/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am just going to come out and ask this. What if i converted to Islam?

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 03:58 AM
Strictly hypothetically speaking. What would i experience? I have been a Christian my whole life. I know my family wouldn't be happy about a decision like this, but they would not disown me.
My wife is sure to leave me(well i shouldn't say that, and what of my son?
What about my way of life?
What about my mission trips?
What about helping other Christians?
What about my business?
I would lose most all my friends.

I have had more Muslims think that i am Muslim because of how i act, think, dress, look, (not to generalize) and just my knowledge of Islam and deffense of it lately.

I am a little affraid of this, and no one in the world, except you now, know i have been feeling this way

It has been waying heavy on my heart lately and..............

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Italianguy
12-10-2009, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Strictly hypothetically speaking. What would i experience? I have been a Christian my whole life. I know my family wouldn't be happy about a decision like this, but they would not disown me.
What about my business?

I have had more Muslims think that i am Muslim because of how i act, think, dress, look, (not to generalize) and just my knowledge of Islam and deffense of it lately.

I am a little affraid of this, and no one in the world, except you now, know i have been feeling this way :nervous:

No responses?imsad

جوري
12-10-2009, 04:25 AM
You have given us alot to ponder Italianguy.. many variables.. I need to think about all of them before a response.. btw what kind of business are you in? I am sorry I haven't followed each of your thread so if mentioned before I missed it..

peace

Snowflake
12-10-2009, 04:27 AM
Wow Praise be to God! You're post really touched my heart deeply. All I can say is read al-Quran and ask God to guide you to the Truth. If He wills, everything will become clear and you will know which decision to make. I will pray for you. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
12-10-2009, 04:27 AM
Salaam/ Peace

You will be our brother in Islam :statisfie

I pray that it will become true soon :)

syilla
12-10-2009, 04:31 AM
InshaAllah everything will turn to be ok...

May Allah swt help you all the way and do worry more what will happen when we meet our creator. How we will answer the creator...

Ameen to all the duas :)

Muslim Woman
12-10-2009, 04:35 AM
Salaam/Peace

... I know my family wouldn't be happy about a decision like this, but they would not disown me.
that's good to know. May new Muslims face this problem.

Muslim men are allowed to have Christian wife. If she loves u , she won't leave u . How old is ur son ?

Islamic life style :)

What's that ?

How do u help them now ? Those who don't fight against Muslims , we are allowed to have a good relationship with them and help them lawfully.

What about my business?
U can do any lawful bussiness .

U will get many new friends :)

May Allah make it easy for u , Ameen.

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 04:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
You have given us alot to ponder Italianguy.. many variables.. I need to think about all of them before a response.. btw what kind of business are you in? I am sorry I haven't followed each of your thread so if mentioned before I missed it..

peace
I am an Electrical contractor, Commercial and industrial, Government projects as well. Thanks for the reply, i didn't mean to bombard all of you with so much.

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 04:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Wow Praise be to God! You're post really touched my heart deeply. All I can say is read al-Quran and ask God to guide you to the Truth. If He wills, everything will become clear and you will know which decision to make. I will pray for you. :)

Thank you. This is emmotional for me and i must hide it for now. i have not made any decisions yet but i will submit to the truth. I have much to learn about Islam before i do anything, but i will keep reading the Qur'an.

God be with you.

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 04:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam/ Peace

You will be our brother in Islam :statisfie

I pray that it will become true soon :)
It's lonely...the place in time i am at right now....I feel as if i am in an all white room with nothing in it but me.....and no doors.....i am stuck there..lost...looking for something, i thought i had.:cry:

God help me

جوري
12-10-2009, 04:48 AM
Strictly hypothetically speaking. What would i experience?
Pure Joy and peace I imagine for not only will you not have given up Jesus, but you'll follow in his footsteps aright!

I have been a Christian my whole life.
So it is excellent practice to being a good Muslim judging by how you have lived your life and from what you have shared here..

I know my family wouldn't be happy about a decision like this, but they would not disown me.
Maybe upset at first as is natural.. people go through five stages with the last stage being acceptance.. perhaps acceptance would extend beyond you to adoption of your lifestyle?

Your decision doesn't make you an amnestic man who doesn't recognize them..you need to assure them that you still love them and nothing is going to change that.. love is divine it is a gift from God.. but not a greater gift than the path that leads to God.. thing is you don't have to give up your family just because you became Muslim..

I don't imagine much would change, You declare God is one, you pray now? you fast? you give to the poor? I imagine making pilgrimage will be the only very noticeable change..

