/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what can I do?

innocent
12-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Assalamalaikum.
What can I do if I am somewhere where no-one knows the Qibla direction and I I have no way of finding out. How should I pray?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
12-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Best thing is to take a compass with you or if you roughly know where north is then you can kind of imagine where makkah is from a map point of view. According to different madbhabs you can be within 90 or 180 degrees of the qiblahs direction

noorseeker
12-10-2009, 04:25 PM
If your in uk look at which wat the satellite dishes are pointing, its near enough close enough to the direction of the qibla,.

innocent
12-10-2009, 04:27 PM
I am useless with a compass and any kind of directions.
I might try the satellite dish theory though, if I can see any?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
innocent
12-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Approximately which direction is it in from UK. N? E? S? W? Any idea?

aadil77
12-10-2009, 05:12 PM
The sky dish trick is a good one, other than that you can tell by motorways like in uk you can tell that the 'M1 North' is goin north lol

nebula
12-10-2009, 05:54 PM
asalaamalaykum

try this website http://www.qiblalocator.com/ , enter ur address at the top and then it will show u, change the view to satellite it will give u a better idea which way u have to pray inshAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!