/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nowadays Educational Systems

Mr.President
12-16-2009, 08:39 AM
I studied Bussiness management(BM) and found out many theories that its little bit collides with islam I mean in one lecturer the lecturer told us business is all about surviving and beating the competitor ?

what u all feel about the syllabus or educational system regarding BM ? does materialistic BM helps islam or does it opposes islam ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tango92
12-16-2009, 09:47 AM
^^ well it is, if you think you dont need money, look at the world around you. the non muslims have something we dont - education, it is extremely ignorant and arrogant for us to critisise them until we have a better solution for ourselves.

what is the ummah coming to, nobody will eat pork, its haram right? but you know what, education, the first thing in the quran meh its not as important.

i say, earn as much wealth you can, give sadaqah as much as you can.

ardianto
12-16-2009, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
I studied Bussiness management(BM) and found out many theories that its little bit collides with islam I mean in one lecturer the lecturer told us business is all about surviving and beating the competitor ?

what u all feel about the syllabus or educational system regarding BM ? does materialistic BM helps islam or does it opposes islam ?
Nothing wrong with learn 'how to kill your competitor in business'. That's just a theory. But in application, it's better if you modify this theory into 'Islamic way to win the competition'.

Business management is different than mathematics. In mathematics 3 oranges + 4 oranges = 3 candies + 4 candies (the sum are 7). But in business, selling oranges is different than selling candies, selling candies is different than selling books. Even selling a product to youth is different than selling the same product but to adult.

There is no any business theory that applicable in all situation and condition. Every business theory need improvisation or modification in application.

My advice if you want to get success in business, you must train your creativity. Remember, business is started and managed with creativity.

GuestFellow
12-16-2009, 07:25 PM
First I would like to finishing adding:

Nowadays Educational Systems is utterly useless!!!

format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President

Yes businesses aim to make a profit want to continue surviving and beating competitors or worse put them out of business.

It is good to explore different theories since they hold an element of truth in reality.

As long as the business has some form of ethics surrounding its daily conduct, I have no problem.

I'm not sure what Islam stance it on economics and ethical business management.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mr.President
12-25-2009, 06:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
^^ well it is, if you think you dont need money, look at the world around you. the non muslims have something we dont - education, it is extremely ignorant and arrogant for us to critisise them until we have a better solution for ourselves.

what is the ummah coming to, nobody will eat pork, its haram right? but you know what, education, the first thing in the quran meh its not as important.

i say, earn as much wealth you can, give sadaqah as much as you can.
:heated:
I don't hate education broo ... u got it completely wrong
the method of education should be changed its ok since we are forced to study materialistic business management
we study
but we also should think or learn about islamic way of doing businesses ryt ?

Innocent Soul
12-25-2009, 06:49 AM
Assalamualaikum
I don't think there is something wrong in bussiness unless it is legal.

Raaina
12-25-2009, 07:19 AM
I didn't even know there was a Islamic way to do business:hmm:
Surely the aim of business to gain an income larger then your outgoings and as long as you don't gain interest on that, that's not haraam.

I'll see what other people come up with :p

Mr.President
12-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Trade and commerce have always been a part of Islam. From pre-Islamic days, the Holy City of Mecca has been the center of commercial activities. It was indeed the annual trading center of Mecca that provided Prophet Mohammad the forum for preaching Islam.

The early Muslims were not only engaged in trade but they went to distant lands in connection with business. Islam in fact reached East and West Africa, East Asia through the business people.

Islam encourages work in general, and trade and commerce in particular, Prophet Mohammad was himself engaged in this profession before he became a prophet. He was a successful businessman. Known for integrity, he bore the honorific title, the Trustworthy, The Quran states:

"God has made business lawful for you"

In addition, the Qur'an includes rules not only for manners and hygiene, marriage and divorce, but it also lays down detailed rules for commerce and politics, interest and debts, contracts and wills, and industry and finance. Islam has permitted and in fact encouraged business. Islam lays out the basic principles of our economic behavior as consumers, producers and owners of wealth.

The Islamic principle in business is based on individual enterprise and correspondingly individuals reward. It is basically based on benefiting the humanity while maintaining God's orders.

In business relationships Islam strictly forbids any discrimination between people based on their religion, sex, or gender.

There is no basic conflict between good business practice and profit making in Islam. Islam looks at profit as secondary way to measure efficiency.

Business Ethics in Islam..........
http://www.2discoverislam.com/projec...ess_ethics.htm

PS: this was an article which I read in da internet but sometimes some user opinions may vary and I don't claim that this is the 100% correct islamic way but I found this article useful thats why I shared it with u guys

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.