/* */

PDA

View Full Version : childhood games?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-17-2009, 11:44 PM
OK i know it seems like forever since the internet and computer games have come along but can you revert back to games beofore computers in this thread?

Anybody remember tig-tig, hangman, kick-the-can, hide-n-seek???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
12-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

My brother, my cousins, and I made up the weirdest games.

One game me and my brother used to play consisted of throwing pillows on the ground and trying to jump towards the next nearest pillow. The ground represented a deadly lava. So the game always ended up with someone holding out their hand going "HELP MEE!! IM DYINGGGG!! IM BURNINGG!"

I used to also love games like Guess Who and Connect-four :D

Fi aman allah
wsalaam

*charisma*
12-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

what's tig tig?? lol

fi aman allah
wsalaam

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-18-2009, 12:03 AM
wasalaam,

when you are 'on' and you have to chase someone around all over the place to tag or tig them so they're 'on'

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
12-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

haha, so like tag?? Or i guess it is tag except you guys prolly have a different name for it.

We used to play freeze tag, which is a more enhanced form of tag...oh and rebellious games like ding dong ditch.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-18-2009, 12:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

My brother, my cousins, and I made up the weirdest games.

One game me and my brother used to play consisted of throwing pillows on the ground and trying to jump towards the next nearest pillow. The ground represented a deadly lava. So the game always ended up with someone holding out their hand going "HELP MEE!! IM DYINGGGG!! IM BURNINGG!"

I used to also love games like Guess Who and Connect-four :D

Fi aman allah
wsalaam
that game kind of reminds me of the pavement game i use to play like you can't step on the lines and only walk a certain pattern within the slabs.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-18-2009, 12:09 AM
''ding dong ditch'' sounds intresting

I wonder who came up with the names, especially the dips.

*charisma*
12-18-2009, 12:15 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

:D omg that reminds me of when we were out on a field trip in 3rd grade, and we were walking to wherever it was we were going...I was walking behind the teacher and he says something like "Don't step on a crack or you'll break your mother's back!"...And I believed him for a while.

Ding dong ditch is basically where you ring someone's doorbell and then you run away so that you don't get caught..and then you do it several times to make it more risky. It's an adrenaline fun-filled game.

Do you guys have rhymes before you start a game to determine who'll be 'it' first? Kinda like inny minny miney mo.

I used to love to play tetherball, kickball, and dodge ball.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-18-2009, 07:03 AM
:sl:
this thread is a good source of ideas to keep my nieces and nephews entertained. keep it up.

S_87
12-18-2009, 12:54 PM
blind mans buff- i still love playing that! though with cheating kids :rolleyes:
catching/tag
freeze-still play that
sleeping lions
hide and seek
cops and robbers :coolious:
cat & mouse- a game with loads of people to make it fun

will be back with more

aamirsaab
12-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Duck-duck-goose and stuck-in-the-mud were old time faves. Except duck-duck-goose usually ended up with someone being speared (wrestling move) to the ground.

Hide and Seek was always good when we were kids - you could hide almost anywhere. And the challenge was finding somewhere new to hide - like in the bathroom (thought, that was considered cheating in my book; you can't play hide and seek AND take a leak at the same time!)

Those were the days.

Rafeeq
12-18-2009, 01:47 PM

In addition to the tig-tag and hide and seek, we used to play several games with tiny balls of glass, top/plummet (a small round conical device of wood which was supplied with a nail on one side and a rope to tie it around, then through on ground in such a technique that it start rotating its own axis).

Recalling past, I remember, we used to play a freez game in which when ever we saw our friend or sister or brother whom was agreed to play freeze/stop game, we ordered hi,/her to stop and he/she had to stop untill the person who ordered released the that notion.

It seems very silly to today's kids but we were really having fun in them.

Oh yes, during those periods in which teacher did not come in the class or he wanted to do some work and asked us to do our home work and not to make noise, we were playing cricket using the most thicker book of our course. It will be very strange for few readers, we were conducting tournaments. LOL.:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.