PDA

View Full Version : Anybody seen the movie "The Kite Runner"?



Italianguy
12-10-2009, 03:35 AM
I was just wondering if anybody has seen this movie "The Kite Runner"? I thought it was good, i have seen it like five times now. Just wondering if anybody liked it or didn't? Anything wrong with it from an Islamic point of view?

God be with you all!
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Somaiyah
12-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Salam,
It was long time now since I saw it but I really thought it was a good movie. They don't show Muslims in a good way and they are quite negative to Islam as what I feel. Make things be worse than they are. As long as you watch it and have in thought that it's a movie and not real it's okej.
Reply

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by J Aaliyah
Salam,
It was long time now since I saw it but I really thought it was a good movie. They don't show Muslims in a good way and they are quite negative to Islam as what I feel. Make things be worse than they are. As long as you watch it and have in thought that it's a movie and not real it's okej.
Well, i guess we must understand in watching this movie that it shows that there are all kinds of people in all faiths. I didn't look at Isalm in a bad way after seeing it. Look at the main character; he was a good hearted Muslim and was doing a good service to his brother(or close friend) by going back to Afghanistan to get his brother away from those extremest. And he had a great family. You can see multiple cultural views in this movie.

I deal with a lot of different cultural views in my family. My wife is south Indian, one of my aunts is Pakistani, My brothers wife is Saudi, and I am Italian, there is also Swedish, German, Bosnian, Greek, Turkish, African American, Afghani, and Isreali in my family, we are all Christian with the exception of my brothers wife(Saudi) who claims to be a Muslim, but doesn't really practice. I like to see movies that are reall and don't cover everything up.

I watch a lot of Hindi movies too. I haven't seen any movies with full Muslim content. Is there any? what are some good titles? They have to have english subtitles though, I don't understand to much Arabic and or Farsi yet.

God bless.
Reply

Somaiyah
12-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Salam,
Yes, sure, I didn't critisize you or anything. I mean I have friends from my past who had seen it and sometimes they still believe movies are the ones who are right and real life obviously not. Just take Slumdog millionaire for example, here the hindues (I think it was them) are slaughtering innocent Muslims (men, women and children) because of their religion.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Italianguy
12-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by J Aaliyah
Salam,
Yes, sure, I didn't critisize you or anything. I mean I have friends from my past who had seen it and sometimes they still believe movies are the ones who are right and real life obviously not. Just take Slumdog millionaire for example, here the hindues (I think it was them) are slaughtering innocent Muslims (men, women and children) because of their religion.
Yes i have that on dvd "Slumdog Millionare" it was a group of Hindus attcking some Muslims, they killed the childrens mother. My wifes family is Indian, and they won't watch that movie but they know what its about. They said there are dark places in all lands but we should not take to heart the wrong doing of bad people. They are consisderd (in India) "high cast" so they didn't really see the slums to much. I still like the movie though, it shows a different side of India, even if its not what people wan't to see.

God bless.

P.s. any good Islamic movies you could share with me?
Reply

Yusuf Saeed
12-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Italianguy
P.s. any good Islamic movies you could share with me?
:sl:

The most wonderful and truthful film about Islam I've ever seen is surely "The Message" with Anthony Quinn.

Apart from the music it's perfectly in accordance with the islamic law and tells a wonderful story of the early days of Islam. It's also probably so far the only real epic film made of Islam.

About "The Kite Runner"... I really loved it when I saw it a couple of years ago but I don't think I would really love to watch it now. There was a lot of music there and what's even more Islam there was portrayed mixed up with culture.
Reply

amirebi
12-10-2009, 07:47 PM
سلام
i have seen this movie and i enjoyed. but it did not show the exact islam. this movie focuses on the heart of islam i mean things like helping to poor people and loving humankinds.
i recommend movies like "ketab-e-qanun"(the book of rules) by Maziar Miri, and ofcourse i'm sure that you have seen the movie"Mohammad Rasul O Allah", if not, then at first watch this movie.
by the way i think you have a family as big as a world... :)
Reply

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by amirebi
سلام
i have seen this movie and i enjoyed. but it did not show the exact islam. this movie focuses on the heart of islam i mean things like helping to poor people and loving humankinds.
i recommend movies like "ketab-e-qanun"(the book of rules) by Maziar Miri, and ofcourse i'm sure that you have seen the movie"Mohammad Rasul O Allah", if not, then at first watch this movie.
by the way i think you have a family as big as a world... :)
No, i have never seen any Muslim movies, but thanks for the recomendations i will check them out.

Yeah we have alot of different nationalities in our family:D gotta love it, we can all poke fun at each other and no one knows what we are saying.lol
Reply

_PakistaN_
12-13-2009, 05:29 AM
I think we read that book in gr. 7
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-24-2010, 04:45 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 11:52 AM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 02:56 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 09:51 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!