/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Quote

Grofica
12-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Hello everyone...

i wanted to start a post for your favorite quote. i have seen so many people post beautiful sayings on here and there and some in peoples signature blocks but its hard to search every post for a beautiful quote and so please please please post your favorite quote here...

sorry i really like quotes :-)

funny, serious, thought provoking... cry laugh... anything you got :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Grofica
12-09-2009, 11:55 PM
ok i will start with the quote that inspired this tread.... sorry i forgot who posted it... :-(

"Whomever sees evil must try to change it with his hands, if he cannot then by his tongue, if he cannot then he should hate it by his heart and that is the weakest of faith" ~Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)

islam_mydeen
12-14-2009, 01:41 AM
"The Sunnah is like the Ark of Noah"
Whoever gets aboard it shall be saved and whoever stays shall drown.

islam_mydeen
12-14-2009, 01:42 AM
When the world pushes you to your knees, your are in the perfect position to pray.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islam_mydeen
12-14-2009, 01:42 AM
"All humans are dead except those who have knowledge ... And all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds ... And those who do good are deceived, except those who are sincere ... And those who are sincere are always in a state of worry [for others]"

Imam Shafi'

islam_mydeen
12-14-2009, 01:43 AM
A calamity which makes you turn to Allah, is better for you than a blessing which makes you turn away from Him...

islam_mydeen
12-14-2009, 01:45 AM
The person I like most is the one who points out my defects - Umar (radiAllahu anhu)

islam_mydeen
12-14-2009, 01:46 AM
The company of a good friend is like an owner of musk; if you don’t buy anything, you will get the smell of it.
The company of a bad friend is like the blacksmith’s bellows; if you are not affected by its black dirt, you will be touched by its smoke.

islam_mydeen
12-14-2009, 01:47 AM
"When two persons are together, two of them must no whisper to each other, without letting the third hear; because it would hurt him." (Bukhari & Muslim)

islam_mydeen
12-14-2009, 01:48 AM
"Do you know what is better than charity and fasting and prayer? It is keeping peace and good relations between people, as quarrels and bad feelings destroy mankind." (Muslims & Bukhari)

islam_mydeen
"What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured." (Bukhari)

islam_mydeen
"The life of this world is just the enjoyment of delusion" [Surah Al 'Imran (3):185]

See the materialism of this world for what it is. It's just a rest stop, just some shade, on the highway to the hereafter. Treat it as such.

islam_mydeen
12-14-2009, 01:49 AM
If you plant honesty, You will reap trust
If you plant goodness, You will reap friends
If you plant humility, You will reap greatness
If you plant perseverance, You will reap victory
If you plant consideration, You will reap harmony
If you plant hard work, You will reap success
If you plant forgiveness, You will reap reconciliation
If you plant openness, You will reap intimacy
If you plant patience, You will reap improvements
If you plant faith, You will reap miracles

But

If you plant dishonesty, You will reap distrust
If you plant selfishness, You will reap loneliness
If you plant pride, You will reap destruction
If you plant envy, You will reap trouble
If you plant laziness, You will reap stagnation
If you plant bitterness, You will reap isolation
If you plant greed, You will reap loss
If you plant gossip, You will reap enemies
If you plant worries, You will reap wrinkles
If you plant sin, You will reap guilt

Grofica
12-14-2009, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam_mydeen
When the world pushes you to your knees, your are in the perfect position to pray.
wow you have a million quotes.... these are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! you rock!

islam_mydeen
12-14-2009, 01:50 AM
This world is a passing dream which the sleeper is convinced is real, until unexpectedly the dawn of death frees him from this fantasy (Jalaluddin Rumi)

islam_mydeen
12-14-2009, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
wow you have a million quotes.... these are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! you rock!
glad you like them sweetness.

islam_mydeen
12-14-2009, 01:52 AM
"Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people." (Baihaqi)

islam_mydeen
12-14-2009, 01:53 AM
"Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has no faith." (Muslim).

Caller الداعي
12-14-2009, 12:57 PM
mashallah very gud quotes !!!!! keep em going

Raaina
12-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Do they have to be Islamic quotes?

"A man who looks to the future and ignores the past is blind in both eyes."

"Slowly slowly catch a monkey."

