/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Allegations Against Our Prophet (PBUH)

StayHumble
12-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Ok so I was surfing the net today and I came across something that was very disturbing. Alot of websites are making the claim that the Prophet did things that contradict Islam. I don't believe this but could someone clear this up.

For example in the Quran it says: “They ask you concerning menstruation. Say: that is an Adha (a harmful thing for a husband to have a sexual intercourse with his wife while she is having her menses), therefore, keep away from women during menses”
[al-Baqarah 2:222]

and then they mention these authentic AHadith from Sahih Bukhari:

Volume 1, Book 6, Number 298:

Narrated ‘Aisha:

The Prophet and I used to take a bath from a single pot while we were Junub. During the menses, he used to order me to put on an Izar (dress worn below the waist) and used to fondle me. While in Itikaf, he used to bring his head near me and I would wash it while I used to be in my periods (menses).

Volume 1, Book 6, Number 297:

Narrated Um Salama:

While I was laying with the Prophet under a single woolen sheet, I got the menses. I slipped away and put on the clothes for menses. He said, “Have you got “Nifas” (menses)?” I replied, “Yes.” He then called me and made me lie with him under the same sheet.

Volume 1, Book 6, Number 296:

Narrated ‘Aisha:

The Prophet used to lean on my lap and recite Qur’an while I was in menses.

Volume 1, Book 6, Number 298:

Narrated ‘Aisha:

The Prophet and I used to take a bath from a single pot while we were Junub. During the menses, he used to order me to put on an Izar (dress worn below the waist) and used to fondle me. While in Itikaf, he used to bring his head near me and I would wash it while I used to be in my periods (menses).

Volume 1, Book 6, Number 300

Narrated Maimuna:

When ever Allah’s Apostle wanted to fondle any of his wives during the periods (menses), he used to ask her to wear an Izar.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
HandOnHeart
12-11-2009, 02:10 AM
Hmm, hard one. Of course I don't believe it's contradictory either, I hope someone will clear it up for us. A learning oppertunity had arised for me here mash'allah.

Ramadhan
12-11-2009, 03:24 AM
My knowledge is very little in the science of hadith and interpretation of the Qur'an,
but from the point of view of a lay person, I see there is no contradiction whatsoever.

The Qur'an verse says not to have sex with your wive when they are having period. "keep away" in the context of the verse meaning not to have intercourse. The language of the Qur'an is very high and sophisticated, so it will never say the word "sexual intercourse".

And according the hadiths, prophet SAW never had sexual intercourse with his wives when they had their periods.

جوري
12-11-2009, 03:34 AM
I don't see any contradiction?.. do you abandon your wives when they have their periods? you are simply not to have intercourse since the lining of the uterus hangs low during menses and may make it easy to have an ascending infection...
Whomever wrote them to pain them as a contradiction is just a hypocrite.. in fact the ahadith show that you should have a loving nature toward your wife.. you should read up on women in Judaism during menses like they are pariahs or something..

you can read the quran so long as you don't touch it, and you can be close to your wife so long as you don't have intercourse..

I don't know much about the science of hadith but it seems plain common sense to me

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insecured soul
12-11-2009, 03:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I don't see any contradiction?.. do you abandon your wives when they have their periods? you are simply not to have intercourse since the lining of the uterus hangs low during menses and may make it easy to have an ascending infection...
Whomever wrote them to pain them as a contradiction is just a hypocrite.. in fact the ahadith show that you should have a loving nature toward your wife.. you should read up on women in Judaism during menses like they are pariahs or something..

you can read the quran so long as you don't touch it, and you can be close to your wife so long as you don't have intercourse..

I don't know much about the science of hadith but it seems plain common sense to me

Gossamer skye said it

Ummu Sufyaan
12-11-2009, 04:08 AM
:sl:
or in Christianity where she has to stay separated in a room that is separated and completely unattached from the house itself.

StayHumble
12-11-2009, 04:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye

An enlightening explanation thank you brother.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-11-2009, 04:20 AM
:sl:
stupid people will dig up anything and will risk making themselves look stupid for the sake of justifying their own hate.
For example in the Quran it says: “They ask you concerning menstruation. Say: that is an Adha (a harmful thing for a husband to have a sexual intercourse with his wife while she is having her menses), therefore, keep away from women during menses”
[al-Baqarah 2:222]
they haven't defined what it is meant by "keeping away from them" here...keeping away from them in which way? ...they "cross-breed" the ayah with a few hadiths to support their baseless views, and try to make something out of nothing.

جوري
12-11-2009, 04:55 AM
Jazakoum Allah khyran.. I honestly didn't labor for a reply it is plain common sense.. in fact those who go so far as paint Muslim men as misogynistic should learn a lesson from this.. women aren't outcasts simply for menstruating (a natural physiological process)-- they are not to be abandoned and unloved or denied God's love -- I'd go so far as say knowing what I know of such a condition that it is divine mercy to not have men force themselves on women while still showing them love..

They write things in an inflammatory style only because they are angry their religion doesn't allow them tender treatment.. worst yet, the highest state they can reach (religiously) is an unnatural state of separation whereby they become priests and nuns.. and we all know the outcome of that?

Zarmina
12-11-2009, 05:22 AM
Be careful what you read, there's a lot of people trying to twist words and facts to make Islam and our Prophet look bad.

GuestFellow
12-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Ah....I don't see anything wrong with those verses...nor there is a contradiction I believe.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.