Make da3wa trips..

Nothing in Islam will preclude you from helping fellow human beings ..

What about my business?
What kind of business are you in? you don't sell liquor do you?
Then they are not much of friends if they can't be happy for you for a decision that brings you peace and happiness..

You don't have to change your dress, just don't dress in tight clothes.. nothing in islam precludes you from wearing polos and dockers if that is your fancy!
I am a little affraid of this, and no one in the world, except you now, know i have been feeling this way
Everything in life takes time.. no one becomes a mathematician in a day, or an engineer or a doctor or a mother.. everything good takes time to cultivate and grow before one reaps harvest..
Then ask God with all your heart to deliver you from what weighs heavily on it and to guide you to the path of the righteous..
you may ask him sincerely to elucidate this for you in a specific fashion..

I have asked Allah swt to give me signs in my dreams and three nights in a row he would.. might I suggest you fast while asking him for pure guidance?

peace

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 04:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam/Peace

that's good to know. May new Muslims face this problem.

Muslim men are allowed to have Christian wife. If she loves u , she won't leave u . How old is ur son ?

Sh edoes love me alot, my son is 7.

Islamic life style :)

What's that ?

Mission trips are where we as Christians go to other countries and help needy or poor, You actually don't have to leave the country, there are local ones but i go far to help others, and it's a chance to bring the story of Jesus to those whom do not know him.( i will explain a little more about that later)

How do u help them now ? Those who don't fight against Muslims , we are allowed to have a good relationship with them and help them lawfully.

I help in a million ways i will post something that explains this

U can do any lawful bussiness .

U will get many new friends :)

May Allah make it easy for u , Ameen.
God be with you, and may he help me.

IAmZamzam
12-10-2009, 04:53 AM
May He indeed. I was once in your position, you know. You just have to be honest with yourself. Isn't that more important than anything else? Integrity? I hope I'm not being less helpful than I intend. Would you like to talk to me via PM? I'm a da'i.

Muslim Woman
12-10-2009, 04:53 AM
Salaam/Peace

...... no doors.....i am stuck there..lost...looking for something, i thought i had.:cry:

God help me

Don't worry br, u will find the door when it's the right time :)

keep praying to God ( not to Jesus pbuh please ) . God Willing , u will find the Truth.

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 04:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Pure Joy and peace I imagine for not only will you not have given up Jesus, but you'll follow in his footsteps aright!

So it is excellent practice to being a good Muslim judging by how you have lived your life and from what you have shared here..

Maybe upset at first as is natural.. people go through five stages with the last stage being acceptance.. perhaps acceptance would extend beyond you to adoption of your lifestyle?

Your decision doesn't make you an amnestic man who doesn't recognize them..you need to assure them that you still love them and nothing is going to change that.. love is divine it is a gift from God.. but not a greater gift than the path that leads to God.. thing is you don't have to give up your family just because you became Muslim..

I don't imagine much would change, You declare God is one, you pray now? you fast? you give to the poor? I imagine making pilgrimage will be the only very noticeable change..

I pray alot, not unlike a Muslim(sometimes the people in my church think i am)
i do fast, i give all i have to those who need it.

Make da3wa trips..

Dawa trips?

Nothing in Islam will preclude you from helping fellow human beings ..

What kind of business are you in? you don't sell liquor do you?

No liquor, electrical contractor.

Then they are not much of friends if they can't be happy for you for a decision that brings you peace and happiness..

You don't have to change your dress, just don't dress in tight clothes.. nothing in islam precludes you from wearing polos and dockers if that is your fancy!

Oh good, i do like my Gucci and Armani suits....and Feraggamo shoes

Everything in life takes time.. no one becomes a mathematician in a day, or an engineer or a doctor or a mother.. everything good takes time to cultivate and grow before one reaps harvest..

Then ask God with all your heart to deliver you from what weighs heavily on it and to guide you to the path of the righteous..
you may ask him sincerely to elucidate this for you in a specific fashion..

I have asked Allah swt to give me signs in my dreams and three nights in a row he would.. might I suggest you fast while asking him for pure guidance?

peace

Spaeking of dreams i have a doosey of one to tell, it's a reacurring dream that i have every night and it changes alittle every time, since 2 years ago and it is religious i think? I even have been active in my sleep because of this, very active i even put my fist through the window, I MY SLEEP.

