/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Bombers(Islam)

Samiun
12-20-2009, 05:17 AM
:sl:

Hey brothers and sister, I just wanted to ask a few questions..

Who are the suicide bombers in the war country such as Iraq,Palestine and etc2?Are they extremists muslims a.k.a Al-Qaeda and Talibans?

I was playing surah Al-Kafiroon in a game and someone said,"We're gonna blow up". A friend of mine said,"Who's gonna blow us up?" After that he said that muslims blow people up(I think) and I explained to him that only the extremists do. Was I correct? If I'm wrong then I had commited a GREAT sin :(:hiding:

HELP!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yusuf Saeed
12-20-2009, 06:54 AM
:salamext:

You've committed no sin with saying that, don't worry.

Islam strictly forbids killing oneself, hence the suicide bombing is strictly forbidden as well. It's even more forbidden than just killing oneself because most of the time suicide bombing results in deaths of innocent people around and the Qur'an says: "…if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.” (5:32)

Here are a couple of extracts from a fatwa "Defending the Transgressed by Censuring the Reckless against the Killing of Civilians" by Shaykh Muhammad Afifi al-Akiti:

"Fasl III. The Method: Maqtûl bih
The proposition: "attacks such as the September 11th Hijackings is a viable option in jihâd," where such attacks employ tactics - analogous to the Japanese "kamikaze" missions during the Second World War - that have been described variously as self-sacrificing or martyrdom or suicide missions. There is no question among scholars, and there is no khilâf on this this question by any qâdî, muftî or faqîh, that this proposition and those who accept it are without doubt breaching the scholarly consensus [mukhâlifun li-l-ijmâ'] of the Muslims since it resulted in the killing of non-combatants; moreover, the proposition is an attempt to legitimize the killing of indisputable non-combatants.

As for the kamikaze method and tactic in which it was carried out, there is a difference of opinion with some jurists as to whether or not it constitutes suicide, which is not only Haram but also cursed. In this, there are further details. (Note that in all of the following cases, it is already assumed that the target is legitimate - i.e., a valid military target - and that the action is carried out during a valid war when there is no ceasefire [fi hâl al-harb wa-lâ l-hudnata fihi], just as with the actual circumstance of the Japanese kamikaze attacks.)

Tafsîl I: If the attack involves a bomb placed on the body or placed so close to the bomber that when the bomber detonates it the bomber is certain [yaqîn] to die, then the More Correct Position [Qawl Asahh] according to us is that it does constitute suicide. This is because the bomber, being also the maqtûl [the one killed], is unquestionably the same as the qâtil [the immediate and active agent that kills] = qâtil nafsah [self-killing, i.e. suicide].

Furu': If the attack involves a bomb (such as the lobbing of a grenade and the like), but the attacker thinks that when it is detonated , it is uncertain [zann] whether he will die in the process or survive the attack, then the Correct Position [Qawl Sahîh] is that this does not constitute suicide, and were he to die in this selfless act, he becomes what we properly call a martyr or hero [shahîd]. This is because the attacker, were he to die, is not the active, willing agent of his own death, since the qâtil is probably someone else."

"Yes, we will naturally feel the pain when any of our brothers and sisters die unjustly anywhere when their deaths have been caused directly by non-Muslims, but it must be the more painful for us when they die in Iraq, for example, when their deaths are caused directly by the self-destroying/martyrdom/suicide missions carried out by one of our own. On tafakkur, the second pain should make us realize that missions of this sort, when the means and the legal particulars are all wrong - by scripture and reason - are not only a scourge for our non-Muslim neighbours but a plague and great fitna for this mercied Umma, and desire insâf so that out of maslaha and the general good, it must be stopped."

The whole fatwa can be read here: http://www.livingislam.org/maa/dcmm_e.html

abu salaahudeen
12-20-2009, 10:16 AM
i was doing some research on that and it seems there are people on both sides to justify their argument from islaam

however it is incorrect to use the hadeeth of committing suicide due anxiety annd what not in this circumstance.

Im trying to locate the fatawa but i lost alot my research notes unfortunately

Samiun
12-21-2009, 03:10 AM
But I wonder, why would people suicide themselves? Further more they are muslims blowing up their own brothers and sisters... :( This totally lower down(I can't think of a word that is regarding to losing dignity) the Islam reputation that we all work for

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Humbler_359
12-21-2009, 04:01 AM
:sl: Brother,

Let me tell you this is absolutely nonsense that someone who blow up in name of religion. There are some SMALL groups called "revenge" to respond back. Why? They didn't have advanced technology or expensive military weapons or government permission. As we see, some people who are very poor, uneducated, fools and crazy. They had no choice.

