/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Strange thread about cheese

جوري
12-16-2009, 07:23 PM
:sl:

can you tell me what in your opinion is the best kind of cheese and why...

I have a few favs, probably one of my favorite is

and

and this semi hard with ground peppers

SF13 7437?sizel -

I like them with putted black olives, or the large green ones that are tangy..

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
12-16-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't really like cheese that much...it looks like fungus O_O

جوري
12-16-2009, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
:offended::eek: what do you spread on your crackers and put in your sandwiches?

and the Roquefort is rotten but undeniably delicious (IMHO)

*charisma*
12-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I like any cheese as long as its white cheese...it has to be all white. I don't like the fungusy-lookin ones like you got up there :ooh: they scare me.

fi aman allah
wsalaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
12-16-2009, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
:offended::eek: what do you spread on your crackers and put in your sandwiches?

and the Roquefort is rotten but undeniably delicious (IMHO)
Oh well I meant eating cheese on its own...I saw an advert where people were eating this circular cheese covered in red wrapping... :skeleton:

Cheese on pizza = nice.

جوري
12-16-2009, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

I like any cheese as long as its white cheese...it has to be all white. I don't like the fungusy-lookin ones like you got up there :ooh: they scare me.

fi aman allah
wsalaam
ROFL your post made me laugh.. well did you ever try it?

Oh well I meant eating cheese on its own...I saw an advert where people were eating this circular cheese covered in red wrapping... :skeleton:
well cheese on its own is kind of like a meal without some sort of spices..

I used to like this brand from Denmark and since we are boycotting them we don't get any of their positively delicious cheeses and creams any more.. that is why I am asking so I can sample anew..
Wisconsin is famous for its cheeses but they haven't really grown on me, they remind me of swiss cheese.. there is just something missing and there is no filling it even if the holes weren't there...:hmm:

GuestFellow
12-16-2009, 07:42 PM

well cheese on its own is kind of like a meal without some sort of spices..

I used to like this brand from Denmark and since we are boycotting them we don't get any of their positively delicious cheeses and creams any more.. that is why I am asking so I can sample anew..
Wisconsin is famous for its cheeses but they haven't really grown on me, they remind me of swiss cheese.. there is just something missing and there is no filling it even if the holes weren't there...:hmm:
Wisconsin cheese looks like a bar of soap...

I like feta cheese...but not on its own.

*charisma*
12-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Assalamu alaaikum

ROFL your post made me laugh.. well did you ever try it?
No, it looks ugly :( Plus I've seen moldy cheese before and I accidentally ate it and it tasted and smelled horrible, so I always assume that's what store-bought moldy cheese is gonna taste like too. Oh and why would you buy store-bought moldy cheese when you can let that fungus manifest all on its own on yummy cheese?? :ooh:

fi aman allah
w'salaam

Danah
12-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Exactly!!
this is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the first pic

I like plain ones like this from Kraft:

and this one

GuestFellow
12-16-2009, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
Exactly!!
this is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the first pic

I like plain ones like this:

I don't like the plain ones....the ones that come in slices in packets from the refrigerator and are meant to be put in sandwiches.

Taste like rubber...

جوري
12-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Assalamu alaaikum

No, it looks ugly :( Plus I've seen moldy cheese before and I accidentally ate it and it tasted and smelled horrible, so I always assume that's what store-bought moldy cheese is gonna taste like too. Oh and why would you buy store-bought moldy cheese when you can let that fungus manifest all on its own on yummy cheese?? :ooh:

fi aman allah
w'salaam

cheese stinks it is a little known fact-- processed cheese doesn't have odor but then who knows what you are eating?

you really out to give it a try, it is amazing.. or at least try blue cheese salad dressing on your salad just to test the waters before making a purchase, I really feel you are missing out.. but then, cheese is an acquired taste...

what about the rest of the folks here.. no comments on brie, or Havarti, Gouda, cheddar, boursin and the gang, with so many french/Italian/spanish/turks etc folks in here I thought I'd get a gourmet thread for the senses... :p

جوري
12-16-2009, 07:51 PM
the first white cheese I posted disappeared how bizarre ...

Danah
12-16-2009, 07:51 PM
I don't like the plain ones....the ones that come in slices in packets from the refrigerator and are meant to be put in sandwiches.

Taste like rubber...
Like rubber? :ooh: :hmm:

the one I always have is soft, maybe you have to change the cheese to some other cheese maker.

GuestFellow
12-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Really? O_o I don't remember seeing a white cheese, unless your talking about the fungus cheese (sorry dunno what it is called)

Boursin cheese loose like cake....reminds me of the time when I was eight and I happened to mistaken a wax cake for a real cake +o(

sister herb
12-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Hmmmm... what a delicious strange thread. What could to be better than

(Roquefort cheese)

on salt crackers, sandwiches or just alone.

:statisfie

You made me hungry.

:exhausted

GuestFellow
12-16-2009, 07:57 PM
^ I'm hungry too, I want pizza with cheese... :(

جوري
12-16-2009, 07:57 PM
I could live on breakfast food.. I shouldn't be ashamed to say that I also like goat cheese..

جوري
12-16-2009, 07:59 PM

GuestFellow
^ I can't tell the difference between feta cheese and goat cheese...they both look the same then again I never tried goat cheese.

*charisma*
cheese stinks it is a little known fact-- processed cheese doesn't have odor but then who knows what you are eating?

you really out to give it a try, it is amazing.. or at least try blue cheese salad dressing on your salad just to test the waters before making a purchase, I really feel you are missing out.. but then, cheese is an acquired taste...

what about the rest of the folks here.. no comments on brie, or Havarti, Gouda, cheddar, boursin and the gang, with so many french/Italian/spanish/turks etc folks in here I thought I'd get a gourmet thread for the senses... :p
I shall try it some day inshallah :D I love cheese in general, just some more than others..way more.

P.S. Wisconsin's cheese actually looks quite normal, just like you'd see every where else and it tastes pretty good too :D

fi aman allah
wsalaam

Danah
12-16-2009, 08:01 PM
I love cheese but not crazily like you guys! :X
If its too much then it can cause me feeling sick especially if it was the liquid cheese.

جوري
12-16-2009, 08:04 PM
I shall try it some day inshallah :D I love cheese in general, just some more than others..way more.

P.S. Wisconsin's cheese actually looks quite normal, just like you'd see every where else and it tastes pretty good too :D

fi aman allah
wsalaam
it is yeah, I guess I didn't care for Havarti much.. it started off well enough, but I didn't like the after taste buttery in an off putting way.. it is all about that marriage of flavors all through out..

I was in England once and they had this caravan of cheeses and olives, I tasted so many that day, some were positively amazing - in fact I don't recall one I didn't like, especially with those baguettes ... I didn't know the names of any of them, I suspect they were all made on farms and not company owned but who knows...

I think french cheeses are possibly the best, but then I haven't sampled that many from other places so I am not sure...

GuestFellow
12-16-2009, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
I love cheese but not crazily like you guys! :X
If its too much then it can cause me feeling sick especially if it was the liquid cheese.
Cheeses is a very interesting topic, it comes in variety and some smell more than others. :skeleton:

BTW what is the best cheese to have with a bread?

@ Gossamer skye

I'm not a fan of crackers, they make too much mess. :/

Insaanah
12-16-2009, 08:08 PM

Interesting thread...:p

Are all these cheeses halaal? Traditional cheeses used to be made using calf rennet. Here in the UK apart from popular cheeses such as cheddar etc, or cheeses sold in big supermarkets, the other cheeses tend to be made the traditional way, so you have to be very careful and only buy ones that have the "suitable for vegetarians" symbol.

By the way...nothing beats good old British cheddar in my opinion!

Argamemnon
12-16-2009, 08:11 PM
I like cheese although I don't eat it that much. There are hundreds of different kinds of cheeses. I would have to taste them to judge. I like Dutch "old cheese", Italian mascarpone (really delicious and creamy), Italian Pecorino (salty, hard) and French cream cheeses, such as Boursin (delicious!!)

Unfortunately, the kinds of cheeses I like are too expensive, I can't afford to eat them regularly :unhappy:

sister herb
12-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Did someone mention pizza?

:p

:hiding: Goodbye for my rest this evening. Have to run to kitchen...

Muezzin
12-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Should I call an exterminator?

جوري
12-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Cheeses is a very interesting topic, it comes in variety and some smell more than others. :skeleton:

BTW what is the best cheese to have with a bread?

