/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Importance Of Verifying Ahadeeth

Binyamine
12-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Peace Mercy And Blessing Of Allah be upon all of us.

Importance Of Verifying Ahadeeth

It was narrated to us on the authority of Mu-mal that he said: “A Shaykh narrated a Hadeeth to me on the virtues of the Qur-aan, chapter by chapter.”

So I asked him: “Who narrated this Hadeeth to you?”

He said: “A man in Madaa-in narrated it to me, he is alive.”

I traveled to him and asked him: “Who narrated this Hadeeth to you?”

He said: “A Shaykh in Waasit narrated it to me, he is alive.”

So I travelled to him, he said: “A Shaykh in Basrah narrated it to me.”

So I travelled to him, he said: “A Shaykh in Ba’badaan narrated it to me.”

So I travelled to him, he took me by the hand into a house, a group of Sufees were in it, with them was a Shaykh, he [the person who took my hand] said: “It is this Shaykh that narrated it to me.” I said: “O Shaykh, who narrated this Hadeeth to you?”

He responded: “Nobody narrated it to me, but I saw that the people were not interested in the Qur-aan, so I fabricated these Ahaadeeth for them so that it may turn their hearts to the Qur-aan.” [Al ‘Iraaqee in ‘The Explanation of Muqadimat ibn as Salaah’]

[Al ‘Allaamah ‘Abdur Rahmaan al Mu’alimee comments:] This man [i.e. the traveler] must have travelled for about three months in order to verify this one Hadeeth. [‘The knowledge of the Narrators and its Importance.]

Al Bukhaaree narrated in 'At Taareekh al Awsat' on the authority of ‘Umar ibn Subh ibn ‘Imraan at Tameemee who said: “I fabricated a Hadeeth on the Khutbah of the Prophet - صلى الله عليه وسلم.”

Just as Maysarah ibn ‘Abd Rabihi al Faarisee admitted that he fabricated some Ahaadeeth on the virtues of the Qur-aan, and that he fabricated seventy Ahadeeth on the virtues of ‘Alee.

And just as Abu ‘Ismah Nooh ibn Abee Maryam who is known as ‘Nooh al Jaami’’ admitted that he fabricated some Ahaadeeth on the virtues of the Qur-aan, chapter by chapter, on the authority of ibn ‘Abbaas. [The Causes for Fabrication and the Categories of Fabricators]

[As Suyootee in ‘Tadreeb ar Rawee’ comments on a fabricated Hadeeth stating:] “This Hadeeth cannot be fabricated by a Muslim, the person accused of fabricating it is Muhammad ibn Shajjaa’, he was deviant in his religion…”

Shu’bah said concerning him: “I saw him, if he was given a Dirham he would fabricate fifty Ahaadeeth.”

‘Abdullaah ibn Yazeed al Muqree said: “A man from the people of innovations repented from his innovation, he then started saying; ‘Look at who you take Hadeeth from, for indeed if we had an opinion, we would turn it into a Hadeeth.’”

Abu al ‘Abbaas al Qurtubee, the author of ‘al Mufhim Sharh Saheeh Muslim’ stated: “Some of the Fuqahaa of the people of desires permitted that if a ruling is derived from a clear analogy, then it is permissible to attribute it to the Messenger - صلى الله عليه وسلم - verbally saying; the Messenger of Allaah said …!!”

Al Haafidh Abu Ya’laa al Khaleelee stated in ‘Al Irshaad’; “The Raafidah fabricated Ahaadeeth on the virtues of ‘Alee and Ahlul Bayt, about three hundred thousand Ahaadeeth.”

Ibn al Qayyim comments in ‘Al Manaar al Muneef’: “Do not think this is farfetched, for if you research what they have from fabricated Ahaadeeth you would find that it is as he stated.”

Source:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
12-13-2009, 08:56 PM
:sl:

Jazaakallah for this, this is something that we all have to be careful of.

I had heard that something like that had been made up about the Qur'an, i.e. emphasising extreme virtues of reading certain surahs, which are actually not true. And that was made up by a well meaning person after the time of the sahaaba, who was disappointed that people had turned away from the Qur'an, and he wanted to bring them back to it, but he forgot or was ignorant of the grave sin associated with attributing something to the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) that he didn't actually say!

