/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New convert to Islam

Raaina
12-13-2009, 05:54 AM
asalaam alaikum dear brother's and sister's.

I've recently converted to Islam, I was wondering if there was anyone locally to me, i've tried to find information about local muslim groups or events and couldn't find anything :(

it would be great to meet some other sister's locally to. :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rafeeq
12-13-2009, 06:00 AM
Elikum Salam

We all say you a warm welcome to Islam. I wish you will find many good brothers and sisters here on this forum near you.

Humbler_359
12-13-2009, 06:09 AM
:sl: Sister,

CONGRATULATION, Insha'Allah!! Welcome to Islam. It is great step to start, your sins are forgiven. :statisfie

we are here to support you or anything. Hopefully our sister will be here soon to reply your question.

Btw, I am not in UK... *sob*

amirebi
12-13-2009, 06:12 AM
سلام
Welcome to Islam, I wish you find some local muslims, but i'm happy to have a new muslim friend. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Raaina
12-13-2009, 06:25 AM
Many thanks for all your messages :)

Esther462
12-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Welcome to Islam sister. You'll find some muslims soon ish'allah.

mariasohail1
12-13-2009, 10:34 PM
walaikum asalam...
congratulationssss...n welcome to the true religion of islam....:)
i also live in UK...in waless....
if u want u can contact me sis....
tc
ALLAH HAFIZ
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
asalaam alaikum dear brother's and sister's.

I've recently converted to Islam, I was wondering if there was anyone locally to me, i've tried to find information about local muslim groups or events and couldn't find anything :(

it would be great to meet some other sister's locally to. :statisfie

Rabi'ya
12-13-2009, 10:39 PM
:sl: mystical moon.

I too am from Wales, not too far but I'm gueessing you want some people a bit more close to you. inshallah try looking in the local masjid for any classes they may run. that way ull be sure to meet some good friends inshAllah.
sis Mariasohail...I'm in wales too, which part are you from? I'm in Cardiff but Im originally from west wales. i visit there a lot too :)

Actually, now i remember THIS. it might help

mariasohail1
12-13-2009, 10:44 PM
i live in cardiff too...:)...gr8 to meett u...r u my muslim brother or sis...?
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
:sl: mystical moon.

I too am from Wales, not too far but I'm gueessing you want some people a bit more close to you. inshallah try looking in the local masjid for any classes they may run. that way ull be sure to meet some good friends inshAllah.
sis Mariasohail...I'm in wales too, which part are you from? I'm in Cardiff but Im originally from west wales. i visit there a lot too :)

Actually, now i remember THIS. it might help

Rabi'ya
12-13-2009, 10:47 PM
:sl: sis

I've Pmd you so as not to hijack the thread. inshAllah catch up there :)

Nur-ud-Dean
12-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Wa alaikum asalaam.

Welcome to Islam! There are lots of local groups, although sadly not many of them have a good web presence. There is a list of some groups on my website.

Please ask if you need any specific help - there's a very supportive online community if you know where to look!

Nur-ud-Dean

www.NewMuslimDhikr.co.uk - the website for new Muslims and those interested in Islam

beutifulskies
12-20-2009, 02:45 PM
as salaamu alaikum. please visit www.leicesternewmuslim.wordpress.com

or you can pm me. i am from leicester and we have many get toegthers for sisters

zakirs
12-21-2009, 03:52 PM
assalamualaikum sis ,

congrats on ur conversion.. Hope Allah helps you in your difficulties :)

Asiyah3
12-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Wa aleykum as-salaam Wr Wb

