/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When You Thought I Wasn’t Looking

imam bukhari
12-11-2009, 07:08 PM
When You Thought I Wasn’t Looking

By a Child

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN’T LOOKING, I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately wanted to paint another one.

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN’T LOOKING I saw you feed a stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind to animals.

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN’T LOOKING, I saw you make my favorite cake for me, and I leaarned that little things can be the special things in life.

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN’T LOOKING, I heard you say a prayer, and I knew there is a God I could always talk to and I learned to trust in God.

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN’T LOOKING, I saw you make a meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I learned that we all have to help take care of each other.

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN’T LOOKING, I saw you give of your time and money to help people who had nothing, and I learned that those who have something should give to those who don’t.

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN’T LOOKING, I felt you kiss me good night, and I felt loved and safe.

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN’T LOOKING, I saw you take care of our house and everyone in it, and I learned we have to take care of what we are given.

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN’T LOOKING, I saw how you handled your responsibilities even when you didn’t feel good, and I learned that I would have to be resopnsible when I grow up.

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN’T LOOKING, I saw tears come from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but it’s all right to cry.

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN’T LOOKING, I saw that you cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN’T LOOKING, I learned most of life’s lessons that I need to know to be a good and productive person when I grow up.

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN’T LOOKING, I looked at you and wanted to say, ‘Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn’t looking.”

Each of us, parent, grandparent, uncle, aunt or friend, influence the life of a child.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
12-13-2009, 05:20 PM
:sl:

It's true, children do pick up on little things that we might not even give a second thought to.

Jazaakallah for sharing.

:sl:

Misz_Muslimah
12-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Asalamalaikum,
Jazaakalahu khayran for sharing :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.