/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Da'wah to a friend who can't accept islam because she can't stop partying

Ali_008
12-08-2009, 12:17 PM
:sl:
As you must have understood from the title itself, I have a friend who believes in the oneness of God and the Qur'an and Prophet Muhammad :saws: but resists Islam because she says she can't stop going to parties and can't be covering all her body. She is kind of afraid of being embarrassed in front of people by doing all this. She says when she's worried or in trouble, she listens to the recitation of the Qur'an online which gives her peace. Help? Anyone?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khaldun
12-08-2009, 12:41 PM

A man once came up to one of the Imams of the past [I forgot who it was] he said o Imam I know Islaam is the truth and that the Qur'aan is the word of Allah and indeed Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, but I love to drink alcohol and I can not stop doing this what shall I do?

The Imam replied accept Islaam and drink your alcohol. When people around the Imam heared this they got shocked so the Imam explained to them saying, a sinning muslim is better then any non believer, so for this person to accept Islaam even though he still might be sinning is far better for him then to not accept islaam at all.

Rabi'ya
12-08-2009, 01:05 PM

fantastic answer. I was going to post the same......this is one of the things that actually brought me closer to Islam. There is no compulsion and no hardship when becomming a Muslim. As she accepts Islam inshAllah her heart will be softened towards Allah and she will naturally stop the bad things.

cat eyes
12-08-2009, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

A man once came up to one of the Imams of the past [I forgot who it was] he said o Imam I know Islaam is the truth and that the Qur'aan is the word of Allah and indeed Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, but I love to drink alcohol and I can not stop doing this what shall I do?

The Imam replied accept Islaam and drink your alcohol. When people around the Imam heared this they got shocked so the Imam explained to them saying, a sinning muslim is better then any non believer, so for this person to accept Islaam even though he still might be sinning is far better for him then to not accept islaam at all.
brother a source would be appreciated like bukhari hadith or something. have never heard of this and to be quite honest with you it don't sound right to me

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
12-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Will the prayers of one who drinks alcohol not be accepted for forty days?
Is the report narrated from the Messenger of Allaah Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), which says that whoever drinks alcohol, his prayers will not be accepted for a period of forty days, saheeh?.

Praise be to Allaah.
Yes, there are many saheeh ahaadeeth concerning the punishment for one who drinks alcohol, which say that his prayers will not be accepted for forty days. This was narrated from ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas, Ibn ‘Abbaas, Ibn ‘Umar and Ibn ‘Amr.

See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 709, 2039, 2695, 1854.

One of these ahaadeeth was narrated by Ibn Maajah (3377) from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever drinks alcohol and gets drunk, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days and if he dies he will go to Hell. But if he repents, Allaah will accept his repentance. If he again drinks alcohol and gets drunk, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days and if he dies he will go to Hell. But if he repents, Allaah will accept his repentance. If he again drinks alcohol and gets drunk, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days and if he dies he will go to Hell. But if he repents, Allaah will accept his repentance. If he commits (this sin) again, then Allaah pledges to make him drink the mud of khabaal on the Day of Resurrection.” They asked, “O Messenger of Allaah, what is the mud of khabaal?” He said, “The juices of the people of Hell.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

The fact that his prayers are not accepted does not mean that they are not valid, or that he should give up praying, rather it means that he will not be rewarded for them.

So the benefit of praying will be that he will have discharged his duty and will not be punished for not doing it.

Abu ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mandah said: The words “his prayer will not be accepted” mean that he will not be rewarded for his prayer for forty days, as a punishment for his drinking alcohol, just as they say that the one who speaks on Friday when the imam is delivering the khutbah should pray Jumu’ah but there is no Jumu’ah for him, meaning that he will not be given the reward for Jumu’ah as a punishment for his sin.

Ta’zeem Qadr al- Salaah, 2/587, 588. See also question no. 20037.

Al-Nawawi said:

With regard to his prayer not being accepted, what this means is that he will not be rewarded for it, even though it is valid in the sense that he has discharged his duty and does not need to repeat it. End quote.

No doubt the person who drinks alcohol still has to perform the prayers on time. If he were to delay any of his prayers, he would be committing a grave major sin, which is worse than the sin of drinking alcohol.