Praise be to Lord of the Worlds who guided you to the Truth

May Allah keep you on the staight path

EDIT: Could you tell us your reversionstory, please (if it'll get you tired, then you could tell shortly =) )

layla1208
07-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Bismillahir Rahmanhir Raheem.
As Salamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuh.
Dear Sister, I have recently moved back to the UK after living/working abroad for the last 10 years and like you, am also searching for Sisters in the West Midlands area! My search led me to an old thread that you had posted on here last year and that prompted me to register so that I could contact you.
My name is Layla-previously known, and still known by many as Natalie- and I embraced Islam nearly 4 years ago Alhamdulillah. It never ceases to bring a smile to my lips and joy to my heart when I hear of new converts/reverts to Islam Mash'ALLAH. I hope that you're happy with your new faith/way of life and that this path is bringing you many moments of amazing enlightenment Insha'ALLAH.
So did you manage to find any other Sisters in the area? Where abouts exactly are you? Are you going to any particular mosque? Sorry! Too many questions I know.
I would love to hear from you and perhaps we can arrange to meet up?
Until then...
As Salamu Alaykum.
Your Sis,
Layla.

Raaina
07-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Sister Layla,

I see from your profile you are in Bridgenorth, that is not very far from me. I'm not sure if you can pm until you reach a certain number of posts.
Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum :)

I've still not found any sisters in my area, I actually have seen some during work, but never get chance to talk or say hi :(
So where have you been living for the last 10 years and what made you come back to the UK?

layla1208
07-16-2010, 03:51 PM
Salam Sis! I'm so happy you replied. I'm new to all this forum stuff and have no idea how it all works; I tried to send you a private msg a couple of times, before discovering that in-fact I'm not allowed to do so until I've posted 50 msgs or something like that!?!?! I wasn't sure if you would even know that I had replied to your old thread (does the site alert you to this via a msg or something?), and for that reason was also unsure as to whether or not you would reply, but Alhamdulillah you did, and very quickly Mahsa'ALLAH!

I moved back to the UK a month or so ago; prior to that I was living in Italy for the last three years; prior to that I spent 3 years in Saudi Arabia and before that, I was based in Bahrain for 4 years.

I came back to the UK from Italy, mainly becuase this is where my family is; a few other factors influenced our decison to move here aswell, i.e. more Muslims, more tolerance of other faiths (Insha'ALLAH), but unfortunately, like you, I don't get to interact at all with other Sisters. It would be great to be able to meet up with you and other Sitsers Insha'ALLAH on a regular basis; it's something I think is essential to keep your Iman strong and healthy; we need to have contact with, and speak to those that believe what we do; people who will enocurage us to live a good Islamic life Insha'ALLAH.

I would give you my e-mail address or something so we can have more contact but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to post it on here?? Any suggestions?

Hope to learn some more about you and your journey to Islam soon Insha'ALLAH.

Ciao for now.

As Salamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuh.:statisfie

Your Sister,

Layla.

layla1208
07-16-2010, 04:07 PM
As Salamu Alaykum Sister Aisha. I just received ur PM and of course I don't mind. Unfortunately however, I can't PM you back just yet Sorry! In answer to your question, yes I am near to B'ham; not really near, but not too far either; I'm in a place called Bridgnorth, do you know it? It's close to Telford, Stourbridge, Wolverhampton.

If there are any other Sisters out there who are close by, please get in touch. It would be wonderful to hear from you all... I know you're out there somewhere....Insha'ALLAH.

Anhaar
01-22-2011, 11:09 AM
السلام عليكم
sister in islam
congratulations

Iam musim born who live in Cardiff Wales, anyone who lives in cardiff and wnat to know about islam i can help in sha ALLAH

Nizam1
01-23-2011, 12:09 AM
Congratulations.

My wife and I (and our four boys) are also new reverts to Islam.

I hope everything continues to go well for you.

ahmet ertem
02-19-2011, 11:14 AM
congratulations:) may allah be with you everytime:)

ahmet ertem
02-19-2011, 11:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmet ertem
congratulations:) may allah be with you everytime:)
i m from turkey from istanbul, anybody needs something that i can do(insallah:)) contact me...:)) congratualitions again:) you have done the your best shoot:))

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.