/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to get Allah to improve your Dunya?

safr
12-18-2009, 08:29 PM
We all know that one of the differences between a Muslim and a disbeliever is the END destination, namely Paradise or Hellfire.

However, does this mean that in the Dunya Allah (swt) treats both the Muslim and the Non-Muslim the same?

For example a Muslim going through a divorce and a non-Muslim going through a divorce experience the same emotions.

A unemployed Muslim suffers just as much as a unemployed non-Muslim.

Actually from my experience i am willing to argue a Muslim suffers MORE than the non-Muslim because although the non-Muslim does not have anyone real to pray to, the Muslim PRAYS and yet the prayer goes unanswered.

Deep in his heart the Muslim knows that Allah can help him and improve his situation in a INSTANT, yet chooses not to do so and lets him suffer.

At these times i feel as if Allah (swt) is very distant and cold towards me :cr:

btw, i am not atheist-minded or anything like that my belief in the existence and absolute power of Allah (swt) to do what He (swt) likes is total, but i feel sad, de-motivated and upset that Allah treats me the same way as he treats a non-Muslim in the same situation.

The only reply i have got is that brother you should be grateful, be patient and be content.

It is extremely difficult to be grateful when in the depths of difficulty, patience is something that eventually expires when the status quo does not change, and contentment is understandable to a degree but if everyone remained content with what they have then all forms of progress would come to end.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
12-18-2009, 11:37 PM
:sl:

Remember two things. When someone makes du'aa and doesn't get what they want, they say that Allah didn't answer their du'aa. But remember that "No" is also an answer.

Secondly, Allah accepts duaas in three ways. Either by giving you what you asked for, or my averting some misfortune from you, or by rewarding you for it in the hereafter.

Ubaadah Ibne Saamit radhiyallahu anhu has reported that the Messenger of Allah sallallahu alayhi wasallam said, "Whenever a Muslim makes du'aa to Allah, He accepts his du'aa, or averts any similar kind of trouble from him. (This happens) until he prays for something sinful or something that may break the ties of kinship, (after which it is not accepted)." Upon this the Companions of the Prophet of Allah sallallahu alayhi wasallam said, "Then we shall supplicate most frequently." Thereupon the Messenger of Allah sallallahu alayhi wasallam said , "Allah is the bestower of things in abundance." Tirmidhi as is mentioned in Sahîh al-Jâmi' #5637

Ibn Hajr, commenting on the benefits of du'â, said:

"And the benefit of performing du'â is the attainment of reward by obeying the command (of Allah to make du'â), and also by the attainment of what is asked for, for there is a possibility that the request is dependant on the du'â, since Allah is the Creator of both the effort and result of the effort!" [Fath al-Bârî 11/95]

See this article:http://www.sunnahonline.com/library/beliefs/0071.htm

Allah knows best.

:sl:

Ali_008
12-19-2009, 01:38 AM
Have a look at this beautiful Hadeeth in the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATGzPJ7yKWU

CosmicPathos
12-19-2009, 02:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by safr
We all know that one of the differences between a Muslim and a disbeliever is the END destination, namely Paradise or Hellfire.

However, does this mean that in the Dunya Allah (swt) treats both the Muslim and the Non-Muslim the same?

For example a Muslim going through a divorce and a non-Muslim going through a divorce experience the same emotions.

Actually from my experience i am willing to argue a Muslim suffers MORE than the non-Muslim because although the non-Muslim does not have anyone real to pray to, the Muslim PRAYS and yet the prayer goes unanswered.

Deep in his heart the Muslim knows that Allah can help him and improve his situation in a INSTANT, yet chooses not to do so and lets him suffer.

At these times i feel as if Allah (swt) is very distant and cold towards me :cr:

btw, i am not atheist-minded or anything like that my belief in the existence and absolute power of Allah (swt) to do what He (swt) likes is total, but i feel sad, de-motivated and upset that Allah treats me the same way as he treats a non-Muslim in the same situation.

The only reply i have got is that brother you should be grateful, be patient and be content.

