/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes my fellow Christians bug me.

Italianguy
12-09-2009, 07:03 AM
All i hear from most of my Christian friends all day is "I can't wait for judgement day" alllll daaaaaay long. How selfish is that. I ask them, well if it comes tomorow, are you sure our creator isn't going to point you away from those so called pearly gates?
What if your gates sre rusty and dark?
What have you done to help with and in humanity?
How much about God do you know?
Why do you wan't to leave what God gave us (earth) domain over so bad? Whom have you helped to come to God?
Whom have you turned away from God?

You say this world isn't worth saving, that it has got evil in it.....
God created this earth, what did you do to his creation? There is only evil because we create it.

I am staying as long as God ALLOWS me to. I am going to help evryone I can no matter their faith or status. I will go on mission trips (as I do now) to help rebuild villages for brothers and sisters who need my help. I'm going to Nicaragua in july for 2 weeks to design build and install a new electric system for a village with money from my own pocket, and for no payment! And i was asked why?
I was told that I shouldn't go on a Christian mission trip unless they are going to convert or are already Christians. Why?
I go to help! If one wants to know about God i tell them, if not, I don't. I am there to help because I love all equally

I am going to India to help finish building a new school in August.....for Muslims! Because I care, thats why....and they feed me well.lol

My payment is no more than a smile from a child who is so happy just to hold a book in his or her hand for the first time and learn, I need nothing else.

If i am not admitted into heaven, well....I tried God, I really did

I would trade my heavenly reward(if I get it) to save one other, just one.

So am I ready for judgement day?.........yes, do I wan't it to come now, no
there is to much here to do, to many unbelievers who need me, to many suffering, to many who just need a shoulder to cry on, to many who doubt their faith and need help along their journey.

I didn't cry for 8 years strait until a little Pakistani girl came to me and told me with those huge brown eyes(omg, i just melt for that) and a big smile, that Allah must love me because i just because i just fixed her roof for her parents(it was her room that was leaking) .............payment enough!:cry:

I pray that there are more out there. I know there are.

I ask my fellow Christians to stop sitting around waiting for judgement day, get of your @$$ and start helping, strart giving to everyone, everything you have, and when your out...give more! not just to your church.

God bless all

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khaldun
12-09-2009, 12:00 PM
:sl:

There is much truth in what you have written italianguy and I appluade you for that.

From an islamic perspective we truly dread the day of judgement and it is mentioned in the Qur'aan many times that the only people who ask for the judgement day to be hastened are the unbelievers where as the true believers fear and dread this day.

Imagine standing infront of your creator and being asked for every single action in your life? Even if a person was destined to go to heaven he will without doubt struggle on that day.

As muslims we take our Prophet as our role model in life, and if you read the Qur'aan you will see that he was very worried about the people who didnt believe and this should be the true nature of a believer. Not to be selfish rather he should want goodness for all mankind. The Prophet could have said why should i care about these people! But he didnt, rather like all other Prophets he sacrificed his wealth and time in order to help mankind.

What you are doing is indeed a noble thing and I ask Allah to aide you in it, and that Allah opens your heart towards Islaam, I do not say this like a crazy muslim trying to convert people but rather I say this as a fellow human being who has seen the purity of Islaam and want to share it with you.

LaRocque
12-09-2009, 02:02 PM
I can't believe that there are people asking for judgement day to come! I would not say I fear Judgement Day, I feel I am a good person and do everything I can to help others and hope that on that day I will be admitted into Heaven. However, I certainly do not look forward to its coming!
I think no matter the religion, nationality, or sex some people just don't make sense to me,lol. I can certainly understand why you would be bothered by this.

Abu Zainab
12-09-2009, 02:46 PM
All I can say Italianguy is that you have a good heart.

I think the people who cannot wait for the judgment day to come are 100% sure of their destiny...how arrogant can you get!!

Our Prophet has taught us that at the time of death we should be in a state of hope and fear.

Every day we spend on this earth we should strive to repent and do righteous deeds and help others in the hope that the Almighty would forgive us and include us among the righteous.

BTW Italianguy, with all due respect I would like to point out that Prophet Mohammed is the only difference between you and us. Why don't you sincerely pray to the Almighty Creator to show you if this man - Prophet Mohammed - was really sent by him and was he really the last of all the other prophets before him e.g. Jesus, Moses, Abraham, Noah etc. (peace be upon them all).

We love and respect all the prophets without any distinction. I for one, if I have a son Inshallaah, would like to name him Yahya (Arabic name of John the Baptist) because of my immense love and respect for him.

I know I went way off topic here but I just couldn't resist.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supreme
12-09-2009, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
All i hear from most of my Christian friends all day is "I can't wait for judgement day" alllll daaaaaay long. How selfish is that. I ask them, well if it comes tomorow, are you sure our creator isn't going to point you away from those so called pearly gates?
What if your gates sre rusty and dark?
What have you done to help with and in humanity?
How much about God do you know?
Why do you wan't to leave what God gave us (earth) domain over so bad? Whom have you helped to come to God?
Whom have you turned away from God?