This punishment for drinking alcohol applies to the one who does not repent. But if he repents to Allaah and turns to Him, He will accept his repentance and accept his good deeds, as it says in the hadeeth quoted above: “… but if he repents, Allaah will accept his repentance.” And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The one who repents from sin is like one who did not commit sin.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 4250; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

And Allaah knows best.

source

we need to understand that when people revert it is not very often possible to give up everything straight away. slowly slowly their heart wil be softened and they will leave the things that bring harm. sometimes its the fear of change. if this person wants to follow islam then alhamdulillah and they should be encouraged. even if they do bad things along the way. inshAllah as time passes they will become an excellent Muslim.

ardianto
12-08-2009, 03:12 PM

Ulama in my country must be agree with this answer.
When they converted someone into Islam, they never forced this someone to change his/her behavior immediately. But they guide those new convert slow but sure, step by step.

Woodrow
12-08-2009, 03:30 PM
It is far better for a person to say the Shadah even while blatantly sinning, then to put it off. Once the person accepts being Muslim, the urge for the bad habits will pass. It is amazing the strength one gains once they come home to Islam.

cat eyes
12-08-2009, 03:38 PM
:sl:sister i am aware of these hadiths however i asked the source from the brother where the imam said its okay to drink. its one of the rules here cos people might take it out of context. in all the lectures ive attended regarding reverts i have never heard such a thing. i am not only saying for myself i am saying for all the members here. jazakAllah

Khaldun
12-08-2009, 03:51 PM

You are right sister, the religion is based upon evidence. I will get you the source bithnilAllah of who the Imaam was etc.

As for what the Imaam did then it was to use hikmah (wisedom) the best thing for a person is to accept islam and leave off all the sins yet sometimes this is very difficult and might make the revert want to leave thinking everything is haram in Islaam.

If you read the Qur'aan you will realise that certain verses say things like do not approach the prayer whilst drunk, we might find that strange and think but we arent allowed to drink at all! But this shows that the prohibition of alcohol was in steps and if it had been all at once people would have said by Allah I will never leave off drinking alcohol. But once firm belief enters their hearts then they follow Islaam 100%

cat eyes
12-08-2009, 03:53 PM

You are right sister, the religion is based upon evidence. I will get you the source bithnilAllah
no worries bro :) thanks

Khaldun
12-08-2009, 03:58 PM

Btw sister just to clear something up, I never said the Imam said it is ok to drink, what i meant is that if a person has to make the choice of sinning whilst being a muslim or not being a muslim at all you choose the lesser of the two evils.

cat eyes
12-08-2009, 04:03 PM

Btw sister just to clear something up, I never said the Imam said it is ok to drink, what i meant is that if a person has to make the choice of sinning whilst being a muslim or not being a muslim at all you choose the lesser of the two evils.
i know but people take things out of context you know when they see others not quoting sources they normally start to do it themselves and that leads to his words(who ever he was) being corrupted by others so we really need to be careful inshaAllah but i know you mean well bro :statisfie

Ali_008
12-08-2009, 06:08 PM
JazakAllah Khair brothers and sisters
If its that way then this friend of mine has already said the shahadah many times though she said it mostly during doing her research on Islam. She read a book on Islam which was given to her by another Muslim brother. She has proclaimed the shahadah as far as I know and because of that sometimes I pray for her as well.

Still the problem would be, though to some extent she understands the concept of Allah and some fundamentals of Islam, she's still doing these haraam activities. I recently thought she has become a kaafir because she rejected faith after having accepted it and that thought came to my mind because her life's a mess right now. I can say that she's a Muslim right now but instead of getting closer she has moved far away from Islam after she realised that she won't be able to the above mentioned things.

cat eyes
12-08-2009, 07:51 PM
:sl: its seems like she needs more suport 2get that one little step further and give up the alcohol and that involves support of a different kind. Half the girls that go out partying are actually addicted to the stuff..they are really not happy deep down but they do simply to block out other things thats going on in there life. Now this is what u should do get her 2 know other learned reverted sisterz if she is truly serious abt islam she will really b truly enspired by meeting other reverted people face 2face. I believe this is what might benefit her in her journey into islam. They will be able to understand her totally as i knw many reverts who went through the same thing however i was lucky enough i was never interested in alcohol before i reverted but did it out of peer pressure at a party once.. And it was absolutly disgusting lol All the best brother. And continue 2 make duaa 4 her..

Khaldun
12-09-2009, 09:59 AM

I still havent found the story of the Imaam [it takes time going through all the books]

But I did find this hadith:

It has been reported by Daramee and declared saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaanee the following hadith

Two men came to the Prophet saying we want to accept Islaam but we do not want to pray the Prophet replied then accept Islaam. When the people around the Prophet asked him how can they accept Islaam and not pray? Then the Prophet replied once they accept Islaam it will call them towards prayer.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.