God help me

جوري
12-10-2009, 04:57 AM
an addendum to supplement my previous post:

[Pickthal 2:186] And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright.

please listen as you read the translation and feel it:

Media Tags are no longer supported

For the entire sura:
http://audio.islamweb.net/audio/index.php

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 04:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
May He indeed. I was once in your position, you know. You just have to be honest with yourself. Isn't that more important than anything else? Integrity? I hope I'm not being less helpful than I intend. Would you like to talk to me via PM? I'm a da'i.
I would actually prefer private message, thank you. I need to not have this all over the place right now.:nervous:

God be with you

YusufNoor
12-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Strictly hypothetically speaking. What would i experience? I have been a Christian my whole life.

from a Muslim standpoint, you'll be closer to Jesus/Isa ibn Marriam than ever.

I know my family wouldn't be happy about a decision like this, but they would not disown me.

we do things for the sake of Allah, Who needs none of our worship and yet we depend on Him for everything.

Allah knows best

what about my way of life?

Allah becomes the focal point of your life, what is wrong with that?

you will have dawah

you will be able to tell them them the Truth. what more could you ever do for them?

What about my business?

Allah wrote all of your sustenance for you before you were born

anyone not sincerely interested in the Truth is not a necessary friend. besides, your family increases by over 1 Billion!

Allah knows it

:sl:

here's some video on Islam, Foundation of Islamic Studies:

http://www.bilalphilips.com/bilal_pa...sk=view&id=288

in the bible belt, let Bart Ehrman be your pal:

http://www.bartdehrman.com/multimedia.htm

he has some great courses here:

http://www.teach12.com/storex/professor.aspx?id=150

if need be, i can send you copies of those lectures in mp3 format.

May Allah make it easy on you!

:wa:

Danah
12-10-2009, 04:21 PM
What about my business?

First, May Allah guide you to the right path where you will find the ultimate peace brother.

Second, its normal to get some positive or negative reactions from people especially when it comes to religious issues.

As for your family: If you become a Muslim, you will have to show them the real example of the Muslim who is care about his family by being kind to them. Let you behavior toward them express your faith to them. You will have to treat your parent very kind:

Thy Lord hath decreed, that ye worship none save Him, and (that ye show) kindness to parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age with thee, say not "Fie" unto them nor repulse them, but speak unto them a gracious word.
[17:23]

Even if they are not Muslim, you still have to show kindness to him:
And We have enjoined upon man concerning his parents - His mother beareth him in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years - Give thanks unto Me and unto thy parents. Unto Me is the journeying. (14) But if they strive with thee to make thee ascribe unto Me as partner that of which thou hast no knowledge, then obey them not. Consort with them in the world kindly

[41:14-15]

As for your wife, as others said...you can still live with her because she is from the people of the book. But you gotta explain to her the peace you find in being a Muslim.

As for your Non-Muslim friends, show them the beauty, the peace, the happiness you will feel inshaAllah in being a Muslim and they will be supposed to be happy for you to find your way in life. Be kind to them as long as they dont harm you as a Muslim:

Allah forbiddeth you not those who warred not against you on account of religion and drove you not out from your homes, that ye should show them kindness and deal justly with them. Lo! Allah loveth the just dealers. (8) Allah forbiddeth you only those who warred against you on account of religion and have driven you out from your homes and helped to drive you out, that ye make friends of them. Whosoever maketh friends of them - (All) such are wrong-doers. (9)
[60:8-9]

If they just abandoned you, then I am sure you will get much better friends Muslims or even more understanding Non-Muslims friends

As for your work, as long as you are not doing any forbidden work, you can keep going on it.

May you find the peace soon. You will be in my prayer inshaAllah

ramish
12-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Assalam-o-alikum :)

Its been said that Allah shows the right path to whome he loves. I also believe in that Allah has more challenges for people who he loves, to see if that person can hold the rope of Islam and control onto him self... Therefore i think its your time now, hold the rope tight and you will win the tuggle war :)

Inshallah everything will be fine and you will be counted as one of "US" (Muslims) soon...

Supreme
12-10-2009, 05:08 PM
It shouldn't be that different. Christianity and Islam are essentially brother religions. You'd still be worshipping the one Abrahamic God, praying, having high moral standards and revering the prophets. Hell, the first Christians who saw Muslims viewed them nothing more than a heretical sect of the Catholic Church! The only significant differences would be a new prophet, a different holy book and the relinquish of all this nonense of Jesus being the Son of God Christians have corrupted their holy books with. It's a possibilty you may be disowned, I faced such a risk when I gave up my atheist 'faith', although my parents and friends hardly cared, some even encouraged me.

