/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A small token of my appretiation

Italianguy
12-11-2009, 05:49 AM
I have to be honest. I don't think I am ready to embrace Islam as of yet. I do have to say I am amazed in reading all of your responses. You all have been very gracious in trying to help me in my decision. Not that I had any negative connotations before my study of Islam, but I have a newfound respect for all of Islam.

I will also say that I don't think it would be very hard for me to convert. Although I have mainly Christian friends, they are Christians and would still embrace me as a friend. I also have a lot of influence in my community, as well as in the corporate and business world here where I am located. I am well known throughout the community and respected as well.

If I where to embrace Islam as my faith I would only do so wholehearted and fully. I would not hide it; I would only try my hardest to bring Islam’s meaning, and Muhammad’s (PBUH) teachings and truth to all the community. Just as I have with Christianity. My Muslim office manager Mohammad is constantly telling me that Islam needs a brother of influence such as myself in this community (local), he is always trying to set up a meeting with an Mosque to discuss these matters. I know A LOT of people in high places and introduce Mohammad to them constantly.

I must be careful in my decision though, I am a Christian and first and foremost I must do as Allah commands me in my heart. To come to Islam and embrace Muslim belief I must feel in my heart that this is the correct and God given order to do so.

I have experienced many positive remarks, comments, and replies from all of you; my Muslim brothers and sisters. I have even made many new Muslim friends in the community locally (they know me from TV commercials anyway. lol) and continue to learn more of your faith daily. I will continue my study of Islam as of now, and continue my reading of the Qur’an.

I want to thank you all for all of your help and support. I cannot deny that I am a little emotional as I right this, as I have experienced a whole new level of fulfillment in joining this forum and talking with each and every one of you.

May Allah guide you all along the right path, May He give you peace in your heart, May He bless you with all that you deserve and weigh your acceptance into paradise as that of men and women of God.

God bless you all!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
12-11-2009, 05:57 AM
May God guide you to the path he loves and chooses.. the path of the righteous ..

ameen

peace

Tony
12-11-2009, 07:40 AM
Assalamu aleiykum Italianguy, I would say the emotion you feel is the direct result of becoming closer to Allah and the ways of our beloved prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, may Allah strengthen your convictions and make you a shining beacon within the light of Islam, Ameen

Danah
12-11-2009, 08:03 AM
May Allah guide you to the right path and the inner peace.

And may we hear some good news about you soon inshaAllah. You are one of those sincere non-Muslims whom I respect in this forum. All the best in your seeking-truth journey.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
12-11-2009, 09:07 AM
it is such a delight for me to know that people are interested in Islam and yet despite their disbelief in it, still hold it in high respects.

i want to comment on something in your initial post that stood out for me.

I must be careful in my decision though, I am a Christian and first and foremost I must do as Allah commands me in my heart. To come to Islam and embrace Muslim belief I must feel in my heart that this is the correct and God given order to do so.
you are a Christian, but still proceeding this, is your belief and your desire to do by what Allah has commanded you to do? You seem to have a desire to please Allah, who hasn't attributed a son for himself, and is one, no son, no trinity, etc as the Christian belief upholds.

how are you unifying the 2 things? how are they an equilibrium for you? because to me, they seem 2 very contradicting things :?

am i making sense :hiding:

Khaldun
12-11-2009, 11:15 AM
:sl:

Try to wake up a few hours before dawn one night and raise your hands upwards (how muslims do) and supplicate and say "O Creator of the Universe, if Islaam truly is the right path to tread upon then guide me to it, and open up my chest towards it, I am in need of Your Mercy"

فَمَن يُرِدِ اللّهُ أَن يَهْدِيَهُ يَشْرَحْ صَدْرَهُ لِلإِسْلاَمِ وَمَن يُرِدْ أَن يُضِلَّهُ يَجْعَلْ صَدْرَهُ ضَيِّقًا حَرَجًا كَأَنَّمَا يَصَّعَّدُ فِي السَّمَاء

And whomsoever God wills to guide, He opens up his chest wide with willingness towards Islaam; and whomsoever He wills to let go astray, He causes his chest to be tight and constricted, as if he were climbing unto the skies: [Suraah al-An'aam]

Rabi'ya
12-11-2009, 11:22 AM
brother Italianguy,

I always enjoy reading your posts and I have to say I am happy that you are on the path towards Islam. I will keep you in my prayers and try to do as Khaldun suggested. inshAllah it will help you to make your decision.