@ Gossamer skye

I'm not a fan of crackers, they make too much mess. :/
I like

and

and

and

this afghan bread for dipping into yogurt mint sauce

but I also enjoy water crackers, plain and flavored:

جوري
12-16-2009, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan

Interesting thread...:p

Are all these cheeses halaal? Traditional cheeses used to be made using calf rennet. Here in the UK apart from popular cheeses such as cheddar etc, or cheeses sold in big supermarkets, the other cheeses tend to be made the traditional way, so you have to be very careful and only buy ones that have the "suitable for vegetarians" symbol.

By the way...nothing beats good old British cheddar in my opinion!

I usually call and ask the company in advance.. I was hoping this thread would help too.. british cheddar? You know I really do love those mcvities cookies.. not sure about their cheeses though..

format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
I like cheese although I don't eat it that much. There are hundreds of different kinds of cheeses. I would have to taste them to judge. I like Dutch "old cheese", Italian mascarpone (really delicious and creamy), Italian Pecorino (salty, hard) and French cream cheeses, such as Boursin (delicious!!)

Unfortunately, the kinds cheeses I like are too expensive, I can't afford to eat them regularly :unhappy:
hide them from your wife somewhere in a small cool box in the closet and quietly enjoy them in the middle of the night.. but no I know what you mean.. and it is terrible when that is all one lives on..
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Should I call an exterminator?

rats are civilized now...;D;D;D;D

Argamemnon
12-16-2009, 08:25 PM
hide them from your wife somewhere in a small cool box in the closet and quietly enjoy them in the middle of the night.. but no I know what you mean.. and it is terrible when that is all one lives on..
wife? what's that, a kind of cheese I don't know? lol...

i have a healthy diet, i regularly eat; dried figs, apricots, nuts, vegetables, fruit, brown rice (organic), lentils, whole wheat bread (organic) etc. but i also eat junkfood otherwise i become depressed... i mean i don't have a wife which is depressing enough, if i also had to abstain from delicious junkfood altogether, then i would probably die..

GuestFellow
12-16-2009, 08:35 PM
@ Gossamer Skye

Baguette sounds nice, I'll try cheese with that.

جوري
12-16-2009, 08:55 PM
wife? what's that, a kind of cheese I don't know? lol...
The most pungent type of cheese there is :D

i have a healthy diet, i regularly eat; dried figs, apricots, nuts, vegetables, fruit, brown rice (organic), lentils, whole wheat bread (organic) etc. but i also eat junkfood otherwise i become depressed... i mean i don't have a wife which is depressing enough, if i also had to abstain from delicious junkfood altogether, then i would probably die..

:wa:[
I love fruits and nuts too, just not Californians..

@ Gossamer Skye

Baguette sounds nice, I'll try cheese with that.
Thing about baguettes is that you either buy a small size or share with family, because they become hard as a rock the next day.. but then I suppose you can slice them, add a little garlic and butter and stick them in the oven to accompany your pasta..

my family aren't into carbs.. they prefer beans and peas to pastas and breads.. a shame I say :hmm:

aadil77
12-16-2009, 09:03 PM
I don't normally post on threads like these but I love this cheese too much, its the best spreadable cheese on earth and I think its arab, pretty sure I saw some factories of it in dubai

جوري
12-16-2009, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I don't normally post on threads like these but I love this cheese too much, its the best spreadable cheese on earth and I think its arab, pretty sure I saw some factories of it in dubai

I know, love it, it is the one I am boycotting .... it is danish!
imsad

جوري
12-16-2009, 09:05 PM

aadil77
12-16-2009, 09:05 PM
I was in England once and they had this caravan of cheeses and olives, I tasted so many that day, some were positively amazing - in fact I don't recall one I didn't like, especially with those baguettes ... I didn't know the names of any of them, I suspect they were all made on farms and not company owned but who knows...

I think french cheeses are possibly the best, but then I haven't sampled that many from other places so I am not sure...
you got to be careful some of them have alcohol in them I think

aadil77
12-16-2009, 09:10 PM
imsad
no its not.. it cant be :(

well the one i get comes from dubai, hopefully

جوري
12-16-2009, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
no its not.. it cant be :(

well the one i get comes from dubai, hopefully
Yeah it is the one I have been talking about all along.. sorry bro.. but I'll agree with you, their stuff is goooooood.. and arabs really do buy it so when boycotting them it did make a different.. islamophobes in the west wanted to help denmark out but they are not as familiar with their products as we are (especially in the U.S) so I hope with that they continue to suffer insha'Allah.. small price to pay in my opinion!

Maryan0
12-16-2009, 09:17 PM
I love cheese but just the well known market types like parmesan, mozza and chedder
since your a fan of such a variety of cheeses, have you tries casu murza

if the image does not work it basically cheese with maggots in them.+o(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ_-JzM-YQg
salam

جوري
12-16-2009, 09:20 PM
waaaaaaaaaa no no bad things about cheese in this thread.. just good things...

btw here is a list of vegetarian cheeses in the U.S

http://cheese.joyousliving.com/CheeseListBrand.aspx

we purchase cabot quite often as it is certified halal and kosher..

Italianguy
12-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Ummmm...Ummmmm Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssseeeeeeee!!!

I love Goat Cheese, Feta chesse, and especially Mozzarella Cheese (of course;D) the real stuff not that rip of stuff, Italians takeCheese (and rice) so seriously check this out.

http://www.thenibble.com/REVIEWS/mai...ano-cheese.asp

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!!!!!!!!:D

Italianguy
12-16-2009, 09:27 PM
I could live on breakfast food.. I shouldn't be ashamed to say that I also like goat cheese..
Goat Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssseeeee! It's the best you should try
"Chicken Byran"

OMG(osh)! I'm getting hungry.

I can post the recipe if you like?

Did i mention i can cook some awesome Italian and Indian food?

Samosaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!!! Hand made fresh of course.

جوري
12-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Parmesan is an excellent cheese but I wouldn't call it king of cheese.. I like cheese that is a bit nutty, hickory, smokey without a funny after taste.. I really dislike things with a funny after taste...:raging:

yes of course you can post recipes.. it is a cheese thread..just no maggots anyone......

Italianguy
12-16-2009, 09:31 PM

Thing about baguettes is that you either buy a small size or share with family, because they become hard as a rock the next day.. but then I suppose you can slice them, add a little garlic and butter and stick them in the oven to accompany your pasta..

my family aren't into carbs.. they prefer beans and peas to pastas and breads.. a shame I say :hmm:
Oh NO. No pasta? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.:cry:

I think if i where to be cut i would bleed, Marinara sauce and pasta!!lol;D

Italianguy
12-16-2009, 09:36 PM

Panera brad has an awesome baguette, but they are baked fresh without preservatives like packaged bread. My Nonna baked fresh bread usually a flat unleavened bread, sort of like Naan, evryday at 4:30 AM in the morning! .....................I miss my Nonnaimsad

Argamemnon
12-16-2009, 09:39 PM
no comment

i really have no idea what Californians are, but i hate Arnold Schwarzenegger (he is an enemy of Islam).[/QUOTE]

I forgot to share a recipe with you since you love cheese; pan fried white (or some other) cheese coated with flour. after coating with flour you can also coat in one egg before frying. delicious :)

this appetizer/meze is called 'saganaki' in greece.

جوري
12-16-2009, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Panera brad has an awesome baguette, but they are baked fresh without preservatives like packaged bread. My Nonna baked fresh bread usually a flat unleavened bread, sort of like Naan, evryday at 4:30 AM in the morning! .....................I miss my Nonnaimsad
I miss my ''nonna too''.. she too baked fresh bread daily... the middle eastern sort differs from the naan quite a bit.. but how basic is bread and how delicious when coupled with the right cheese..

we do have pastas occasionally, just no one in my family except me I think really likes pasta all that much..

sometimes they like this oven 'pasta' in bechamel (sp)? sauce and ground meat.. it isn't bad.. I just like penne than baked stuffed stuff...

peace

جوري
12-16-2009, 09:43 PM
no comment
That is very wise I genuinely applaud you.. you are a man who values life... ;D

i really have no idea what Californians are, but i hate Arnold Schwarzenegger (he is an enemy of Islam).
They sell orange flavored oxygen and live in a different planet than the rest of us...