جوري
12-10-2009, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ramish
Assalam-o-alikum :)

Its been said that Allah shows the right path to whome he loves. I also believe in that Allah has more challenges for people who he loves, to see if that person can hold the rope of Islam and control onto him self... Therefore i think its your time now, hold the rope tight and you will win the tuggle war :)

Inshallah everything will be fine and you will be counted as one of "US" (Muslims) soon...

That is beautiful.. and I agree..

:wa:

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
InshaAllah everything will turn to be ok...

May Allah swt help you all the way and do worry more what will happen when we meet our creator. How we will answer the creator...

Ameen to all the duas :)
What does "swt" stand for?

crayon
12-10-2009, 05:55 PM
^It's an abbreviation for "Subhanahu wa ta'ala". It is usually said after Allah's name as a sign of reverence and respect, it roughly translates to "glorious and exalted is He". link

InshaAllah you will find peace, Italian dude. It sounds cliche', but listen to your heart. :)

Al-manar
12-10-2009, 06:27 PM
peace

What will be my life after Islam?

is a question thousands asked themselves ,before converting to Islam.....

according to the Italian TV (I watched 4 days ago) living 50 thousands of Italians who converted to Islam in Italy ...

all of them for sure had the same thoughts ,worries .......

regarding family as long as you are dependent from them,there is no problem...

wife: there will be new orders,

No carne di maiale no alcol

si carne di mucca , succo d uva etc.....:D

and that is not a problem ,lots of christians don't drink alcol and others don't eat maiale ...and their wives understand it.....

the important issue is the friends...... it is very important for new convert....he should choose good muslim friends.... and the best place to find them is the mosque...

my advice to you to examine Islam through:

1- Is the book(Il Corano) that Islam based on divine?clues?

2- what is the proofs of the quranic claims that the bible though has some divine contents but still has some human alternations,inventions?

till you find convincing answers to both the questions,I advice you to pause and don't rush to emotional reaction......

for me I was born muslim ,but became a true muslim when I had convincing answers to both the questions.....

May God lead you to the truth ,Ameen

Ciao

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
It shouldn't be that different. Christianity and Islam are essentially brother religions. You'd still be worshipping the one Abrahamic God, praying, having high moral standards and revering the prophets. Hell, the first Christians who saw Muslims viewed them nothing more than a heretical sect of the Catholic Church! The only significant differences would be a new prophet, a different holy book and the relinquish of all this nonense of Jesus being the Son of God Christians have corrupted their holy books with. It's a possibilty you may be disowned, I faced such a risk when I gave up my atheist 'faith', although my parents and friends hardly cared, some even encouraged me.
What? Aren't you a Christian? I am still not ready to disbelieve Christ is my saviour. How do you call jesus nonsense? I don't understand your statements or orginaztion of them? Are you here t convert or seek truth? I'm not trying to insult you, just understand your comments.

God bless.:D

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
^It's an abbreviation for "Subhanahu wa ta'ala". It is usually said after Allah's name as a sign of reverence and respect, it roughly translates to "glorious and exalted is He". link

InshaAllah you will find peace, Italian dude. It sounds cliche', but listen to your heart. :)
Thanks, i see it a lot so i was wondering.

Supreme
12-10-2009, 06:34 PM
What? Aren't you a Christian? I am still not ready to disbelieve Christ is my saviour. How do you call jesus nonsense? I don't understand your statements or orginaztion of them? Are you here t convert or seek truth? I'm not trying to insult you, just understand your comments.

God bless.:D
I jest, I jest! Taking the mickey out of yourself (and sometimes your beliefs) is never a bad thing. One of the most famous quotes Jesus never said (but should have): Happy are those who laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Also, out of interest (and no disrespect intended), is English not your first language?

God Bless.

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-manar
peace

What will be my life after Islam?

is a question thousands asked themselves ,before converting to Islam.....

according to the Italian TV (I watched 4 days ago) living 50 thousands of Italians who converted to Islam in Italy ...

all of them for sure had the same thoughts ,worries .......

regarding family as long as you are dependent from them,there is no problem...

wife: there will be new orders,

No carne di maiale no alcol

si carne di mucca , succo d uva etc.....:D

and that is not a problem ,lots of christians don't drink alcol and others don't eat maiale ...and their wives understand it.....

the important issue is the friends...... it is very important for new convert....he should choose good muslim friends.... and the best place to find them is the mosque...

my advice to you to examine Islam through:

1- Is the book(Il Corano) that Islam based on divine?clues?