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

Caller الداعي
12-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Rasulullah (SAW) said: "A word of wisdom is the lost property of a Muslim. He should seize it wherever he finds it." (Tirmizi)

Ibn Taimiyyah:

Guidance is not attained except with knowledge and correct direction is not attained except with patience.

Supreme
12-14-2009, 05:02 PM
I love quotes! I will post some quotes now, but may post some funnier ones up later:

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Winston Churchill

All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Churchill

Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.
Churchill

I am easily satisfied with the very best.

Churchill

If you are going through hell, keep going.
Churchill

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Churchill

All animals are equal- but some animals are more equal than others.
George Orwell

Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear
Orwell

What can you do against the lunatic who is more intelligent than yourself, who gives your arguments a fair hearing and then simply persists in his own lunacy?
Orwell

You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Jesus

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Jesus

I'll be sure to post more up later!

Hayaa
12-14-2009, 11:32 PM
“Every religion has an innate character. The character of Islam is modesty.” (Abu Dawood)
-Prophet Mohammed (May Allaah's peace and blessings be upon him)

Innocent Soul
12-15-2009, 12:39 PM
I got some here.

No smile is more beautiful than one that struggles through tears.

There are no winners and losers in life really. There are only those who really try and

those who really don't.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself

Happiness sneaks through a door you didn't know you left open.

Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking.

"It's faith that really takes the courage. The belief in things unseen.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's learning to dance in the rain.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things

I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

muslimsister1
12-15-2009, 12:51 PM
'Do ordinary 4 Allah.. He will do extraordinary 4u...Do natural 4 Allah.. He will do supernatural 4u..Do possible 4 Allah...He will do impossible 4u'

Sarahd
12-15-2009, 12:53 PM
The one in my siggie!:)

muslimsister1
12-15-2009, 12:54 PM
'Those who joyfully leave everything in ALLAH's hand will eventually see ALLAH's hand IN everything...because worries end where faith begins...'

A strong person works out everyday to keep his body in shape..but a person of strength kneels in prayers 5 times a day to keep his soul in shape

Supreme
12-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Some more!
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won.
Churchill

We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English.
Churchill

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
Churchill

In America, there's a failure to appreciate Europe's leading role in the world.
Obama

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free... I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.
Jesus

When you give a lunch or a dinner, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbours- for they will invite you back, and in this way you will paid for what you did. Instead, when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame and the blind- and you shall be blessed, for they are not able to pay you back. God will repay you on the day the good people rise from death.
Jesus

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
Gandhi

Hayaa
12-17-2009, 07:51 PM
A calamity that makes you turn to Allah is better for you then a blessing which makes you forget the remembrance of Allah.
–Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah
Anger begins with madness and ends with regret
-Ali Radiallaahu 'anhu

Hayaa
12-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny? [55:13]
-Qur'aan

Maryan0
12-18-2009, 06:48 AM
The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still.

Remember God in prosperity, and He will remember you in adversity

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it.
- Jibreel (as)

Whatever passed us was never meant to meet us,
And whatever met us was never meant to Pass

I asked God for strength that I might achieve. I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey. I asked for health that I might do greater things. I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for riches that I might be happy. I was given poverty that I might be wise. I asked for power that I might have the praise of men. I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all men, most richly blessed.

Do not be like persons on whom advice has no effect; they require punishment to improve them.
A sensible man acquires education and culture through advice, while brutes and beasts always improve through punishment. -Ali b. Abu Talib

You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom."
Malcolm X

tango92
12-19-2009, 08:12 AM
heres a corney one

"when the going gets tough, the tough get going"

(but its one of my favs)

Insecured soul
12-19-2009, 08:43 AM
wonderfull quotes though i do not have none to share :P

Rafeeq
12-19-2009, 09:57 AM
The favourite quote is in my signature.

another one is

Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't.

Grofica
12-19-2009, 04:30 PM
all these quotes are fantastic!!!!!!!!!

tango92
12-19-2009, 05:24 PM
O ye who believe! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that ye may succeed. (Quran)

Innocent Soul
12-20-2009, 04:09 AM
Virtue is the knowledge of goodness and all sin is the ignorance of goodness.”
Socrates

Fטлку
12-20-2009, 08:17 AM
-A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

-There's always a light at the end of the tunnel...just hope it's NOT a train!