I forgot to share a recipe with you since you love cheese; pan fried white (or some other) cheese coated with flour. after coating with flour you can also coat in one egg before frying. delicious :)

this appetizer/meze is called 'saganaki' in greece.

http://www.buffalogreekfestival.org/...a_saganaki.jpg
Jazaka Allah khyran.. though I hate to cook this will come in handy :statisfie

Argamemnon
12-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Jazaka Allah khyran.. though I hate to cook this will come in handy :statisfie

it takes a few minutes to cook, but you have to coat them with lots of flour and tap them with your hands (that's what i do). cook on high heat. i love cooking if i have time and there is nobody bothering me in the kitchen..

Italianguy
12-16-2009, 09:49 PM
I miss my ''nonna too''.. she too baked fresh bread daily... the middle eastern sort differs from the naan quite a bit.. but how basic is bread and how delicious when coupled with the right cheese..

we do have pastas occasionally, just no one in my family except me I think really likes pasta all that much..

sometimes they like this oven 'pasta' in bechamel (sp)? sauce and ground meat.. it isn't bad.. I just like penne than baked stuffed stuff...

peace
OMG! Are you Italian as well?? You have a Nonna as well? Or where you jsut saying nonna? If you are middle eastern, how do you say Nonna?

I have no Italians to talk to on this siteimsad

Se ci sono qualunque italiani qui per favore messaggio me, amerei parlare a altri italiani come bene.

Dio è con lei!

جوري
12-16-2009, 10:02 PM
it takes a few minutes to cook, but you have to coat them with lots of flour and tap them with your hands (that's what i do). i love cooking if i have time and there is nobody bothering me in the kitchen..

I have no artistic talent in that dept. and I detest the odor of food..
I'll give it a try though because I really love trying new things..
OMG! Are you Italian as well?? You have a Nonna as well? Or where you jsut saying nonna? If you are middle eastern, how do you say Nonna?

I have no Italians to talk to on this siteimsad

Se ci sono qualunque italiani qui per favore messaggio me, amerei parlare a altri italiani come bene.

Dio è con lei!
we call our nonna 'tita' or 'sitto'

we had Italian neighbors in the mother land..
They pick up Arabic quick, and the cooking is somewhat similar.. I mean we have lots of shish kebobs and salads, and fava beans are very popular obviously, that is breakfast plus falafel and stuffed intestine (haven't had that in ages) -- thank God, since I don't think I'd tolerate it.. people also like liver fried and smothered with onions and

also particularly popular is koshri

which is a medley of lentil, and rice, and elbow macaroni and two types of sauces, one which is hot with loads of fried onions on top

Italianguy
12-16-2009, 10:10 PM
I have no artistic talent in that dept. and I detest the odor of food..
I'll give it a try though because I really love trying new things..

we call our nonna 'tita' or 'sitto'

we had Italian neighbors in the mother land..
They pick up Arabic quick, and the cooking is somewhat similar.. I mean we have lots of shish kebobs and salads, and fava beans are very popular obviously, that is breakfast plus falafel and stuffed intestine (haven't had that in ages) -- thank God, since I don't think I'd tolerate it.. people also like liver fried and smothered with onions and

also particularly popular is koshri

which is a medley of lentil, and rice, and elbow macaroni and two types of sauces, one which is hot with loads of fried onions on top

Wow, that looks gooooooood

My wife calls her grandparents Aachi and Tha tha (South Indian)

One of my aunts speaks Farsi, another uncle speacks Pashtu and Dari.

Now i'm hungry:D

جوري
12-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Wow, that looks gooooooood

My wife calls her grandparents Aachi and Tha tha (South Indian)

One of my aunts speaks Farsi, another uncle speacks Pashtu and Dari.

Now i'm hungry:D
This thread has become so none cheese like..

anyhow we call male grandparents ''gido'' :D (both of mine passed on before I was born) imsad

this is a good time to eat..

enjoy..

peace

Italianguy
12-16-2009, 10:21 PM
This thread has become so none cheese like..

anyhow we call male grandparents ''gido'' :D (both of mine passed on before I was born) imsad

this is a good time to eat..

enjoy..

peace
Sorry about your grandparents passingimsad

Anyway back to cheese....Did I mention i love Mozzarella:D

جوري
12-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Sorry about your grandparents passingimsad
me too...

Anyway back to cheese....Did I mention i love Mozzarella:D
Mozzarella is good on salmon wellington ....

peace

sister herb
12-16-2009, 10:35 PM
As revence that you made me hungry (at the middle of night here) I try to make same to others (even those whose like cheese cakes):

White Chocolate Cheesecake

Bottom:
170 g unsalted butter
75 g pecans
170 g flour
1 tbsp powdered sugar

Melt the butter. Chop the nuts finely. Combine everything and spread into a buttered springform pan, lined with a round of parchment paper or cut out teflon sheet. (You can attempt to do this without lining, but I wouldn't dare.)

Bake at 175° for 22-25 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove and let cool completely in the pan.

Filling:
200 g cream cheese
300 g white chocolate
25 g sugar
500 ml (2 cups) heavy cream (35-40% fat)

Melt the chocolate. Mix sugar and cream cheese and add the chocolate to this. Beat the cream until it holds soft peaks - don't overbeat it. Fold in with the rest. Pour into the pan, and smooth the top. Refrigerate for at least three hours.

Topping:
500 g strawberries

Trim the strawberries to a fairly even size, and decorate the top of the cake.

جوري
12-16-2009, 10:37 PM
touché sis.. I can't oneup you..

Italianguy
12-16-2009, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
As revence that you made me hungry (at the middle of night here) I try to make same to others (even those whose like cheese cakes):

White Chocolate Cheesecake

Bottom:
170 g unsalted butter
75 g pecans
170 g flour
1 tbsp powdered sugar

Melt the butter. Chop the nuts finely. Combine everything and spread into a buttered springform pan, lined with a round of parchment paper or cut out teflon sheet. (You can attempt to do this without lining, but I wouldn't dare.)

Bake at 175° for 22-25 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove and let cool completely in the pan.

Filling:
200 g cream cheese
300 g white chocolate
25 g sugar
500 ml (2 cups) heavy cream (35-40% fat)

Melt the chocolate. Mix sugar and cream cheese and add the chocolate to this. Beat the cream until it holds soft peaks - don't overbeat it. Fold in with the rest. Pour into the pan, and smooth the top. Refrigerate for at least three hours.

Topping:
500 g strawberries

Trim the strawberries to a fairly even size, and decorate the top of the cake.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/233/5...dd4211a0c6.jpg

I just gained 2 pounds looking at it.;D

That looks sooooo good

Argamemnon
12-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Turkish white cheese ("beyaz peynir") can be very delicious. It may look like feta, but it is usually made from cow's milk. It tastes much better than feta IMHO.

Turkish white cheese is very varied in taste and texture, especially from region to region and depending on the brand and quality you buy. Sometimes it is very creamy and spreadable on bread and other times it is more dry and crumbly. It can be almost sweet tasting and other times very salty. Sadly I don't know which brands are good and which you should avoid. I like the salty types.

Khayal
12-16-2009, 10:49 PM
:sl: my dear Sis...

this one is my favorite cheese....love it very much..it has 2/3 flavors, the garlic one is the one I like most..

Argamemnon
12-16-2009, 10:56 PM
imsad
Just eat it and boycott American products instead. Denmark is such a small country, I'm sure there are a lot more U.S. products you could boycott. IMHO, we must focus on harming U.S. interests instead of some tiny and insignificant country like Denmark.

Insaanah
12-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Turkish white cheese ("beyaz peynir") can be very delicious. It may look like feta, but it is usually made from cow's milk. It tastes much better than feta IMHO.
The word is very similar to the Indian/Pakistani word for cheese which is paneer.

Here's the recipe for that (which is essentially home-made cheese):

Description
Paneer is home-made, unsalted, white cheese. It has a fresh quality and a dense, crumbly texture that goes beautifully with strong flavours.

Ingredients
2 litres/3½ pints whole milk
200-250ml/7-8¾fl oz fresh 'live' yoghurt, or 2 tbsp lemon juice

Method
1. Bring the milk to the boil in a heavy-based saucepan.

2. Once the milk starts to boil and rise up, stir in the yoghurt or lemon juice. Keeping the milk on the heat, stir gently to help the milk curdle; it should only take about a minute. If it does not separate, add the rest of the yoghurt and keep stirring. The curds will coagulate and separate from the watery whey.

P.S. At this stage...house will smell!