You say this world isn't worth saving, that it has got evil in it.....
God created this earth, what did you do to his creation? There is only evil because we create it.

I am staying as long as God ALLOWS me to. I am going to help evryone I can no matter their faith or status. I will go on mission trips (as I do now) to help rebuild villages for brothers and sisters who need my help. I'm going to Nicaragua in july for 2 weeks to design build and install a new electric system for a village with money from my own pocket, and for no payment! And i was asked why?
I was told that I shouldn't go on a Christian mission trip unless they are going to convert or are already Christians. Why?
I go to help! If one wants to know about God i tell them, if not, I don't. I am there to help because I love all equally

I am going to India to help finish building a new school in August.....for Muslims! Because I care, thats why....and they feed me well.lol

My payment is no more than a smile from a child who is so happy just to hold a book in his or her hand for the first time and learn, I need nothing else.

If i am not admitted into heaven, well....I tried God, I really did

I would trade my heavenly reward(if I get it) to save one other, just one.

So am I ready for judgement day?.........yes, do I wan't it to come now, no
there is to much here to do, to many unbelievers who need me, to many suffering, to many who just need a shoulder to cry on, to many who doubt their faith and need help along their journey.

I didn't cry for 8 years strait until a little Pakistani girl came to me and told me with those huge brown eyes(omg, i just melt for that) and a big smile, that Allah must love me because i just because i just fixed her roof for her parents(it was her room that was leaking) .............payment enough!:cry:

I pray that there are more out there. I know there are.

I ask my fellow Christians to stop sitting around waiting for judgement day, get of your @$$ and start helping, strart giving to everyone, everything you have, and when your out...give more! not just to your church.

God bless all

Really? Which church do you go to? Most fellow Christians I know just try and focus on being good people, and not lazy or arrogant.

I, for one, am not too sure if I would go to Heaven or Hell if I died today. My faith is sound, but my deeds and love are not always good. I can be very cruel to people sometimes, whether intentional or unintentional. But I can see where you're coming from. I remember the story of the rich man who came to Jesus, and all he needed to do was surrender his possessions to the poor and he would inherit the Kingdom of God. He failed. So I agree that giving as much as your wealth as you can to the poor is very important, and not just what is convenient:

1As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. 2He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins.[a] 3"I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. 4All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."
(Luke 21:1-4)

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Really? Which church do you go to? Most fellow Christians I know just try and focus on being good people, and not lazy or arrogant.

I, for one, am not too sure if I would go to Heaven or Hell if I died today. My faith is sound, but my deeds and love are not always good. I can be very cruel to people sometimes, whether intentional or unintentional. But I can see where you're coming from. I remember the story of the rich man who came to Jesus, and all he needed to do was surrender his possessions to the poor and he would inherit the Kingdom of God. He failed. So I agree that giving as much as your wealth as you can to the poor is very important, and not just what is convenient:

(Luke 21:1-4)
I go to an awesome non denominational church, The pastor is great at delivery of the word and stressing life application of it. It's not the people in my church who say this but people who i come in contact with throughout my day.

The majority of Christians i know(and its alot) don't say this and are very involved in the church. I personaly volenteer alot at my church. It's very satisfying. But most are scared of Muslims too, mostly because they don't know any and watchg to much tv.

I made most of my Muslim friends by just walking up to them and introducing myself. I'm not afraid of anything...well, spiders.

God bless.

abu salaahudeen
12-20-2009, 12:11 AM
we're not scary

Woodrow
12-20-2009, 12:42 AM
I've known quite a lot of Christians like you describe. I also disliked that attitude when I was a Christian. I always saw it as Arrogance and lack of empathy to others. Sort of like they were saying: "Sure hope judgment day gets here before all them loosers get saved."

Italianguy
12-20-2009, 05:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I've known quite a lot of Christians like you describe. I also disliked that attitude when I was a Christian. I always saw it as Arrogance and lack of empathy to others. Sort of like they were saying: "Sure hope judgment day gets here before all them loosers get saved."

Sorry you had to experience that.imsad

Its the truth sometimes though. But i will say i have expereinced this attitude with all the other faiths. It just buggs me more when i'm trying to get ahead and they push me two steps back, especially with my own faith.

God bless.

format_quote Originally Posted by abu salaahudeen
we're not scary
LOL, not at all. and I have met multiple finatics of a lot of faiths, nothing scares me;D.....................okay.....maybe spiders.:nervous: ewwwwww

Zainab and her husband, friends of mine who are Muslim. Told me when they met me that i scared them.lol

They said i look like "A mafia dude"......that was their words.

I guess being 6'2" 250 pounds, and wearing all black italian made suits and black leather gloves with a black cashmere overcoat, and jet black hair slicked back, kinda sets that image for me?