-God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me.

-Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.

-Anyone who says 'Easy as taking candy from a baby' has never tried it.

-If con is the opposite of pro, what's the opposite of progress?

-I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers--Joseph Blosephina

-The people who want quiet are always the loudest getting everyone else to shut up.

tango92
12-29-2009, 05:03 PM
there is a cool and special place thats good for thinking...

Grofica
12-29-2009, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fטлку
-A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

-There's always a light at the end of the tunnel...just hope it's NOT a train!

-God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me.

-Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.

-Anyone who says 'Easy as taking candy from a baby' has never tried it.

-If con is the opposite of pro, what's the opposite of progress?

-I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers--Joseph Blosephina

-The people who want quiet are always the loudest getting everyone else to shut up.
oh..... i have not laughed that hard in a long time.... ;D;D;D

Fטлку
12-29-2009, 05:13 PM
1. I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either.

2. I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by.

3. I'd explain it to you, but your brain would explode.

4. Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.

5. There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

6. Tell me what you need and I'll tell you how to get along without it.

7. Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.

8. Needing someone is like needing a parachute. If he isn't there the first time you need him, chances are you won't be needing him again.

9. I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.

10. Last night, I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and thought to myself, "Where the heck is the ceiling?"

11. My Reality Check bounced.

12. On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the Escape key.

13. I don't suffer from stress. I'm a carrier.

14. You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.

15. Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons because, to them, you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

16. Everybody is somebody else's weirdo.

17. Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level.
:)

Grofica
12-29-2009, 05:26 PM
1. I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either.

2. I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by.

3. I'd explain it to you, but your brain would explode.

4. Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.

5. There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

6. Tell me what you need and I'll tell you how to get along without it.

7. Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.

8. Needing someone is like needing a parachute. If he isn't there the first time you need him, chances are you won't be needing him again.

9. I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.

10. Last night, I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and thought to myself, "Where the heck is the ceiling?"

11. My Reality Check bounced.

12. On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the Escape key.

13. I don't suffer from stress. I'm a carrier.

14. You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.

15. Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons because, to them, you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

16. Everybody is somebody else's weirdo.

17. Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level.
:)

those were so good i HAD to forward to my mom.... ohhhhh i was crying i laughed so hard.... im still giggling.

Fטлку
12-29-2009, 05:48 PM
There are some random ones I had saved on my cell :hmm:
  • Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much
  • Why is it that you'll only know where the line is if you cross it?
  • Like fire, money is neither good nor evil. It's neutral- It's character determined by the eye of the perceiver, the hand of the user
  • A sharp tongue sometimes cuts it's own throat.
  • Go the extra mile. It's never crowded.
  • Be kind to your feet. They outnumber people one to two.
  • There are chapters in every life that are seldom read and certainly not aloud.
  • Writers build castles in the air, writers live in them, and the publishers collect the rent.
  • Is it true that nobody likes to hear a celebrity complain?
  • Never be afraid to laugh at yourself. Afterall, you could be missing out on the joke of the century!
  • No such thing as an attention span, people have infinite attention if you are entertaining them.
  • Intelligent people simplify the complex and fool complicate the simple.
  • Every exit is an entry somewhere.
  • The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
  • When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
  • If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
  • Evening news is where they begin with 'Good evening', and then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
  • Before borrowing money from a friend, decide which you need more.(Friend or Money !)
  • Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
  • When you're right, no one remembers. When you're wrong, no one forgets.
  • Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.
  • They say hard work never hurts anybody, but why take the chance.
  • Where there's a will, there are five hundred relatives.
  • If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
  • Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.
  • Mothers of teens know why some animals eat their young.
  • Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
  • Children: You spend the first 2 years of their life teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next 16 years telling them to sit down and shut-up.
  • Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your kids.

Supreme
12-29-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm going to commit suicide or die trying!
When Osama bin Laden first met his wife, there was chemistry between them. Turns out it was a fertiliser bomb.
'Am I allowed to say your Queen sucks?'
'You can say that, we shall then behead you.'
I don't like to think of there being winners and losers in Big Brother. To me, they're all losers.
We English aren't very good at foreign languages, until we go abroad, where English is a foreign language.
I was wondering what seperates us from animals, and then I remembered- fences.

