/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sins!!!

imam bukhari
12-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Sins

Not Taking Sins Lightly
Sahl ibn Sa’d (radhi-yallaahu ‘anhu) narrated that Allaah’s Messenger (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) said:

“Beware of sins which are treated as being minor, just like a people who encamp in the centre of a valley, so someone brings a stick of firewood and someone else brings a stick until they are therefore able to bake their bread. Likewise sins which are treated as being minor and for which the person is taken to account will destroy him.” [Musnad al-Imaam Ahmad - Volume 5, Page 331 and others]

If sins had an odour…
Muhammad ibn Waasi’ (rahima-hullaah) used to say:

“If sins had an odour then nobody would be able to sit with me”. [The Evil of Craving for Wealth and Status - Imaam ibn Rajab al-Hanbalee]

I am amazed at the people who…
Ibn Shubrumah mentions:

“I am amazed at the people who take care of themselves by eating food out of fear of dying, yet do not protect themselves from sins out of fear of the Fire”. [Siyar A'laam an-Nubalaa. - Volume 6, Page 348]

The sign of repentance is…
Shaqeeq al-Balkhee said:

“The sign of repentance (is): weeping at what has preceded, fear of falling into sin, leaving evil company and maintaining the company of the good”. [Siyar A'laam an-Nubalaa. - Volume 9, Page 315]

He is a liar
Al-Muhaajir ibn Habeeb said:

” ‘Eesaa ibn Maryam used to say: “Indeed whoever prays and fasts, but does not leave off sinning, then it is written that he is a liar” “. [Siyar A'laam an-Nubalaa. - Volume 13, Page 196]

I have never lied except on one occasion
‘Abdullaah ibn Daawood said:

“I have never lied except on one occasion. My father said to me: “Have you read to the teacher?” And I said: “Yes”…whereas I had not read to him”. [Siyar A'laam an-Nubalaa. - Volume 9, Page 349]

“Be repentful in the morning and evening”
Talq ibn Habeeb said:

“Indeed the rights of Allaah are far greater than the servant can fulfill, and indeed the blessings of Allaah are far more than can be counted, however, be repentful in the morning and evening (i.e. throughout the day)”. [Siyar A'laam an-Nubalaa. - Volume 4, Page 622]

“Lying adversely affects the liar”
‘Umar ibn ‘Abdul-’Azeez said:

“I have never lied since learning that lying adversely affects the liar”. [Siyar A'laam an-Nubalaa. - Volume 5, Page 121]

source:http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.com/2009/11/13/sins/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.