/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Harun yahya's reputation

Insecured soul
12-19-2009, 02:16 AM
salaam alaikum people

i read a lot of books published by harun yahya and i find it usefull and i just came across some people who criticize him.

what are your thoughts about him?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BlackMamba
12-19-2009, 03:11 AM
Ya I was gonna start a thread about that because I came across a video by Bilal Phillips that said bad things about Harun Yahya.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJTj0bp_oSo

Insecured soul
12-19-2009, 08:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Ya I was gonna start a thread about that because I came across a video by Bilal Phillips that said bad things about Harun Yahya.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJTj0bp_oSo
thats right brother, he said harun yahya informs that god is in everything however this is the very basis of idolatry since idolaters try to find god in matter.

hope someone would elaborate soon

Danah
12-19-2009, 08:50 AM
I was one if his fans as well, but I refrained from watching/reading his materials when I knew the truth about his aqeedah.....may Allah save us.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insecured soul
12-19-2009, 09:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
I was one if his fans as well, but I refrained from watching/reading his materials when I knew the truth about his aqeedah.....may Allah save us.
what is his aqeedah?

Danah
12-20-2009, 02:43 PM
^ read this:
http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/archi...php/t-322.html

I can't say that he is Sufi because I am not sure of that. Maybe someone can enlighten us more on the topic

Woodrow
12-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Personalty I like his books. But I cringe whenever he tries to present something as scientific. He really botches his "Scientific Proofs" up.

Although I do not recommend him for Da'wah material, I find he is interesting and thought provoking if the reader already has a good, solid foundation in Islam. Nice reading for intelligent, knowledgable teenagers who can understand it is a person's opinion presented in an interesting format.

Good reading, but it must be kept in the context of being metaphors and analogies and should not be presented as proven fact.

GuestFellow
12-20-2009, 03:04 PM
I don't actually trust him... :/

Danah
12-20-2009, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Personalty I like his books. But I cringe whenever he tries to present something as scientific. He really botches his "Scientific Proofs" up.

Although I do not recommend him for Da'wah material, I find he is interesting and thought provoking if the reader already has a good, solid foundation in Islam. Nice reading for intelligent, knowledgable teenagers who can understand it is a person's opinion presented in an interesting format.

Good reading, but it must be kept in the context of being metaphors and analogies and should not be presented as proven fact.
In other word, it's a double edged weapon I guess.

Muslim Woman
12-20-2009, 03:17 PM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Adib Shaikh
salaam alaikum people

i read a lot of books published by harun yahya and i find it usefull and i just came across some people who criticize him.

what are your thoughts about him?
i read his few books . Did not find anything objectionable so far.

czgibson
12-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Greetings,

Harun Yahya's organisation provides propaganda for Islam at an astonishing rate. The man himself (real name Adnan Oktar) claims to have written over three hundred books in the last thirty years; if you believe that, you'll believe anything.

I'm very surprised to hear Woodrow recommending these books as "Nice reading for intelligent, knowledgable teenagers". Most teenagers I've met would be able to see through them straight away...

Have a read of Adnan Oktar's wikipedia entry and decide if you would trust this man.

Peace

GuestFellow
12-20-2009, 03:21 PM
I heard he is launching a campaign against Evolution. From my knowledge there is nothing in the Qu'ran or the Hadiths to suggest that Islam is against or supports evolution. Does not speak of it.

So this campaign is pointless. I would avoid reading his book, I rather read something objective and impartial.

Muslim Woman
12-20-2009, 03:29 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
...there is nothing in the Qu'ran or the Hadiths to suggest that Islam is against or supports evolution. .
If evolution denies that Prophet Adam pbuh is the first human being and Allah taught him names of all things , if evolution concept teaches that human being came from apes or something like this and first human being could not walk or talk , then surely Islam is against it.