3. Remove from the heat.

4. Line a large sieve with muslin or cheesecloth and place over a large bowl or saucepan. Strain the cheese into the sieve and run some cold water through it. Discard the whey or use for another purpose.

5. Wrap the cheese in the cloth and hang from the kitchen tap over the sink to allow the excess water to drain for 20 minutes. Then, keeping it fairly tight, put the paneer onto a clean work surface. Place a heavy weight on top for 30-40 minutes, or until it is flattened into a firm block. (You can refill the same saucepan with water and place it on top as a weight). Then cut into cubes or crumble, depending on how you want to use it.

6. Store any unused pieces in the refrigerator in water and cover. You can also freeze the paneer in an airtight container. Defrost thoroughly before use. It is delicious when served with a sprinkling of sea salt, freshly ground pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.

From: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/da...er_86451.shtml

Italianguy
12-16-2009, 11:10 PM
Just eat it and boycott American products instead. Denmark is such a small country, I'm sure there are a lot more U.S. products you could boycott. IMHO, we must focus on harming U.S. interests instead of some tiny and insignificant country like Denmark.
Oweee! Whats with the Cheese hostility? There are many many Muslims here (USA). Would you choose to harm their intrests as well? I employ a muslim, you wan't to harm his intrests? imsad

I just paid for Mohammad to go on Hajj with those "U. S. inetrests" because he couldn't afford it.

God be with you!

Italianguy
12-16-2009, 11:14 PM
The word is very similar to the Indian/Pakistani word for cheese which is paneer.

Here's the recipe for that (which is essentially home-made cheese):

Description
Paneer is home-made, unsalted, white cheese. It has a fresh quality and a dense, crumbly texture that goes beautifully with strong flavours.

Ingredients
2 litres/3½ pints whole milk
200-250ml/7-8¾fl oz fresh 'live' yoghurt, or 2 tbsp lemon juice

Method
1. Bring the milk to the boil in a heavy-based saucepan.

2. Once the milk starts to boil and rise up, stir in the yoghurt or lemon juice. Keeping the milk on the heat, stir gently to help the milk curdle; it should only take about a minute. If it does not separate, add the rest of the yoghurt and keep stirring. The curds will coagulate and separate from the watery whey.

P.S. At this stage...house will smell!

3. Remove from the heat.

4. Line a large sieve with muslin or cheesecloth and place over a large bowl or saucepan. Strain the cheese into the sieve and run some cold water through it. Discard the whey or use for another purpose.

5. Wrap the cheese in the cloth and hang from the kitchen tap over the sink to allow the excess water to drain for 20 minutes. Then, keeping it fairly tight, put the paneer onto a clean work surface. Place a heavy weight on top for 30-40 minutes, or until it is flattened into a firm block. (You can refill the same saucepan with water and place it on top as a weight). Then cut into cubes or crumble, depending on how you want to use it.

6. Store any unused pieces in the refrigerator in water and cover. You can also freeze the paneer in an airtight container. Defrost thoroughly before use. It is delicious when served with a sprinkling of sea salt, freshly ground pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.

From: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/da...er_86451.shtml
OMG! My wife makes the best Paneer, usually Palak Paneer. I eat it by the bucket loads.lol

GuestFellow
12-17-2009, 01:28 AM
Its 1:30 AM

I'm finish typing up my work whilst eating pizza, coming back to this topic...I'm still hungry. :/

Ah I'm gonna become fat if I continue like this. >_<

syilla
12-17-2009, 01:39 AM
:salamext:

i never tried those delicious cheese someone should post some to me :p

Ramadhan
12-17-2009, 02:21 AM
Oh oh oh..
me likes havarti cheese from denmark! it's strikes good balance between creamy, soft-firm and the flavour is mild yet leaving strangely yummy lingering taste.

I also like brie, camembert, blue, basically all kinds of soft cheese, but I also like hard cheese such as medium-aged goat cheese, Edam, Gouda, etc.

I like eating them on their own or own crackers or in salad (such as feta in greek salad).
It is a bit strange that I developed taste for cheese beacuse most Indonesians just cannot stomach cheese and the smell put them off.

جوري
12-17-2009, 02:36 AM
that is why they have invented

I can't imagine what life would be like without dairy products, practically my entire diet is centered around, cheese or yogurt or milk ..

Havarti comes from Wisconsin (at least here in the U.S) maybe the Danes make it better.. I like their dairy the best anyway, though I am currently boycotting it..

sr. syilla come visit me and I'll send you back to Malaysia with your own cheese gift basket :D

Ummu Sufyaan
12-17-2009, 03:01 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam

can you tell me what in your opinion is the best kind of cheese and why...

I have a few favs, probably one of my favorite is

blue vein cheese eh? that stuff smells weird :mmokay:

Italianguy
12-17-2009, 03:07 AM
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssse!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

I need to calm down on the coppee!:D:D:D;D;D

syilla
12-17-2009, 03:15 AM
sr. syilla come visit me and I'll send you back to Malaysia with your own cheese gift basket :D
aww...i also have two heavy luggage which has to go with me wherever i go. ;D

جوري
12-17-2009, 03:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
aww...i also have two heavy luggage which has to go with me wherever i go. ;D
It is customary in the U.S to offer your first two borns to your host.. one goes in a sandwich and the other in a stew ;D

Snowflake
12-17-2009, 04:24 AM
I've always wanted to try mouldy cheeses like the one in your pic sis.. we have Blue Stilton in the UK. But one sniff of it at the cheese counter and I wanted to retch. I could smell the mould! I'm just not brave enough. The Bourkin looks nice. Does it have mould in it?

Blue Stilton

Beblessed
12-17-2009, 05:30 AM
I had toasted Edam cheese for my breakfast DELICIOUSS! :statisfie
I love Edam its a Dutch cheese

Ali_008
12-17-2009, 05:59 AM
Cheese souffle

:peace::peace::peace:

sister herb
12-17-2009, 07:10 AM
One more member to the family of cheese:

Finnish "juustoleipa/cheese bread" what can made by cow´s milk or by reindeer's milk as well. Curd is drained and pressed into a flat wooden platter with a rim and placed on fire until the outer layer is toasted. The end result is a crispy cheese that resembles bread (a la the name cheese bread). Under the surface it is rich and creamy. Served at breakfast it is delicious with jam and your favorite hot beverage. Rumor: Santa is said to enjoy Juustoleipa before making his famous annual trek! ;D

We prefer to eat it with cloudberris.

Italianguy
12-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Try some of these.

Abbamare – Sardinia; a semi-soft cheese made from a mixture of cows’ and sheep’s milk.

Accasciato - A (usually mixed)Sheep and Cows milk cheese from Tuscany

Acceglio – from Piedmont; a fresh cows’ milk cheese made in the area of Acceglio (province of Cuneo).

Acidino (or Formaggio Acidino) – eto; goats’ milk cheese

Agrì di Valtorta – Lombardy; made with fresh cows’ or goats’ milk in the Alta Valle Brembana (Province of Bergamo)

Ainuzzi – Sicily; a cows’ milk cheese made in Cammarata and San Giovanni Gemini (Province of Agrigento).

Algunder Bauernkäse Halbfett (Italian formaggio contadino semigrasso di Lagundo) – from Burggrafenamt (Italian Burgraviato), South Tyrol.

Algunder Butterkäse (Italian formaggio di Lagundo) – from Burggrafenamt (Italian Burgraviato), South Tyrol.

Algunder Ziegenkäse (Italian formaggio di capra di Lagundo) – South Tyrol; a goats’ milk cheese from Burggrafenamt (Italian Burgraviato)

Almkäse – South Tyrol

Alpkäse – South Tyrol

Amatriciano - Lazio around Amatrice and Leonessa

Ambra di Talamello – Marche

Animaletti di Provola – Calabria

Aostano – Val d’Aosta; cows’ milk.

Aostino – Val d’Aosta; cows’ milk.

Aschbacher Magerkäse (Italian formaggio Aschbach magro) – South Tyrol, from Burggrafenamt (Italian Burgraviato),

Asiago DOP – Veneto, Trentino

Asiago d'allevo (see Asiago)

Asiago pressato (see Asiago)

Asìno – Friuli Venezia Giulia; a curious cheese, although not made from ass’s milk

Enjoy your cheese!:D

God bless.

جوري
12-17-2009, 04:03 PM
can you tell me something about the flavor and the one you most recommend? have you tried spanish cheeses? Tetilla Campobello - Manchego - Smoked Idiazabal - Mahon -
I am not even sure of the ingredients to ponder taste..

crayon
12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
This is perhaps one of the coolest threads ever.
I love cheese. Seriously.