2- what is the proofs of the quranic claims that the bible though has some divine contents but still has some human alternations,inventions?

till you find convincing answers to both the questions,I advice you to pause and don't rush to emotional reaction......

for me I was born muslim ,but became a true muslim when I had convincing answers to both the questions.....

May God lead you to the truth ,Ameen

Ciao

Oh fa impazzire, un altro fratello italiano! Non mangio qualunque maiale come di né fa ora bevo l'alchohol. Non sono sicuro che sono pronto a convertire ancora, ma la ringrazia per rispondere. I do know there are a lot of Muslim Italians now, so i hear from family.

Where are you in Italy? North,South? My family is from a village called Pescantanza. Around the Puglia region. They live in Truli's.

It's good to see a fellow Italian on this site it makes me feel better knowing. Not that everyone else here has made me fell unwelcome, They're all awesome people and have helped me a ton!

Dio è con lei!:D

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Oh fa impazzire, un altro fratello italiano! Non mangio qualunque maiale come di né fa ora bevo l'alchohol. Non sono sicuro che sono pronto a convertire ancora, ma la ringrazia per rispondere. I do know there are a lot of Muslim Italians now, so i hear from family.

Where are you in Italy? North,South? My family is from a village called Pescantanza. Around the Puglia region. They live in Truli's.

It's good to see a fellow Italian on this site it makes me feel better knowing. Not that everyone else here has made me fell unwelcome, They're all awesome people and have helped me a ton!

I am SO EXITED to hear from an Italian brother, you just don't know.:D

Grofica
12-10-2009, 06:40 PM
im sorry but i dont understand why your religion no matter what it was would interfer with work...

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 06:43 PM
I am SO EXITED to hear from an Italian brother, you just don't know.:D

I don't get to speak much italian, my wife and her family speak Tamil, an ancient Indian language spoken in Tamil Nadu (India). I know some.

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
im sorry but i dont understand why your religion no matter what it was would interfer with work...
Well, most of all my clients are either Christian and or non-believers. I like to incorporate my faith into my business as it is a chance to witness to others. I do on the otherhand respect all peoples faith and force nothing upon them.

God be with you.

Humbler_359
12-10-2009, 06:54 PM
:sl: Brother,

Let me warn you, it is not easy making decision. You have to research and educate on religion comparing both Roman Catholics, Prostestants, and Muslims. What about Prostestant you liked in your belt?

Do you need free Qur'an? If you live in North America, you can request it free through mail? :statisfie

Let me know, i can provide you website address. Wasalaam!

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
I jest, I jest! Taking the mickey out of yourself (and sometimes your beliefs) is never a bad thing. One of the most famous quotes Jesus never said (but should have): Happy are those who laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Also, out of interest (and no disrespect intended), is English not your first language?

God Bless.
lol, ok i get it. Sorry, i didn't mean to get deffensive. My first language is Italian, and another Italian dialect called "Sardo" spoken mainly in Sardinia. I have forgotten most because most of the elders in my family have passed away and the rest don't speak it much unless we're all around each other. I was born in NY City. And to really answer your question; I just suck at typing.:D. I am also around a lot of Tamil speaking family members, my wife is Inadian, from India not Pocahontas.lol and thats the language they speak

God bless you!

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
:sl: Brother,

Let me warn you, it is not easy making decision. You have to research and educate on religion comparing both Roman Catholics, Prostestants, and Muslims. What about Prostestant you liked in your belt?

Do you need free Qur'an? If you live in North America, you can request it free through mail? :statisfie

Let me know, i can provide you website address. Wasalaam!
I came from a Roman Catholic backround, so i understand some of the relation. Thanks for the offer(Qur'an) i have already bought one and have been reading it. I didn't know i could get one for free? I spent a lot of money on mine, it is beautiful though. I do live in north America. I don't really understand your question about Protestant/belt?

My description says "Smack in the middle of the Bible belt" it just means i live in a state that is considerd part of the "Bible belt" a group of states considerd mainly Protestant Christian.

God bless.

Humbler_359
12-10-2009, 07:14 PM
^let me send you a PM.

Italianguy
12-10-2009, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
^let me send you a PM.
I sent you a reply.:D

Al-manar
12-10-2009, 08:34 PM

Grazie Fratello

sei molto gentile !!

Abito in Milano..... Ho studiato entrambi Il corano e la bibbia profondamente.

wish you were near, to meet you....