..and Allah created in Adam the knowledge of the names of everything. ( chapter 2 ; verse 31 )

GuestFellow
12-20-2009, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

If evolution denies that Prophet Adam pbuh is the first human being and Allah taught him names of all things , if evolution concept teaches that human being came from apes or something like this and first human being could not walk or talk , then surely Islam is against it.

..and Allah created in Adam the knowledge of the names of everything. ( chapter 2 ; verse 31 )

Biological Evolution – An Islamic Perspective

There is nothing to be concerned about this at all. I don't personally see what the issue here it.

Whether Evolution is valid or not, it is not a religious enquiry but a scientific one.

Muslim Woman
12-20-2009, 03:48 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

Whether Evolution is valid or not, it is not a religious enquiry but a scientific one.

if evoluction concept does not accept that Allah created human being in a perfect shape , then it contradicts with holy Quran . If Harun Yahya starts compaign aginast it , I think he did a good job. I don't know about his all opinion , if he is a sufi or not , but in this case he is right .

Woodrow
12-20-2009, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Harun Yahya's organisation provides propaganda for Islam at an astonishing rate. The man himself (real name Adnan Oktar) claims to have written over three hundred books in the last thirty years; if you believe that, you'll believe anything.

I'm very surprised to hear Woodrow recommending these books as "Nice reading for intelligent, knowledgable teenagers". Most teenagers I've met would be able to see through them straight away...

Have a read of Adnan Oktar's wikipedia entry and decide if you would trust this man.

Peace
Most teenagers I've met would be able to see through them straight away...
Which is why I recommended it for them. It should be intersting for the age group, yet they would have enough intelligence to understand his method is not scientific. I would not recommend him to anybody who is naive about scientific methods.

czgibson
12-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Greetings,
Which is why I recommended it for them. It should be intersting for the age group, yet they would have enough intelligence to understand his method is not scientific.
Do you mean interesting along the lines of "look at the kind of mind-shrinking nonsense this charlatan has been able to get away with churning out so far"?

Peace

Muslim Woman
12-20-2009, 04:24 PM

Anyone who does not like Harun Yahya , pl. post examples from his books or sites those go against mainstream Islam. Thanks.

cat eyes
12-20-2009, 04:31 PM
all i will say is Allah has blessed this man with a very unique gift to catch his readers eye

cat eyes
12-20-2009, 04:36 PM

:sl:that may be true but the amount of people who are after reverting to islam after reading his books is amazing. i think this man has a talent and i believe he will be rewarded even if the stuff he writes is not perfect

Woodrow
12-20-2009, 06:17 PM

Anyone who does not like Harun Yahya , pl. post examples from his books or sites those go against mainstream Islam. Thanks.
I doubt his books go against mainstream Islam. The problem is in what he presents as scientific proof. His methodology of proof is not scientific, but he presents it as being scientific. His flaws in his method of science, is not scientific and these errors, when seen by a non Muslim do cast doubt as to if they can believe anything he says.

In other words he says the right things, but tries to prove them in the wrong way.

2 big errors I see him making consistently

Error one involves showing that "Darwinists" claim that the natural world was produced by "coincidence", or "random chance". Yahya then points out that this can't possibly be the case, and concludes that therefore evolution is wrong.

The problem here is Darwinism never addresses the method of creation. For him to claim that they attribute creation to "coincidence" or "Random Chance" Leaves a person to question what he is basing his arguments on. He is presenting an argument against a claim that was never made and to a person with even a little science knowledge, it looks silly.

Error two is to declare that since evolution is wrong, Allah made whatever it is that Yahya's discussing by a miracle.

While Allaah(swt) did create everything, to proof that something did not create everything is not proof Allaah(swt) was the creator. You can not prove something is true by proving something else is false. I can offer proof that my cat did not write this post, but that is not proof I am the one who wrote it.

Woodrow
12-20-2009, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl:that may be true but the amount of people who are after reverting to islam after reading his books is amazing. i think this man has a talent and i believe he will be rewarded even if the stuff he writes is not perfect
I have no questions about his intent. I do hope his books are successful in leading people to the truth. I hope he is rewarded for the good he does.