Lololoilollolol

Amadeus85
12-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Frideric Schiller -
"What's majority? Majority is stupidity,
The mind was always in minority,

(...)

But the votes we must weight, not count,
The state where majority and stupidity reigns,
Sooner or later must fall".

Rivarol -

"How many idiots are needed to have a public opinion?"

Erik von Kuhnelt-Leddihn

"Really progressive is the air war,
During it, the bombs fall without difference - no priveliges - on children, women and edlers. That's so egalitarian, thats so modern."

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Lol i got 1, many people may recognise me by it tho... so here it is!

"Indeed For You Shall Suceed!" lol thats my own made up 1 btw ..hope thats geeky enuff to be accepted on this post : \

Grofica
12-29-2009, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim World 12
Lol i got 1, many people may recognise me by it tho... so here it is!

"Indeed For You Shall Suceed!" lol thats my own made up 1 btw ..hope thats geeky enuff to be accepted on this post : \
its perfect! :statisfie

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-29-2009, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
its perfect! :statisfie
Lol Jazakallah :embarrass

Insaanah
12-29-2009, 09:52 PM
  • Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much
  • The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
  • When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
  • Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
  • When you're right, no one remembers. When you're wrong, no one forgets.
  • Where there's a will, there are five hundred relatives.
  • If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
  • Children: You spend the first 2 years of their life teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next 16 years telling them to sit down and shut-up.
:sl:

Oh sis Funky, I really like these! The ones in your other posts also made me laugh soo much. :D
I love these ones from your last post. Thanks so much for sharing :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-29-2009, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan

Oh sis Funky, I really like these! The ones in your other posts also made me laugh soo much. :D
I love these ones from your last post. Thanks so much for sharing :)

Lol..loved the Last 1.. Amaazzinnggggg :D..

zakirs
12-29-2009, 10:01 PM
All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action

OH Allah, when i lose hope because my plans have come to nothing... Then help me remember that Your love is always greater than my disappointments and Your plans for my life are always better than my dreams

Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that He will indeed reckon your deeds.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-29-2009, 10:02 PM
MashaAllaah :)

abrar88
12-29-2009, 10:04 PM
alsalam alikom..
"the journy for the 100 miles ,start by one step forward"
i work alot on this every time i thinking of giveup.

tango92
12-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Yea, when (the soul) reaches to the collar-bone (in its exit)

And there will be a cry, "Who is a magician (to restore him)?"

And he will conclude that it was (the Time) of Parting

And one leg will be joined with another

That Day the Drive will be (all) to thy Lord!

quran surah AL-QIYAMA - that passage sends shivers down my spine

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-30-2009, 12:06 AM
Subhan`Allaah, it sure does send a shiver down the spine.

Abdul Fattah
12-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Selam aleykum
One of my favourite quotes:
"It would be perfectly possible to be a complete and absolute Rationalist in the true sense of the term and yet accept this or that dogma. The question is how to arrive at your opinions and not what your opinions are. The thing in which we believe is the supremacy of reason. If reason should lead you to orthodox conclusions, well and good; you are still a Rationalist."
Bertrand Russell; "Am I an atheist or an agnostic?"

'Abdul Rahmaan
12-31-2009, 03:37 AM
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards.

'Abdul Rahmaan
01-02-2010, 03:48 AM
How can a society that exists on instant mashed potatoes, packaged cake mixes, frozen dinners, and instant cameras teach patience to its young? [Paul Sweeney]

Insaanah
01-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Not my favourite quote, but I like it:

Tobacco surely was designed
To poison and destroy mankind

Philip Freneau (1752-1832) US Poet

believeByHEART.
01-26-2010, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Rahmaan
How can a society that exists on instant mashed potatoes, packaged cake mixes, frozen dinners, and instant cameras teach patience to its young? [Paul Sweeney]
wow, very self-explanatory and very true, i like it, nice one :D

'Abdul Rahmaan
01-28-2010, 09:43 AM
If there were in the world today any large number of people who desired their own happiness more than they desired the unhappiness of others, we could have paradise in a few years.