All the best

Dio ti benedica

Ansariyah
12-10-2009, 11:22 PM
wow this is such wicked news! May Allah make u our brotha in Islam! ameen

aadil77
12-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Mash'Allah we have brothers all around the world

Ar-RaYYan
12-10-2009, 11:54 PM

All i can say is follow your insticts and heart. Put your trust in Allah/God and everything else will work out afterwards.

May Allah make it easier for you and guide you to the right path.

Hamza Asadullah
12-11-2009, 12:17 AM
What about my business?

Hello my friend and thank you for sharing your feelings and being open about your concerns. You should know that countless reverts go through the same thoughts as you do. I have several revert friends and every revert has their own story to tell. But if one knows the truth in ones heart then does anything else really matter?

If one knows that one has been created by one who has no partners then should we not acknowledge our creator who created us and has and still is sustaining us and has given us everything we can ever imagine?

Should we not accept his oneness and acknowledge that all the prophets he sent came with the same message and that is to convey the oneness of God?

Should we not acknowledge the seal of the prophets who is not the messenger of the Muslims but the messenger of the whole of mankind?

Do you think that you are doing injustice to yourself and others by simply accepting the truth in your heart?

The only injustice is that one knows the truth yet one rejects it based on the fact that one does not want to face the trials that it will bring and is this world not a test and of trials?

Trials brings us closer to God and God is wanting to guide you and he does not guide all so he sees something in your heart that he likes and it is now upto you to accept or reject the signs and the invititation from your lord.

You can continue to help Christians to see the truth aswell as enjoining good and forbidding evil which is the duty of every Muslim.

Your true friends will stay with you regardless and you will make MANY more friends who will help and support you and guide you towards the right path and towards paradise and the bad friends will want to drag you to hell with them.

Your new mission would be to spread Islam and to invite towards goodness and forbid evil.

Your job does not have to be effected. Who sustains you? Who provides for you? Who gives you energy in your muscles to work? If God does all of this then will he stop sustainig you? Put your hopes, faith,trust and reliance in Allah for he feeds the birds and animals and they trust in him so should we not?

You can still enjoy life within the boundaries of Islam and at the same time your new way of life will bring you peace, contentment and tranquility into your heart that you never imagined possible.

Yes it may be a shock to your family for a while but they will get over it. If they see a change in you for the better than they may themselves see the beauty of Islam and Allah may unseal their hearts.

Do not despair my brother for satan will ever try and put you off accepting the truth. He is ever whispering evil in our eyes and trying to misguide us.

We are all here for you and know that Muslims are all one and we are like a body and if there is pain in any part of that body then we should all feel that pain so therefore we invite you to the brotherhood of Islam and we are here to help and support you and so is your lord if you ask of him and strive to get closer to him. Let the trials come and say to yourself if God is by myside then NOTHING can bring me down!

Here are some very useful links for you to look through including some very touching experiences from reverts to Islam who you may well relate to:

How the Bible led me to Islam

http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...-me-islam.html

See why they converted to Islam

http://forum.mpacuk.org/showthread.php?t=44218

Very useful threads and links for those looking into Islam

http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...nto-islam.html

HandOnHeart
12-11-2009, 12:47 AM
I was a Christian also, and just like Italy, Ireland is a religous country(home of my family), it was religon which split it from the United Kingdom (I think so, not good at history). It's really difficult to convert to Islam, it takes alot of hard work. I only recently declared my Shahada, I don't even know how to properly pray yet. You may as if there were a lot of gaps in the bible, the Qu'arn and Hadith fill them in (in my opinon). Basically, anything I didn't understand in Christianity, Islam helped me see a clearer picture.

Without a doubt, it was the best descition I ever made in my life, it is a beautiful religon and I am so poud to be partially apart of it. Really I am only answering your first question, 'What would i experience?'. That is because I don't think I am a good enough muslim to answer the other questions for you, i don't believe I have the right to, yet. The expeirence is magical, life-changing. Personally, when I look out onto the street and see young girls with skirts past their thighs, their private areas hanging out their tops, pissed out their heads not knowing their own name and possibly heading towards going home with a guy they don't know(each to their own); I feel this gratefulness towards Allah for taking him time to show me that my life doesn't have to be this way. I feel more respect for myself, I love the new me, I feel cleaner and more beautiful. Of course, you are a man so your expeirence will be different from mine, but what my main point is I was a Catholic, and if I didn't find Islam I couldn't imagine how my life would be. It will give you a clearer explaination. I thought as I've gave this rather emotional speach, can I just take my time to thank all the brothers and sisters that have supported me here and also to Allah for guiding me to meet such wonderful people.