And my wife and Zainab said i have this crazy scary look on my face? When we went to the mall the other day, Zainabs friends, we met at a kiosk told her(when i wasn't around) " He looks like he wants to kill somebody" And that i "have a crazy looking grinn on my face all the time"

............so now its the Arabs saying the Italian guy is scary.lol......who would of thought that????

God be with you.......And if you see the Scary Italian dude in the mall, give me a smile, I'm a nice guy.......As long as you take my offer you can't refuse!LOL:D

Woodrow
12-20-2009, 01:30 PM
LOL, not at all. and I have met multiple finatics of a lot of faiths, nothing scares me;D.....................okay.....maybe spiders.:nervous: ewwwwww

Zainab and her husband, friends of mine who are Muslim. Told me when they met me that i scared them.lol

I guess being 6'2" 250 pounds, and wearing all black italian made suits and black leather gloves with a black cashmere overcoat, and jet black hair slicked back, kinda sets that image for me?

And my wife and Zainab said i have this crazy scary look on my face? When we went to the mall the other day, Zainabs friends, we met at a kiosk told her(when i wasn't around) " He looks like he wants to kill somebody" And that i "have a crazy looking grinn on my face all the time"

............so now its the Arabs saying the Italian guy is scary.lol......who would of thought that????

God be with you.......And if you see the Scary Italian dude in the mall, give me a smile, I'm a nice guy.......As long as you take my offer you can't refuse!LOL:D
You're Lucky. I am primarily Tatar (Mongol) but I inherited mostly the features of the white side of the family. I kept trying to look like my Mongol relatives and the closest I ever got was to look like Alfred E. Newman (Mad Magazine) with a Fu-Manchu mustache. I don't think I sacred anybody, but little kids used to laugh at me.

Supreme
12-20-2009, 02:56 PM

You're 6'2?

Lucky *insert swear word here*

I'm 5'7. Being short sucks.

sister herb
12-20-2009, 04:53 PM
You're Lucky. I am primarily Tatar (Mongol) but I inherited mostly the features of the white side of the family. I kept trying to look like my Mongol relatives and the closest I ever got was to look like Alfred E. Newman (Mad Magazine) with a Fu-Manchu mustache. I don't think I sacred anybody, but little kids used to laugh at me.
Tatar? Interesting. I know one Tatar who lives in Finland but she is from Siberia.

But who knows, maybe you are far relatives. :nervous:

Italianguy
12-20-2009, 05:15 PM
You're 6'2?

Lucky *insert swear word here*

I'm 5'7. Being short sucks.
Sorry bro, I'm one of those rare tall Italians, most of us are short. My father was 5'11" my mother is 5'3" my brother is 5'9".

God bless.:D

Italianguy
12-20-2009, 05:20 PM
lol. Don't let them laugh at you dude. Be proud of who you are!:D

Dude just tell people your related to Charles Bronson the original Bada**.......and he is Tatar:D

IbnAbdulHakim
12-20-2009, 05:59 PM
italianguy you think like a muslim

HINT HINT

Supreme
12-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Sorry bro, I'm one of those rare tall Italians, most of us are short. My father was 5'11" my mother is 5'3" my brother is 5'9".

God bless.:D
And I'm one of those wierd small Anglo Saxons, my father is 6'0, my uncle is 6'3 and my grandad is 5'11. Hopefully, God willing, I'll grow some more- boys don't stop growing until they're 21, which gives me three years left to grow to my maximum.

God Bless you too.

Italianguy
12-20-2009, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
italianguy you think like a muslim

HINT HINT
LOL. Why is that?

What are you HINTING at????.........The cheese thread??? lol.;D

God bless.

Italianguy
12-20-2009, 08:36 PM
And I'm one of those wierd small Anglo Saxons, my father is 6'0, my uncle is 6'3 and my grandad is 5'11. Hopefully, God willing, I'll grow some more- boys don't stop growing until they're 21, which gives me three years left to grow to my maximum.

God Bless you too.
Don't worry. God will grant you.......Height, one day;D

God bless.

Italianguy
12-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Do I talk(type) and act as a Mulsim???

I only write for what thy do and as thy act, for it is the pen that is mightier than the sword.......and the AK47 that mightier than both.lol;D

Just kidding folks...calm down.

Why is it that so many are saying that so often??

Ummu Sufyaan
12-21-2009, 02:39 AM
was that suppose to be some phoney joke using an even phoner "scape-goat"? cos it aint very funny imsad

p.s i am calm.

Italianguy
12-21-2009, 02:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
what that suppose to be some phoney joke using an even phoner "scape-goat"? cos it aint very funny imsad

p.s i am calm.

A thousand apologies,Sorry sister, i will delete it, I meant no insult.

PLease accept my most humble appologies.:embarrass

God be with you.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-21-2009, 03:04 AM
no worries :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.