/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Debate: Can We Live Better Lives Without Religion?

Uthman
12-16-2009, 10:09 AM
:salamext:

The following is a debate that took place between brother Hamza Andreas Tzortzis and the secular humanist Peter Cave on the topic of whether we can live better lives without religion.

I've heard Brother Hamza speak before and Mashaa'Allah he is very educated and intelligent and he is doing a lot of good work to engage Non-Muslims in rational and respectful discourse about religion. We need more Muslims like him. May Allah reward him in abundance.

This thread is primarily for discussion about the content of the video and not for our own arguments about the topic.

Media Tags are no longer supported

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
12-16-2009, 05:30 PM
hes such a good speaker mashaAllah id love to be able to speak to a group of people like that :p if i was not so darn shy

GuestFellow
12-16-2009, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
hes such a good speaker mashaAllah id love to be able to speak to a group of people like that :p if i was not so darn shy
Yeah I panic when I have to speak to a lot of people.

Salahudeen
12-16-2009, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
becomes easier with pratice trust me, I was nervous for a presentation I had to do but having done it I feel much more confident now and wanna do it again.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
12-16-2009, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
becomes easier with pratice trust me, I was nervous for a presentation I had to do but having done it I feel much more confident now and wanna do it again.
mashaAllah my brother :)

Uthman
12-17-2009, 09:44 PM
:bump: :bump:

Argamemnon
12-18-2009, 01:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Yeah I panic when I have to speak to a lot of people.
The total chaos and anxiety in my mind becomes unbearable in such a situation. I was actually studying to become a teacher in 2005. Was not such a good idea. Hahaha! :D Nice video btw, I must watch this..
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
It never becomes easier for me, NEVER !!!!

Even if I lived another ten million years with this same brain I have, nothing would change, I'm positive.

GuestFellow
12-18-2009, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
The total chaos and anxiety in my mind becomes unbearable in such a situation. I was actually studying to become a teacher in 2005. Was not such a good idea. Hahaha! :D Nice video btw, I must watch this..
Ah teaching is a tough career, the kids are annoying. I would probably be sacked for attempted murder..

I watched the debate, the brother raised excellent points. The other guy was not addressing his points.

syilla
12-22-2009, 02:05 AM
They are such intellectual... i'm feeling envy here huhu

Beardo
12-22-2009, 02:07 AM
This isn't even debatable. Life without religion is aimless. Religion is what created modern civilization. Religion is what sculptured art, culture, diversity, science, and math. Religion is the bonding of Mankind, the truth and the known fact that there is a Supreme Being, Allah Ta'ala the Alone, the Almighty.

Who can debate this?

syilla
12-22-2009, 02:17 AM
^^^ the thing is they believe they can huhu

Italianguy
12-22-2009, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
:salamext:

The following is a debate that took place between brother Hamza Andreas Tzortzis and the secular humanist Peter Cave on the topic of whether we can live better lives without religion.

I've heard Brother Hamza speak before and Mashaa'Allah he is very educated and intelligent and he is doing a lot of good work to engage Non-Muslims in rational and respectful discourse about religion. We need more Muslims like him. May Allah reward him in abundance.

This thread is primarily for discussion about the content of the video and not for our own arguments about the topic.

Sure you can! You will probably have a great empty, lonely, Godless, materialistic life.......but wait there's more........Then you get to spend an eternaty in the lake of fire for denial of your creator:raging:..........But hey! you don't have to worry about shoveling snow of the driveway anymore.;D

Bring your sunscrean spf 9000 it's hot down there!!

Italianguy
12-22-2009, 03:45 AM
Sure you can! You will probably have a great empty, lonely, Godless, materialistic life.......but wait there's more........Then you get to spend an eternaty in the lake of fire for denial of your creator:raging:..........But hey! you don't have to worry about shoveling snow of the driveway anymore.;D

Bring your sunscrean spf 9000 it's hot down there!!

YoungMystic
12-22-2009, 11:56 AM
MashAllah Brother Hamza is gifted. The fact is, The intellectuals in Islam have been hiding for too long. I know many Muslims, brother and sisters when you ask them what proof do you have that God exists? Why do you believe? What is your purpose? Majority do not really know the answer to these questions. Many give emotional responses. But the fact is, Islam is a religion which provokes you to reflect, to think, to ponder and to logically come to a conclusion. One thing missing in the world is people using their rational and logic.

I believe that Hamza is at the forefront of the revival in the field of Islamica Philosophia.
But the revival of Islam will need a holistic approach. Each expert in their own field reviving it to the standards of the golden Islamic era.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.