Bertrand Russell

Getoffmyback
01-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Mankind has grown strong in eternal struggle and only in eternal peace does it perish. (Adolf hitler)-mein kampf . :-P

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Time is Not Money, Time is Life :D :)

Fטлку
01-28-2010, 02:20 PM
  • A compromise is an agreement whereby both parties get what neither of them wanted.
  • Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others.
  • Men kick friendship around like a football, but it doesn't seem to crack. Women treat it like glass and it goes to pieces.
  • If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
  • I don’t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
  • A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
  • Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.
  • If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito.

Amadeus85
01-29-2010, 04:26 PM
It was 1943 or 1944, I quote it from memory - by Leon Degrelle -

"Those boys die for oil. How many more soldiers in future will have to die for oil?! "

titus
01-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun, but Mama that's where the fun is

- Bruce Springsteen

Supreme
01-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Zapp Brannigan, after being complimented:

Oh, please. You give me too little credit!

cat eyes
01-29-2010, 05:45 PM
i dont have any famous quotes to share imsad

'Abdul Rahmaan
01-30-2010, 01:42 AM
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again.

Oscar Wild

Amadeus85
02-18-2010, 10:48 PM
"And one more thing, satan wants to kill himself... But he can't. Because he doesn't know the secret of the existence. And he would like to kill himself, because he suffers dreadfully."

Father prof. dr. Tadeusz Guz.

'Abdul Rahmaan
02-19-2010, 02:17 AM
And since you know you cannot see yourself, so well as by reflection, I, your glass, will modestly discover to yourself, that of yourself which you yet know not of.
(William Shakespeare)

tw009
02-19-2010, 06:23 AM
Be mindful of Allah, you will find Him before you. Get to know Allah in prosperity and He will know you in adversity. Know that what has passed you by was not going to befall you; and that what has befallen you was not going to pass you by. And know that victory comes with patience, relief with affliction, and ease with hardship.

SMA89
02-19-2010, 06:33 AM
“Someone’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality”

"Those who work the hardest, tend to complain the least"

"People will not always believe what you say, but they will believe what you do."

"Thought plus effort equals desired outcome."

"Live life so that when you are born crying everyone else is smiling, and when you die everyone is crying and you are smiling."

"They can't hurt you, unless you let them"

"Better to die standing than to live on your knees."

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

"Losers criticize..winners analyze"

Maryan0
02-19-2010, 06:53 AM
How will the Sun of Islam Rise,
When the Youth of our Ummah
are asleep at Fajr?

When the missionaries came to Africa, they had the bible and we had the land. They taught us to pray with our eyes closed. When we opened them, they had bible, and they had the land.

If you don't think every day is a good day try missing one!

"V: VoilÃ*! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengence; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

"He who boasts of his ancestry is praising the deeds of another."

Allâh burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. "Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us Forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Maulâ (Patron, Suppor-ter and Protector, etc.) and give us victory over the disbelieving people."

Abdul Qadir
02-19-2010, 07:33 AM
The Quote of the Century:

Neenga Nallavana? illa Kettavana? (Translated: Are u a good guy? Or a bad guy?)

(Movie: Nayagan)

Supreme
02-19-2010, 06:52 PM
My next quote is from the novel 1984. A dystopian epic, it describes an incredibly depressing future with a totalitarian government:

'The first thing for you to understand is that in this place there are no martyrdoms. You have read of the religious persecutions of the past. In the Middle Ages there was the Inquisition. It was a failure. It set out to eradicate heresy, and ended by perpetuating it. For every heretic it burned at the stake, thousands of others rose up. Why was that? Because the Inquisition killed its enemies in the open, and killed them while they were still unrepentant: in fact, it killed them because they were unrepentant. Men were dying because they would not abandon their true beliefs. Naturally all the glory belonged to the victim and all the shame to the Inquisitor who burned him. Later, in the twentieth century, there were the totalitarians, as they were called. There were the German Nazis and the Russian Communists. The Russians persecuted heresy more cruelly than the Inquisition had done. And they imagined that they had learned from the mistakes of the past; they knew, at any rate, that one must not make martyrs. Before they exposed their victims to public trial, they deliberately set themselves to destroy their dignity. They wore them down by torture and solitude until they were despicable, cringing wretches, confessing whatever was put into their mouths, covering themselves with abuse, accusing and sheltering behind one another, whimpering for mercy. And yet after only a few years the same thing had happened over again. The dead men had become martyrs and their degradation was forgotten. Once again, why was it? In the first place, because the confessions that they had made were obviously extorted and untrue. We do not make mistakes of that kind. All the confessions that are uttered here are true. We make them true. And above all we do not allow the dead to rise up against us. You must stop imagining that posterity will vindicate you, Winston. Posterity will never hear of you. You will be lifted clean out from the stream of history. We shall turn you into gas and pour you into the stratosphere. Nothing will remain of you, not a name in a register, not a memory in a living brain. You will be annihilated in the past as well as in the future. You will never have existed.'

