/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway I can download any of the surahs from Quran explorer?

innocent
12-11-2009, 12:55 PM
On to my phone or pc.?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
12-11-2009, 01:20 PM
you can have as a pdf in your mobile but I am not sure about quran Explorer, let me know if you need it as pdf, I will forward you a site where you download them from

Eye-OfThe-Storm
12-13-2009, 09:25 AM
What exactly do you want to download?

1) Do you want to download the entire surah by whatever reciters are reading on Quran explorer.

2) Or are you interested in downloading only individual ayats which is the way quran explorer breaks up the verses into chunks?

Answer :

If you wanna do #1, then its much easier to go to a website like QuranicAudio.com where you can find full surah's in high quality from many reciters, including the ones in QuranExplorer

If you wanna do #2, the you would have to use a special program which automatically downloads any clips. It can be a bit cumbersome. What I would suggest is a program called "Audacity" which you can dowload from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Once you download it, load the program onto your computer. Then go to this link (http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...shtml?lame_enc) and download another file called lame_enc.dll. Its a small file, and not a program. Save that file somewhere on your computer like your desktop.

Then open audacity the program. Download any surah you want from any reciter you find on the internet. Once the surah is downloaded, drag the file and put it into the audacity programs window. This will load the surah on audacity.

From there you can split the surah any how you want. You manually copy and paste any region of the surah you want, allowing you to save individual ayats from any surah recited by any Imam/Qari.

I hope I answered your question. Any problems let me know and I'll be happy to help out.

Asalamu'Alaykum

innocent
12-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Jazakallh khair brother Eye of the storm. That is very helpful.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
innocent
12-15-2009, 12:56 PM
I have just downloaded one of the surahs into my phone card and I tried to do another one and it says cannot copy I tried a different one and it said the same. I know I have plenty of space left on the card. What could be the reason?

innocent
12-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Its ok I got it sorted.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.