/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Turkey warns Israel against violating its airspace

Argamemnon
12-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Turkey warns Israel against violating its airspace

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has warned Israel of strong reaction should the regime violate his country's airspace in an attempt to spy on Iran.

In an interview with Egyptian journalist Fahmi Huwaidi, Erdogan said Turkey's response to any Israeli violation would cause an "earthquake" in Israel, the Turkish media reported.

His remarks were made after some reports claimed that Israel had violated Turkish airspace in order to spy on Iran.

Endogen, however, rejected the reports.

"Furthermore, the Israeli's cannot use the relationship they have with us as a card to wage aggression on a third party and expect us to stand neutral or with folded hands," the premier concluded.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...onid=351020204

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Argamemnon
12-10-2009, 01:04 PM
The following has been translated from its original Arabic by the site administrator.

Turkey To Israel: Cross Our Airspace To Bomb Iran & We Will Respond Like An Earthquake

Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan stated that if Israel crossed over into Turkey’s airspace in order to bomb Iran then their answer to Israel shall be like that of an “earthquake“.

Erdogan’s response was due to a question, in an interview with Lebanese newspaper “Al Safir”, over information indicating that Israel had violated Turkish airspace in the process of spying against Iran.

Erdogan continued,saying that certainly “the information [stating that Israel was using their airspace to spy on Iran] is incorrect,” but he stated that, “if Israel did so, they will receive a response equal to that of an earthquake.”

He also said it was not reasonable that Israel went to Gaza and “swept” the population and later had the audacity to believe that they would still be permitted to train with Turkish defense forces after they have wrought havoc on the Gaza Strip.

“We,the elected government,came into being due to the will of our people. We cannot then challenge the feelings of the Turkish people, who were greatly effected by what happened during that aggression on Gaza. Our respect for the sentiment of the Turkish people played a decisive role in the background of our decision in refusing to conduct exercise “Anatolian Eagle”.

Furthermore,the Israeli’s cannot use the relationship they have with us that is declared on paper in order to hit Iran and we will not stand neutral or with folded hands”

“He said that most worry about in the Palestinian issue now is to develop the Gaza Strip”, which Turned into a big prison open, everyone stands idly by and indifferent to it. Which should not be Silence him, not only by the countries of the region, but also by the civilized world that respects Human rights “.” He described Israel’s war on Gaza as “aggression”, he is a crime against humanity in all its Standards, where Israeli forces used white phosphorus against civilians

He said that “after the aggression,which led to the destruction of Gaza: killing 1,500 of its people and wounding 5,000, a meeting in Sharm el-Sheikh had been agreed in order to rebuild what was destroyed. And there had been millions of dollars dedicated to help rebuild the strip, but the decision was not implemented. The ruins of Gaza have remained unchanged.Worse still; the blockade continues to deprive all basic needs of the people. I have heard that they have had to use the tunnels for the smuggling sheep in order to celebrate Eid al-Adha. “

This is a desperate situation and inhumane situation requires special effort in order to better treat it, so it was natural to include a list of the agenda of the visit “which is currently in Washington”. Erdogan added that there are other items which occupy his mind in this context -The first is that the cessation of settlement activity by Israel which is a necessary condition to return to peace negotiations. And second, Erdogan says that they will do their part in mediating between Israel and Syria. He has, so far, held five rounds of negotiations between the two parties.

In response to a question about the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu wherein the Israeli PM made clear that he was no longer assured of the mediation capability of Turkey in this regard, and preferred the mediation of France, Erdogan replied:
“We wish to mediate between both parties, and if we receive this desire will again respond to them. If Netanyahu does not wish for us to mediate, then we will not” Nor will Turkey pressure Israel into accepting them as a mediator.

Erdogan mentioned that Turkey had made a deal 7 years ago in order buy a non-pilot aircraft but, “this [deal] has not been fulfilled by the government of Tel Aviv” and as a result Turkey had to lease an aircraft due to necessity.
Israel still has the remainder of 40 days to fulfill the deal and “if [after the 40 days] they do not fulfill the contract made over the unmanned airplane we will declare the agreement void”.

Al Safir asked whether or not Iran would be a topic of interest during Erdogan’s visit to Washington wherein he replied by saying that, “it would not be strange to bring up Iran during the trip to Washington” he continued to point out that the “understanding between Turkey and Iran has come a long way in containing many things surrounding the two countries” and noted that they were becoming the most influential nations in the region, and the volume of imports and exports between the nations was,as of now, 10 Billion dollars. There was an expressed hope that it will rise to 30 billion within a short period of time.