heavenlyspot
02-20-2010, 11:56 AM
We hate some persons because we do not know them; and we will not know them because we hate them.

heavenlyspot
02-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear

S<Chowdhury
02-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today. (Malcolm X)

S<Chowdhury
02-20-2010, 12:17 PM
"A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it. "

John Steinbeck

Amadeus85
02-20-2010, 11:50 PM
"An addition of few drops of christianity to leftist attitude, changes a fool into a perfect fool."

"According to democrate, to have a right is to scream in the loudest herd".

"Democratic politician always sells himself, to the rich ones for money, to the poor by installments".

"To tolerate means not to forget that what we tolerate, doesnt deserve anything more".

"An artist who isn't able to create his own world, joins avangarde".

"Topicality means something that is least significant".

"Stupid ideas are hard as granite".

Nicolas Gomez Davila.

Supreme
02-21-2010, 12:07 AM
'Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this. The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from all the oligarchies of the past, in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just round the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now do you begin to understand me?'
George Orwell, 1984

Getoffmyback
03-10-2010, 03:00 PM
When you get the money , you get the power - tony montana-

tw009
03-10-2010, 04:19 PM
"There is no greater wealth than wisdom, no greater poverty than ignorance; no greater heritage than culture and no greater support than consultation"

Fטлку
03-13-2010, 08:13 AM
  • A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.
  • If you are going through hell, keep going.
  • The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
  • If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.
  • The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
  • Never let your schoolin' interfere with your education.
  • Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across.
  • A very rich person should leave his kids enough to do anything but not enough to do nothing.
  • I'd far rather be happy than right any day.

S<Chowdhury
03-13-2010, 09:46 AM
"Use your intellect, get them in another way
Clean heart, and live and over stand this
A wise man will learn but a fool never will"

Supreme
04-06-2010, 04:32 PM
These following quotes are humerous, and from a comic book I used to collect called ultimate spiderman:

Red Omega: How did you find me?
Spiderman: Of all the goofball nonsense in your life that led you to this place dressed like that with that hair... and the one thing you're questioning is me?

Red Omega: Ouch!
Spiderman: Yeah, you said that already.

*Spiderman to a bunch of onlookers he just rescued*: You know what? Fine. I have to skedaddle and save another bunch of ungrateful civilians across town. And when the police arrive, be sure to stare at them blankly too. Oh, and if you could blame all this on me... that'd be great.

Red Omega: Can't believe I just got sideswapped like that.
Spiderman: You can't believe it. I can't believe I almost came out dressed in that exact same outfit today. Boy, would that have been embarrassing!
Red Omega: What are you, twelve?
Spiderman: What are you? President of the Dr Octopus fanclub?

Spiderman: Oh no...
MJ: You know him?
Spiderman: He's the biggest loser in loserville. I have to pound him once a week.

Spiderman: I really think you need to take a long hard look at yourself in a similar light. In fact, repeat after me: I officially suck at being a criminal. My shocking shockers truly aren't all that shocking.

Spiderman: Just gonna sit down and enjoy the ground for a minute. Oh, and don't try that at home. Just remembered- I left a pudgy middle aged yutz webbed to the side of a building. Hate it when that happens.

Amadeus85
05-10-2010, 10:22 PM
A man, who doesn't believe in anything, who doesn't have any spirituality, who doesn't love his family, is not man, is not Spaniard, is nothing.
Francisco Franco

Only truth is interesting.
Joseph Mackiewicz

Democracy is the worst system, because it's the reigns of hienas over donkeys.
Aristotle.

M..x
05-11-2010, 11:11 AM
My signature =D
- Immortal Technique -

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.