/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Unashamed Blair confirms his critics' claims on Iraq

Uthman
12-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Tony Blair has dropped something of a bombshell by admitting that he would have favoured removing Saddam Hussein regardless of any arguments about whether Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.
Read more here

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.B
12-13-2009, 12:56 PM
:sl:

Just shows he odes not really care about the innocent lives being killed subhnAllah.

:w:

Ar-RaYYan
12-13-2009, 01:07 PM
How unsurprisingly!

Raaina
12-13-2009, 01:33 PM
I saw that in the paper.
Just confirms what we all suspected really.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
JoshuaD
12-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Ex-DPP: Tony Blair's attitude to Iraq war 'a disgrace'

Mr Blair said the Iraq invasion would have been justified even without WMDs

The ex-director of public prosecutions has accused Tony Blair of "sycophancy" towards President Bush.

Sir Ken MacDonald called the 2003 Iraq war a "foreign policy disgrace of epic proportions".

He said the former prime minister had used "alarming subterfuge" to mislead the British people into the conflict.

Mr Blair told the BBC at the weekend that it would have been right to invade even if it had not been thought Saddam had weapons of mass destruction.

Referring to Mr Blair's interview with Fern Britton, Sir Ken wrote in The Times: "This was a foreign policy disgrace of epic proportions and playing footsie on Sunday morning television does nothing to repair the damage."

He said Washington had "turned his head and he couldn't resist the stage or the glamour that it gave him".

Sir Ken added: "It is now very difficult to avoid the conclusion that Tony Blair engaged in an alarming subterfuge with his partner George Bush and went on to mislead and cajole the British people into a deadly war they had made perfectly clear they didn't want, and on a basis that it's increasingly hard to believe even he found truly credible."

Sir Ken, who works at the same barristers' chambers as Mr Blair's wife Cherie, said: "Since those sorry days we have frequently heard him repeating the self-regarding mantra that 'hand on heart, I only did what I thought was right'.

"But this is a narcissist's defence and self-belief is no answer to misjudgement: it is certainly no answer to death."

The belief that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction was the key justification for the UK joining the US-led invasion of Iraq in March 2003.

No such weapons were found after the invasion and key bits of intelligence put forward by then Joint Intelligence Committee head Sir John Scarlett in the infamous 2002 weapons dossier later discredited.

'Different arguments'

Speaking on Fern Meets... on BBC One on Sunday, Mr Blair was asked whether the idea of Saddam having WMDs had "tilted" him in favour of war.

He replied that it was "the notion of him as a threat to the region of which the development of WMDs was obviously one" aspect.

Asked whether he would have invaded Iraq without the WMDs dossier, he said: "I would still have thought it right to remove him.

"I mean obviously you would have had to use and deploy different arguments, about the nature of the threat."

Mr Blair is due to give evidence in the New Year to the Chilcot inquiry into the war.

Sir Ken said the questioning so far by the panel had been "unchallenging", adding: "If Chilcot fails to reveal the truth without fear in this Middle Eastern story of violence and destruction, the inquiry will be held in deserved and withering contempt."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8411326.stm

abu salaahudeen
12-14-2009, 07:34 PM
scumbag

A bloody war criminal

every action has a reaction

AlHoda
12-14-2009, 07:41 PM
I hate that guy and Bush :raging:

abu salaahudeen
12-14-2009, 07:43 PM
It is from our Aqeedah to hate those who do not believe in Allah and his Messenger

in general we hate them but we do not do injustice against them

nocturnal
12-15-2009, 03:13 AM
The sad part about it is that he got away with it all. A man who on any account ought to have been prosecuted for war crimes and aggression against a sovereign nation, somehow ended up becoming the Quartet's representative to the Middle East.

Ramadhan
12-15-2009, 04:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturnal
The sad part about it is that he got away with it all. A man who on any account ought to have been prosecuted for war crimes and aggression against a sovereign nation, somehow ended up becoming the Quartet's representative to the Middle East.
The good thing for muslims is:
Blair doesn't get away with it, and never will.
If he doesn't repent or pay in this world, he will most certainly be forced to settle all his debts in the after life.

nocturnal
12-15-2009, 04:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
The good thing for muslims is:
Blair doesn't get away with it, and never will.
If he doesn't repent or pay in this world, he will most certainly be forced to settle all his debts in the after life.
Thats not a sufficiently convincing quid pro quo for me. If there is to be justice, peace and a truly moral international system based on the core tenets of international law and human rights, then this man, (Blair) together with George Bush will be hauled into the very same docket that Milosevic was indicted in, and that Radovan Karadzic stands in today. Even Charles Taylor of Liberia is on trial for truly horrific acts of barbarism, as are the main protagonists who were in charge during the reign of the notorious Khmer Rouge regime in Cambodia.

Bush and Blair, are possibly the most deceptive, odious and malevolent political duo of our times and for the manner in which they deceived the entire world, invoked deliberately flawed intelligence reports to justify their crusades and their unabashed and unapologetic stance now in retrospect of the war, they deserve nothing more than the full force of international law to be brought to bear on them.

abu salaahudeen
12-15-2009, 10:42 AM
they will never escape the punishment of allah

Eye-OfThe-Storm
12-16-2009, 12:59 AM
"And he that will be given his Record in his left hand, will say: "Oh! Would that my Record had never been given to me!"

"And that I had never known how my record (stood)!"

"Oh! Would that (Death) had been the end of me!

"My wealth hath not availed me, "

"My power hath perished from me!"...

(The stern command will say to the Angels): "Seize ye him, and bind ye him,

"And cast ye him into the Blazing Fire"

Surah Al Haaqa - Verses 25-31

Predator
12-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Blair supported George bush blindy

AlHoda
12-16-2009, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturnal
Thats not a sufficiently convincing quid pro quo for me. If there is to be justice, peace and a truly moral international system based on the core tenets of international law and human rights, then this man, (Blair) together with George Bush will be hauled into the very same docket that Milosevic was indicted in, and that Radovan Karadzic stands in today. Even Charles Taylor of Liberia is on trial for truly horrific acts of barbarism, as are the main protagonists who were in charge during the reign of the notorious Khmer Rouge regime in Cambodia.

Bush and Blair, are possibly the most deceptive, odious and malevolent political duo of our times and for the manner in which they deceived the entire world, invoked deliberately flawed intelligence reports to justify their crusades and their unabashed and unapologetic stance now in retrospect of the war, they deserve nothing more than the full force of international law to be brought to bear on them.

No doubt they deceived this entire world, why they still are alive is beyond me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.