The “two countries are in a position of great significance in the Middle East” Erdogan stated, “without any direct intervention with either nations internal affairs”.

http://www.politicaltheatrics.net/?p=1275

Binyamine
12-10-2009, 01:38 PM
I kind of appreciate Mr Erdogan, but yet they still have diplomatic ties with Israel which does not have the right to exist!!!

Supreme
12-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Turkey isn't exactly in a position to act against Israel. The Israelis are complete psycopaths. No one is going to push them about or attack them. Any 'earthquake' Turkey might try and create would only be met with a radioactive Istanbul. The troubling thing is, both Israel and Iran are run by complete nutters who would rather happily see one another burning alive in petroleum- and both countries wouldn't hesitate to violate the land of any other nation in doing so.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
12-10-2009, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Turkey isn't exactly in a position to act against Israel. The Israelis are complete psycopaths. No one is going to push them about or attack them. Any 'earthquake' Turkey might try and create would only be met with a radioactive Istanbul. The troubling thing is, both Israel and Iran are run by complete nutters who would rather happily see one another burning alive in petroleum- and both countries wouldn't hesitate to violate the land of any other nation in doing so.
Actually Iranian government are very peaceful compared to Israel and some Western countries when it comes to foreign policy. President Ahmadinejad is not a nut, he is actually quite intelligent if you listen to him. He is very clear what he has to say and straight to the point unlike some other politicians.

Oh I think I should say this again, Ahmadinejad does not want to wipe Israel off the map, nor he has anything against the Jews (he has a Jewish representative in his own country). He says he would like to see the Zionist government occupying Jeruselaum to be wiped off the pages of time, in other words he wants to see the Zionist government collapse like the way the Soviet Union collasped. Though yes both countries hate each other.

Though yes Israel takes action that could be considered psychotic or even mad. O_O

Argamemnon
12-10-2009, 08:10 PM
The troubling thing is, both Israel and Iran are run by complete nutters who would rather happily see one another burning alive in petroleum- and both countries wouldn't hesitate to violate the land of any other nation in doing so.
Unlike Israel, Iran is run by rational people. Ahmadinejad never said he wanted to "wipe Israel off the map". Those are western/Zionist propaganda and lies. Iran is not an aggressive expansionist terrorist regime. They adhere to International Law unlike Israel and the US. This is documented!!

Ahmadinejad never said "wipe off the map"

http://www.mohammadmossadegh.com/new...f-the-century/

Humbler_359
12-10-2009, 08:24 PM
For one thing, the West including Israel doesn't like a country (i.e Iran) wake-up from sleeping. Now, Turkey is waking up, other nation will follow same thing soon.

China is waking up for building strong muscles, whole world is in change.

Even Pakistan destroy Talibans and suicide bombers (from US funding and group foreign people). Japan's new opposition government (first time in 54 years) is in formal meeting to get rid of West's dominances. Much more.

OurIslamic
12-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Sounds like Turkey may stand up for Palestine...

Supreme
12-10-2009, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Actually Iranian government are very peaceful compared to Israel and some Western countries when it comes to foreign policy. President Ahmadinejad is not a nut, he is actually quite intelligent if you listen to him. He is very clear what he has to say and straight to the point unlike some other politicians.

Oh I think I should say this again, Ahmadinejad does not want to wipe Israel off the map, nor he has anything against the Jews (he has a Jewish representative in his own country). He says he would like to see the Zionist government occupying Jeruselaum to be wiped off the pages of time, in other words he wants to see the Zionist government collapse like the way the Soviet Union collasped. Though yes both countries hate each other.

Though yes Israel takes action that could be considered psychotic or even mad. O_O
Actually, I think psycopathic is worse than mad. But I see you point.

Unlike Israel, Iran is run by rational people. Ahmadinejad never said he wanted to "wipe Israel off the map". Those are western/Zionist propaganda and lies. Iran is not an aggressive expansionist terrorist regime. They adhere to International Law unlike Israel and the US. This is documented!!
Even though I admire Iran and its braveness in defying Western demands (it's one of the most powerful countries in the Middle East, and combines a stable mixture of democratic and Islamic themes into its government), I do think it's got far too many of its own internal problems. It's got suicide bombers, massive persecution of Bahais and its own educated youth it has to fight against before Israel comes on its agenda. I think Ahmadenijad is clever in the way he has used Israel as a scapegoat for internal problems.

Hopefully I'll get to visit Iran soon. The only place in the Middle East I want to visit more is Jerusalem. I actually can't wait, from what I've seen, Iran looks like the most beautiful nation on Earth. The Iranians have every justification for their fierce national pride.