Some of my favorite kinds:

Syrian cheese, of course. It has other names (jibneh khadra, or shelal, depending on what kind it is), but the term syrian cheese is most popular. It is so versatile, and can be eaten in so many ways, with sweet stuff, sour stuff, salty stuff, for breakfast, lunch or dinner.. the possibilities are endless. The best kind, however, is when it's put in pita bread and toasted on a grill with olive oil.. Delicious.
There's the cubed kind which is cut into smaller pieces and eaten, and there's the string kind, which is more salty and is like strands of cheese.

Another favorite is feta cheese, the saltier the better.. Usually like it in salad, or in warm pita bread with cucumber on the side.

Also, I love cumin gouda cheese- absolutely delicious!!

And then of course the basics like mozarella, parmesan, cheddar, etc.

Oh, and can't forget the delightful string cheese! :D

Now I'm in the mood for some cheese.

Beardo
12-17-2009, 04:23 PM
I love pepperjack but it's not spicy enough.

Feta Cheese is aweeesomeeee.

Argamemnon
12-17-2009, 05:32 PM
oops........

cat eyes
12-17-2009, 06:03 PM
mmmmmmmmmm i love cheese i am one of those crazed cheese lovers melted cheese and tomatoes on toasted brown bread! its mouth watering :p

Mohamed_
12-17-2009, 06:25 PM
I like and eat every cheese which is not smelly.

Silver Pearl
12-17-2009, 07:46 PM
As a child, I wouldn’t let mum come back home until she had cheese (the triangle ones) and peanut butter for me lol. Allaah yarhamahaa.

I still like certain cheese with toast, tomato and some margarine. Yummy!

جوري
12-17-2009, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl
As a child, I wouldn’t let mum come back home until she had cheese (the triangle ones) and peanut butter for me lol. Allaah yarhamahaa.

I still like certain cheese with toast, tomato and some margarine. Yummy!
I am sorry for you loss sister imsad

I too loved

I used to do crazy things with that cheese.. and I especially loved it, in this type bread

Silver Pearl
12-17-2009, 07:56 PM
I am sorry for you loss sister imsad

I too loved

I used to do crazy things with that cheese.. and I especially loved it, in this type bread

Loss? La, mummy is ok Alhamdulillaah, biopsy came out good, though it can not be ruled out that there were not some cells left behind, Inshaa'Allaah yakun khayr!

Oooh that is the cheese I'm talking about, I still love them! They are soo nice and I do have them with those bread when I can find them, they have the best ones in Masr, we used to order them religiously every morning and evening.

جوري
12-17-2009, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl
Loss? La, mummy is ok Alhamdulillaah, biopsy came out good, though it can not be ruled out that there were not some cells left behind, Inshaa'Allaah yakun khayr!

Oooh that is the cheese I'm talking about, I still love them! They are soo nice and I do have them with those bread when I can find them, they have the best ones in Masr, we used to order them religiously every morning and evening.
oh al7mdlillah, for some reason when you wrote Allah yer7mha.. it is a phrase usually associated with....... well anyway.. thank you for clarifying.. may Allah swt grant you and yours good health

ameen

Italianguy
12-17-2009, 08:20 PM
can you tell me something about the flavor and the one you most recommend? have you tried spanish cheeses? Tetilla Campobello - Manchego - Smoked Idiazabal - Mahon -
I am not even sure of the ingredients to ponder taste..

Is that a question to me?

جوري
12-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Is that a question to me?
aha :D .................................................. .........

Italianguy
12-17-2009, 08:28 PM
aha :D .................................................. .........
I will post them soon, I have to take My wife, Zainab, And Mohammads wife to the mall.....again. They can't go by themselves.lol to much trouble..the 3 Amigo's or Amigo-ettes.

They are all giggling at me right now waiting to go so I will post the cheeses later today.:D

peace and blessings

Woodrow
12-17-2009, 09:01 PM
I prefer to make my own. Really very simple to do for basic "farm" cheese. But since I don't happen to have a cow at the moment I cheat.

Buy few containers of small curd cottage cheese, line a colander with cheese cloth, set it in the sink, dump the cottage cheese in it. Let it drain overnight. Pull the cheese cloth out of the colander, and tie it with string close to the lump of cheese. It should look like a lumpy basket ball, set it on a clean board. Place another board at an angle on it. set a heavy rock on it. Let it set until no more liquid comes out. Unwrap it and roll in coarse sea salt.

It can be flavored by adding things like, black pepper, sage, jalapenos etc. to the cottage cheese.

Danah
12-17-2009, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I prefer to make my own. Really very simple to do for basic "farm" cheese. But since I don't happen to have a cow at the moment I cheat.

Buy few containers of small curd cottage cheese, line a colander with cheese cloth, set it in the sink, dump the cottage cheese in it. Let it drain overnight. Pull the cheese cloth out of the colander, and tie it with string close to the lump of cheese. It should look like a lumpy basket ball, set it on a clean board. Place another board at an angle on it. set a heavy rock on it. Let it set until no more liquid comes out. Unwrap it and roll in coarse sea salt.

It can be flavored by adding things like, black pepper, sage, jalapenos etc. to the cottage cheese.

oh that remind me of what my mother did sometimes with the extra milk we have.....yea you can manage the flavor you want by adding whatever you want :)
home made cheese is the best after all. :)

sister herb
12-17-2009, 09:24 PM
I too make sometimes "fresh" cheese at home; I just need milk, buttermilk, eggs, salt and some herbs.

:playing:

Woodrow
12-17-2009, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
I too make sometimes "fresh" cheese at home; I just need milk, buttermilk, eggs, salt and some herbs.

:playing:
You can also use whole milk and a container of heavy cream, lemon juice and omit the Buttermilk and eggs. Put the milk and cream in a large pot, bring to a boil reduce the heat to a simmer add in the herbs (thyme works great) slowly add lemon juice a spoonful at a time until the milk curdles and separates. Let cool, salt as desired. line a colander with coffee filters, set in the sink and let drain at least over night. Makes a soft cheese similar to cream or neufchatel cheese

sister herb
12-17-2009, 09:57 PM
You can also use whole milk and a container of heavy cream, lemon juice and omit the Buttermilk and eggs. Put the milk and cream in a large pot, bring to a boil reduce the heat to a simmer add in the herbs (thyme works great) slowly add lemon juice a spoonful at a time until the milk curdles and separates. Let cool, salt as desired. line a colander with coffee filters, set in the sink and let drain at least over night. Makes a soft cheese similar to cream or neufchatel cheese
Thanks for advice.

:statisfie

Grofica
12-17-2009, 10:28 PM
oh i LOVE cheese....

anything buy Tillamook is my favorite its a cheese that is made in Oregon, (in the US) the only wisconson cheese i like is one from "the wisconson cheese man" seriously thats his name and he is one of the few people that make all beef sausages.

anyway Tillamook has like every kind of cheese under the sun... and its soooo good. and for everything from sandwhiches to eatting just to eat...

Grofica
12-17-2009, 10:31 PM
oh did i mention that cheese even has its own fansite?????

GuestFellow
12-18-2009, 12:41 PM
^ Wow it does o_O

Beardo
12-19-2009, 02:44 AM
I noticed that guestfellow and I are always like the outcasts of the threads... :ermm: Do you feel the same way guestfellow?

Thisll sound stupid but has anyone heard of the Laughing Cow Cheese?

Woodrow
12-19-2009, 03:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I noticed that guestfellow and I are always like the outcasts of the threads... :ermm: Do you feel the same way guestfellow?

My grand kids in Texas love it. I used to buy it in Louisiana when I lived there, but in Louisiana they use the French Label "La vache qui rit" it reminds me of Colby cheese.

I just went to their web site and found this:
The cheese is quite popular in the Middle East. Because no animal rennet or pepsin is used it is considered halaal by Muslim standards. Groupe Bel announced on October 2, 2005 that they plan to open a 13 million euro factory in Syria. This was the first such direct investment in that nation by a French food company.[1]

Hayaa
12-19-2009, 03:08 AM
How could we forget..

:O

جوري
12-19-2009, 03:48 AM

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1260550

:lol: you are not being left out, I don't think you have browsed through all the posts here :D

Italianguy
12-19-2009, 03:18 PM

OMG> Laughing cow cheese is awesome! We get them here in these little bags and they are small and round. My son loves those:D

Your not an outcast.

