/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quake alert

Alpha Dude
12-11-2009, 05:44 PM
:sl:

Call me weird, but I have this add-on for Firefox that shakes my browser window whenever an earthquake is detected anywhere in the world. :hiding:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
12-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Sounds like really fun :D Though you don't probably have it for a spesific reason or?

And how often does an earthquaKe happen?

Dunno if I can trust this

Alpha Dude
12-11-2009, 06:16 PM
A while ago there were some 7/8ish quakes and somebody on another forum I frequent posted about it and I thought it would be interesting to have.

Yeah they are quite frequent actually. A couple of 5's (avg) a day.

What's not to trust?

جوري
12-11-2009, 06:20 PM
I experienced a quake once when I was in England, I was talking to my friends about jinn while on top of the bed.. I swear to God it was so creepy.. but my mind just dismissed it as a quake because I refuse to think of it as anything else, even if for a second I thought they'd come to being mentioned

(deleted exorcist pic upon request)

all my books had fallen off the shelves.. I never confirmed that it was a quake because I didn't have a TV (you need a license there apparently)

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
12-12-2009, 09:06 PM
lol i think it might have been that something else sis because quakes don't happen in united kingdom. its extremely rare ;D

Italianguy
12-12-2009, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I experienced a quake once when I was in England, I was talking to my friends about jinn while on top of the bed.. I swear to God it was so creepy.. but my mind just dismissed it as a quake because I refuse to think of it as anything else, even if for a second I thought they'd come to being mentioned

all my books had fallen off the shelves.. I never confirmed that it was a quake because I didn't have a TV (you need a license there apparently)

:wa:
Not sure if you knew, but that picture is a cartoon from a sceene in the movie"The Exorcist" its scary. Gave me nightmares when i saw it.

cat eyes
12-12-2009, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Not sure if you knew, but that picture is a cartoon from a sceene in the movie"The Exorcist" its scary. Gave me nightmares when i saw it.
yeah i was thinking it looked familiar, reminds me of my sister hearing the alarm for school ;D

Humbler_359
12-12-2009, 09:30 PM
:sl: Dr. Sister,

Could you please kindly remove "The Exorcist" cartoon, yes it is. Same girl from the movie. It is scary and sick. I haven't watched it but some weird.

Never watch any jinn movies or ghost or satan that will affect your mind and soul.

Wasalaam!

Supreme
12-12-2009, 11:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
lol i think it might have been that something else sis because quakes don't happen in united kingdom. its extremely rare ;D
They do happen, although it is very rare. The UK is no where near any tectonic plate boundaries, thankfully. And when we do get them, they're a joke.

جوري
12-12-2009, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359

Could you please kindly remove "The Exorcist" cartoon, yes it is.
wa3lykoum aslaam
Done!

Same girl from the movie. It is scary and sick. I haven't watched it but some weird.

Never watch any jinn movies or ghost or satan that will affect your mind and soul.

Wasalaam!
I am sorry I didn't know it upset you.. as sick as that movie was, it wasn't the scariest I have seen (I suppose I find psychological thrillers more horrifying) but I think different people find different things horrifying..

waslaam 3lykoum wr wb

Ummu Sufyaan
12-13-2009, 08:00 AM
:sl:
i've experienced an earthquake before. i didn't think much of it at the time it was happening becuase we dont get earthquakes here, alhamdulillah and it sort of sounded like a thunderstorm. you could hear the windows shaking, and a rumble sounded in the air...but as it was happening, i couldn't help but think that maybe i was in the middle of an earthquake.

it wasn't really that scary, probably because i didn't know what it at the time, but later when i found out it was only a 5.5 on scale (which i think is considered to be quite minute?), subhanallah, it was none-the-less pretty intense for a considered to be small earthquake.

ardianto
12-13-2009, 09:32 AM
I cannot remember how many times I experienced quake.
Alhamdulillah, always 'light' quakes.

Raaina
12-13-2009, 09:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
They do happen, although it is very rare. The UK is no where near any tectonic plate boundaries, thankfully. And when we do get them, they're a joke.
Don't you remember that one the UK had in Dudley? or somewhere near that area?

But yeah in general, we don't get them alot. Well we probably do but they are either under the sea or they are so small they cannot be felt.

JoshuaD
12-13-2009, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
There are a number of fault lines running through the UK, so we could still experience earthquakes measuring up to about 6.5 on the Richter scale, which would be reasonably destructive.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008...uraldisasters2

http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/ear...let_eqs_uk.htm

Humbler_359
12-13-2009, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
wa3lykoum aslaam
Done!

I am sorry I didn't know it upset you.. as sick as that movie was, it wasn't the scariest I have seen (I suppose I find psychological thrillers more horrifying) but I think different people find different things horrifying..

waslaam 3lykoum wr wb

Jazakallah Khair, very grateful to you. Yes, not only this horror movie, it is true story applied to some people's weakness and invading souls. It happened.

:hmm:

Btw, my rep point is running out of services and empty. Ooch!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.