Argamemnon
12-10-2009, 08:49 PM
I do think it's got far too many of its own internal problems. It's got suicide bombers, massive persecution of Bahais and its own educated youth it has to fight against before Israel comes on its agenda.
Unfortunately, the youth is exposed to materialistic Godless western culture :hmm:

What they can't do with weapons westerners do with media and propaganda. Their filthy culture is poisoning the minds of the youth in Iran and other Muslim nations. Sad but true :cry:

You are a Christian, I'm not referring to Christianity but to Atheism/Godlessness.

OurIslamic
12-10-2009, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
Unfortunately, the youth is exposed to materialistic Godless western culture :hmm:

What they can't do with weapons westerners do with media and propaganda. Their filthy culture is poisoning the minds of the youth in Iran and other Muslim nations. Sad but true :cry:
Not to mention the youth who actually LIVE in those western countries!

Argamemnon
12-10-2009, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
Not to mention the youth who actually LIVE in those western countries!
They are a lost case (the majority I would say), hopefully I'm just being pessimistic, but I fear I'm right.

OurIslamic
12-10-2009, 08:55 PM
They are a lost a case (the majority I would say), hopefully I'm just being pessimistic, but I fear I'm right.
...That's a real slap in the face..to me...and *cough* Rashad * cough*

[PIE]WHY?[/PIE]

Argamemnon
12-10-2009, 08:57 PM
...That's a real slap in the face..to me...and *cough* Rashad * cough*

[PIE]WHY?[/PIE]
Are you saying that you're a lost case?

OurIslamic
12-10-2009, 09:03 PM
No, I'm saying that what you said is really stereotypical and ignorant...I never said I'm a lost cause...why in the world would I be here then or start my own Islamic website?

Supreme
12-10-2009, 09:38 PM

You are a Christian, I'm not referring to Christianity but to Atheism/Godlessness.
I do think that is less of a problem in Iran than most countries in the Middle East, mostly because of Iran's laws and government. And I think this 'imperialist' attitude the Iranian Government believes the West has stops most Western influence being seen in Iran. But Iran's Iran: it's unique. It is one of the oldest civilisations in the world; it is a stunningly beautiful country; it is the only nation in the world that is predominantly Shia Muslim; and has a thriving economic and military establishment, despite the antagony from the West. No other nation on Earth is like it. It is truly unique. And for that, I admire it.

aadil77
12-10-2009, 10:09 PM
No they won't they're too cowardly for that, they're sellouts and they'll only do what pleases western countries

Ar-RaYYan
12-10-2009, 11:34 PM
They are a lost case (the majority I would say), hopefully I'm just being pessimistic, but I fear I'm right.
On the contrary I think muslim youths who live in western countries are becoming more aware of their islamic identity. Since 9/11 more young people are turning to Islam and feel a sense of belonging. There has been several studies indicating that increasingly more young muslims are practising their religion more than older generations.

Pygoscelis
12-11-2009, 12:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

I was listening to a speech he gave and he did actually make some good points and I was starting to warm up to him until he spoke on homosexuals. He said that homosexuals do not exist in Iran. It was a hillarious thing to say and I am no longer able to take him seirously. He's a nut.

Maryan0
12-11-2009, 12:46 AM
Turkey has developed a backbone MashAllah now if only the rest of the Muslim world would.
salam

Argamemnon
12-11-2009, 02:14 AM
No, I'm saying that what you said is really stereotypical and ignorant...
What was so stereotypical or ignorant?

:wa:

Argamemnon
12-11-2009, 02:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
No they won't they're too cowardly for that, they're sellouts and they'll only do what pleases western countries
What has your country done?

Ramadhan
12-11-2009, 04:08 AM
About time, don't you think?

Zarmina
12-11-2009, 05:26 AM
Good for Turkey, hopefully, one day countries like Egypt and Jordan can stand up to Israel as well.

GuestFellow
12-11-2009, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
I was listening to a speech he gave and he did actually make some good points and I was starting to warm up to him until he spoke on homosexuals. He said that homosexuals do not exist in Iran. It was a hillarious thing to say and I am no longer able to take him seirously. He's a nut.
lol it sounded to me he was joking when he said that. He did acknowledge homosexuals in Iran when he spoke to Larry King.

OurIslamic
12-11-2009, 04:03 PM
What was so stereotypical or ignorant?

That the Muslim youth in western countries are a "lost cause".:exhausted

OurIslamic
12-11-2009, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
About time, don't you think?
Indeed it is, hopefully we'll see some actions!

Supreme
12-11-2009, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis

Oh yes. Classic Ahmadenijad moment!

Argamemnon
12-13-2009, 05:38 AM
That the Muslim youth in western countries are a "lost cause".:exhausted
A large number of them are, at least here in the Netherlands. It's just the beginning, the children and grandchildren of this generation will become even more westernized.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.