/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tahajad salah tonight!

desert winds
12-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I intend to perform tonight. I know its a 2 rakat. Witr must be prayed after it. Is it for guidance? And do i need to sleep after isha then wake up or can i do it after isha?

Also if i do it 1 hour before fajar, do i do my witr after isha or still after the tahajad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
12-19-2009, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by desert winds
I intend to perform tonight. I know its a 2 rakat. Witr must be prayed after it. Is it for guidance? And do i need to sleep after isha then wake up or can i do it after isha?

Also if i do it 1 hour before fajar, do i do my witr after isha or still after the tahajad
:sl: Sister,

Are you getting mixed up with salaatul istakhara? Thats a two raka'ah salaat with a special du'aa at the end, and it's for guidance. Salaatul Istakhara can be read at any time of day, not just isha time. And it has no impact on your witr.

See this link: http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...-guidance.html

If you did mean tahajjud, thats normally more than two raka'ahs. Usually eight (though can be more I think). And that's not for guidance, but should inshaAllah hopefully become a daily habit as it was the sunnah of the Prophet sallallaahu alahi wa sallam. And witr is read afterwards.

Allah knows best.

:sl:

desert winds
12-19-2009, 10:07 PM
thanks for reply i was waiting for someone to post-
a facquaintance told me its for guidance and its a 2 rakat then i can pray my 1 rakat witr after.....

Insaanah
12-19-2009, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by desert winds
thanks for reply i was waiting for someone to post-
a facquaintance told me its for guidance and its a 2 rakat then i can pray my 1 rakat witr after.....
:sl: Sister,

Thats salatul istakhara.

If you read it after isha, then I'm not sure whether your witr would have to be before or after. I hope someone more knowledgable can answer. But it's a common misconception that you must read it at night and then go to sleep hoping to see a dream (which could happen, if Allah so willed). You can perform it at any time of day in which nafls aren't prohibited.

If I find out more, I'll post it here.

:sl:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
desert winds
12-19-2009, 10:17 PM
now im lost-
so lets talk about tahajud
how will i do that?
what do i do?
whats the purpose?
how many rakats?
when?
and wite after it?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.