جوري
12-11-2009, 12:55 AM
^^ God bless you.. great Muslims become they aren't born.. Islam isn't a birth right but a covenant we all have to make with Allah swt as Abraham (p) once did

May Allah swt guide you on your path-- make you steadfast and accompanies you on your journey..

:w:

HandOnHeart
12-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Also, I'll add my family still don't know about my religon change. Personally, I feel it's between me and Allah and no-one else really has to know about it until I am ready. However, of course you should to tell your family at one point, but you should do it when your ready, and dont let it be something on your mind. First, think about how you should be living your life, learn about the stories of wonderful Propets (peace be upon them all) because they are fascinating and it will be an enjoyable expeirence. Then, start considering how you should tell your family. It's not an easy subject, but it's nothing to be ashamed of. You have found the truth, you are really lucky. There are people that will never find the truth. Really, to conclude, it's important to let your family know about your new faith, they may even decide to follow it too . However, it should not be the most important thing on your mind right now. You are about to make a life-changing, wise decsition, and personally i would be concentrating on that right now. This is all in my opinon by the way, you are best to ask the more knowledgeable muslims, I thought as i was in your position, my opinon would be quite useful.

Grofica
12-11-2009, 01:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HandOnHeart
I was a Christian also, and just like Italy, Ireland is a religous country(home of my family), it was religon which split it from the United Kingdom (I think so, not good at history). It's really difficult to convert to Islam, it takes alot of hard work. I only recently declared my Shahada, I don't even know how to properly pray yet. You may as if there were a lot of gaps in the bible, the Qu'arn and Hadith fill them in (in my opinon). Basically, anything I didn't understand in Christianity, Islam helped me see a clearer picture.

Without a doubt, it was the best descition I ever made in my life, it is a beautiful religon and I am so poud to be partially apart of it. Really I am only answering your first question, 'What would i experience?'. That is because I don't think I am a good enough muslim to answer the other questions for you, i don't believe I have the right to, yet. The expeirence is magical, life-changing. Personally, when I look out onto the street and see young girls with skirts past their thighs, their private areas hanging out their tops, pissed out their heads not knowing their own name and possibly heading towards going home with a guy they don't know(each to their own); I feel this gratefulness towards Allah for taking him time to show me that my life doesn't have to be this way. I feel more respect for myself, I love the new me, I feel cleaner and more beautiful. Of course, you are a man so your expeirence will be different from mine, but what my main point is I was a Catholic, and if I didn't find Islam I couldn't imagine how my life would be. It will give you a clearer explaination. I thought as I've gave this rather emotional speach, can I just take my time to thank all the brothers and sisters that have supported me here and also to Allah for guiding me to meet such wonderful people.

perfectly put.

Italianguy
12-11-2009, 02:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-manar
Grazie Fratello

sei molto gentile !!

Abito in Milano..... Ho studiato entrambi Il corano e la bibbia profondamente.

wish you were near, to meet you....

All the best

Dio ti benedica
Mi desidero dove loro l'incontrare come bene! È duro per trovarli un di essere comodo per parlare di questo con.

Non sono sicuro io la wan' t di portare il passo di conversione ancora. Apprezzo la sua risposta nonostante. Sono eccitato per sentire da un italiano di persona!

Dio è con lei sempre!:D

Italianguy
12-11-2009, 02:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HandOnHeart
Also, I'll add my family still don't know about my religon change. Personally, I feel it's between me and Allah and no-one else really has to know about it until I am ready. However, of course you should to tell your family at one point, but you should do it when your ready, and dont let it be something on your mind. First, think about how you should be living your life, learn about the stories of wonderful Propets (peace be upon them all) because they are fascinating and it will be an enjoyable expeirence. Then, start considering how you should tell your family. It's not an easy subject, but it's nothing to be ashamed of. You have found the truth, you are really lucky. There are people that will never find the truth. Really, to conclude, it's important to let your family know about your new faith, they may even decide to follow it too . However, it should not be the most important thing on your mind right now. You are about to make a life-changing, wise decsition, and personally i would be concentrating on that right now. This is all in my opinon by the way, you are best to ask the more knowledgeable muslims, I thought as i was in your position, my opinon would be quite useful.
God be with you. Thank you for your reply.

Italianguy
12-11-2009, 05:44 AM
I have to be honest. I don't think I am ready to embrace Islam as of yet. I do have to say I am amazed in reading all of your responses. You all have been very gracious in trying to help me in my decision. Not that I had any negative connotations before my study of Islam, but I have a newfound respect for all of Islam.