God be with you....and your cheese.

sister herb
12-20-2009, 05:52 PM
In cause of this terrible topic I lost all my money today when I was shopping.

"Hmm... maybe a little piece of mozzarella and parmesani... what about that one with black peppers... I could try it too... and blue cheese too..."

:exhausted

Even now I have a lot of cheese at home.

Beardo
12-20-2009, 05:58 PM
I also like spicy nacho cheese. :D

Hmm... Yeah, I love laughing cow cheese on my toast or bagels.or lavash bread.

Alsooo, I love feta cheese in my salad.

GuestFellow
12-20-2009, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hayaa
How could we forget..

:O
I got a stomach ache for eating cheese cake...yuck.

Argamemnon
12-20-2009, 09:56 PM
So are all these cheeses halal or haram?

Insaanah
12-20-2009, 10:11 PM
They are only halaal if they are made using rennet from halaal slaughtered animals, or if they are made using vegetarian rennet. In the Western world, you have to read the label very carefully to see if it has the vegetarian symbol. If it doesn't, chances are it's not halaal.

EDIT: You could also contact the manufacturer for further information, if it has no symbol.

Argamemnon
12-20-2009, 10:24 PM
They are only halaal if they are made using rennet from halaal slaughtered animals, or if they are made using vegetarian rennet. In the Western world, you have to read the label very carefully to see if it has the vegetarian symbol. If it doesn't, chances are it's not halaal.

EDIT: You could also contact the manufacturer for further information, if it has no symbol.
Thanks sister, I wil try and look at the labels.

Rabi'ya
12-20-2009, 10:24 PM

how did this thread get so long? its only been 4 days. are people that into cheese!!

Woodrow
12-20-2009, 10:58 PM
All except for laughing cow and Tillmook are cheese varieties. any of which can be found in either halal or haram Need to check the labels and see if they are produced with animal enzymes, gelatins etc. But all can be found made by halal methods.

Laughing Cow is a specific brand, and it has been verified halal and is proably the most popular French Cheese in Islamic nations.

Tillmook sells many varieities, it is best to check the individual varieties.

جوري
12-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Thanks sister, I wil try and look at the labels.
as a matter of fact I had melted smoked gouda in pita with tomatoes for dindin today..

cheese if here to stay ;D

Argamemnon
12-20-2009, 11:20 PM
All except for laughing cow and Tillmook are cheese varieties. any of which can be found in either halal or haram Need to check the labels and see if they are produced with animal enzymes, gelatins etc. But all can be found made by halal methods.

Laughing Cow is a specific brand, and it has been verified halal and is proably the most popular French Cheese in Islamic nations.

Thanks brother, sounds like a hassle but what can we do.

Argamemnon
12-20-2009, 11:24 PM
as a matter of fact I had melted smoked gouda in pita with tomatoes for dindin today..

cheese if here to stay ;D
Hmm, looks delicious.. as a matter of fact, I had the best creamy brie in my life yesterday!! My father got it at work as part of his Christmas gift.. he receives a food box every year from work. It was so delicious, I still can't believe it, lol.

جوري
12-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Hmm, sounds great... as a matter of fact, I had the best creamy brie in my life yesterday!! My father got it at work as part of his Christmas gift. I don't know how it's called.. he receives a box of food every year from work. It was so delicious I still can't believe it, lol.

it sounds the way you wrote it.......... brie is amazing ain't it mmmmmmmmm

I feel so stuffed from my sandwiches but I wouldn't mind another go with brie lol

Argamemnon
12-20-2009, 11:34 PM
I feel so stuffed from my sandwiches but I wouldn't mind another go with brie lol
You are so quick, I have editted my message. I think our brie had some amazing herbs in it and perhaps small pieces of red pepper etc.. it was out of this world, I'm not exaggerating :D

I might spend some money on cheese the next days thanks to you....

جوري
12-20-2009, 11:46 PM
You are so quick, I have editted my message. I think our brie had some amazing herbs and perhaps small pieces of red pepper etc.. it was out of this world, I'm not exaggerating :D

I might spend some money on cheese the next days thanks to you....

I am dying to try that spanish cheese.. though I shouldn't say dying to, maybe living to :D

all kinds of cheese are on this website..

http://www.igourmet.com/shoppe/shopp...vorites+Cheese

cheese is certainly a blessing.. for without them what would breakfast, lunch and sometimes dindin be like?
:w:

Argamemnon
12-20-2009, 11:55 PM
I am dying to try that spanish cheese.. though I shouldn't say dying to, maybe living to :D

all kinds of cheese are on this website..

http://www.igourmet.com/shoppe/shopp...vorites+Cheese

cheese is certainly a blessing.. for without them what would breakfast, lunch and sometimes dindin be like?
thanks for the link. i've decided to learn more about cheese, perhaps buy a book...

جوري
12-20-2009, 11:56 PM
I'd just call customer service :lol:
sometimes they let you sample before purchase and it is a chance for you to learn about the ingredients too ...

Banu_Hashim
12-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Cheddar!!!

I have been to (in fact live not far from) the place where the world famous cheddar cheese originates from... Cheddar Gorge :D

Tony
12-21-2009, 12:03 AM
at this time of year it has to be baby bell, the baby cheeses, although the nativity is nought but crackers

جوري
12-21-2009, 12:11 AM
baby bell and laughing cow are made by the same co. me thinkus .. I used to like it too, but my local super only had it in diet and I wish I hadn't tried it in diet form because it turned me off for life...

Tony
12-21-2009, 12:15 AM
baby bell and laughing cow are made by the same co. me thinkus .. I used to like it too, but my local super only had it in diet and I wish I hadn't tried it in diet form because it turned me off for life...

sister its a joke, the baby cheeses.......xmas humour......baby Jesus (pbuh).............I love allcheese though

جوري
12-21-2009, 12:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
sister its a joke, the baby cheeses.......xmas humour......baby Jesus (pbuh).............I love allcheese though
oh lol.. I thought you were talking about these:

my humble apologies :hiding:

Tony
12-21-2009, 12:21 AM
oh lol.. I thought you were talking about these:

my humble apologies :hiding:

lol...catch up sister haha..... i missed this forum. ;D

جوري
12-21-2009, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
lol...catch up sister haha..... i missed this forum. ;D
I am trying I am trying, but it is 24˚F, and everything about me including my reflexes is slow.. except for my headache, it is fast and expanding

lol.. been trying to avoid all that xmas stuff by watching the chiller Chanel..

maybe I'll venture into watching a man for all seasons on netflix the rest of this fine sunday :D

p.s it is good to have you back..

Argamemnon
12-21-2009, 01:18 AM

But I have also heard people say that since during production the chemical composition of the cheese changes, it becomes halal (due to chemical reaction)?

Some scholars even argue that eating food cooked in wine is halal, because in the cooking process the alcohol is completely burnt up.

Argamemnon
12-23-2009, 10:14 PM
My mother had bought a pizza but I can't eat it because of the cheese. She didn't know that cheese can be haram. I'm going to check all labels to determine which cheeses are halal and always buy those. I usually don't eat many processed foods, but from now on I will stop eating them altogether. Everything seems to be either haram or suspect.

I was happy to find an online cheese shop which sells Dutch cheese, but astonishingly all of them seem to have been made with rennet! I saw this delicious cheese which had onion, garlic and red pepper in it, but I can't buy it. I want some delicious cheese! :heated:

جوري
12-23-2009, 10:16 PM
what is a good cheese to send for a gift that won't rot in the distance? say if you are sending it to another country, if you pack it with ice packs how long will it take before it rots?

Argamemnon
12-23-2009, 10:21 PM
what is a good cheese to send for a gift that won't rot in the distance? say if you are sending it to another country, if you pack it with ice packs how long will it take before it rots?

Salam,

Some of the Dutch cheeses fall into that category, I read this on this Dutch site I was talking about. You can order there, they sell worldwide: http://www.goudacheeseshop.com/

جوري
12-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Jazaka Allah khyran

Argamemnon
12-23-2009, 10:26 PM
You're welcome. I'm not a big fan of Dutch cheese though, some are really good, but others taste like rubber.

Argamemnon
12-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Oh wait, how clever of me.. you want to send cheese abroad? In that case you'd better buy cheese in the U.S. of course..

جوري
12-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Oh wait, how clever of me.. you want to send cheese abroad? In that case you'd better buy cheese in the U.S. of course..

lol... indeed.. I need to send it to the far east & that will take a very long time..I wanted something with some longevity or a company that takes international orders or something..