It is extremely difficult to be grateful when in the depths of difficulty, patience is something that eventually expires when the status quo does not change, and contentment is understandable to a degree but if everyone remained content with what they have then all forms of progress would come to end.
If I remember, we are not born from our own free will. Then do we have the right to reign free in this mortal life of ours and then complain? One could. Many do. It, however, does not belie the laws set in place which have been running since 14-16 billion years.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
umm junaid
12-19-2009, 02:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
Have a look at this beautiful Hadeeth in the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATGzPJ7yKWU
wooow Mashallah i watched this video its soooooo touching man, and you can learn sooooo much from it.

jazakhallaah Brother.

Insecured soul
12-19-2009, 09:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm junaid
wooow Mashallah i watched this video its soooooo touching man, and you can learn sooooo much from it.

jazakhallaah Brother.
yes thats right, wonderfull hadith

Hamza Asadullah
12-19-2009, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by safr

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, jazakallah khayran for sharing with us how you feel because if you did'nt then it would have continued to bother you and play on your mind.

Do you think Allah has not favoured us by giving us imaan(faith) over the non Muslims? Allah does not give guidance to all as he states in the Qur'an but we out of the whole history of mankind have been given the most amazing and unique gift of imaan(faith) so have we not been given more than the non Muslims?

Think about how many people Allah has created and then think about how many of those people Allah has given imaan to. We are more lucky than we can ever imagine and we will NEVER be able to truly comprehend how lucky we really are.

Allah accepts dua's of non Muslims ONLY for this world but not for the hereafter. But our dua's are accepted for this world and the next world so who has been given more?

The reward of the good deeds of Non Muslims are given ONLY rewarded in this world whereas we are rewarded for our good deeds in this world and the next then who is more luckier?

Our ultimate destination is the hereafter where if we lived this life abiding by the commandments of Allah then we will ETERNITY of bliss but the non Muslims have nothing in the hereafter then who has been given more?

When Allah wants good upon a person then he gives them goodness by testing them through health, wealth, children because he wants to see how they will react. Will they go further away from Allah or will they come closer to Allah. If the person is patient and bares the test accepting that Allah wants good upon them and is testing them then Allah is with that person and the reward of patience in Jannah!

We should be so lucky and privelaged that our tests are not as hard as what most people are going through in this world.

When a non Muslim goes through hardships and trials they are only rewarded in this world for being patient but if we as Muslims are patient through trials and hardships then we are rewarded in both this world and the next then who has been given more?

Remember this life is a test so we will inevitabley be tested. If were not tested then how will we prove ourselves to be worthy of eternity in Jannah?

Almighty Allah says: “Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods, lives and the fruits (of your toil) but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere. Those who, when misfortune strikes them, say: ‘Indeed we belong to Allah and to Him is our return. Those are the ones upon whom are blessings and mercy from their Lord and it is those who are rightly guided.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 155]

The Prophet (peace be upon him)said: "No fatigue, illness, anxiety, sorrow, harm or sadness afflicts any Muslim, even to the extent of a thorn pricking him, without Allah wiping out his sins by it." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

In another narration, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “No Muslim is afflicted by harm, whether it is but the prick of a thorn or something worse, without Allah expiating his evil deeds on account of it and his sins falling away from him like leaves off a tree.'" [Sahîh al-Bukhârî]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "When Allah desires good for someone, He tries him with hardships." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî]

So a person who is being tested should be happy that Allah is wanting good upon them and wants them to be close to Allah and repent to him.

So let us be patient through any trials or hardships we go through and repent to him every opportunity we get because one does not realise how special it is when the slave of Allah repents to him.

Let us persevere and thank Allah for what he has given us and NEVER even think to be ungrateful for what we have been given because we have been given more than we can ever possible imagine and thank him for so let us be thankful for Allah gives more to those who are thankful and let us repent as much as we can for the constant sins we indulge in day in day out.

Let us be patient for Allah is with those who are patient and the reward of patience is Jannah!

abu salaahudeen
12-19-2009, 11:21 PM
the dunya is a prison for the believer and Paradise for the disbelievers

this dunya is not but test resulting in various hardships but our reward is yet to come in jannah

we should not lose hope

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.