I will also say that I don't think it would be very hard for me to convert. Although I have mainly Christian friends, they are Christians and would still embrace me as a friend. I also have a lot of influence in my community, as well as in the corporate and business world here where I am located. I am well known throughout the community and respected as well.

If I where to embrace Islam as my faith I would only do so wholehearted and fully. I would not hide it; I would only try my hardest to bring Islam’s meaning, and Muhammad’s (PBUH) teachings and truth to all the community. Just as I have with Christianity. My Muslim office manager Mohammad is constantly telling me that Islam needs a brother of influence such as myself in this community (local), he is always trying to set up a meeting with an Mosque to discuss these matters. I know A LOT of people in high places and introduce Mohammad to them constantly.

I must be careful in my decision though, I am a Christian and first and foremost I must do as Allah commands me in my heart. To come to Islam and embrace Muslim belief I must feel in my heart that this is the correct and God given order to do so.

I have experienced many positive remarks, comments, and replies from all of you; my Muslim brothers and sisters. I have even made many new Muslim friends in the community locally (they know me from TV commercials anyway. lol) and continue to learn more of your faith daily. I will continue my study of Islam as of now, and continue my reading of the Qur’an.

I want to thank you all for all of your help and support. I cannot deny that I am a little emotional as I right this,:cry: as I have experienced a whole new level of fulfillment in joining this forum and talking with each and every one of you.

May Allah guide you all along the right path, May He give you peace in your heart, May He bless you with all that you deserve and weigh your acceptance into paradise as that of men and women of God.

God bless you all!

cat eyes
12-11-2009, 03:40 PM
What about my business?

:sl:brother don't let these things hold you back :) it would be such a blessing in your life if you reverted it might be that if all these things happened such as wife might leave you, Allah might bless you with a better woman because if she left you, is that love?:hmm: Allah will give you better friends i mean look at all the brothers on IB They will help you inshaAllah your buisness will be okay. then when you revert you can go on dawah missions :D it will be more enjoyable because muslims are so kind to be around and they will help you Allah will take care of everything else.

yasin ibn Ahmad
12-11-2009, 04:23 PM
What about my business?

Do you notice that all the list is about this worldly things, family,friends,business,etc.I dont mean they are unimportant.But they are not more important than you and your life.As you are a christian you must be believing after life.And if we compare the two lives ,this life and hereafter, you realise which one is important.
I suggest you read the lives of our prophet Mohammad (saw) and Sahabas(His companios).You need to learn what they left behind when following Allah's rules, choosing Islam as a way of life.
I pray Allah show you the right path.

Supreme
12-11-2009, 04:49 PM
I have to be honest. I don't think I am ready to embrace Islam as of yet. I do have to say I am amazed in reading all of your responses. You all have been very gracious in trying to help me in my decision. Not that I had any negative connotations before my study of Islam, but I have a newfound respect for all of Islam.

I will also say that I don't think it would be very hard for me to convert. Although I have mainly Christian friends, they are Christians and would still embrace me as a friend. I also have a lot of influence in my community, as well as in the corporate and business world here where I am located. I am well known throughout the community and respected as well.

If I where to embrace Islam as my faith I would only do so wholehearted and fully. I would not hide it; I would only try my hardest to bring Islam’s meaning, and Muhammad’s (PBUH) teachings and truth to all the community. Just as I have with Christianity. My Muslim office manager Mohammad is constantly telling me that Islam needs a brother of influence such as myself in this community (local), he is always trying to set up a meeting with an Mosque to discuss these matters. I know A LOT of people in high places and introduce Mohammad to them constantly.

I must be careful in my decision though, I am a Christian and first and foremost I must do as Allah commands me in my heart. To come to Islam and embrace Muslim belief I must feel in my heart that this is the correct and God given order to do so.

I have experienced many positive remarks, comments, and replies from all of you; my Muslim brothers and sisters. I have even made many new Muslim friends in the community locally (they know me from TV commercials anyway. lol) and continue to learn more of your faith daily. I will continue my study of Islam as of now, and continue my reading of the Qur’an.

I want to thank you all for all of your help and support. I cannot deny that I am a little emotional as I right this,:cry: as I have experienced a whole new level of fulfillment in joining this forum and talking with each and every one of you.

May Allah guide you all along the right path, May He give you peace in your heart, May He bless you with all that you deserve and weigh your acceptance into paradise as that of men and women of God.

God bless you all!
Fair enough mate. Whatever works for you.

God Bless.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.