It is not what he says, it is I find his method of presenting proof faulty, perhaps it is only faulty to people with a strong scientific background. But, I can see that his books do look very erroneous to a scientist and unless a scientist already has a good knowledge of Islam, they may be led away from Islam.

AlHoda
12-20-2009, 07:00 PM

Excuse me, but who is Harun Yahye? I have never heard of him.

ژاله
12-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Error one involves showing that "Darwinists" claim that the natural world was produced by "coincidence", or "random chance". Yahya then points out that this can't possibly be the case, and concludes that therefore evolution is wrong.

The problem here is Darwinism never addresses the method of creation. For him to claim that they attribute creation to "coincidence" or "Random Chance" Leaves a person to question what he is basing his arguments on. He is presenting an argument against a claim that was never made and to a person with even a little science knowledge, it looks silly.
sorry, but i didnt quite understand your point. if darwinism never addresses the method of creation, then what exactly does it address? by creation, i suppose you mean emergence of life on earth, right? if so, then thats what darwinism addresses.

ژاله
12-20-2009, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda

Excuse me, but who is Harun Yahye? I have never heard of him.
visit this, www.harunyahya.com

Woodrow
12-20-2009, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Do you mean interesting along the lines of "look at the kind of mind-shrinking nonsense this charlatan has been able to get away with churning out so far"?

Peace
:D

Not quite. I find his books as being an entertaining way of awakening Young Muslims to what is in the Qur'an and perhaps get them to search the Qur'an more often. But, I would not recommend it to anyone I felt did not have sufficient knowledge to heed my warning to not take anything as scientific proof

Caller الداعي
12-20-2009, 07:09 PM
وَلاَ تَقْفُ مَا لَيْسَ لَكَ بِهِ عِلْمٌ إِنَّ السَّمْعَ وَالْبَصَرَ وَالْفُؤَادَ كُلُّ أُولئِكَ كَانَ عَنْهُ مَسْؤُولاً

And do not follow a thing about which you have no knowledge. Surely, the ear, the eye and the heart - each one of them shall be interrogated about.

we must be more careful about giving our opinions about muslims

Woodrow
12-20-2009, 07:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
sorry, but i didnt quite understand your point. if darwinism never addresses the method of creation, then what exactly does it address? by creation, i suppose you mean emergence of life on earth, right? if so, then thats what darwinism addresses.
Darwinism only addresses Darwin's ideas as to how different species of life came about from the original. Basically his theory is "Survival of the Fittest" the species best adapted to the environment is the one most likely to reproduce. He never made any claims or theories about how anything was created.

Oddly his theories are almost identical to the teachings of one of the greatest early Muslim Scientists. It has been suggested he may have copied the works of Al-Jahiz. Whose work is nearly identical to Darwins "Origin of Species" commonly called the theory of evolution.

The ''Kitab al-Hayawan'' is an encyclopedia of seven volumes of anecdotes, poetic descriptions and proverbs describing over 350 varieties of animals. It is considered as the most important work of al-Jahiz.
In the ''Book of Animals'', al-Jahiz first speculated on the influence of the environment on animals and developed an early theory of evolution. Al-Jahiz considered the effects of the environment on the likelihood of an animal to survive, and first described the struggle for existence and an early theory on natural selection.[

See this link: http://tripatlas.com/Al-Jahiz

Argamemnon
12-20-2009, 07:52 PM

I don't know if he goes against Islam, but he goes against science. He is not a scientist and is only embarrassing himself.

جوري
12-20-2009, 08:13 PM
anyone should be allowed to write anything.. 'scientists' write many un-scientific things and get away with it, though I personally think it should be given equal rebuke!..
such as:

Black people 'less intelligent' scientist claims

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2677098.ece

or

It’s not enough to call it God, it would need some sort of explanation such as evolution. Maybe it evolved in another universe and created some computer simulation that we are all a part of.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle1767506.ece

one can't have one dominant voice because it earned merit in a particular field, extend that to philosophy and by the same token impose the hypocritical sanctions on another by virtue that he isn't a scientist.

