'ya
12-08-2009, 04:35 PM

does it really hurt that much? A friend of mine used some teeth whitening product before and burnt her lips :? duno howshe managed to get it on her lips tho

Khaldun
12-08-2009, 04:55 PM

What happened to the lady is she ok?

I like the way you mentioned body before mind.

Sounds interesting where did you say I can get it again?

جوري
12-08-2009, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
i dont like the 'burning gums' part, kinda icky/scary. all sorts of adds these days seems to be promoting teeth whitening or more specifically 'find out how one mum did it for under $5'
True.. but If you were really interested you'll have to bear with it and find a way.. no pain no gain

format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

does it really hurt that much? A friend of mine used some teeth whitening product before and burnt her lips :? duno howshe managed to get it on her lips tho
It does but I think it varies.. with some people the pain is :skeleton: with others it is :exhausted and some are just plain :shade: -- I think it is very possible to get it on the gums and lips especially if one is clumsy (I can be very clumsy) but if you can manage to cut it a bit while it is still on its plastic sheet then it will be small enough to fit just the teeth.. I'd avoid getting it on the gums if I can and just do it slowly so it isn't in contact with lips or clothes ..

format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

What happened to the lady is she ok?
When I looked in my rear view mirror she was fine, or rather she disappeared into the night so I couldn't tell after a while :nervous:
I like the way you mentioned body before mind.
Alphabetical order and no more (al3aqal aslaeem fi iljism asaleem :statisfie )
Sounds interesting where did you say I can get it again?
The one I advertised above is the 14% I'd start with a lower strength, and I'd look for it on ebay as it is substantially cheaper there, or amazon.com

but if you want to go straight for the kill, then purchase just a few from ebay and see how it works for you..

here is one seller that sells them in different numbers before you make a big commitment that will prove costly

http://shop.ebay.com/blueskyjet33/m....&_trksid=p4340

I'd also start brushing with a toothpaste that curbs on pain two or three weeks before I start treatment.. The pain can be pretty intense and make you miserable.. however it can be a plus (if you are into the silver lining) you'll lose wight because you won't be able to chew anything and even liquids (hot and cold) will prove a challenge ;D;D;D;D

vanity is a deadly sin ain't it? :embarrass

جوري
12-08-2009, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
cool great product ! we can now finally go from gold to pure ivory instantly after years and years of the culmination and build-up of tea , coffee , orangey cheetos and halwa stains:heated:

sorry I just noticed your comment...
I think cheetos have porcine enzymes?

lol you remind me of this video though:

Media Tags are no longer supported

I didn't see much difference in this guy's teeth though..
you may want to mute the vid. as there is some annoying mutters from some shrews toward the middle of it...

S_87
12-13-2009, 12:29 PM
True.. but If you were really interested you'll have to bear with it and find a way.. no pain no gain
for sure :D

now youre talking:

however it can be a plus (if you are into the silver lining) you'll lose wight because you won't be able to chew anything and even liquids (hot and cold) will prove a challenge

Muezzin
12-15-2009, 11:16 PM
The Onion had this article about how there is a limit to how white one can render one's teeth, unless one wants to install a black light in one's mouth.

جوري
12-16-2009, 03:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
The Onion had this article about how there is a limit to how white one can render one's teeth, unless one wants to install a black light in one's mouth.
I am not at comically white yet, but I really can't knock down comically white for it was the only thing that saved that poor woman from being swallowed by my front grill:

was all I saw against the dark portrait of night where the rest of her disappeared .............

ژاله
12-16-2009, 07:07 AM
baking soda+lemon juice paste can also whiten the teeth.

Snowflake
12-16-2009, 07:17 AM
^best way@Malaak :D

Sis Skye: it all started a few weeks ago when I went to pick my sis from the hospital at night and I was driving at crazy speed, when all of a sudden I see teeth and sclera, I swear if I hadn't seen that, the poor woman would have been crushed Beneath my four by four, she was as dark as the night..
not sure she was smiling or if that were some sort of obscene gesture to comment on the way I was driving
Sis did you have a conversation with the woman sis and mention she lived that day due to her reflective teeth, and that's how you found out abt this product :? lol it sounds like it :wub:

\/ I know a person with teeth this white. Simon Cowell! ;D

جوري
12-16-2009, 07:22 AM
I agree with baking soda, sodium bicarb or peroxide is the conventional bleach in most of the popular whitening toothpaste but they all come in different concentration the higher the conc. the better faster whitening and more sensitivity (above is the highest conc. at 14%) -- but don't know about the lemon juice all that acid can probably weaken enamel.. but maybe so.. I am open to believe that it could be...

جوري
12-16-2009, 07:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
^best way@Malaak :D

Sis did you have a conversation with the woman sis and mention she lived that day due to her reflective teeth, and that's how you found out abt this product :? lol it sounds like it :wub:
I don't usually stop to talk with someone who is a potential road kill -- I wanted to erase the event from memory, but it really was amusing...

no the product is quite popular, tried it before several times, just never stuck with it because of the way it shifts, leaves a yucky taste, some frothing like a mad hooligan that no one wants to swallow so it oozes and obviously due to sensitivity.. she just re-sparked my interest.. and I found a way around all that (well except for the pain) but I can be a stoic..:skeleton:

\/ I know a person with teeth this white. Simon Cowell! ;D
I know what a surprise.. in the U.S we have the big book of British smiles and it ain't pretty

;D;D;D;D;D

I jest...........

Snowflake
12-16-2009, 07:44 AM
^Lol k. I recommend rubbing olive oil on the gums before treatment. Should protect from burns inshaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.