Whoever made it up should not have attributed it to the Prophet. Ali (radhiallahu anhu) narrated that the Prophet (sallallâhu ‘alayhi wasallam) said, “Do not tell a lie against me for whoever tells a lie against me (intentionally) then he will surely enter the Hell-fire.” (Bukhari 1/106 and Ibn Majah 1/31)

Salama (radhiallahu anhu) narrated that he heard the Prophet (sallallâhu ‘alayhi wasallam) saying, “Whoever ascribes to me what I have not said then (surely) let him occupy his seat in Hell-fire.” (Bukhari 1/109)

This is an authentic hadeeth and applies regardless of whether the attribution was well-meant or not, i.e. we have to be really careful about what we say came from the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam). In fact some of the sahaaba (radiallaahu anhum) did not narrate very many ahadeeth, despite spending a lot of time with the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam), and this was only because they were so afraid of making a mistake in the narration, as they knew the sin associated with it.

See also details on the following two fabricated ahadeeth.:

Whoever talks during the adhaan will not be able to say the shahaadah on his deathbed.

http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/S...Option=FatwaId

Fifteen punishments of those who leave the prayer.

The following (ie the hadith below) is an outright fabrication against Allah's Messenger (saw). The hadith master Hafidh Ibn Hajar (d.852H) described it as "manifest falsehood" (Lisan al-Mizan, 5/pp.295-297). Similarly, Shaykh Abdul Aziz ibn Baz - the former Grand Mufti of the Saudi Arabia - said in his 'Fatawaa' (1/p.97) in reference to this hadith: "It is compulsory on a person who finds a paper containing this hadith that he burns it, and warns anyone he finds spreading this narration (i.e. not to spread it), in order to safeguard the Sunnah of the Prophet from the lies of the liars (who fabricated this hadith)".

"SAYINGS (HADITH) OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam)
>The one who disdains the prayers will receive Fifteen punishments from Allah.
>Six punishments in this lifetime Three while dying Three in the grave &
>Three on the Day of Judgment.
>
>
>THE SIX PUNISHMENTS OF LIFE:
>1. Allah takes away blessings from his age (makes his life misfortunate)
>2.Allah does not accept his plea (Dua's)
>3.Allah erases the features of good people from his face.
>4.He will be detested by all creatures on earth.
>5.Allah does not award him for his good deeds. (No thawab)
>6.He will not be included in the Dua's of good people.
>
>
>THE THREE PUNISHMENTS WHILE DYING:
>1. He dies humiliated.
>2. He dies hungry.
>3. He dies thirsty. Even if he drinks the water of all seas he will still be thirsty.
>
>
>THE THREE PUNISHMENTS IN THE GRAVE:
>1. Allah tightens his grave until his chest ribs come over each other.
>2. Allah pours on him fire with embers.
>3. Allah sets on him a snake called "the brave", "the bold" which hits Him
>from morning until afternoon for leaving Fajr prayer, from the afternoon
>until Asr for leaving Dhuhr prayer and so on. With each strike he sinks 70
>yards under the ground.
>
>
>THE THREE PUNISHMENTS ON THE DAY OF JUDGMENT:
>1. Allah sends who would accompany him to hell pulling him on the face.
>2. Allah gives him an angry look that makes the flesh of his face fall down.
>3. Allah judges him strictly and orders him to be thrown in hell.

>THOSE WHO DO NOT SAY THEIR PRAYERS OF:
>FAJAR: the glow of their face is taken away.
>ZOHAR: the blessing of their income is taken away.
>ASAR: the strength of their body is taken away.
>MAGHRIB: they are not benefacted by their children.
>ISHA: the peace of their sleep is taken away."

I imagine that it was made up in order to emphasise the importance of praying salaat regularly and to make people pray, but nevertheless whoever made it up should not have attributed it to the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam). This applies regardless of whether the attribution was well-meant or not, i.e. we have to be really careful about what we say came from the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam). In fact some of the sahaaba (radiallaahu anhum) did not narrate very many ahadeeth, despite spending a lot of time with the Prophet ,(sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) and this was only because they were so afraid of making a mistake in the narration, as they knew the sin associated with it.

I guess that as Muslims our collective problem, is that we haven't really studied hadeeth or it's science or about hadeeth narrators, so we have no way of knowing if a particular hadeeth we have heard is authentic or not. May Allah give us all the tawfeeq to learn about this - ameen.

:sl:

ebuhadha
07-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Subhanallah. Two weird things i read here: ‘Abdullaah ibn Yazeed al Muqree said: “A man from the people of innovations repented from his innovation, he then started saying; ‘Look at who you take Hadeeth from, for indeed if we had an opinion, we would turn it into a Hadeeth.’”

First thing is that a person of innovation repents

Second thing is the fact that they would call their opinions as a hadith.

Abul-Jawzaa
02-21-2011, 07:38 PM
This is a very important topic.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flame of Hope
02-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Jazak Allah khair for a valuable post.

Muhammad Aseem
03-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Jazak allah khair for an excellent post.

However for a layperson it is very difficult to identify and judge what hadith is authentic.

The best way is to find a good imam, or sheikh.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.