I personally find his works to be of the same level as those pushing out their anti-God agenda .. in other words somewhat superficial and not technical nor convincing but it is a one man effort... one should always judge the material not the individual..

I have read a paper by a Harvard grad who couldn't get his cations and anions correct but everyone so banked on his good name and his first class education that they averted to mistakes not even made by fifth graders in a beaten inner city public school.

People should really question their motives when speaking for or against anything.. is it because of personal beliefs or is it because there is merit or lack thereof in the material itself?

Argamemnon
12-20-2009, 09:26 PM
I also agree with Gossamer. What they present as science is quite often nothing more than blind belief and fabrication.

As for Harun Yahya, many people in Turkey believe he's mentally ill and a sex maniac. I don't know.

Muslim Woman
12-21-2009, 06:14 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
... many people in Turkey believe he's mentally ill and a sex maniac. I don't know.

If u don't know , then pl. don't spread such offensive attacks / remarks about anyone . Thanks.

Insecured soul
12-21-2009, 06:22 AM
personally even i dont think there is anything bad about his lectures. il use my discretion.

CosmicPathos
12-21-2009, 06:25 AM

if evoluction concept does not accept that Allah created human being in a perfect shape , then it contradicts with holy Quran . If Harun Yahya starts compaign aginast it , I think he did a good job. I don't know about his all opinion , if he is a sufi or not , but in this case he is right .
Assalam Alaikum,

Sister, you first have to define what do you mean by "perfect" here? Is human being really perfect? Not really. At least not materially and physically. Sometimes he can get rid of dangerous viruses, at other times those viruses kill him. There are many other examples. So you really have to first define what you mean by "perfect" here. Human being is not perfect.

Regarding Harun Yahya, I dont like some of his claims. Actually most. Some of his videos are good. Most are junk and useless pseudscientific knowledge. His aqeeda seems to be shirky too.

Insecured soul
12-21-2009, 07:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
Assalam Alaikum,

Sister, you first have to define what do you mean by "perfect" here? Is human being really perfect? Not really. At least not materially and physically. Sometimes he can get rid of dangerous viruses, at other times those viruses kill him. There are many other examples. So you really have to first define what you mean by "perfect" here. Human being is not perfect.

Regarding Harun Yahya, I dont like some of his claims. Actually most. Some of his videos are good. Most are junk and useless pseudscientific knowledge. His aqeeda seems to be shirky too.
Are u trying to say a perfect human being is someone who can never be destroyed by anything? and nothing affects him????

Muslim Woman
12-21-2009, 08:31 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
Assalam Alaikum,

Sister, you first have to define what do you mean by "perfect" here? Is human being really perfect? ...

by 'perfect' , I did not mean faultless. The pictures we get of our forefathers like apes , walking using both legs and support of hands and used sign lagnuage - Islam does not agree with this conception .

Allah created Adam pbuh and taught him names of all things . This verse proves that Adam pbuh did not use sign language . Also as he was a Prophet pbuh and human was created as the best of the creations , it's unlikely that he/ they lived like lower animals.

And Allah knows Best.

Muhammad
12-21-2009, 08:34 AM

We've had this discussion several times on this forum, and I really don't think there's much benefit in it. A lot of things are simply claims and they have to be verified. I've noticed that hardly any evidence is brought forward for such claims, while some people are actually saying they're not true. So clearly we should first verify the facts before speaking about another Muslim, or else we could be slandering him which is a very great sin. Even if what is being said is true, then we have to be careful not to fall into backbiting - some of the comments made seem to lack the Islamic etiquette of speaking about others in their absence.

People should use their own discretion while reading his work - if you don't think it's good, then don't read it and don't recommend it. For all the claims made about him, remember that at the end of the day, Allaah (swt) is the Judge and it is not our place to speak without knowledge.

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.