/* */

PDA

View Full Version : jewellery

cat eyes
12-17-2009, 08:45 PM
:sl:have a gold necklace that i am planning on wearing which i received as a gift its pure gold and has Allah in arabic ingraved on it surrounded by diamonds. i take it i have to be in a state of wudhu while wearing it? probably a silly question but better to ask isen it

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
12-18-2009, 04:26 PM
some one told me also your prayers are accepted if your wearing your nose stud is it true? i don't take my nose stud out because i can still clean my nose properly :hmm: lol seems like no one likes me enough to reply :'(

mammyluty
12-18-2009, 09:00 PM
am not sure sister about wudhu bt i know that u cant wear it in the toilet!bt i dont think u have to take wudhu to wear it,i dont know sister.

thg second one av never haerd that n is it not those shirk myths people make up?

cat eyes
12-18-2009, 10:28 PM
thanks sis for replying:statisfie well im been told different things thats the problem with many sisters lol im starting to copy them i use to be strict and tke off every single bit of jewellery and make up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
12-19-2009, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl:have a gold necklace that i am planning on wearing which i received as a gift its pure gold and has Allah in arabic ingraved on it surrounded by diamonds. i take it i have to be in a state of wudhu while wearing it? probably a silly question but better to ask isen it
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, yes a women can wear it but it should be covered up or taken off before going into the toilet. [ibid.; Shurunbulali, Imdad al-Fattah]

Hamza Asadullah
12-19-2009, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
some one told me also your prayers are accepted if your wearing your nose stud is it true? i don't take my nose stud out because i can still clean my nose properly :hmm: lol seems like no one likes me enough to reply :'(
Assalamu alaykum ,

In the name of Allah the Inspirer of truth

The scholars are agreed that it is permissible for a women to have her ears pierced to wear an earring since that is considered an adornment for women. Likewise they have even permitted piercing the nose as women in some communities do.

However, it would not be permissible to pierce the lip, belly button etc, since that is not considered the adornment for any decent women. [Radd al-Muhtar 5:270]

It is not permissible for men to pierce their ears or any other part of their body as that has not been considered an adornment for them by the Shari'a.

And Allah knows best.

Abdurrahman ibn Yusuf

You should also take it out when doing wudu.

cat eyes
12-20-2009, 03:57 PM
:sl:thank you brother :)

zakirs
12-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Salaam

Sister , i hope this helps http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/91370

It is not prescribed to write Aayat al-Kursiy or the name of Allaah on pieces of gold that are to be worn, because that is a kind of disrespect. It may also be an imitation of the Jews and Christians who hang up or wear things that they revere, such as the cross etc.

There is a concession allowing writing names on rings, even if the name includes the name of Allaah, such as Abd-Allaah or ‘Abd al-Rahmaan. Similarly there is nothing wrong with writing useful words on a ring even if they include the name of Allaah, such as al-hamdu Lillah (praise be to Allaah), tawakkaltu ‘ala Allaah (I put my trust in Allaah) etc. Many such reports have been narrated from the Sahaabah and Taabi’een. Some examples have been mentioned in the answer to question no 68805

cat eyes
12-21-2009, 03:25 PM
thanks bro though i don't wear it i only wore it once i am afraid i will lose it and i also fear that i will forget myself and walk straight into the toilet with it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.