Hope to see a new brother in Islam very soon :)

S_87
12-11-2009, 11:30 AM
You are very welcome here and if you do embrace islam, remember you will not be rejecting Jesus peace be upon him as he is a great Prophet of Allah, but rather you will be embracing totally what he and other prophets came to preach and Muhammed peace and blessings be upon him completed.
May Allah guide you to the light of islam and keep you firm

Italianguy
12-11-2009, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
I have to be honest. I don't think I am ready to embrace Islam as of yet. I do have to say I am amazed in reading all of your responses. You all have been very gracious in trying to help me in my decision. Not that I had any negative connotations before my study of Islam, but I have a newfound respect for all of Islam.

I will also say that I don't think it would be very hard for me to convert. Although I have mainly Christian friends, they are Christians and would still embrace me as a friend. I also have a lot of influence in my community, as well as in the corporate and business world here where I am located. I am well known throughout the community and respected as well.

If I where to embrace Islam as my faith I would only do so wholehearted and fully. I would not hide it; I would only try my hardest to bring Islam’s meaning, and Muhammad’s (PBUH) teachings and truth to all the community. Just as I have with Christianity. My Muslim office manager Mohammad is constantly telling me that Islam needs a brother of influence such as myself in this community (local), he is always trying to set up a meeting with an Mosque to discuss these matters. I know A LOT of people in high places and introduce Mohammad to them constantly.

I have experienced many positive remarks, comments, and replies from all of you; my Muslim brothers and sisters. I have even made many new Muslim friends in the community locally (they know me from TV commercials anyway. lol) and continue to learn more of your faith daily. I will continue my study of Islam as of now, and continue my reading of the Qur’an.

I want to thank you all for all of your help and support. I cannot deny that I am a little emotional as I right this, as I have experienced a whole new level of fulfillment in joining this forum and talking with each and every one of you.

May Allah guide you all along the right path, May He give you peace in your heart, May He bless you with all that you deserve and weigh your acceptance into paradise as that of men and women of God.

God bless you all!
I may have asked this before but what does "InshaAllah" stand for and how is it pronounced? Is it like "In...sha...Allah" or "In...sa...Allah":D

Humbler_359
12-11-2009, 04:29 PM
:sl: Brother,

Also, I have been enjoy reading your humble posts and you are very kind person. I am glad that you are here to be part in IslamicBoard (IB) family. I appreciate your efforts.

InshaAllah means 'God's Will', pronounce is "Insha" "Allah"

One more thing, if people said how are you? You will say Alhamdulillah (Al Ham du li llah) means 'Praise to God'. It would be Alhamdulillah, I am doing fine.

Hope you are not leaving this forum. It is your decision when time is right. :statisfie

Italianguy
12-11-2009, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
it is such a delight for me to know that people are interested in Islam and yet despite their disbelief in it, still hold it in high respects.

i want to comment on something in your initial post that stood out for me.

you are a Christian, but still proceeding this, is your belief and your desire to do by what Allah has commanded you to do? You seem to have a desire to please Allah, who hasn't attributed a son for himself, and is one, no son, no trinity, etc as the Christian belief upholds.

how are you unifying the 2 things? how are they an equilibrium for you? because to me, they seem 2 very contradicting things :?

am i making sense :hiding:
Yes you are making sense. I would not ever combine or put together God (Allah) with any other. I just like using the Arabic word for God (Allah). If I am wrong please correct me. I s Allah a different God? I thought Allah was God? Same as God of Christians just with no Son? When one says the word God or Allah, one is speaking of the one and only God, the word God is singular.

Believing there is only one God with no Son and or incarnate is kind of the reason i am leaning more towards Islam. But i am not ready to do so yet. I say I doubt the Son, but i don't think that is %100 true. I think Satan is playing with my head sometimes.

Thank you and God be with you!

Hope i didn't confuse you.lol

OurIslamic
12-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Brother, I wish you the best of luck :D.

Italianguy
12-11-2009, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
:sl: Brother,

Also, I have been enjoy reading your humble post and you are very kind person. I am glad that you are here to be part in IslamicBoard (IB) family. I appreciate your efforts.

InshaAllah means 'God's Will', pronounce is "Insha" "Allah"

One more thing, if people said how are you? You will say Alhamdulillah (Al Ham du li llah) means 'Praise to God'. It would be Alhamdulillah, I am doing fine.

