/* */

PDA

View Full Version : they still people isnt it

dovelove
12-13-2009, 01:02 AM
:sl:

if someone was in prison and they made crime that put them there shud we still make effort to visit them?

and if we visit someone in prison wat is a gift we can take to them if they already had some Holy books? wat would you say was allowed for them to receive?

is it ok for a muslimah to go to a prison to visit a muslim in prison if they was a reformed person, or to speak with them on the phone if they was lonely and sad?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
12-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Not every person who was in prison will back to their crime world. I know (in personally) some people who became good person after they were jailed in prison. Even in my country there is a former criminal who converted in Islam and became famous da'i (Muslim who give da'wah) after he was jailed.

And not every prisoner is criminal. I have two friends who jailed not by crime case. One was jailed by traffic accident, another by political case during Soeharto regime period.

By the way, what do you mean with 'speak with them on the phone' ?. Cellphone ?. In my country cellphone in prison is forbidden.

dovelove
12-14-2009, 11:22 PM
by on the phone, i mean when people get to call outside the prison, not cell fone cos i dont think prisons allow mobiles to be used in my country also.

ardianto
12-15-2009, 05:04 AM
By on the phone like in U.S ?. (I know it from movies).

That is not different than direct speaking. Except prisoner in certain cases, prisoners have a right to meet their families or lawyers.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
12-15-2009, 06:02 AM
Assalamu alaykum,

InshaAllah there's nothing wrong with speaking with a person who has done wrong and then repented/regretted their action. It's good as muslims to support each other in doing good. However if the man is not a mahram, then it is not allowed for you to speak to him in private fone conversations - no matter how good your intention is. However do pray to Allah to grant him the helps he needs.

Muslim Woman
12-15-2009, 06:02 AM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by dovelove

...is it ok for a muslimah to go to a prison to visit a muslim in prison if they was a reformed person, or to speak with them on the phone if they was lonely and sad?
Are they Muharim ? If not , then she must not visit or talk to them alone just to comfort them . May be make a visit with other family members / groups. Better is she can encourage other brothers to visit or talk to them .

Sending them holy books is a good idea , I believe.

And Allah Knows Best.

Ramadhan
12-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Giving them Islamic books is a very good idea. They have all time in the world to read those books, such stories of prophets (who were faced by trials and tribulations), stories of the shahabah who reformed from thei rold bad ways, books on aqeedah, al qur'an etc.

Muezzin
12-15-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm assuming you personally know the prisoner(s) in question.

I personally would not visit a prisoner who is also a complete and utter stranger. Obviously, this doesn't count lawyers visiting imprisoned clients as part of their job etc.

dovelove
12-22-2009, 04:07 PM
salam alakom

ok fyn, hyperthetical question, if thats ok with u guys. so is a visit ok seen as there will be others there and its not in a private area?

wat gift do u think prisoners and old ppl would like? not including Islamic books.

:?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.