Jazaka Allah khyran

Argamemnon
12-23-2009, 10:42 PM
or a company that takes international orders or something..

Jazaka Allah khyran

if you are going to buy the cheese in the U.S. (to send them to the far east), then why do you need a company that takes international orders?

that cheese shop i mentioned takes international orders;

Shipping duration
DHL | TNT

United States of America 2-3 days 5-7 days

sorry maybe i misunderstood...

GuestFellow
12-23-2009, 10:56 PM

What kind of cheese is that? :hiding:

جوري
12-23-2009, 11:09 PM
if you are going to buy the cheese in the U.S. (to send them to the far east), then why do you need a company that takes international orders?

that cheese shop i mentioned takes international orders;

Shipping duration
DHL | TNT

United States of America 2-3 days 5-7 days

sorry maybe i misunderstood...

you understood correctly, I want to send it as a gift for someone who wants to try the cheese but purchasing cheese from the U.S will sure to turn plain Philadelphia cream into Roquefort by the time it gets there.. finding a middle place is best I think, or I might just actually sent Roquefort, I don't think it can get more rotten? I just don't know how well that will be received ;D I personally love it, but it is definitely an acquired taste..

جوري
12-23-2009, 11:10 PM

What kind of cheese is that? :hiding:
one that gets you in all the wrong places ;D

Argamemnon
12-24-2009, 01:25 AM
Is Cheese Halal or Haram?

The Question of Rennet
Answered by Shaykh Ilyas Patel

Question:I have found three opinions concerning cheese made with animal rennet.

Q1) One is that since the rennet is haram, the cheese is haram.

Q2) Another is that since the rennet doesn't remain a part of the cheese- it is only used to separate the curds from the whey, the cheese is halal.

Q3. Another is that the Prophet (saws) ate cheese, therefore it is halal. I am not clear about this particular one and would like to find out in more detail, i.e. was this cheese made using animal rennet?

So, is cheese/whey made using animal rennet halal or haram, according to the Hanafi School?

Answer:

A1. In the Hanafi School, rennet obtained from an animal slaughtered by a non-Muslim or Muslim in accordance with Islamic law or contrary to it, in all cases is permissible, as long as the animal in question is not a pig.

Most well informed people are adamant that rennet, which is used to make cheese, is not derived from pigs.

A2. Rennet, Rennin as an enzyme is used in the food industry for the preparation of cheese by curdling milk. The only way to know whether the source of rennet is animal, plant or microbe is to ask the food industry about it or have it written on the label.

The lawfulness of rennet does not depend on the slaughterer being a Muslim or non-Muslim, in fact it depends upon whether there is life in it or not. The circulation of blood in an organ is the cause of life. No blood flows through rennet, therefore rennet is not a living thing. Therefore, it cannot 'die' and it is thus permissible to consume rennet.[Muslim Food Guide, pg 25-30, http://www.halaal.co.uk ]

A3. It has been narrated in the major hadith collection s from Abdullah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him and hi s father) that the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) was brought cheese in the Battle of Tabuk. He asked for a knife then recited 'bismillah' and cut the cheese.' (Abu Dawud)

Cheese made with animal rennet other than a pig source is halal. The fuqaha explain, however, that it is better to avoid whenever reasonably possible when its source is unknown because of the difference of opinion between the Sunni schools of fiqh regarding its permissibility and the doubt therein.

And Allah alone gives success.

Ilyas Patel,
Abu Zahra Institute
Keighley , UK .

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...ID=432&CATE=29

جوري
01-11-2010, 07:13 PM

update on Wisconsin cheese man products.. I just received this email from them today a few weeks after inquiry..

I have checked with our Quality Assurance Department and they responded as follows:

"I can assure you that the rennet/enzymes in cheese are more than likely microbially manufactured rather than being of animal origin. It's more common now. If animal origin, it would be from cows not pigs. Further questions, let me know.

Hope this helps.

Kristy"

Patricia
Customer Service

THE WISCONSIN CHEESEMAN
1-800-698-1751
Monday-Friday
8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. CST

Life_Is_Short
01-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Actually, it is fungus.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-11-2010, 07:29 PM
ASlaamu alaaykum..
My fave cheese is Motzerella (sorry if i spelt it incorrectly),
and the other cheese would be Cheddar , but not on its own :)
And just cause its covered with some type of fungussy colour, doesnt make it nasty :|:(..I bet it tastes better than you ever thought :D...Insha`Allaah, we all have our own taste buds i guess :-\

Argamemnon
05-30-2010, 07:53 PM
lol, I refound this thread through google. I love slices of mozzarella with slices of tomato and then drizzle this with a mix of olive oil, chopped fresh basil, lemon juice and 1-2 smashed cloves of garlic. It's really delicious. Tomorrow I'm making my own pizza.. not really my own because I bought the pizza dough, it's organic.. I just have to top it with lots of delicious stuff.

I've found some halal meat (sausages etc.) in my local supermarket! Not that I'm convinced that it's halal despite the halal mark printed on the package.. Because I've read that 50-75% of all the meat here in the Netherlands that's sold by Muslims are not halal. There is not much I can do about it.

Anyway, here is the recipe for the delicious mozzarella salad

1 packet mozzarella
2 tomatoes
1/2 bunch of fresh basil
about 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon
1-2 cloves garlic
salt

Instructions:

1) slice tomatoes and mozzarella cheese (1/2 inch).
2) chop basil and combine basil, olive oil, lemon juice, smashed garlic, salt and drizzle this over the tomatoes and mozzarella.

You really must try this some time, at least once... i wonder how something so simple can taste so good..

Argamemnon
05-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Oh, I almost forgot my question.. does anyone have experience with making pizza? I'm thinking of using grated mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, halal meat and peppers as topping.

Maybe I make a thread "strange thread about pizza"...

Woodrow
05-31-2010, 05:47 AM
I usually make my pizza's similar but I prefer to have a minimum of 4 types of cheeses and leave out any meat. Got into a recent pizza making frenzy, found a small halal store owned by a family from Iraq in Fargo They carry a very large selection of halal cheeses. Most imported from Saudi, Yemen, Syria etc.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-31-2010, 06:00 AM
my fav is the cheese from a laughing cow :p

I prefer qashdah over cheese though. Toast with qashdah and 3sal is my fav snack <3

Argamemnon
05-31-2010, 02:07 PM
I usually make my pizza's similar but I prefer to have a minimum of 4 types of cheeses and leave out any meat. Got into a recent pizza making frenzy, found a small halal store owned by a family from Iraq in Fargo They carry a very large selection of halal cheeses. Most imported from Saudi, Yemen, Syria etc.
What other cheeses do you use on pizza?

Woodrow
05-31-2010, 03:02 PM
What other cheeses do you use on pizza?
i use Mozzarella, romano, provalone, asada, colby as a minimum but if I have it in the house which I usually do I add pepper jack, cheddar and any other firm or hard cheese I've even added swiss which turned out to be very good. My Pizzas are Cheezy

Argamemnon
05-31-2010, 10:37 PM
i use Mozzarella, romano, provalone, asada, colby as a minimum but if I have it in the house which I usually do I add pepper jack, cheddar and any other firm or hard cheese I've even added swiss which turned out to be very good. My Pizzas are Cheezy
I like hard cheese too. I couldn't find the halal meat in the supermarket, I topped my pizza with mozzarella cheese, mushrooms and bell pepper. The dough didn't taste good at all, the topping was ok. It seems that I'm going to have to make the pizza dough myself next time. I don't know if I have the patience for that.

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-01-2010, 12:05 AM
I love cheese, yummie, it taste guud.
I only eat dutch cheese which are called gouda and edam.

shuraimfan4lyf
06-01-2010, 04:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq
Gouda and Edam LOL...sounds like they are brothers

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-01-2010, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq
LOL the names are funny, bro you eat funny named cheese ha

Snowflake
06-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Sis Lily, can you tell us what does mould tastes like? I just can't bring myself to eat mouldy cheese but I'm curious. Do you get tummy ache after eating it, or worse, the runs? :-[

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-08-2010, 01:18 PM
^What are ze "Runs" aye sis?

shuraimfan4lyf
06-08-2010, 09:03 PM
You dont wana know..

shuraimfan4lyf
06-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Edit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Snowflake
06-08-2010, 09:08 PM
runs = marathon :-\

shuraimfan4lyf
06-08-2010, 09:14 PM
marathon to the bathroom,yes!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-08-2010, 09:19 PM
^Oh sis i thought you meant as in something you eat :D . . . .
oh so its a Marathon thats just Dis GUST ing! :)

Oh well it happens LOL. . . why do you still make the Diagonal face sis? uno this 1---->>>>:-\<---- Yes that 1 lol. . .

