/* */

PDA

View Full Version : if the opposite gender asks you about islam?

Ummu Sufyaan
12-10-2009, 05:57 AM
:sl:
so say you are walking in the street, at school, etc and a member of the opposite gender approaches you and asks you about Islam. what do you do? islamically, what are you supposed to do? reply/converse with them or (if possible) say something like:
"if you are interested in knowing, go to xyz masjid *give them address*"

get in contact with brother/sister xyz *give them the contact details of someone you know who may know the answer*

i would implemented the 2nd and 3rd options, but it may come across as rude and im not sure if its right to send someone elsewhere if i could easily answer the question myself. so what are we supposed to do or what could we do to avoid such conversations...or are we allowed converse with the opposite gender for the sake of da3wah?:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ar-RaYYan
12-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Well I think it would depend on the kind of questions hes asking. If they are impersonal and general i think i would answer it as consily as i can (for me it would seem a little bit rude to tell them to go that person or that place if i know the answer already) and direct them to the nearest masjid. Like i said before the less you say and quicker you get away the better. Anywas if the person is practising and genuinely want to know the answer to the specific questions why would they want to ask opposite sex when they could ask someone from their own gender?

Allaah Knows
01-07-2010, 08:21 PM
wa `alaykum salaam wrwb

I would give him the contact details of a bro, better yet, would get the bro to contact him or come down to the school. I wouldnt send him to the masjid just like that as the younger bros who hang about on the streets may display ill manners and drive him away. Better if an older bro took him. wAllaahu a'lam.

OR

Class discussion. I find that works pretty well, if you can convince the teacher it's related to the subject and tbh these days I'm finding we come up in every syllabus subhaanAllaah.

OR

If your school has an email system where every student has a school email address that everyone can see then perhaps send him some beneficial info. (I wouldn't try this personally tho but was thinking about it)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.