Hope you are not leaving this forum. It is your decision when time is right. :statisfie

Thank you, i thought thats what it meant. (InshaAllah). Why would i leave the board? I think you may have saw my answer to the guy who came in the forum who told me to go kill myself, and none liked me here. I believed him for a minute so i told him if i had to I would leave. But come to find out he was just a prejudice morron. I'm not going anywhere.

God be with you!

Humbler_359
12-11-2009, 04:49 PM
:sl:

^Lol, I am giving this useful link you may look around whenever you have time- http://www.islam-guide.com/ ............ Simple and Easy.

Supreme
12-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Go whichever path you think God is leading you to mate. No pressure. And good luck whatever the weather.

Asiyah3
12-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Peace be upon you, Italianguy

I sincerily hope that Allah will guide you to Islam. I don't know what there is deep in your heart -Allah knows best-, but I do feel that you are someone who truly seeks the Truth.

I'm very glad that you'll continue to study Islam and read the Qur'aan until you're heart will know whatever you choose :)

I've read a few of your posts and It's a pleasure to have you here (I enjoyed reading your views), you're a really nice guy and May Allah guide you to His path.

By the way are you really italian? :D

Please ask about whatever troubles your mind :statisfie and I'm glad you've enjoyed your stay here with us

Italianguy
12-11-2009, 11:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_

I sincerily hope that Allah will guide you to Islam. I don't know what there is deep in your heart -Allah knows best-, but I do feel that you are someone who truly seeks the Truth.

I'm very glad that you'll continue to study Islam and read the Qur'aan until you're heart will know whatever you choose :)

I've read a few of your posts and It's a pleasure to have you here (I enjoyed reading your views), you're a really nice guy and May Allah guide you to His path.

By the way are you really italian? :D Yes
I am Italian,both my parents are from Pesacantanza (south) but I was born in NY City USA

Please ask about whatever troubles your mind :statisfie and I'm glad you've enjoyed your stay here wit

h us
I will send a private message to you
God be with you.

Italianguy
12-12-2009, 01:54 AM

By the way are you really italian? :D

Please ask about whatever troubles your mind :statisfie and I'm glad you've

enjoyed your stay here with us
I will answer again i was trying to respond on my iphone. Yes, I am Italian, although i was born in the USA, Astoria Queens in New York City to be exact. My parents were from a village in the southern part of Italy (Puglia region) called Pescantanza. There is some Middle eastern in our blood, my great grandmother was 1/4 Palestinian and 3/4 Italian (I know...I know it's a little different than the usuall), my Grandfather was Italian, and somewhere down the line we got some turkish in our blood. They all fled the country when Mussolini was in power. And we also have about 23 different nationalities in our family.(The children are beautiful),. My brother maried a Saudi woman, I married South Indian. the list goes on.

God bless.

cat eyes
12-12-2009, 04:32 PM
I will answer again i was trying to respond on my iphone. Yes, I am Italian, although i was born in the USA, Astoria Queens in New York City to be exact. My parents were from a village in the southern part of Italy (Puglia region) called Pescantanza. There is some Middle eastern in our blood, my great grandmother was 1/4 Palestinian and 3/4 Italian (I know...I know it's a little different than the usuall), my Grandfather was Italian, and somewhere down the line we got some turkish in our blood. They all fled the country when Mussolini was in power. And we also have about 23 different nationalities in our family.(The children are beautiful),. My brother maried a Saudi woman, I married South Indian. the list goes on.

God bless.
haha wow you have alot of different types of nationality in your family. i say your ancestors must have been muslim as you say that your grandmother was 1/4palestinian

Italianguy
12-12-2009, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
haha wow you have alot of different types of nationality in your family. i say your ancestors must have been muslim as you say that your grandmother was 1/4palestinian
Well, she was my great grandmother. I never thought of that though, i guess there could have been a touch of Isalm in there somewhere? I heard she said originaly she (the Palestinian) converted to Catholicism. Thats why one of my family married her. Yeah we have a ton of nationalities one of my sisters (inlaw) is Chinese and we have Spanish to. Don't know if you ever heard of her but my wife is related to Padma Lakshmi.

God bless.

I think i am going to post a short description of me and my family on here, it's pretty interesting. You wouldn't believe some of whom i am related too!

Asiyah3
12-12-2009, 04:51 PM

God bless.
Interesting :statisfie

Is your brother a muslim?