Yeee

Areee

Nerdz

So yeah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-08-2010, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
marathon to the bathroom,yes!
No the sis is talking of Marathon as in the one you are race within, against some other Nerdy losers who wna race you for no particular reason what so ever :-\
Bro i hope you know what i am talking about now InshaAllaah indee
So yeah

جوري
06-08-2010, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Sis Lily, can you tell us what does mould tastes like? I just can't bring myself to eat mouldy cheese but I'm curious. Do you get tummy ache after eating it, or worse, the runs? :-[
It tastes delicious like a mini death .. makes your eyes roll back in your head especially if you couple it with an agreeable drink ..

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-08-2010, 09:23 PM
^ loool these conversations are getting funny due to the confusion.

Shuraimfan I know what you mean! lol
Tell the sister exactly what the runs mean.

shuraimfan4lyf
06-08-2010, 09:24 PM
She knows what it means lol. She is just acting like she doesnt know.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-08-2010, 09:24 PM
^Bro i told the brother Shuraim what it is, sis Scents also said it :-\. . .
You are confusing me now SubhaanAllaah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-08-2010, 09:26 PM
^There is the Proof of what sis Scents said, now i hope you understand! And please do not say i still do NOT know!

Snowflake
06-08-2010, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
It tastes delicious like a mini death .. makes your eyes roll back in your head especially if you couple it with an agreeable drink ..
lollllllllll sis! Sounds worse than I imagined!

Rofl@ the marathon confusion ;D

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-08-2010, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
^Bro i told the brother Shuraim what it is, sis Scents also said it :-\. . .
You are confusing me now SubhaanAllaah
Maybe sister scents is to shy to say what she really meant, just read what she wrote carefully and atleast five times then you will know insha allah. lol

Snowflake
06-08-2010, 09:33 PM
lol I'm cracking up here! ;D Just to get thread back on track... basically I asked sis Lily if mouldy cheese can give you diarrhea. There! :-[

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-08-2010, 09:34 PM
I quote again "Runs=Marathon", why is that soo hard to understand? Seriously end of Convo, this is ending up into an argument about something you claim and what i claim and we dont agree upon bro.
End of!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-08-2010, 09:37 PM
lol I'm cracking up here! ;D Just to get thread back on track... basically I asked sis Lily if mouldy cheese can give you diarrhea. There! :-[
OHHHHHHHHHH:embarrass
Now this is embarassng. . . Im sorry man, why didnt you make it clear the first time sis :(. . .
Now ive become a laughing stock among the Losers :(

Khayr InshaAllaah, Ok back to the Cheese topic

I Apologise for my Not knowing-ness

Sorry

shuraimfan4lyf
06-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Apology accepted..we tried to keep it on low, but you wanted an obvious answer LOL

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-08-2010, 09:41 PM
^No bro, i already thought i new the answer. . .
Worry not!

And Jazakallahu Khaayr. . . .

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-08-2010, 09:47 PM
^^Looool its getting more funny.

جوري
06-08-2010, 09:49 PM
moldy cheese won't give you diarrhea or the runs or even a marathon of, unless you are basically lactose intolerant or have some other digestive issues.. in which case moldy or not you should only stick with super processed cheese that comes from a can..

Ansariyah
06-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Dutch cheese...all its kinds simply rock!

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-08-2010, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
Dutch cheese...all its kinds simply rock!
Hear hear afcourse!

Woodrow
06-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Cheese does differ from region to region if it is made naturally and not a factory product. It is a true gift from Allaah(swt). If I ever had the money to waste I would love to go on a cheese tasting tour of the world and taste the genuine stuff in each country of origin.

جوري
09-16-2011, 12:10 AM
I remember I once said I have never met a cheese I didn't like.. well today I ordered a salad with 'Goat cheese' I thought it would come out like feta but it was melted on top of baguette.. it smelled like foot deep deep inside a fat coppers a$$ and I thought I'd vomit..decided to taste it don't ask me why.. thought it was one of those things that smelled of death but tasted great but oh God it tasted like rotted corpse or foot deep deep inside a fat cop's *** .. I never want to taste that vileness again.. :vomit:

Ramadhan
09-16-2011, 02:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
it smelled like foot deep deep inside a fat coppers a$$ and I thought I'd vomit..decided to taste it don't ask me why.. thought it was one of those things that smelled of death but tasted great but oh God it tasted like rotted corpse or foot deep deep inside a fat cop's *** .. I never want to taste that vileness again.. :vomit:
It sounds like what europeans/americans describe their first encounter with durian.

did you ask what type of goat chees it was?

جوري
09-16-2011, 02:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

It sounds like what europeans/americans describe their first encounter with durian.

did you ask what type of goat chees it was?
No but I am pretty sure it should have been called awful ;D or American cop's foot embedded in his a$$ it was just so bad that I swear I felt so queasy it overshadowed everything my eyes were watering I wonder how the person who prepared it could have stomached it.. I am into trying new things and like acquired taste items but this was just human refuse on a shingle ughhhhhhhhhhhh..
if ever I want to induce vomit I'll just think of that smell and that first bite.. woozy with sickness

on the bright side the makiato and chestnut crepes were awesome albeit both of them microscopic ..

Salahudeen
09-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Feta cheese is the best!!!

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
09-16-2011, 09:50 AM

Wow.. a thread of cheese!
How could i miss this!

I LOVE cheese, its my fav food :D

My husband before coming to the UK vowed never to eat it.... about 6 months later he is an addict like me ;D
However i have to tell him not to eat it all and leave some for me! :heated:

format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
I remember I once said I have never met a cheese I didn't like.. well today I ordered a salad with 'Goat cheese' I thought it would come out like feta but it was melted on top of baguette.. it smelled like foot deep deep inside a fat coppers a$$ and I thought I'd vomit..decided to taste it don't ask me why.. thought it was one of those things that smelled of death but tasted great but oh God it tasted like rotted corpse or foot deep deep inside a fat cop's *** .. I never want to taste that vileness again.. :vomit:
Im not a fan of Goats cheese either....
HOWEVER... have you tried Halloumi?
Its made from goats and ewe's (sheep) milk, if you cut it thinly and then toast it under a grill it is delicious! ( i like mine a crispy on one side and soft on the other :wub:)

Awesome thread :D

جوري
09-16-2011, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by (¯¨›Åÿê§h勨¯)

Wow.. a thread of cheese!
How could i miss this!

I LOVE cheese, its my fav food :D

My husband before coming to the UK vowed never to eat it.... about 6 months later he is an addict like me ;D
However i have to tell him not to eat it all and leave some for me! :heated:

Its made from goats and ewe's (sheep) milk, if you cut it thinly and then toast it under a grill it is delicious! ( i like mine a crispy on one side and soft on the other :wub:)

Awesome thread :D

ughhhhhhhh .. still have nightmares from last night .. I still can't believe the $$$$$$$ I paid to take my sis out for a brunch.. not only am I guilt ridden but honestly I never want to revisit that again in any form or shape.. so vile .. so vile.. I may never recover.. so goaty smelling and tasting.. which was described bette above I was under a spell yesterday I had to say it as it is lol..

Ramadhan
09-16-2011, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by (¯¨›Åÿê§h勨¯)
Its made from goats and ewe's (sheep) milk, if you cut it thinly and then toast it under a grill it is delicious! ( i like mine a crispy on one side and soft on the other )

Awesome thread
I've tried halloumi before but never grilled.
That looks yummy!, I can almost taste it now and I'm drooling already.

joyous fairy
09-18-2011, 03:07 AM
I like cheese but only when its melted, especially on pizza and pasta. Mmm.

Has anyone ever hd cheese string? I used to love that but havent had any in ages! Hmm, now I feel like having some, Ill try getting some tomorrow :D

Abz2000
09-18-2011, 06:16 AM
French Brie, or goats cheese, but goats cheese smells a bit funny and they stick bare salt in it for some weird reason or other.
Btw, are you meant to eat that chalky stuff they cover it in or is it just there to preserve it? I take it out the bag and eat it on the way home sometimes - chalk and all

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.