Only they can do by instruction is put chemicals or powders to develop a bomb to be used in suicide bombers. That's simple solution. Yes, Sucide bombers blow up hundreds people died in a second in school, park, library, mall, etc.

Keep in mind, Suicide bombers have no identify, no heart, no soul, and no religion. These people will definitely going to be punished for their unreasonable killings purposely in which Allah (Subhan Wa taa'la) will judge them in Day of Judgement.

Like us normal, we couldn't do this bad example. Other bad people could this in name of Islam (saying "Allah Akbar" before blowing up). So we have to speak up to denounce it..........i.e-talibans against Pakistan people you see. Currently Pakistan army (with majority Muslims people, and police watchfully) destroy these clowns people recently.

Hope this help.

_PakistaN_
12-21-2009, 04:30 AM
U should put Pakistan on that list. Almost everyday somthing has been blown up there

Woodrow
12-21-2009, 04:51 AM
Suicide bombers are very alien to Islamic teachings. We can look back into the history of Muslims since Muhammad(PBUH) and see how past wars were fought. During the time of Our beloved Prophet(PBUH) we know from History the Muslims of the time had excellent knowledge of explosives Notably gun powder, blasting powder and Greek Fire (Similar to Napalm). Yet wars were conducted on a one to one basis with no use of explosives, nor the killing of innocents.

The means existed for there to have been suicide bombers, yet not one was ever used, and probably never even considered.

Now let us take a quick look at who has gained the most from the suicide bombers.

Apparently not Muslims as more Muslims have died from their actions than any other people.

A suicide bombing guarantees the loss of at least one of the best and most dedicated of soldiers. The bomber himself, who would have been a very valuable front line soldier, if he had lived. The elite of the elite are guaranteed to die in a suicide bombing and they would have been the most heroic of soldiers if they had lived long enough to be front line soldiers. I suspect that many occupation soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan are very pleased that those formidable young soldiers chose to be suicide bombers as that eliminates them from ever being a face to face combatant. The best soldiers will never face an occupying enemy, as they have been talked into destroying themselves and many non-combatant Muslims before they ever get a chance to be an undefeatable soldier on the battle field.

IslamicRevival
12-21-2009, 04:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
:sl:

Hey brothers and sister, I just wanted to ask a few questions..

Who are the suicide bombers in the war country such as Iraq,Palestine and etc2?Are they extremists muslims a.k.a Al-Qaeda and Talibans?

I was playing surah Al-Kafiroon in a game and someone said,"We're gonna blow up". A friend of mine said,"Who's gonna blow us up?" After that he said that muslims blow people up(I think) and I explained to him that only the extremists do. Was I correct? If I'm wrong then I had commited a GREAT sin :(:hiding:

HELP!
Salaam

Al Qaeda, Taliban are extremists, they send suicide bombers to mosques sparking sectarian clashes. They have blown up 100s of girls school, treat women badly and so on. They claim they want sharia implemented but they do not follow Allah SWT's law themselves. (Having said that, i dont blame them for defending their land as long as they go by sharia law)

Unfortunately for us the media spread their trash propaganda which is why we get many people who wrongly think all Muslims are like the Taliban

Ignore the comments, Al Qaeda may be bad but the number one extremists in the world are the Americans and illegal Israelis

cat eyes
12-21-2009, 07:52 PM
:sl:they are brain washed into doing it because most of them are very young and had there families murdered by american troops so they are encouraged to do it and these people make them believe its there right to take revenge so we hardly have the right to judge somebody who is brain washed do we and not in there own senses?

abu_musab461
12-21-2009, 09:43 PM
The blood of the muslims is sacred, as the prophet (pbuh) and its seems so cheap to everyone involved in the war, especially extremist muslims who feel no remose at blowing up thier own muslim brothers and sisters in a market place!

hundreds of people die every month and they dont achieve anything except creating more hatred and anger between the muslims.

Argamemnon
12-22-2009, 05:33 AM
What can Palestinians do other than carry out suicide attacks? If you live in a piece of land which is more like a prison; where the airspace and borders are controlled by the enemy and they suffocate you economically, cut off your water, shoot at civilians, bomb your hospitals and schools etc.. I don't know how else one should respond.

brotherubaid
12-22-2009, 12:36 PM
http://www.islamagainstextremism.com/
This website is allll you need , share with friends

Also this has lots of imprtnat works translated to english, we need to understand the khawarij
www.authentictranslations.com

Also

http://www.answering-extremism.com

and
www.fatwa-online.com there is a book about Islam against terrorism , a nice compliation

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.