/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Microrganisms on mosquitoes ?

Al-Hanbali
12-08-2009, 11:53 AM
:salamext:

Does anyone know anything about particular organisms that live on mosquitoes (undetectable by the eye of course) ?

I received an amazing email, RE: a miracle from alQur'aan, but just want to verify something first.

So yh, these organisms; kinda flea-like...?

JazakumAllaahu Khayr.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-08-2009, 12:05 PM
I do not know about with mosquitos but I am awae of a microscopic mite that infests fleas so ironically some fleas have "fleas". There is also one that infest honey bees. Based on that I assume there are also some that infest mosquitoes.

The smallest known mite is the "water bear" a tiny arachnid the size of some bacteria. They are some very tiny critters in this world. All of us humans carry eye lash mites, little benign critters that live in our eyelash follicles. Even newborn babies have them.

I believe it is fairly safe to say there are mites that specifically infest all living creatures, including mosquitoes.

EDIT: Did some searching and at least some mosquitoes have "fleas" Check this link:http://www.royalsociety.org.nz/Site/.../2006/003.aspx

Ummu Sufyaan
12-10-2009, 06:35 AM
:sl:
i think i know which e-mail you a talking about (is it in reference to a verse in surat al-Baqarah :?)...if it is, i think its best to check out the tafseer's of the ayah first and foremost before tackling the scientific aspect of it...

syilla
12-10-2009, 07:03 AM
I think someone posted once in one of the thread showing butterflies and its larva...below the youtube theres another tube showing other microorganisms on other insects...

erm i think so...

*got to go and check it out... - pardon me if i don't cause i'm working now :hiding:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.