Italianguy
12-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Interesting :statisfie

Is your brother a muslim?
No he is a Chrstian.....on and off. He loses faith quikly. His wife claims to be Muslim but is not practicing as you can tell. Both of them aren't very religious.

Asiyah3
12-14-2009, 08:40 PM
No he is a Chrstian.....on and off. He loses faith quikly. His wife claims to be Muslim but is not practicing as you can tell. Both of them aren't very religious.
I see. It isn't permissible for a muslim woman to marry a non-muslim

Asiyah3
12-15-2009, 12:37 PM
May I ask if your brother and his wife got married Islamically,

Did the wife's dad "support" the marriage?

Italianguy
12-15-2009, 01:13 PM
May I ask if your brother and his wife got married Islamically,

Did the wife's dad "support" the marriage?
NO they just went down to the court and did it. Her father was pissed as hell :raging: at first but now he likes him.:D like I said they are all not really practicing Muslims, they just kinda claim it. They become full on Muslim so to speak when they are around other Muslims.

sister herb
12-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Peace with you;

I too have to say I have enjoyed as reading your posts. I like others here are just happy if we have helped you any ways with your studing about Islam and muslims. As you know, it is our duty try to help others whose may ask something about Islam, not try to pressure you with your decisions.

So welcome to here again. :statisfie

sister Harb

Italianguy
12-16-2009, 01:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Peace with you;

I too have to say I have enjoyed as reading your posts. I like others here are just happy if we have helped you any ways with your studing about Islam and muslims. As you know, it is our duty try to help others whose may ask something about Islam, not try to pressure you with your decisions.

So welcome to here again. :statisfie

sister Harb
Thank you:D

I am glad you have enjoyed my posts. I apreciate all the help i can get in my study of Islam. No one has presured me. I have a strengthed awarness of my own faith and relise where I belong. As well it is my duty to help Islam understand the true meaning of Christ.

God be with you sister.:statisfie

Donia
12-16-2009, 03:32 AM
Don't know if you ever heard of her but my wife is related to Padma Lakshmi.
From Top Chef right? Congratulations on the upcoming new addition to the family then insha'Allah.

Nice original post. I hope that Allah will guide you to the right path and keep you among those who seek to please Allah. Ameen.
Peace be to you.

Italianguy
12-16-2009, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
From Top Chef right? Congratulations on the upcoming new addition to the family then insha'Allah.

Nice original post. I hope that Allah will guide you to the right path and keep you among those who seek to please Allah. Ameen.
Peace be to you.
Lol, yeah she was on that show too. What addition to the family?

God be with you.

Donia
12-16-2009, 03:41 AM
Lol, yeah she was on that show too. What addition to the family?

God be with you.
I was referring to Padma's pregnancy.

Italianguy
12-16-2009, 03:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
I was referring to Padma's pregnancy.
Oh yeah.lol

My wife hasn't heard from her in like two years. she has ben busy. My wifes parents where there for her birth she is from Chennai.

She is related way down the line as far as I know. You know those Indians.lol

No offense fellow Tamillians!:D

God be with you.

Ali_008
12-16-2009, 03:53 AM
An italianguy married to a tamilian!!!!! :awesome:

That's interesting.

So do you guys have Pizzas with Chutneys??? ;D:giggling::p :lol::popcorn:

no offense :thumbs_up

Italianguy
12-16-2009, 04:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
An italianguy married to a tamilian!!!!! :awesome:

That's interesting.

So do you guys have Pizzas with Chutneys??? ;D:giggling::p :lol::popcorn:

no offense :thumbs_up
Haha, Pizzas made with Romali Roti, and bruscheta made with Naan.lol

Actually i eat mostly Indian foods. My wife packs a tiffin for me every day for work! It's awesome.

I love rice, Naan, Roti(Italians love bread) as well i like Palak Paneer, Tandoori chicken and her Aachi's Biriani!!!! ummm umm good! The normal stuff. But i like it "India Hot" lol

Italianguy
12-16-2009, 04:03 AM
Haha, Pizzas made with Romali Roti, and bruscheta made with Naan.lol

Actually i eat mostly Indian foods. My wife packs a tiffin for me every day for work! It's awesome.

I love rice, Naan, Roti(Italians love bread) as well i like Palak Paneer, Tandoori chicken and her Aachi's Biriani!!!! ummm umm good! The normal stuff. But i like it "India Hot" lol
We Italians love rice. Did you know we (Italy) has a rice festival? It's huge, and dedicated to rice.lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.